PDA

View Full Version : MP - Sounds - Footsteps

Gruusk [JJM]
03-29-2003, 06:10 PM
Does anyone know if it's possible to change the sounds of footsteps? (multiplayer)

I tried adding new sounds, and referring to them in the "Animsounds.cfg" file. i compressed in right .wav or .mp3 format, but still no luck. i was able to change the sounds tho, by overwriting all of them. (the boot1; boot2; etc files in assets0.pk3/sounds/player/...) but unfortunatly every skin/model used those sounds... that is not my intention. i want a specific skin/model to use the footstep sounds i want.
It's like the game is ignoring the "animsounds.cfg" file i altered for a specific skin. (and since every skin has it's own animsounds.cfg file, i thought it could work)

if anyone has more information about this, or a link. you'd be a great help.

Dark Reaper
03-30-2003, 05:17 AM
I think it has soimething to do with the sdk, that's why it ignores this stuff

Gruusk [JJM]
03-30-2003, 05:43 AM
but is it possible?
btw what does sdk stand for :s :)

thx for help

Dark Reaper
03-30-2003, 06:05 AM
hmm.. i think its possible, it only requires some coding in the sdk.

the sourcecode is... ehm.. its the code that tells the game what to do and stuff, I'm sorry but I don't really know how to explain what the sourcecode is

Gruusk [JJM]
03-30-2003, 09:58 AM
i understand, thx
if i edited the sourcecode? would everybody be able to hear the different footsteps by only installing the skin/model itself.
I mean, if i altered it, would i be creating a mod, or just another file i add in a folder in my skin.pk3?

btw, if anyone knows more about editing source code...

razorace
03-30-2003, 10:12 PM
I think Animsounds.cfg only applies for SP. The easiest way to replace the footstep sound is to simply replace the file with whatever you want to play instead.

Gruusk [JJM]
03-31-2003, 12:48 AM
yeh, i know that. but that will change the footstep sound for every skin and model ingame.
For example if i wanted to make a new Hutt skin, and change the sound of the "footstep", i would have to use some kinda slimy sound. IF i just replaced the boot sound files in the assets pack, i'd change all the sounds, also making kyle, luke, reborn,etc use those slimy sounds, and that's just crazy

razorace
03-31-2003, 01:14 AM
I don't think that's possible. There's no customizable permodel footstep support as far as I know.

Gruusk [JJM]
04-01-2003, 10:45 AM
yeh, that's what i thought.

I can't believe Raven forgot about this tho... (if it's true)I mean, ye could've of known that lotsa starwars fans were gonna make new yoda, hutt, etc -models.

If anyone does kno more about, or thinks it is possible. plz share. I hope this thread is not dead yet.

razorace
04-01-2003, 04:46 PM
Well, you gotta realize that Raven "forgot" a lot of things to get JK2 out on time.