PDA

View Full Version : Of the First 3 movies, Which was your Fav?

Snafu7
03-22-2003, 01:13 PM
I always liked Return of the Jedi

Wraith 8
03-22-2003, 03:51 PM
well these kinda threads have been done before... but ill play along :p

first of all... i think as a real star wars fan you shouldnt choose.... would you choose favorites among your childeren? :D :p

if i have to chose. Return of the jedi.
because of the space battle and the duel.

Snafu7
03-22-2003, 03:59 PM
I'm a Star Wars fan, but I'm not so obsessed that I can't pick which one I like the best

Wraith 8
03-22-2003, 04:04 PM
well i must say that all movies have a quality that makes them equally fun to watch

Snafu7
03-22-2003, 07:26 PM
That's true

Clemme w/Stick
03-22-2003, 07:31 PM
I'd have to say ESB!

Its always a hard choice between ESB and RotJ..!

-Clemme

Katarn07
03-22-2003, 08:01 PM
I said it before, I'll say it once more.....

ANH

Snafu7
03-22-2003, 09:13 PM
ANH is pretty good, I never really like ESB muc though

Taos
03-22-2003, 09:16 PM
My favorite is ESB!!! :D

leXX
03-22-2003, 09:25 PM
I have a feeling I'm gonna see plenty of these threads...

Ah well.

My favourite is ESB, but only just. I love them ALL.

Taos
03-22-2003, 09:30 PM
Yep....you had better get used to them! :p

Why aren't you in bed btw? It has to be late there! :)

leXX
03-22-2003, 09:34 PM
I've been feeling like crap all day so I had a nap this afternoon, and now of course I can't sleep. I have a feeling I'm gonna be up pretty late again tonight.

Katarn07
03-22-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by swgbking
ANH is pretty good, I never really like ESB muc though

I can tell you what will win. ESB. ANH will only have one vote, by me, and RotJ will trail ESB by a few votes... I too, love them all, but ANH has that nostalgia, even though I saw ESB a month later... :D

Rogue15
03-23-2003, 12:51 AM
esb. Star Destroyers, Ground Assault, Vader choking the heck out of people, Cloud City, Boba Fett, dramatic saber duel, NEED I SAY MORE?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!

Lynk Former
03-23-2003, 04:26 AM
Out of the FULLY original movies I like Return of the Jedi. Out of the Special Editions I like The Empire Strikes Back

Darklighter
03-23-2003, 11:24 AM
Can't choose at all. My favourite out of the original 3 films changes periodically, depending on which one I'm in the mood to watch. ANH is more of an introductory story, ESB being the funniest and a good link between the beginning and end, and ROTJ the most action packed and climactic.

I don't see them as seperate films. Just one big one that takes a whopping 9 hours to watch:xp:hehe

Snafu7
03-23-2003, 11:35 AM
out of the special editions, my fav. would be ESB.

dark jedi 8
03-23-2003, 02:22 PM
ROTJ, the SE would have been better if GL would have included the B-wing scenes. but i like the other two almost as equally as ROTJ.

ESB has by far the best story. and of course the Imperial March!

and ANH was a very good introductory film! a really love the whole Mos Eisely part.:D

ckcsaber
03-23-2003, 05:14 PM
Return of the Jedi is my favorite, but that doesn't say much since I love them all.

Return of The Jedi is basically my favorite because of the Luke and Vader duel. It is one of the most emotional scenes out of all of the Star Wars films, and the saber fighting is just awesome. It is my favorite saber fight by far. The OT duels went by too fast IMO.

Also, the Battle of Endor was flat out fantastic. I'm truly amazed Lucas was able to pull off something so dificult back then.

Snafu7
03-23-2003, 08:07 PM
Um ckcsaber, just a question, are you from the area around northfield and faraboult Minnesota?

Sivy
03-23-2003, 08:22 PM
for me they're all pretty equal, maybe i like ESB alittle more for the duel

ckcsaber
03-24-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by swgbking
Um ckcsaber, just a question, are you from the area around northfield and faraboult Minnesota?

:confused: No way. Never been to Minnesota all my life. I'm currently living down in Virginia.

Why do you ask??

Snafu7
03-24-2003, 07:35 PM
just the RIP freddie thing, kid in Faraboult named freddie was in a gang fight and got killed so now a bunch of ppl have RIP freddie on the cars and stuff

leXX
03-25-2003, 05:49 AM
He is reffering to Freddie Mercury of Queen fame.

ckcsaber
03-25-2003, 07:26 AM
Good Jobe leXX:D

Yup, my title is regarding to Freddie Mercury, who was the lead singer of Queen. He was a great singer, and sadly died of Aids in 91'.

[RAA]-=Chi3f=-
03-28-2003, 04:29 PM
When I was litle it was ROTJ because of the Ewoks.

Now I'd have to say ESB.

Bob Gnarly
03-28-2003, 04:32 PM
ROTJ all the way!

that was funny, and i loved the speeder bikes

SE_Vader_536
03-28-2003, 10:20 PM
who wouldnt like rotj i mean who wouldnt like watching ewoks beat the crap out of stormtroopers with rocks! and the emotional tension was great too.

StarCords
03-29-2003, 11:42 AM
All I know is that AOTC comes first and I can't pick between the others, so I did eeny meeny minie moe. I came up with ESB.

SE_Vader_536
03-29-2003, 10:32 PM
thats one way to do it...

vegietto
04-13-2003, 10:10 AM
The Empire Striked Back because the Empire kicked some serious ass but i do like Return of the Jedi but i like the Empire Striked Back better.

Jedi Skywalker
04-13-2003, 10:17 AM
Hard to make a choice, they're all good but ROTJ is the best. I like all the battles!!:cool:

Tesla
04-13-2003, 11:39 AM
Mine has to be ANH but i like all the star wars movies so much ;)

StormHammer
04-16-2003, 02:09 PM
ESB is definitely my favourite. It seemed a lot stronger in terms of plot, battles, pace, locations and performance, in my view.

Of course, I still immensely enjoy the other two in the classic trilogy. :)

joesdomain
04-21-2003, 11:27 PM
Return of the Jedi is my favorite. Jabba's Palace, Saralacc Pitt, the death of Yoda, Battle of Endor in space and on the planet. Plus, seeing death star II explode. What else can you say?

Sam Fisher
05-19-2003, 10:38 AM
I don't know why, but I like ESB.

rad-x
05-19-2003, 11:18 AM
Empire Strikes Back is the best by a mile. I never liked ROTJ, it was so forced, the Emperor was changed from cunning evil to evil evil, Carrie Fisher's acting was off, the speeder bikes went at 1000 miles an hour (I'm totally truthful on this, it was nearly as bad as that) and it takes Luke a couple of minutes to walk back, bloody giant bridge explosions, Yoda dies, inferior plot, stupid Second Death Star idea, ewoks (teddy bears) overcoming Imperial Troops (battle-hardened kickass troops) getting their ass whooped, no funny dialogue between Leia and Han, flawed Jabba (another evil evil character, seems George Lucas needs to simplify things), flawed Jabba's palace, good Sarlacc idea ruined by clumsy jumps, non-scary noises, and not large or flapping enough tentacles, Lando looks stupid in General outfit, Darth Vader now totally pathetic and unscary, ground battle of Endor cringe-inducing.

