PDA

View Full Version : WIP: Hindy`s Legolas

Hindy
03-24-2003, 07:29 PM
Hi

Im currently making my first player model, which is also my first organic model as well.

The model is Legolas, to give Matt-Liells model a run for its money!!!!

I have more or less completed the head just finishing off the hair and have a basic body built with no detail.

This is a university module so hope it will be available for download within 4-5 weeks at the most...

I dont have any webspace at the mo so cant post any screens unless anyone would like to host them for the time being, ifso PM me and we ll sort something out.

Brodin
03-24-2003, 07:36 PM
Hey, you could post it on geocities, then give us a link, then we can copy and paste the link (geocities doesnt allow remote image linking)

good luck!

Hindy
03-24-2003, 07:54 PM
Im trying to sort out some space now, hopefully have some screens up tomorrow...

Hindy
03-25-2003, 07:40 AM
I have some screens for you all, let me know what ya think. I will only be making adjustments until the end of the week maybe first part of next week...

http://www.boomspeed.com/bluestix/Legolasfront01.jpg

http://www.boomspeed.com/bluestix/LegolasSide01.jpg

Matt-Liell
03-25-2003, 08:54 AM
Looks good friend!:D
But my skinning is going to make mine own!:p

Strider74205
03-25-2003, 02:29 PM
gentlemen, start your engines...

Rebel_Spy
03-25-2003, 08:28 PM
Good start, keep up the good work dude.

DarkLord60
03-25-2003, 08:38 PM
Not much too look at but its a good start.

Brodin
03-25-2003, 09:21 PM
This'll be interesting! Two legolas models, hmm, which will be better? although i do agree that both will be unique due to the way they are skinned.

ninja
03-26-2003, 05:02 AM
lol i dont think it matters which is better. i'm sure both will work hard on both models. but like "HIGHLANDER" say "there can only be one" -chomp- lol just kidding. looking forward to seeing both.

Hindy
03-26-2003, 09:17 AM
Ok folks im working on the body at the mo, i ll assign material ids and flat colour the model either tonight or tomorrow to show where im at....

1.)Which film would you like me to base Legolas on? I was leaning to TTT as Matt-Liell was using FOTR reference material

2.)Also I was planning on ditching the cape as seems like a waste of polgons which could be used to enhance detail.

Any thoughts welcomed.....

Eldritch
03-26-2003, 11:49 AM
No offense to Matt-Liell intended, but I think your model will turn out better for one simple reason... Matt's model is based off the Exar Kun model with some modifications and a different head.

As such, your model will look more proportionally correct (Legolas is very slim, and Exar Kun is just too bulky to make a convincing Legolas, even with a good skin) and the face already bares a better likeness.

chadwick359
03-26-2003, 12:05 PM
looks great dude

Hindy
03-27-2003, 01:48 PM
I ve flat coloured the head to give you a better idea of how it looks...

http://www.boomspeed.com/bluestix/Flatcolour1.jpg

I ll will attach it to the body and post some more screens later

C ya

Psyk0Sith
03-27-2003, 03:26 PM
Looks good, the forehead either needs to have edges turned or more polys added (the weird crease on each side).

You might want to add a couple lights in the scene to see how the shadows look, modelling without lights can cause a few bad surprises in-game.

Keep it up!

Hindy
03-27-2003, 06:41 PM
Hi

Here is the body flat coloured..........

http://www.boomspeed.com/bluestix/TorsoFront01.jpg

http://www.boomspeed.com/bluestix/TorsoSide01.jpg

Im almost finished with the modelling, so please give any feedback or opinions of what could be changed

Tomorrow I hope to add

Quiver, Belts and Hands

Thanx

Hindy
03-27-2003, 06:46 PM
Thanx for the advice PsykOSith, it looks a lot more even now I have turned the edges. I ll be sure to check the rest of the mesh tomorrow.

