PDA

View Full Version : NPC_kyle won't walk

master_thomas
03-24-2003, 10:30 PM
I made an NPC_kyle for a cutscene and put the following in my script:

affect ( "kyle_cutscene1", /*@AFFECT_TYPE*/ FLUSH )
{
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_WEAPON", /*@WEAPON_NAMES*/ "WP_NONE" );
//$"walkOnly"@5
set ( /*!*/ "SET_BEHAVIOR_STATE", /*!*/ "BS_DEFAULT" );
set ( /*!*/ "SET_WALKING", /*!*/ "true" );
set ( /*!*/ "SET_RUNNING", /*!*/ "false" );
set ( /*!*/ "SET_IGNOREALERTS", /*!*/ "true" );
set ( /*!*/ "SET_LOOK_FOR_ENEMIES", /*!*/ "false" );

task ( "walktojan" )
{
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_NAVGOAL", "kyle_walk1" );
}

dowait ( "walktojan" );
}

To the NPC_kyle, I've this with the cutscene flag checked and unchecked and he just stands there with a rifle.

What did I do wrong?

lassev
03-25-2003, 01:46 AM
Well, you script sets him to be in bs_default, no matter if you check the cinematic flag in Radiant or not. Normally you might want to have him to be in a cinematic bs_state, because that would eliminate any possibilities of bizarre behavior in odd circumstances, let's say if some enemy was still lurking in some dark corner.

Also check your NPC_targetname. And check that the script is actually launched ever (with a correct path). And remember if you use the cinematic behavior state, you must apply the walking / running animation manually: set_walking(true) has no effect what-so-ever.

Kengo
03-25-2003, 04:31 AM
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_WEAPON", /*@WEAPON_NAMES*/ "WP_NONE" );

affect ( "kyle_cutscene1", /*@AFFECT_TYPE*/ FLUSH )
{

task ( "walktojan" )
{
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_BEHAVIOR_STATE", /*@BSTATE_STRINGS*/ "BS_CINEMATIC" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_WALKING", /*@BOOL_TYPES*/ "true" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_NAVGOAL", "kyle_walk1" );
}

dowait ( "walktojan" );
}

Hmmm, you might want to put that wp_none command inside the affect, but possibly it will work better if tried outside the affect, not sure....

Make sure as Lassev says that the NPC_Targetname in Radiant is right: kyle_cutscene1
Also the navgoal itself needs a targetname: walktojan

I think those commands will do what you want...an npc in bs_cinematic automatically ignores enemies, doesn't look for them.

Leslie Judge
03-25-2003, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Kengo
Also the navgoal itself needs a targetname: walktojanDon't believe to Kengo! :D Targetname of the navgoal has to be "kyle_walk1". As it is probably.

Kengo
03-26-2003, 06:44 PM
Oh man, thanks for picking that one up Leslie...I seem to be making errors a plenty of late. Well, I'm just gonna sleep a lot for a while. Wake me in the summer.

master_thomas
03-26-2003, 10:30 PM
The NPC_kyle changes his weapon to match the player's. I know this because I have used npc spawn kyle and he stands there doing nothing until you change your weapon or use a script. (he does block). Does the NPC_kyle have any default AI that will bring him out of cinematic mode? A battle seen with kyle could be interesting or do I have to make a new NPC?

Anyway, the reason I was confused is that I had both kyle and jan doing similar things(walking and performing animations), but Jan almost did it perfectly, but started to move around part of the way through the anim.

Kengo. I feel like sleeping for a while too. Read my post in my showcase thread. Luckily, it is 10:30 and I'm going to bed after I view the forums.

lassev
03-27-2003, 01:55 AM
Does the NPC_kyle have any default AI that will bring him out of cinematic mode
Well, to be exact, no AI will bring NPCs out of a cinematic mode. Cinematic mode is defined as being a mode without any AI. If you set NPC_kyle to bs_default you should indeed see some action, at least if there's an enemy present. However, as you stated yourself, NPC_kyle has always the same weapon in use as does the player. Maybe the AI requires the light saber to work efficiently.

A battle between a reborn and NPC_kyle is easy, however a battle between a jedi and NPC_kyle is a bit more tricky. Bell mastered also that; I've only tried it unsuccesfully, but then, it wasn't for my own purposes. For me, it was enough to get two grans fight each other. And fight they will.