On the bright side, great music, Admiral Ackbar and that brilliant Mon Cal cruiser ship, amazing music in Vader vs Luke, and great explosions and co. in Second Death Star battle.

platypus202
05-29-2003, 03:15 AM
I Love them all but, Empire Strikes Back was by far my favorite.

benTantilles
05-30-2003, 10:25 AM
personally, i like rotj for it's plot contributions (eg battle of endor) but i honestly think esb was better, by far, as a movie.

MennoniteHobbit
05-31-2003, 07:26 PM
My favorite movie is Return of the Jedi, although I really liked the first Death Star Scene in A New Hope. Empire Strikes Back wasn't that great since Hoth wasn't that exciting other than seeing the AT-AT Walkers blasting the base into oblivion. :D

Lynk Former
05-31-2003, 08:33 PM
ESB was dark and moody, rock on \m/ :p

Wanderer
06-03-2003, 11:42 AM
The Empire Strikes back was one of the most impressive movies of the first trilogy.

although I love all of the movies of the first trilogy!

But you know...in the second movie there's so much told about the force...in no other movie the relationship between master and padawan and the teaching of the force is so detailed than in The Empire strikes back. That is cool:D

pleto4_ryan
06-29-2003, 12:07 AM
of course i cannot choose....:p

The Cheat
06-29-2003, 07:04 PM
my favorite would have to be return of the jedi but i love them all almost equally

OmegaNothing
06-30-2003, 11:14 AM
I love ESB but I love RotJ that little bit more, the Special Edition ending was cool, and I loved the Saber duel and watching Anakin come back to the light.

Tufkad
07-01-2003, 01:40 AM
A New Hope, but ROTJ is a VERY close second.
I never liked ESB as much as the other two but I still ike it a lot, and a lot more than any other movie I've ever seen. (Han gets frozen! Oh no!)

OmegaNothing
07-06-2003, 12:23 PM
Personally I think the Dagobah scenes bring ESB down, they spend way too much time there and I find it boring at times, but thats just me....

Jedi_Monk
07-16-2003, 06:03 PM
...I don't dislike RotJ as much as rad-x... but I certainly think it's inferior to the other movies. It would have been much better if Lucas could have set the final battle on and over Imperial City as he originally intended :(

So... my favorite of the OT is ESB. The atmosphere of ESB is just haunting, and I've gotta think Lucas will be shooting for that same feeling in Episode III.

Lord Siraious
07-19-2003, 03:18 AM
My favourite has always been Return of the Jedi.

shukrallah
07-24-2003, 04:18 PM
ROTJ :D luke vs. vader.... that was amazing!
main thing... i didnt like the ewoks either.. i mean.. little bears beating up what the emperor called 'an entire legion of my best troops...' i mean.. come on... what would win in real life, a blaster, or a rock?

No way. Never been to Minnesota all my life. I'm currently living down in Virginia.

whoa virginia... im in virginia! :)

Wesia Daoke
08-03-2003, 01:30 PM
becuz of the big space battle at the end

Atlas
08-03-2003, 02:31 PM
its a draw between ESB and RotJ. Best story line vs. the saber duel and big space battle :D

SITH 1000
12-27-2003, 10:24 PM
Well for me I like Return of the jedi"why?" because luke is at his full power and you can see darth vaders real face!:eek: :cyb1:

Mini_k
12-28-2003, 01:05 AM
Return of the Jedi has got to be the most cool of the 3 films, with all the duels and combat going on all the time...

Darth Rythe
12-28-2003, 01:12 AM
I've always been a fan of ROTJ mainly because of the end battle.

txa1265
09-16-2004, 05:09 AM
I chose Empire (as we teenagers called it 24 years ago ;) ), but truly love all of them. All but TPM are definitely in my all-time top 20 movies.

Star Wars - I still remember the opening crawl, which I thought was cool and immediately engaging. So many movies before and since just have opening credits you kind of half-watch. This had no credits - just story. You took immediate notice. Then a ship under attack. Fine looked good but we'd seen such things, so it was just an interesting start. So now we get the attacking ship ... this thing is big ... um really big ... is this thing ever going to end?!? Wow - that just set everything going ...

Empire - if Star Wars was a classic tale of the rise of a hero of good to defeat evil, then Empire is the classic second act, in which we realize that evil is not defeated, just set back. The large battle happens at the beginning of the movie - again unprecedented before and since. The rest is the small action, big story, glory ... and you really had to have been there for *the* line ...

RotJ - at 17 I was getting a bit old, very busy with so much activity, so I probably only saw Jedi a half-dozen times in '83 ;) The final lightsaber duel between Luke and Vader, *that music* ... it was such a great flick. I had no problem with Ewoks (nor Gungans, for that matter), but was disappointed with Han's role, as comic relief (like C3PO on Geonosis). However, the difficulty of having a main character become sidelined now looks prescient of the roles of non-Jedi in a Jedi world in the prequels.

And ... as I've said elsewhere, if I had to choose favorite overall, it would be AotC. So sue me ... Lucas hasn't raped my childhood ;)

Mike

SE_Vader_536
09-16-2004, 05:13 AM
you realize you bumed a thread that has been dead for a year and a half?

txa1265
09-16-2004, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by SE_Vader_536
you realize you bumed a thread that has been dead for a year and a half? ... and your point was ... ?

Seriously - I *didn't* notice, but with the OT DVD arriving, it doesn't seem inappropriate.

BTW - check your calendar, it was only 9 months since the last thread posting ...

Mike

Sivy
09-16-2004, 06:27 AM
*puts on Mod hat*

the way i understand it is, there's nothing wrong with bumping old threads if you have something to add to the topic.
the bumping of old threads is only frowned upon if people do it for the sole reason of bringing threads to the top of the page. i.e. the infamous 'bump!' post.
it is also frowned upon if people post in old thread with such things as 'i agree!' or something spammy, i.e. not contributing.

i may be wrong, i'm sure if i am one of the other mods will correct me if i am.

Lieutenant_kettch
10-11-2004, 01:49 PM
ROTJ is by far the best OT, and it is narrowly the best SW movie(ahead of AOTC), although AOTC and ROTJ are compareable

Shok_Tinoktin
10-11-2004, 02:30 PM
I like the epic value of ROTJ

RebelScum!
10-13-2004, 08:17 AM
I like Empire Strikes back for one reason.....THe Empire Strikes back...thats good...+ all the jedi had was a bunch of mupets.

Ockniel
10-13-2004, 08:26 AM
Im going to go with A new Hope :)

I mean, what not to love about:

Luke: so.. what da' ya think about her?

Han: Im trying not to kid

Luke: *pause* ...good.

Han: but shes got a high spirit... you think that an old space merchant like me, and a princess like her--

Luke: No.

I mean, c'mon!!

I didn't edit the post!! Its a lie!!!