Thanx again

Brodin
03-28-2003, 04:48 PM
Ok umm. his "rear-end" sticks out, like massively way too far. Also, his calves are really rounded, and his shins bend in too much. His lower back also arches in too far. And i dont know bout the rest of you, but IMO, the head is a tad too small for his body :)

Otherwise, lookin good!

{BK}SupremePain
03-28-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Matt-Liell
Looks good friend!:D
But my skinning is going to make mine own!:p
*cough ego cough trrip cough* :p :D

i like the model the smooth change from head to hair is nice....

Eldritch
04-04-2003, 10:33 AM
What's going on with Legolas, Hindy? Haven't heard from you in a while. :p Joking, joking.

The clothes need a little more detail... wrinkles, folds, etc. Other than that, it's pretty good. Just needs some tweaking.

Hindy
04-05-2003, 01:40 PM
yeah sorry needed a break from staring at the same model. Plus the release of Cm4 was a distraction. Im currently tweaking the clothing after sorting the body shape and proportions.

I ll post some pics prob on Monday... Cheers for askin

Hindy
04-08-2003, 09:08 AM
Ok boys and girls Im almost finished here are updated pics

http://www.boomspeed.com/bluestix/newBack01.jpg

http://www.boomspeed.com/bluestix/newFront01.jpg

http://www.boomspeed.com/bluestix/newSide01.jpg

Please let me know what you all think, i.e improvements as Im gonna start putting it in game tomorrow

SettingShadow
04-08-2003, 10:32 AM
looks great, I especially like the face, it really look elvish.

Best of luck with getting it in game :)

ninja
04-08-2003, 07:17 PM
really nice indeed. i was showing your model to a friend of mine because in his younger dungions and dragons days, he always played elves. and we both think your model is pritty much almost identicle to the movie.

Hindy
04-08-2003, 07:30 PM
Many thanx ninja & Squater for your kind words. I will be putting it in game tomrrow, hopefully as I have never done it before.

Fingers crossed

Altus_Thrawn
04-08-2003, 09:46 PM
Looking very nice. I had to admit at first I thought you were not a very good modeller, but that has completely changed.

The face is excellent. My only thing is that his "rear end" still looks a little large.

ninja
04-08-2003, 10:52 PM
well come on how you gonna judge people on their modeling skills if you havent seen the finished product? i think you should be more positive. its like slapping someone in the face because you thought they were'nt cool, and then when you get to know them they are really cool. and you say sorry for slapping you lol.

Hindy
04-09-2003, 08:53 AM
Fair play, I wasn't too sure I would be able to build a model as I ve learnt the program as I ve gone along. Im only half way there though. Reading Spacemonkeys tut.... How confusing, this may take a while!

As for the rear end, its p***ed me off for ages, no matter what I do it looks massive. I cant wait to finish now so I can start on Gollum, already done my reference pics.

Eldritch
04-09-2003, 09:49 AM
His backside looks normal now, but the feet still need some work. With a good skin he's gonna look great. Have you figured out who'll be skinning it yet?
You could always ask Marz, he's one of the best around.

Hindy
04-09-2003, 10:42 AM
Skinning? yep that ll be me. Im a degree level Graphic Design student so I think this will be my strongest part of the project (hopefully!). Before that I studied fine art to A level standard so I understand form, colour theory etc. Im really looking forward to the skinning part...

Hindy
04-09-2003, 10:48 AM
With your suggestion of Marz... Im not familiar with his work as I ve not been around much before starting this project. I ll pm him once Legolas is unwrapped to c if he is interested.

It ll be nice to have a different take on the same model... I was going to focus a lot on the elven embriodary which adourns his clothing.

If anyone is interested let me know

Altus_Thrawn
04-09-2003, 08:22 PM
Erm...I did not mean to be offensive, I'm sorry if I offended you. I was trying to give constructive critism.

But lets stick to the good stuff shall we, the model is excellent!

