PDA

View Full Version : What are points?

Sifo_Dyas_03
03-26-2003, 05:50 AM
Hi All,
This question may have already been answered, but I'm asking it now! :)

What exactly are the points for and how do you earn them? I have seen users who have been registered for longer than I have, posted more messages, and yet have fewer points.

Can anyone explain? :c3po3:

Lynk Former
03-26-2003, 06:03 AM
Go here: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89182

That topic will answer your question and more

swphreak
03-26-2003, 04:19 PM
I also made a quick and crappy FAQ because I got annoyed by these questions

CLICK HERE! (www.angelfire.com/theforce/phreak/index.html)

Sifo_Dyas_03
03-26-2003, 08:21 PM
Well I hope I didn't annoy you with my question, but thanks for answering it anyway!

Lynk Former
03-27-2003, 01:51 AM
Don't worry Sifo_Dyas_03. Phreak is just the n00b who thinks he owns the place... he's actually a nobody

swphreak
03-27-2003, 06:49 AM
How do you know I don't own the place? muwahahaha.

Actually back when I joined (Yea, that was a loong time ago :rolleyes: ) I guess the point system was just put on the forums and everyone was making threads about points, and then people make more threads aboutpoints before using that helpful search thingy at the bottom of the forums. Gets kinda tiring. Like all the Iraq threads

ZBomber
03-27-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak
How do you know I don't own the place? muwahahaha.

Actually back when I joined (Yea, that was a loong time ago :rolleyes: ) I guess the point system was just put on the forums and everyone was making threads about points, and then people make more threads aboutpoints before using that helpful search thingy at the bottom of the forums. Gets kinda tiring. Like all the Iraq threads

Don't worry phreak, Lynk is just a noob.... who has been here since.... 19...99... :confused: Ok, Nevermind :p

swphreak
03-27-2003, 11:08 AM
It's not rocket science. Why can't they figure it out? I figured it out without making a thread.

Wraith 8
03-27-2003, 11:46 AM
I do agree with you on the iraq thing..one thread IS enough.. or at least one per off topic forum.

about questions.. they cant be enough.
questions will give the admins a view on what cane be better and what needs to be changed or moved.

and if you dont like these kind of threads... JUST IGNORE THEM!

i had about.. oh..... 5000 'how can i be a jedi?' on the SWG forums... i answered them all with patience.... well except when before i was a mod :p.... but you get my drift i think.

my 2 cents

-Wraith 8-

swphreak
03-27-2003, 12:02 PM
oh I just freak out over simple things. Like on the official SWG boards, all the retards that say "first" i would always go crazy and call them morons and stuff.... I'll probably be nicer since I made my lil FAQ and won't have to say anything, but just post a link to it.

Wraith 8
03-27-2003, 05:29 PM
oh I just freak out over simple things. Like on the official SWG boards, all the retards that say "first" i would always go crazy and call them morons and stuff.... I'll probably be nicer since I made my lil FAQ and won't have to say anything, but just post a link to it. yeah i find those people extremely anoying too.. but that is more a spamming problem..... and questions are not spamming :D well.. good questions arent :p

Sifo_Dyas_03
03-27-2003, 06:26 PM
It's not rocket science. Why can't they figure it out? I figured it out without making a thread.

Listen Kiddo, I congratulate you on figuring out the points system without asking a quesiton, but I didn't. I can guarantee that there are many things that I could figure out that you couldn't - I am a law student, and older than you are. Don't bring anyone down or get annoyed when they asked questions. The wise man will ask if he doesn't know. The fool will not. Damn, I thought I was doing well not finding any annoying, jumped up little geeks on these forums. What a pity.

Lynk Former
03-28-2003, 04:43 AM
See a lot of your guys have to learn tolerance for these kinds of things

Rogue Nine
03-28-2003, 05:41 AM
Ooh, that's cold. Real cold. But one should take heed of his words. It's not nice to jump new people and insult their intelligence.

Mex
03-28-2003, 02:26 PM
Oh well isnt this lovely?

Please close this.

ZBomber
03-28-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Captain wing

Please close this.

If Niner wanted it closed, I think he would of. ;)

Acrylic
03-28-2003, 04:30 PM
Yea...agrees.

Originally posted by Captain wing

Please close this.

Who are you to tell us what to do? Huh? HUh? HUH???????!

j/k :p

Rogue Nine
03-28-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by ZBomber
If Niner wanted it closed, I think he would of. ;)

I would have.

ZBomber
03-28-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Rogue Nine
I would have.

Pft... let me talk my own little "lingo". :D

The Truthful Liar
03-29-2003, 12:47 AM
Welcome to the forums. :cool:

Lynk Former
03-29-2003, 01:03 AM
...yeah welcome... after a soured entrance >< meh