Lieutenant_kettch
10-13-2004, 08:28 AM
valid point ockniel, but... the ewoks!!!!

TheOutrider
10-17-2004, 09:05 PM
I like EP3 because the battle with Luke and Vader

RedHawke
10-17-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by TheRealJedidude
I like EP3 because the battle with Luke and Vader
But EP3 isn't part of the OT, and Luke isn't even in it, or Luke is just a baby. :confused:

On Topic: My favorite is TESB, it's darker tone, the battle of Hoth, Vader choking Imperial Officers to death like some people eat M&M's, and the fact the Falcon was broke through most of it, was just classic.

Though all 3 are really good, TESB just stands out a little more. :D

Shok_Tinoktin
10-17-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by RedHawke
But EP3 isn't part of the OT, and Luke isn't even in it, or Luke is just a baby. :confused:

I think he was talking about ROTJ, because it was the third episode of the first three movies.

Zerosaber
10-25-2004, 05:04 PM
My favorite is ROTJ. It has some really dramatic scences I really like. Like the battle of Endor, The scenes between Han, Leia, and Luke while they are in the Ewok village, and of course Th lightsaber fight and the scene with Yoda. I can tell ESB is a better made film but I still think ROTJ is my favorite except for that last ghost scene when they replace Sebastian Shaw with Hayden Christiansen. That bugged me like hell. Shaw looked like a better Anakin.

TheOutrider
10-25-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin
I think he was talking about ROTJ, because it was the third episode of the first three movies. you would be correct

ET Warrior
10-25-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Sivy
*puts on Mod hat*

the way i understand it is, there's nothing wrong with bumping old threads if you have something to add to the topic.
the bumping of old threads is only frowned upon if people do it for the sole reason of bringing threads to the top of the page. i.e. the infamous 'bump!' post.
it is also frowned upon if people post in old thread with such things as 'i agree!' or something spammy, i.e. not contributing.

i may be wrong, i'm sure if i am one of the other mods will correct me if i am.

I agree.

<_<

>_>

No really, that's as agood an explanation as can be given :)

Good job Sivy! :D

JDKnite188
10-26-2004, 05:17 AM
All around in movie aspects such as plot, characters, setting, and more, ESB takes the crown as my favorite, but all of the movies were almost equally great. Since ANH was the first of the awesome trilogy, it can be cut some slack; it was an experiment at the time. RotJ was a great closure for the series, but I always felt it was too quick with Jabba's Palace. Jabba was a PIMP! They should have elaborated with more scenes of aliens at the place and more stuff happening.

Still, the series, IMO, are the best movies ever, based on the time period they were made, how they were made, and what content they have.

primalunderdog
11-24-2004, 02:52 PM
A new hope was the best for me because it was the first i saw.

Jedi Yuriath
11-25-2004, 04:29 AM
I don't know how you can choose only one movie ... This is a trilogy none of the movies could be seen without seeing he others ... so many elements would be missing. It is a complete story and a master piece IMO.

I love them all. Can get tired of watching them again and again.

All hail SW!!!

Revan Solo
11-27-2004, 12:29 AM
I am for Ep. V. There is the most action!
And there are most of the good parts of the whole story ( The Trilogy).

boinga1
11-27-2004, 03:34 PM
I liked the saber duel in ESB best (besides Luke getting his butt kicked), but I liked ROTJ (minus Ewoks) better overall. Of course, ESB has a lot of :yoda: going for it, so that helps a little. Overall, however, I'd take ROTJ as my fav.

Revan Solo
11-29-2004, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by boinga1
I liked the saber duel in ESB best (besides Luke getting his butt kicked), but I liked ROTJ (minus Ewoks) better overall. Of course, ESB has a lot of :yoda: going for it, so that helps a little. Overall, however, I'd take ROTJ as my fav. Vote for ESB!!!!:p

90SK
11-29-2004, 12:55 PM
ESB is my all time favorite. Its not that I don't like the others, but out off all of them, I like ESB the most. Its just has MORE. Action, romance, sadness, badass evil-ness, ect.:D

micks75au
11-30-2004, 01:08 AM
Empire strikes back

But Im hanging out for ROTS

Revan Solo
11-30-2004, 07:00 AM
Best character in the whole trilogy is Han Solo! Nothing triumphates over him!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

Zerosaber
12-02-2004, 10:51 AM
Indiana Jones does so does Jack Ryan seeing how this has no relation to this thread.

Shok_Tinoktin
12-02-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Zerosaber
Indiana Jones does so does Jack Ryan seeing how this has no relation to this thread.

What??? :confused:

Zerosaber
12-02-2004, 12:35 PM
I'm just naming some of the characters that Harrison Ford alos plays. I dunno why I huess i was high

Revan Solo
12-09-2004, 05:29 AM
I find that Harrison Ford's greatest roles are in Star Wars and Indiana Jones. The other ones are only boring thrillers.

idle
12-15-2004, 05:20 AM
Empire Strikes Back for me with ANH running a close second. RotJ was ruined by the Ewoks for me, :( though this is just my humble opinion.

Revan Solo
12-15-2004, 05:32 AM
I like Ewoks!

idle
12-15-2004, 05:52 AM
I like shooting Ewoks! :)

Revan Solo
12-15-2004, 07:22 AM
strange guy!:p

CapNColostomy
12-16-2004, 12:07 AM
Yeah...Empire like a mofo. The only film where Vader was remotely menacing. He's supposedly the focus of these movies. This one featured him the most, and at his best/worst.

Revan Solo
12-17-2004, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by CapNColostomy
Yeah...Empire like a mofo. The only film where Vader was remotely menacing. He's supposedly the focus of these movies. This one featured him the most, and at his best/worst. What is a mofo?

idle
12-17-2004, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by Revan Solo
What is a mofo?

Acronym Definition
MoFo Morrison and Foerster LLP (law firm)
MOFO Mother Figure (polite form)

Revan Solo
12-17-2004, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by idel
Acronym Definition
MoFo Morrison and Foerster LLP (law firm)
MOFO Mother Figure (polite form) Sorry, what is that???:confused:

I am no insider!:p

idle
12-17-2004, 03:36 AM
Dictionary.com you fool!!1!one!!

Big up to Morrison and Foerster LLP. Yo.

El Sitherino
12-17-2004, 06:04 AM
What is a mofo? it's a mother ****er.

Lynk Former
12-17-2004, 09:13 AM
Hey, you two, cut it out.

pnkparasite
01-04-2005, 11:20 AM
ROTJ is my favorite because through the fighting and shooting you can see very clearly an emotional plot too. It must stink to be Palpatine.

Ranre
01-13-2005, 04:51 PM
I would have to say ESB because of Hoth and the great fire fights.

Soromonu
01-14-2005, 05:41 PM
ESB

OMG..when it is revealed that the evil dude in the black suit with the breathing problem is the little white kid's dad...best scene ever

Derc
01-17-2005, 01:39 PM
I liked Empire Strikes Back. :atat:

Kurgan
01-18-2005, 07:14 PM
I like seeing "old Anakin" as a spirit, and while I appreciate the "epic ending" (1997 & 2004 Editions) showing the various planets being liberated from the Empire's evil clutches, I still enjoy the Ewok's "special celebration" in their small triumph (and sacrifice) over their occupiers.