:D

Frumpus
04-09-2003, 08:53 PM
As I PM'ed to Matt Liell, .. .

Hindy, if you need any high quality pics of Legolas, let me know - PM me.

I've been commissioned to do a 2D picture of Orlando Bloom/Legolas for my friend's boss, so I have been compilling loads of these.

Frump

gt r?
04-09-2003, 10:08 PM
wow great job Hindy ! The model is coming along nicely :)..good luck finishing it =)

Ne0|eD3N :mex1:

.:Solusar:.
04-10-2003, 12:31 AM
Ok I thought about this for a while.
i am starting to think i like this model better then liells. no offense man (opinion) anyway i like this model better because it doesn't have a cape at the end, I don't really like capes unless there very good in detail and don't reall clip. well anyway keep up the good work Hindy it look very good from what i have seen in the screenshots.:D

Hindy
04-10-2003, 01:26 PM
Ok a little update and a question

I ve just finished segging and capping Legolas which was probably the most tedious job so far.

What is the name for the cap which attaches the hip to leg?

Spacemonkey has it as

hips_cap_l_off

but is it meant to be

hips_cap_l_leg_off????

I also had to remodel the wrist sections as they so serious mesh probs I also got rid of some polys to take the count down to 2557, which isn`t too bad.

Also where do I get the root.xsi file from, assetspK0? can`t actually remember file names haven`t played JK since the summer
Thanx

Hindy
04-10-2003, 08:13 PM
Dont worry bout the root.xsi file, I got it. I actually got off my a**e and looked around.

Maybe I should have fit Legolas around the xsi before segging and capping... mmm probably in handsight, nevermind I ll know for next time!

*Hindy realises he is actually talking to himself*

I still wanna know the correct cap name in previous post. Off to bed now as Im cream crackered

Good night

Hellfire Jedi
04-10-2003, 08:51 PM
Lookin' good m8. What proggy would you happen to be using?
And when you get this in-game if you need a Beta Tester, contact me. ;)

Hindy
04-11-2003, 07:26 AM
Hellfire Jedi

For the model I used 3ds Max 4.2. I wanted to get to grips with the interface and basics before moving to Maya as I was told 3ds was easier to use.

Ninja

Cheers for pointing out the thread, as for ideas Im definately doing Gollum next, within days of completing Legolas. Following that I was going for a slave Leia but the Guver looks pretty cool so I may go with that.

Expect a early May release for Legolas
Im pencilling Gollum for early June.....

LITE Jedi
04-11-2003, 07:56 PM
Looks very very nice!

Crowy
04-11-2003, 09:58 PM
looks real good, but the ears arent pointed enough... htey look to human!

Hindy
04-12-2003, 03:21 PM
Ok i imported the Kyle root.xsi, I selected bones in the drop down menu and hid them. I hit H and deleted everthing accept bolts, mesh_root, model_root, skeleton_root and stupid triangle (if I dont need any of those please say so!). Ok with me so far? When I unhid the bones there were no leg bones!

My question is, is this normal and what the heck are the bones in the red box for??????

http://www.boomspeed.com/bluestix/skeleton.jpg

*I also posted this in general editing so if you may have answered there thanx*

*Yup its been answered thanx PsykoSith*

Higginson
04-12-2003, 03:45 PM
Lookin real good hindy, cant wait for it.
*adds to 'files to get list'*
Plo Koon
Saesee Tiin
Forcemod 2
Hindy's Legolas

Done :D

04-12-2003, 03:53 PM
heres my file higg..
Plo Koon
Saesee Tiin
Quinlan Vos
Shaak Ti
Hiny's or Mat Liell or Both Legolas model
Mon calamari female jedi pack
and more to come :D

Hindy
04-12-2003, 06:51 PM
Ok folks thought I`d let ya know where Im at... Well Im at the same stage I was at on Thursday, Doh!, but this time I have positioned the mesh around the skeleton, hooray, so I will sort the tags etc hopefully tomorrow after work.

