View Full Version : Help with making skins for a model
03-27-2003, 04:34 AM
I'm trying to find help. I'm needing a basic cool model that has a default skin...but where I can edit that model's skin for my own personal...touch...if you will. I'll probably give it out to the clan so everyone in the clan can see it. How can I go along doing this? I had a basic model and edited the skin files...but in-game...the texture of the skin was the default "no skin found" white lines.
Help out a fellow Jedi?
03-27-2003, 02:34 PM
Let's see if I can help.
I'll go through the way I do and and maybe that will shed some light on what your problem is. Some of it you'll no doubt already know. Okay, here we go:
1. Decide what model and skin you are going to alter. Extract it from the .pk3, and this should give you a models/players/<modelname> directory.
2. Change the directory name to models/players/<your new name>.
3. Open the .skin file in that directory and change all the references to the old directory to the new directory. This could be where your problem is coming from
4. Using Paintshop Pro or whatever, alter the texture files you need to.
5. Put everything in a .pk3 and put it in your base directory.
That should be it. Does that narrow down the problem at all?
03-28-2003, 12:20 AM
I did all of that...still nothing. I'm probably just missing a little minor thing or something. I'll try again, thanks :)
03-28-2003, 12:47 PM
Sorry I couldn't be more help. Good luck figuring it out :)
04-06-2003, 09:20 AM
http://www.theforce.net/games/jo/skinning.shtml - Here ya go.
vBulletin®, Copyright ©2000-2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.