The old "Lapti Nek" song was silly and corny, but "Jedi Rocks" was far worse and even more forgettable.

Still, once all the re-edits and CGI insert dust has settled, Return of the Jedi is still my favorite.

I don't care if people feel it was the moment that Lucas "sold out," or if the Ewoks are "too cute," (this was before Jar Jar, right?) it was a fun adventure/action movie, and I still enjoy watching it today. It's my favorite of all the SW flicks yet released.

So yeah, without the other two films there's something lacking, and the story is wrapped up pretty quickly and it could be edited better in places, but ROTJ is still #1 on my list.

Revan Solo
01-19-2005, 02:55 AM
I have a question on "The Return of the Jedis".

At the end, when the empire's Death Star is destroyed, there is firework on Couruscant.
But in "Reallity" Couruscant is still occupated by the Empire. Why is that how it is?

Kurgan
01-19-2005, 11:35 AM
It seems to me that the EU wrote that Coruscant took a long time to be retaken by the Rebel Alliance/New Republic.

But Lucas, when making the SE's in 1997 (and 2004) intended for us, the audience, to assume that we were seeing Coruscant liberated.

So the fans are left with a few possible options:

1) Seconds after the scene at the end of ROTJ, the Empire stormed in, and shot everyone. The celebration was trashed and it took awhile for Coruscant to be liberated, like the EU has been saying all along.

2) The scene in the SE took place a LONG time later than the rest of the shots. It wasn't a simultaneous shot (the same night) but rather could have taken place weeks, months or even years after everyone else went home from Endor.

3) Lucas changed the story. Ignore the EU thing, and just assume that Coruscant was liberated from the Empire as shown, in a reasonably short time frame with the rest of the Endor celebration and other planet shots. G-Level canon overrides C-Level canon in this case.

4) Assume that, per the movie, Coruscant was liberated, but then it was shortly afterward re-captured by some Imperial force. Then it took awhile for it to be re-liberated. So when you read in the EU about it being liberated, you assume they mean the SECOND liberation, after the (off screen, off page) re-capture.

5) What we see in the movie is just a tiny, tiny, insignificant portion of Coruscant. The entire planet was not liberated, just a little bit of it. The rest remained under Imperial control for a long time. This seems implausible, but then again it maybe was a PR stunt like what happened in Iraq (the well televised tearing down of the Saddam statues in 2003 with a crowd of celebrating Iraqis) early in the course of the war/occupation. It would seem odd that the rest of the Imperial controlled planet would allow the capital or this small area to tear down statues of the Emperor and crowd surf Stormtroopers without something very bad happening to them.

I figure the "official" explanation is probably #1 or #4. Like Boba Fett's death, it seems that we simply have a conflict between the story Lucas wants to tell and the story he allows his liscensed writers to tell. Or we could chalk it up to him letting them write the story then changing his mind later and creating the inconsistency himself (like the age of the Republic issue). But as fans dealing with "canon" issues you obviously have all that mess...

Shok_Tinoktin
01-19-2005, 05:22 PM
I'm pretty sure the EU does address this issue. I'm pretty sure the answer is something along the lines of #1 or #5, or some combination.

Revan Solo
01-20-2005, 07:50 AM
The fireworks were added 1997? Didn't they were in the original version from 1982?

Kurgan
01-21-2005, 11:08 AM
The fireworks were added 1997? Didn't they were in the original version from 1982?

The fireworks that happen in the sky of Endor, during the Ewok celebration, with X-wings flying past, THAT is in the original version.

In the 1997 SE, that scene TRANSITIONS into a scene of fireworks going off in the skies of Bespin, Tatooine and finally Coruscant.

The 2004 edition tosses Naboo into that mix.

So the fireworks were always there, but more fireworks were added for the SE... get it now?

Tiny nitpick: ROTJ was released in theaters in 1983, not 1982.

SarahSkywalker
03-14-2006, 06:21 AM
I voted for Empire Strikes Back because it had the most adventure and the most twists. It was way more interesting the ANH and ROTJ.

Shane_1990
03-16-2006, 11:39 AM
Hi. To be honset with u, there all to gd to chose on fav film out of the trilogey. But i suppose Empire Strikes Back, considering i think mostprobaley i wacthed that more out of the other two.

Cya.

Commander Obi-Wan
03-16-2006, 01:13 PM
Ooooo....old thread. Meh. I like ESB the best. It was awesome! Great action. But Luke wasn't frozen in carbonite. :(

TSR
03-17-2006, 04:25 AM
which is the one with the rancor? gotta be my favourite!!!!

Prime
03-17-2006, 12:03 PM
Probably ESB. But I really have come to view the OT it as one long film...

Commander Obi-Wan
03-17-2006, 06:30 PM
which is the one with the rancor? gotta be my favourite!!!!

OMG!!!!!!111

Yeah, it was Return of the Jedi. :)

MagnaGuard
03-17-2006, 08:55 PM
Empire Strikes Back

Jae Onasi
03-21-2006, 12:14 AM
ROTJ for me, but I like them all. I have to say, being old enough to have seen ESB in the theater, I _hated_ being left at a cliffhanger for 3 entire years. Now we only have to wait as long as it takes to put the next DVD in, but back then, ugh.

Commander Obi-Wan
03-21-2006, 01:01 PM
ROTJ for me, but I like them all. I have to say, being old enough to have seen ESB in the theater, I _hated_ being left at a cliffhanger for 3 entire years. Now we only have to wait as long as it takes to put the next DVD in, but back then, ugh.

Eh, your lucky. I had to wait nine years to see a Star Wars movie in theatres. And some others even more.

Point Man
03-21-2006, 11:40 PM
Gotta go with Star Wars. What can I say, I'm old enough that to me the first will always be called just Star Wars. It was so groundbreaking! Yes, the others may have been better made, but the original was just that--original. I remember how excited everyone was that summer of 1977. Here was something fresh and new. It defined popular culture for the period, and continues to this day.

†Saint_Killa†
03-22-2006, 09:23 AM
ESB. It's just great and it's the first SW movie I watched.

boinga1
03-27-2006, 08:17 PM
I have to give the nod to ROTJ. It wraps up the whole story, and has some of the best scenes in the first three. The Sail Barge, the Battle of Endor, the duel on the Death Star, Palpatine's Force Lightning, and more. The only scene that can compare (in the other two), IMO, is the Bespin duel in ESB.

Prime
03-28-2006, 11:47 AM
I have to give the nod to ROTJ. It wraps up the whole story, and has some of the best scenes in the first three. The Sail Barge, the Battle of Endor, the duel on the Death Star, Palpatine's Force Lightning, and more. The only scene that can compare (in the other two), IMO, is the Bespin duel in ESB.YOU FORGOT EWOKS!

master_skywalke
03-28-2006, 01:17 PM
Empire closely followed by ANH and ROTJ.