Here is a pic of Legolas in his new pose, Im tweaking him as I go. Note I have swapped his hands with hands from the root.xsi. Mainly because the weapon tags and bones...

http://www.boomspeed.com/bluestix/Legolas_capped_segged.jpg

Also Im looking forward to the eventual release of the Lion-O model!Its looking good I think you`ll agree

Higginson
04-12-2003, 07:09 PM
Hindy? arent his feet a bit...........flat? no offence, coz i cant do any better, but they look like they've bin run over. just tryin to help with this, not meaning to offend u or anything.

Hindy
04-12-2003, 07:15 PM
No offence taken, by all means voice your opinions, i welcome it. I suppose I was trying to get across the idea Legolas doesn`t actually wear boots (its referred to in FOTR, Frodo notices it or something) so I delibratelymade them flatter. Yeah I agree they look kinda crappy I ll rework them.

Cheers

Higginson
04-12-2003, 07:45 PM
Glad to hav helped Hindy, im happy u didnt take it as an offence :D

Hindy
04-14-2003, 11:14 AM
With help from PsykOSith who has answered all my questions with the root.xsi and tags, Im about to embark on weighting the mesh. This could take some time but hope to have it in game by end of week.

Hopefully...

Hindy
04-17-2003, 08:18 AM
Ok a little update....

I have finished the hierarchy and weighting and at present I m unwrapping the model. Hope to have the model unwrapped by end of the weekend leaving next week to skin...

I have a thread in General Editing where Im posting my UV mapping questions. Check out the link and leave any response you may have...

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=97445

Rebel_Spy
04-17-2003, 03:12 PM
I think that you should do the uvw mapping before the weighting. I read that some time ago on another thread, but i'm not so sure if that is true.

Hindy
04-17-2003, 06:53 PM
Dunno, I just followed the order of things in Spacemonkey`s tut...
Otherwise I haven`t heard anything else

04-18-2003, 02:53 PM
Wow this model looks pretty darn good. I like it. I can't wait to see this one in games. Keep up with the good work! and good luck with what your doing!

SkiTzoGuy
04-18-2003, 06:42 PM
Wow I like this model, I can't wait till this one comes out.. Do you have any plans on making a Gimli? If so that would be very cool. Good Work. Keep it up.

Higginson
04-18-2003, 07:42 PM
I think Hansmoleman was doing a gimli model, but i havent seen or heard anything about that in a while. and also..... GJ HINDY!

Hindy
04-18-2003, 08:48 PM
CyBerNetiX: Thanx, getting a bit bogged down with unwrapping it at the mo as Ive never done it before. Hopefully Psynex` tut he is producing will help. I like his work and is very helpful in the General Editing section as is PsykOSith (always answering my Q's)

Higginson: Thanx as always...

SkiTzoGuy: Gimli, no plans for him... sorry but Gollum OH YES!!!. I loved Gollum in the books and even more so after Two Towers. Its so cool when he is speaking to himself whilst Frodo & Sam are sleeping.

The Gimli model looked almost complete last time I saw it... Forget the guys name but he had pics of it on his site with a young Anakin model

04-18-2003, 09:57 PM
This is your first model? wow that is very good for a beginner, Look very good. Um just to let you know in advance, i think legolas had a darker color green on his cloak, But its your model you can do whatever you want with it. Im just saying what i remember.

Hindy
04-20-2003, 12:11 PM
CyBerNetiX: Yep first model, as for the colours I had just assigned flat base colours quickly to show where the model was heading but as yet I haven't done any solid textures as I ve gotta unwrap the whole model. Matt-Liell did the same thing as its easier to look at and distinguish different parts with a bit of colour than a single colour.

Plus I reworked the arm and knee sections on friday to match the root.xsi more closely. I also optimized the whole model slightly to get it below 2,500 poly mark.