ESB was just the best with the Battle of Hoth and the Asteriod Field, Bespin and Dagobah. Not to forget the great scoe of John Williams ;) To me it has the best score of all three.

TSR
03-31-2006, 06:57 AM
YOU FORGOT EWOKS!

oh yeh, i did. well, i couldnt really see them undernath my at-st's foot. :)

McCusto
03-31-2006, 07:48 AM
I have to say, Return of the Jedi has always been my favorite.

Jeff
04-04-2006, 08:48 PM
Probably ESB. But I really have come to view the OT it as one long film...
This is how I see all the Star Wars movies now that they are all released. And, I have watched that 'one long film' in one sitting! :D

But my favourite is probably Return of the Jedi. Though all of them have certain things I like better than the others.

Prime
04-05-2006, 11:44 AM
But my favourite is probably Return of the Jedi. Though all of them have certain things I like better than the others.Indeed. It is funny that one of the best duels occures in TPM.

lateforwork
04-21-2006, 02:44 PM
I'll say Return of the Jedi.

Steve-O Kreesh
05-16-2006, 08:25 PM
Empire hands down.

Echo-7
05-18-2006, 01:43 PM
I love all star wars movies but i voted for Ep4, cause its the only movie where u see other people and alliens from star wars. Its great to see a city (Mos Eisly) with ships, houses and all in a galaxie far far away :)

starwarsnerd
05-27-2006, 12:21 PM
i like rotj the best. it had every thing ewoks,lightsaber fights,the force and another death star wich goes bang. it also has the sarlacc wich is pretty cool.

Of The Cheese
05-31-2006, 02:30 PM
I like Empire Strikes Back. In fact, the main reason I liked it was the music background that was played in it. I was listening to the Soundtrack to Empire Strikes Back on Napsterlinks today. It's just incredible stuff.
http://www.napster.com/player/album/10900551
You can click on the link above, and enter your email address and login name to hear all the full length songs within the album. It's pretty cool.

RaV™
06-01-2006, 12:29 AM
ROTJ

Darth Methos
06-06-2006, 04:51 PM
My favorite movie is Return of the Jedi as well. I like the changes that were made for the DVD release. Sweet!

MachineCult
06-06-2006, 05:20 PM
My favorite movie is Return of the Jedi as well. I like the changes that were made for the DVD release. Sweet!
You can't possibly be 30, no-one older than Kurgan like all the changes.

Commander Obi-Wan
06-06-2006, 09:28 PM
You just met one who is. :p

Darth Methos
06-06-2006, 09:41 PM
:animelol: I liked the Ewok sequence at the end of the 1980's version. They could have left the original Ani' head.

I liked the transitional cityscape endin'. It was pretty intrestin' to see the Little Shop of Horrors head in the sarlac pit. :animelol:

PoiuyWired
06-07-2006, 12:14 AM
Well, I have to admit, I prefer "Some" of the changes in the OT, mostly those nice cityscape and views, and some extra lifeforms in the background, and addition to some space battles.

Contrary to some, I do like the recolored 'sabers. But other than that there are only a few changes appeal to me. And yes the DVD RtoJ ending might not be bad, though I wish they kept most of the original ending also, and seriously, the JubJub song is better than the "Weza Free" thingy.

As for the bad things, I really don't want to start a frame war... Greedo...

Lantzen
06-07-2006, 08:52 AM
Return of the Jedi

Kurgan
06-07-2006, 06:47 PM
Return of the Jedi, the '83 theatrical version is my all time favorite, bar none.

For the most part the SE changes to it were negative or added nothing. About the only change I thought was an improvement was the cleaned up Rancor fx in the '04 edition and the one shot of the cliffs flying towards the Dune Sea (who cares about the herd of Banthas, but the skiffs look much better, with them seeming to hover more and the guy on the deck not looking so stop-motiony).

The "new ending" of the 2004 Edition works as an ending to the entire saga (though I could have lived without "Wesa free!!!"), but it is distracting because it smacks me in the face with some of the lowpoints in the prequels.

Prime
06-08-2006, 11:43 AM
You couldn't just say Return of the Jedi, could you. You had to bring all that up again. :)

Kurgan
06-08-2006, 01:45 PM
I did it just to annoy you. ;)

RellikRats
06-15-2006, 11:05 PM
My fave is ESB.

I actually would have said RotJ if it wasn't for Ewoks and the DSII! If it wasn't for the most excellent and intense final confrontation 'tween Luke/Vader/Sidious :lightning the movie would have been a bust.

After all, did we really need another Death Star? Sorry, already did the Death Star thing, i.e. the first movie, the big event, the main thang. Need to make up something else cool. It just seemed like a cop-out to me.

And the Ewoks :ewok: were just gawd-awful, like GL was sitting around saying, "Well, let's see, what sells? I know! Cute-n-cuddly! Let's populate the biggest movie event of the 80's with blaster-wielding teddy bears!"

Oh, and just to top it off, I thought Sebastian Shaw looked like a dang marshmallow, both in Vader suit and as a ghost. Very disappointing and anti-climactic to me. "This is the guy everyone's been afraid of for three movies?"

Well, definitely burned some bridges here. Laters.

Pho3nix
07-16-2006, 04:19 PM
Star Wars: A New Hope, definately. Gotta love the Binary Sunset.

DarthXilon123
08-17-2006, 08:29 PM
Empire Strikes Back VI it was action a lot of it with the begining of the movie when they're fighting on Hoth that was my favourite scene. The other ones weren't as good as that part!!

Great Scott!
08-17-2006, 08:30 PM
Don't know why this was bumped, but A New Hope.

grrrrrrrrrr7
08-18-2006, 10:15 AM
I like the EMPIRE STRIKES BACK. My favorite part is the Imperial March

Samurai DD
08-18-2006, 01:04 PM
Return of the Jedi, I love Anakin's redemption.

Negative Sun
08-18-2006, 02:38 PM
Indeed. It is funny that one of the best duels occures in TPM.
Hands down, I'm not too keen on the rest of that movie, but that part is one of the best moments in the Saga...When Obi-Wan confronts Maul after Qui-Gon got killed: Pure Class!

The best one quality wise is ESB, but my personal favorite has always been ROTJ, because of the duel and the space battle...and Jabba hehehe

DarthMuffin
08-20-2006, 11:16 AM
I never liked RotJ. I think the ending is too anti-climatic, and I find the Jabba's palace part to be boring.

My favourite would have to be ESB. Great action, story and character development throughout the whole movie. And there's Yoda :)

ANH is great too. I actually really like the start. Many people think it's too slow, but I think it's nice to see how Luke is pushed into the war only by "destiny".

Hands down, I'm not too keen on the rest of that movie, but that part is one of the best moments in the Saga...When Obi-Wan confronts Maul after Qui-Gon got killed: Pure Class!

And am I the only one to think that the TPM duel is bad? I know it's not really the place to discuss this, but since it has already been mentioned...
I think it looks fake. You can see that the actors only follow by heart the thing they learned. There is also zero emotion and interaction during this duel. They just fight. In all the other duels, there's something more to the fight than simply wanting to kill the bad guy who said 2 lines in the whole movie.

In AotC, they want to catch Dooku to end the war. In RotS, it's the master who tries to stop his apprentice. In ANH, it's the apprentice taking his revenge. In ESB, the father tells to truth to his son. In RotJ, the son saves the father. In TPM, it's just "wha?"

Fealiks
08-20-2006, 02:16 PM
i like rotj the best. it had every thing ewoks,lightsaber fights,the force and another death star wich goes bang. it also has the sarlacc wich is pretty cool.
Don't forget fireworks. I was going to say ROTJ but then I remembered that Empire is better than ROTJ. Then I remembered that A New Hope is better than Empire. So IV it is.

Great Scott!
08-22-2006, 09:31 AM
And am I the only one to think that the TPM duel is bad? I know it's not really the place to discuss this, but since it has already been mentioned...
I think it looks fake. You can see that the actors only follow by heart the thing they learned. There is also zero emotion and interaction during this duel. They just fight. In all the other duels, there's something more to the fight than simply wanting to kill the bad guy who said 2 lines in the whole movie.

In AotC, they want to catch Dooku to end the war. In RotS, it's the master who tries to stop his apprentice. In ANH, it's the apprentice taking his revenge. In ESB, the father tells to truth to his son. In RotJ, the son saves the father. In TPM, it's just "wha?"Well, first of all, remember there were like five battles going on at once, not enough time for emotion really. But even then, when Qui-Gon was killed, it started to get pretty emotional, or at least I thought so.

Negative Sun
08-22-2006, 10:01 AM
Yeah, that's what I mean, the short ls battle between Obi-Wan and Maul AFTER Qui-Gon got killed is the best ever...

MachineCult
08-22-2006, 10:18 AM
In AotC, they want to catch Dooku to end the war. In RotS, it's the master who tries to stop his apprentice. In ANH, it's the apprentice taking his revenge. In ESB, the father tells to truth to his son. In RotJ, the son saves the father. In TPM, it's just "wha?"
Wrong. The part of the TPM duel everyone is refering to is the part that the apprentice is avenging the master, it's as "wha?" and emotionless as the OT duels. So nice try.

Great Scott!
08-22-2006, 11:29 AM
Well said, MachineCult.

DarthMuffin
08-22-2006, 01:33 PM
Wrong. The part of the TPM duel everyone is refering to is the part that the apprentice is avenging the master

After two replies, I kind of understood that. No need to say it again.

it's as "wha?" and emotionless as the OT duels. So nice try.

I fail to understand this. It's either sarcasm, or you think that all the duels are empty of emotion.

MachineCult
08-22-2006, 01:55 PM
I fail to understand this. It's either sarcasm, or you think that all the duels are empty of emotion.
Well you definitely fail... I was giving a reason for the TPM duel not being "wha?" (..?) and emotionless, the sarcasm was clear to Nintendork, his agreeing with me should have helped you understand.

DarthMuffin
08-22-2006, 02:00 PM
Well you definitely fail... I was giving a reason for the TPM duel not being "wha?" (..?) and emotionless, the sarcasm was clear to Nintendork, his agreeing with me should have helped you understand.

Well I'm sorry for not having understood your meaning. Not everyone is as gifted as you or nintendork.

Valter
09-02-2006, 01:37 PM
I've always liked ROTJ the best for the final space battle and the Emperor's lightning show. (See my sig.)

Kurgan
09-11-2006, 10:14 PM
I'll also say that ROTJ had the coolest looking lightsabers (they sounded big, powerful and heavy, and had brilliant glows, despite Lowry Digital screwing them up in the 2004/2005 DVD's, in the original versions they look fantastic and looked great in theaters in 1997 too) and the best duel (apart from Episode I that is) and the best special effects (up to that time).

It also has the greatest space battle of the series, period (the Episode III battle is too chaotic, we don't spend much time on it, and the heroes really aren't participating in the battle, just flying through it to get to Grievous' ship).

Yes, the Emperor was an over-the-top villian (much more than the subtle mysterious figure of ESB, or even the scheming politician of the prequels), but he stole the show! (and had some of the best lines) ;)

Yes, ROTJ's weakness is that it doesn't develop the main characters a huge amount (it presumes you've seen the previous two movies, or at least ESB), but it's still my favorite. Best action, and doesn't go overboard on the cute/slapstick/jokiness as Episode I would (though the Special Editions lay this on thicker and start to plunge into that territory... remember they also added some of that hokiness to ANH).

As for the TPM duel, I consider it "the best" from an action standpoint. The camera pulls back and lets us SEE so much of the fight and it's so fast and awesome that I can't help but like it. Yes, there are interruptions which are annoying as they are in the other films but still, what we see is just flat out amazing (the first battle with Qui Gon in the desert is much more traditional, I'm talking about the battle in the factory/foundry/whatever that is between the three and then when they split off and fight Maul one on one).

To everyone complaining about the second death star.. I feel your pain. But be glad you only got one (in an early script draft there were THREE new death stars!).

And yes, I agree that Lucas ought to have had Dave Prowse in makeup under the mask originally. But oh well. We got Shaw instead (a veteran actor that most kids today aren't going to be familiar with), but we ACCEPTED HIM for 21 years as the "true face" of Darth Vader/Anakin. Then suddenly Lucas wants us to believe that it's really Hayden! I much prefer the kindly old man, a "healed" version of Shaw under the mask, than that long haired hippie whiner we saw in Episode III. I don't like the way he's looking at his daughter there either...! Luke goes back to the fire thinking "who the heck was that weirdo with Yoda and Ben... he's younger than me!"

Kurgan
09-11-2006, 10:27 PM
Well, I have to admit, I prefer "Some" of the changes in the OT, mostly those nice cityscape and views, and some extra lifeforms in the background, and addition to some space battles.

Contrary to some, I do like the recolored 'sabers.

Are you talking about the tweaked sabers in the Vader/Obi-Wan fight in ANH and Obi-Wan in the cantina in the same movie?

Surely you're not talking about Vader's saber suddenly turning pink or orange for no reason, or Luke's turning green in ANH, then back to blue!

Commander Obi-Wan: So you're older than me (I'm 27) and you prefer the Special Editions to the originals. Did you actually see the originals first?

Just curious. ;)

MachineCult
09-12-2006, 03:48 AM
And yes, I agree that Lucas ought to have had Dave Prowse in makeup under the mask originally. But oh well. We got Shaw instead (a veteran actor that most kids today aren't going to be familiar with), but we ACCEPTED HIM for 21 years as the "true face" of Darth Vader/Anakin. Then suddenly Lucas wants us to believe that it's really Hayden! I much prefer the kindly old man, a "healed" version of Shaw under the mask, than that long haired hippie whiner we saw in Episode III. I don't like the way he's looking at his daughter there either...! Luke goes back to the fire thinking "who the heck was that weirdo with Yoda and Ben... he's younger than me!"
Hayden is better for Anakin for one simple reason, he was Anakin. Never was Anakin a "kindly old man", he was forty five when he died! Sebastian Shaw depicted Anakin as a fat 78 year old man, which is completely inaccurate.