04-21-2003, 11:37 PM
sounds like a lot of work left to do, anyway ill leave you to do that stuff while i watch this model in the making, Good luck and keep up with the good work!. And i am very anxious when this model comes out.:D

Hindy
04-22-2003, 09:28 AM
Not really that much to do... I hope to finish unwrapping today, maybe tomorrow and then I ll start skinning then release it.

Could be out as early as end of next week!

Hindy
04-22-2003, 09:30 AM
Not really that much to do... I hope to finish unwrapping today, maybe tomorrow and then I ll start skinning then release it.

Hindy
04-22-2003, 09:30 AM

*Oops!!!!! Must have hit the post reply button twice... Noticed CyberNetiX did it on another thread.*

Hindy
04-22-2003, 06:01 PM
Having a bit of trouble with my Planar mapping at the mo, I have posted a thread on general editing with my question (link below)

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=97881

Sooner it is answered the sooner I can finish mapping the model and release it so please answer if you can...

Cheers

Hindy
04-25-2003, 10:09 AM
Ok I may be talking to myself but if anyone is interested, I have some bad news...

On the previous post I stated that I was having trouble with my Planar map. Well PsykOSith looked over my mesh and said all the pivot points for every part of the mesh were messed up...

I now have to patch a model together... More or less from scratch.

Pnut_Man
04-25-2003, 10:49 AM
Don't worry, you're not talking to yourself ;)

And that is unfortunate news, hopefully you can get it done as soon as possible.

Hindy
04-26-2003, 04:47 PM
Ok the problem is now sorted! just gotta unwrap Legolas again. Well I did unwrap him today but Psynex has sent word that his Tut on unwrapping is almost done and he is gonna send me a copy....

Hooray!!!!!!!!

Cheers Psynex

Pnut_Man
04-27-2003, 12:17 AM
Great news! Good luck with redoing the unwrapping again -_-'

Hindy
04-28-2003, 02:30 PM
Ok Im gonna be skinning for the rest of the week...

I ve just been messing around with different techniques with tuts off the web.

Here is a quick head skin (literally 25 mins), nowhere near finished just thought I would make a quick post after all the troubles of last week.

test skin (http://www.boomspeed.com/bluestix/Legolas_testFace.jpg)

C ya

SettingShadow
04-28-2003, 03:29 PM
Not bad, not bad, Nub... Legolas, eh? :D

Looks good, though the lips.... no comment.. :p :)

Hindy
05-04-2003, 09:10 PM
Hi all,

A little update to let ya know where Im at with regards to skinning. The body is almost complete just got lighten the colours slightly as the Adobe Gammar on the pc I was using is up the creek.

My pc crashes everytime I plug in my graphic tablet which is pretty annoying and slows me down having to transport between two computers.

Also a couple of seams to sort other than that its just the head to finish

Hindy
05-07-2003, 05:32 PM
Ok this has taken longer than expected but Im almost done skinning the body.... Just refining it slightly before moving onto the head.

Skin (http://www.boomspeed.com/bluestix/texture01.jpg)

Hindy
05-07-2003, 05:38 PM
Oops... Forgot to post the close ups! Here are some closeups of the elven embriodery. I think its pretty accurate as I took quite some drawing it out.

*I ve lightened the colours so the embroidery is more noticeable*

Embroid01 (http://www.boomspeed.com/bluestix/texture02.jpg)
Embroid02 (http://www.boomspeed.com/bluestix/texture03.jpg)
Embroid (http://www.boomspeed.com/bluestix/texture04.jpg)
Embroid04 (http://www.boomspeed.com/bluestix/texture05.jpg)

Let me know what you think with regards to colours etc...

Thanx

BongoBob
05-08-2003, 12:55 AM
VERY, VERY GOOD. :D Finally, someone is skinning my favorite character from LotR and will start soon(Hopefully) on my other favorite character from LotR. Good luck on getting it working right in the game.