Anakin should have been a near middle-age man, Hayden is how he appeared in previous films, but "kindy old man" Shaw was totally off the mark and they couldn't possibly have left him in ROTJ in the DVD edits, it wouldn't make sense.

Commander Obi-Wan: So you're older than me (I'm 27) and you prefer the Special Editions to the originals. Did you actually see the originals first?

Just curious. ;)
Commander Obi-Wan is 15...

Great Scott!
09-12-2006, 07:25 AM
Once again, well said MachineCult. My thoughts exactly.

Kurgan
09-12-2006, 10:09 PM
Of course, that's entirely Lucas's fault for wanting to set TPM 30 years before ANH with Anakin as a little kid.

Most of us conceived of Anakin was a young man in his 20's when he "turned to evil" (about Luke's age) and then the original trilogy took place about forty years later.

Anyway, had Lucas really been consistent, he should have put Hayden in "middle age makeup" instead of just showing him as a 21 year old (complete with his male model haircut) and then making up some BS about a residual self image (that meant he got to shove his youthful prettyboy looks in the faces of Obi-Wan and Yoda for all eternity or something, heh).

Commander Obi-Wan is 15...

Then I rest my case. I thought somebody said he was older, I misunderstood. ;)

Commander Obi-Wan
09-13-2006, 03:23 PM
Yes, I am indeed 15 years of age. I have yet to see the theatrical versions of the OT and I guess I was wrong to say that I prefer them just because I haven't seen them yet. But, when I do see the threatrical releases I will tell you if I prefer them more than I prefer the digitally remastered versions.

*Though, the main reason why I said I prefer the digitally remastered versions is because I like movies that are edited from the originally versions of them. Mainly because the picture is clearer and it generally makes the movie look more "realistic", if you know what I am saying.

Kurgan
09-16-2006, 04:05 AM
No problem. I was just amazed that an (apparently, mistakenly of course) older fan would prefer the new versions to the old (or not have seen the original versions!).

Each to his/her own...

Jae Onasi
09-16-2006, 11:00 PM
RotJ, hands down, because the good guys finally win. Luke finally gets to be a Jedi, Han's not a carbonite cube, the Emperor's turned into a bunch of floating electrons.
Wicket beats Jar-Jar any day, and using a stormtrooper helmet as a musical instrument at the end was very amusing.

Most of you have only seen the OT on videos/DVDs. Your longest wait between movies is the length of time it takes to pop out one DVD and put in the next.
I saw them in the theaters. You have no idea how it felt at the end of Empire to see the credits roll, leaving I don't know how many plot points hanging, and know that I had to wait 3 freakin' _years_ before I could find out what happened to Han, among other things. I don't think I ever quite forgave Lucas for doing that to me. :D

TPM duel--my favorite, too. Jedi are supposed to have worked with lightsabers for years, right? Be martial artists in that sense? The Maul vs. Obi-wan and Qui-gon was the only one that didn't scream at me 'choreography!' Ray Park's years of experience with martial arts made all the difference in the world in terms of sheer speed and skill in that fight. It didn't look like he was trying to hit their _sabers_ with his, which is a common problem in theater/film. It looked like he was trying to hit _them_ with his staff, which is what it's supposed to be. That and having grown up seeing the OT in theaters, this battle was so much faster than any I had seen in the other 3 movies that it took my breath away.

JediLandon
09-17-2006, 01:19 PM
:duel: :duel: :duel: i like them all but if i had to pick one i would pick The Empire Strikes Back :sithk: :duel:

Diego Varen
09-17-2006, 04:25 PM
Return of the Jedi, because Luke is finally a Jedi (Like Jae said), Han and Leia get together and Lando joins the Alliance. It was also the first Star Wars film I remember seeing.

Q
09-23-2006, 06:59 PM
ESB

Why?

1) Lucas, master of the English language ( :xp: ), did NOT write the screenplay for this film.

2) Lucas, master of the single take (no matter how poor that take may be!), did NOT direct this film.

3) No cheesy, cutesy teddy bears with rocks and spears triumphing over armored stormtroopers with blasters (though the AT-ST log traps and the speeder bike rope tricks were pretty cool).

4) Strangely enough, this is THE BEST film of the entire saga. Could this be because of 1, 2 & 3? NAAHH!

(Qliveur runs from infuriated rock-throwing Lucas fanboys :mob: )

BattleDamage
09-24-2006, 06:28 PM
Qliveur, must agree with u on all points, ESB hands down, except I must add that seeing the empire kick some @$$ rox my sox also :P

Emperor Devon
09-24-2006, 08:58 PM
the Emperor's turned into a bunch of floating electrons.

Or was he? Click section 1.13. ;) (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Emperor_Palpatine#Palpatine_reborn_.284_ABY.E2.80. 9311_ABY.29)

My favorite would be ESB, no questions asked. It's the darkest of the original trilogy, and it isn't mostly focused on a powerful superweapon. Having regular warships was a nice change (not to say I didn't like the Death Stars), though I would've loved it if Palpatine made some more appearances. The story felt like it was less focused on the end of the film, and the scenes with Luke and Vader were unmatched. No plot twist can match "I am your father." The Han and Leia scenes were a good touch as well, but then again, pretty much everything was. The Falcon's broken hyperdrive helped with the movie, too.

RotJ is a close second for me, though the scenes with the Ewoks were odd. Teddy bears with rocks and spears should be able to overpower the finest legion of sotrmtroopers in the whole Empire. And which had modern weapons, to boot.

Great Scott!
09-24-2006, 09:10 PM
No, no, no expanded universe crap. It completely ruins the emotion/happiness of the RotJ ending. With all these stupid Palpatine clones all over the place, and all this Palpatine not really dying crud...

Emperor Devon
09-24-2006, 11:39 PM
It completely ruins the emotion/happiness of the RotJ ending.

I'll admit that it does reduce the effect of the movies a little, though I found the Dark Empire comics to be very enjoyable. But anyway, Star Wars is just in your head. If you don't think Palpatine was resurrected, then he wasn't. :)

RaV™
09-24-2006, 11:50 PM
Well the thing that hurt me the most about EU was to find out Chewie died in the defense against the Yuuzhan Vong on the planet Sernpidal. My favorite memory was of Quinlan Vos surviving Order 66.

Emperor Devon
09-25-2006, 12:05 AM
Yes, I didn't like Chewie's death either. It's one of the reasons I don't consider the Vong "real".

We're wandering a bit off-topic, though. This is about the best movie in the original trilogy. :)

Darth Macca
10-05-2006, 03:50 AM
The Empire Strikes Back.

Luke.Skywalker
10-09-2006, 12:01 AM
I have always liked ROTJ! I remember my older brother and I acting out the Luke and Vader duel when we were little. I also liked Jabba's Palace, hereing that fat space slug laugh brings back memories...lol!

LucasForumFreak
06-16-2007, 04:48 PM
My favorite movie from the original trilogy is Episode 6: ROTJ. It's my favorite because everything is resovled and we learn who Darth Vader is (for the people who saw episodes 4-6 when they first came out!).