PS:Are you putting him in MP or SP form???
PPS:If you want to, I'll beta test him in SP
PPPS:Thnx for answering all my questions, it's hard to put up with a nOOb, so major thnx! :D

BongoBob
05-08-2003, 01:11 AM
I just had an Idea. :confused: Is there any one that would do a saber mod that looked like one of those bad knives he uses in the movie.My other idea sounds pretty impossible:turn the wookie bowcaster into his bow and arrows. Just think, a hella good legolas model with his knife and even his bow and arrows...

Hindy
05-08-2003, 08:10 AM
Scouttrooper: Thanx, I haven't touched the skin colour yet as Im gonna do the head today. As for the wrinkles there are more in there but maybe to subtle so I will experiment with the contrast.

BongoBob: Thanx, no not a prob being a nOOb I appreciate the interest and feedback. Check frequently as I try to post regular updates. As for your questions...

1. To start with Legolas will be MP as it a university module so may not have time to do SP as well but he will be in SP maybe for the 1.0 release

2. As for testing it ll be a Beta release anyway so I can get as much feedback as possible.

3. No probs, Thanx for taking an interest

4. Dunno and a bit out of my league.

kerocool
05-08-2003, 04:33 PM
How many percent finished are u?

Hindy
05-08-2003, 05:18 PM
Kerocool: If you mean skinning, well...

Body (torso, hips, arms, legs & hands) 90% finished, gotta whack skin texture on hands and tweak the body. By adding a few more creases here and there and sorting the contrast.

Head is probably 50%, the face is getting there. The face has some things I wanna change ( i ll post pics soon). I ve gotta reunwrap the hair as i did it half arsed, wont take long. Then texture hair... been experimenting with hair sort of got a technique now.

I want to finish skinning tomorrow

*Hindy sets himself a strict deadline!*

Hindy
05-08-2003, 05:25 PM
Here are some head WIP skins. I mentioned in previous post Im gonna re-unwrap the hair cos it looked cack from the front but spot on from the side.

Legolas1 (http://www.boomspeed.com/bluestix/Legolas_tex01.jpg)

Legolas2 (http://www.boomspeed.com/bluestix/Legolas_tex02.jpg)

I need to tone down the lips, maybe make slightly bigger. Tweak the brows as they appear too ridged and redo the hair.

Is it me or does he look a tad sad?

Let me know what you think

Cheers

ObiKast
05-08-2003, 06:35 PM
Great work, you are a telent

Higginson
05-08-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Hindy
Im gonna re-unwrap the hair cos it looked cack from the front

LMAO!! i love the word cack, just makes me crack up. this model and skin is coming along very nicely, good job hindy, cant wait for the release.

Dante Alastor
05-09-2003, 03:26 AM
this model is sweet hindy!!! now all we need is an aragorn and a gimli model so we can recreate helms deep!!!

keep up the good work dude:D

Hindy
05-09-2003, 07:38 AM
Cheers boys, I hope to post pics of finished skin tonight between 23.00 & 0:00 GMT

At last!, I got my glowing name.... Went for green, fave saber colour

Dark Moon
05-09-2003, 05:26 PM
Nice!! More LOTR models!

Dark Moon
05-09-2003, 05:27 PM
Nice! More LOTR models!

EDIT: Sorry for the double post! :(

gt r?
05-09-2003, 06:55 PM
Dude you can delete your post.....click edit and check the box Delete then press the button Delete....

Anyway nice going Hindy its getting great! It looks Cartoonish the colors so try to put more effect on the cloths and stuff.

Ne0|eD3N:mex2:

flick_strife
05-09-2003, 07:48 PM
Soooo nice made Hindy!!! this really rocks!!
And for a first time organic modeller i respect u very much!!

Hindy
05-09-2003, 09:43 PM
Ok im finished skinnind for now anyway... I have to finish this by next wed at the latest so Im gonna get it in game then reskin it.

Well here it is

Legolas01 (http://www.boomspeed.com/bluestix/Legolas1.jpg)

Legolas02 (http://www.boomspeed.com/bluestix/Legolas2.jpg)

Ignore the colour differences and seams thats just where the model is segmented.

*Where im at now, weighting the mesh with just the torso and head to go*

Hindy
05-09-2003, 09:51 PM
Ok what I m gonna redo or keep...

Im pleased with (therefore keeping)...

Boots, Legs, Wrist things, Face (although may work into more), Embroidery (took ages drawing, but its worth it) and Arms.

What i will reskin....

Hair ( it has detail but the tones r too close 2 each other)
Tunic (Looks to flat coloured)
Body (Same as above)
Quiver (gotta add embroidery but may be left out all together)
Clean up seams...

Dante Alastor
05-10-2003, 05:53 AM
allright!!!! just take your time hindy, because you know what your doing, and if you pay attention to what your doing, this model will go from being awsome to extravagent!!!:D

Hindy
05-13-2003, 08:16 AM
Ok a little update.

I successfully compiled my Legolas.glm last night and at present I am attemting to get the skins on him.

PsykOSith is also having a go for me in case I couldn't do it. So it shouldn't be too long now

Hindy
05-13-2003, 10:27 AM
Ok I got the skins on the model and its plain to see where they could be improved!

I have some issues with clipping and a floating hand so I have a thread on General Editing in which I have some questions regarding the problems.

It has some pics too!!!!

thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=99400)

Kevlar
05-14-2003, 05:23 PM
Keep up the good work, Hindy!!

Hindy
05-14-2003, 09:01 PM
Ok boys & girls... I couldn't access the forum earlier, which was a pain as I wanted to tell ya its more or less finished.

I ve been playing with it all afternoon! Marveling at my creation...

I even reskinned him last night and this morn, want some pics? Here you go...

Reskin01 (http://www.boomspeed.com/bluestix/Reskin.jpg)

Reskin02 (http://www.boomspeed.com/bluestix/reskin02.jpg)

*Note since this morn I have also adjusted the skin tone, so its not so yellow*

Dante Alastor
05-14-2003, 10:11 PM
omg!!!!!

i cant believe that you can take an allready awsome model, and make it even better!!! this is a supreme job, i cant wait until you release it!!!:D

Pnut_Man
05-15-2003, 09:43 AM
Perfect job with the reskin.

Hindy
05-15-2003, 02:26 PM
Ok peeps, I just submitted the file to JK2 files so it should be available soon. In the meantime here is a screen of Legolas in helms deep to wet your appetite.

Screen (http://www.boomspeed.com/bluestix/screenshot01.jpg)

Please forgive the low quality jpeg. So as far as im concerned its released... Im gonna have a break now

Bye

SettingShadow
05-15-2003, 06:28 PM
Looks great, Hindy. :thmbup1: Very good likeness, and I love the skin. What more can I say... :D

Psyk0Sith
05-15-2003, 10:30 PM
Yep, excellent job indeed!

Hindy
05-16-2003, 11:47 AM
Thanx to everyone who has been interested in this thread as it has kept me motivated over the past weeks.

Also I want like to thank PsykOSith for all his and support over on general editing when I ran in troubles.

Overall this project has ran pretty smoothly and 3ds max was surprisingly easy to get to grips with. Where does Hindy go from here? I hear u ask (or maybe not!)... Well i hope to start my new project on 22/05, Im torn between making LOTR TTT Gollum or Futurama Bender.

I really got the urge to model Bender last week when I was watchin Futurama :D

The Last Jedi
05-20-2003, 05:19 PM
JK II needs a good Lord of the Rings model. Way to go picking Legalos. Bow would be cool but difficult.

The Last Jedi
05-20-2003, 05:19 PM
Just an elf one would be great. Anything to make JK II better. Good Luck.