CLONECOMMANDER501
06-17-2007, 10:32 PM
My Favorite is AOTC, and btw RotJ was rated 26 out of the top hundred movies but Ep5 and Ep4 were like 2 or 5.

RC-1162
06-22-2007, 10:27 AM
RotJ for me. I liked the green saber :D among a LOT of other things ;).

JoeDoe 2.0
06-22-2007, 10:32 AM
ESB

Oldie but still rockin'

Sir Phobos
07-07-2007, 01:38 PM
ROTJ for me. The sarlacc pit scene and the end duel were the best in IMO.

GeneralPloKoon
08-15-2007, 01:02 AM
I like the Empire Strikes Back, Imperials on Hoth!!!!!

TripHammer
08-15-2007, 04:13 PM
I'll go with the original movie... Simply superb for it's time.

Jake Hutt
04-15-2008, 01:05 PM
Gotta say "Empire Strikes Back". My oldest memory was being 3 years old and my parents bringing me to see it in the theater.

Have loved it ever since!

Gurges-Ahter
05-13-2008, 02:07 PM
I hope this doesn't count as thread necromancy - it has been less than a month since the last post.

I chose ESB, with ANH as a close second. I was very surprised to see that ANH is well behind on the list. I didn't know so many people were RotJ fans; I thought it was generally accepted that RotJ is the weakest of the OT.

Han-Solo
05-25-2008, 07:12 PM
Star Wars: A New Hope

The_Catto
01-12-2009, 08:43 AM
I'm a bit late but oh well .. I can live with it.
ESB hands down.
Luke and Vader fight, Han getting carbonited, Luke getting his hand cut off, the big unveiling of Vader being Luke's father ... It's the greatest out of the three. No movie can match that for me.

Revan 411
02-22-2009, 02:55 AM
I'm also a bit late it seems... never noticed this topic for some odd reason...

Anyhow, my favorite movie out of the originals is Empire Strikes Back. Why? Because it delivered a great tone and theme to the trilogy, and it also had a emotional conflict between Vader and Luke. Plus, the soundtrack is great too. And a few other stuff that I could explain but I don't feel like babbling today. :p

Revan007
03-31-2009, 03:12 AM
The Empire Strkes Back wins my vote. It was so perfect, it had emotion and was powerful with such great acting and such a dark and brilliant story.

Return of the Jedi would be my favourite but the Ewoks bugged me. Without the Ewoks it was the darkest of the original trilogy and the final battle with Vader and Luke was powerful and it was so epic.

A New Hope is great as well. All three of them are perfect.

Fredi
03-31-2009, 07:14 PM
It would provably be Return of the Jedi.

CommanderQ
03-31-2009, 08:54 PM
I think Return of the Jedi was the best. Why? It was just plain AWESOME! George Lucas would agree with me..:D

SW01
04-01-2009, 06:41 AM
The Empire Strikes Back

An unpredictable (at the time :D) revelation, a very well constructed duel scene, and Imperials squashing the Rebels!

frankiben123
04-13-2009, 10:19 AM
Return of the jedai! sales tracking software (http://salestrackingsoftware.org)wrongful death lawyers (http://wrongful-deathlawyers.com)

playloud
06-04-2009, 02:27 PM
RoTJ is my favorite, because of the Vader/Anakin conflict. My only complaints about RoTJ is the reuse of the Death Star ending, and the fact that Ewoks could beat an entire legion of the Emperors best troops.

ESB was my least favorite as a kid (because it was much slower), but I have grown to appreciate it more now that I am older. It was the needed middle act, full of character development, which greatly enhanced the whole saga.

spartan181
06-08-2009, 11:30 AM
You can't go wrong with the original movie. It was also the first movie I ever saw.

Darth Zavier
06-18-2009, 08:42 PM
I like Empire the best.

DarthAwesome
06-28-2009, 11:54 PM
I'm gonna have to go with ESB, hands down. It is the pinnacle of what a Star Wars movie should be.

joesdomain
07-12-2009, 01:22 PM
I always loved Star Wars but I also loved Return of the Jedi. I cry everytime Return of the Jedi ends because I know there will be no more live action star wars movies. I cried Jabba the Hutt and Boba Fett died. I cried when Vader, Palpatine and the Empire died. I know it is fiction and a movie but star wars meant something more to me. It was always there for me when everything around me was going bad. It always made happy.

Te Je'karta Mand'alor
08-03-2009, 07:08 PM
a new hope is awsome
not debatible

noizer
10-06-2009, 07:18 AM
esb. Star Destroyers, Ground Assault, Vader choking the heck out of people, Cloud City, Boba Fett, dramatic saber duel, NEED I SAY MORE?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!

this sums it all up for me.

i like the more grim feeling of this movie.

Deadshot#1
10-06-2009, 04:27 PM
Love em' all!!! :clap2:

PoiuyWired
06-10-2010, 12:15 AM
this sums it all up for me.

i like the more grim feeling of this movie.

AND HAN SOLO USING A LIGHTSABER!!!!!!!!

kotorcommunity
07-17-2010, 02:48 PM
I loved The Empire Strikes back. :D

N-5/Prudii
07-23-2010, 07:58 PM
Empire Strikes Back.

HockeyGoalie35
08-03-2010, 11:38 AM
defenitly empire strikes back! Lovin the Battle of Hoth

Path-x
01-24-2011, 05:16 PM
I can't do this. I love them all the same. Each of them is great in its own way. :thmbup1:

Gerevick
02-14-2011, 10:35 AM
The Empire Strikes Back brings the most truth about the characters of the series to light. Han Solo, Luke, Darth Vader, these are but a few of the characters who are best defined in the original trilogy. They all force themselves to the best of their ability and make each other understand they are willing to go to any length to accomplish their goals, either through resistance or treatment.

HED
07-30-2013, 12:59 AM
Empire has been my favorite since I first watched them. Loved all three, of course.

john74
12-25-2013, 09:41 PM
1. Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
2. Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
3. Star Wars: A New Hope
Nevertheless Star Wars are the best Sci-Fi movies!

GrandMasterMarek
06-29-2014, 01:02 PM
I always liked Return of the JediMe to it was a great finale to a great story

CaptainPike
09-14-2014, 01:05 PM
Me to it was a great finale to a great story

Yep.

GrandMasterMarek
09-21-2014, 12:53 PM
Yep. I hope the next three movies will provide a equally great finale to another great saga Disney stated they would I hope they deliver 18/12/15 will give me a insight on if they can.

Alexrd
09-21-2014, 06:50 PM
LucasArts?!

GrandMasterMarek
09-24-2014, 01:35 PM
The company Disney owns!!!

Alexrd
09-24-2014, 01:41 PM
The company Disney owns!!!

That's Lucasfilm. LucasArts is just the videogame division of Lucasfilm.

GrandMasterMarek
09-29-2014, 02:32 AM
My mistake.

stargate38
10-13-2014, 06:05 PM
Definately Empire. I love the Bespin scenes.

GrandMasterMarek
10-14-2014, 02:11 AM
Definately Empire. I love the Bespin scenes.Someone has his head in the clouds.......joking