PDA

View Full Version : Problems with custom textures

Silas_Kar
03-29-2003, 08:44 PM
Ok so I made a new folder in the /base/textures directory, and made some custom textures and made the image size 512x512 pixels and then saved them as a new name.jpg then I go into radiant and there they are! But then I texture the walls/floor/etc...
and then I compile the map and go check them out, I go into my game type in the devmap thingy and I go into my map, and my textures arn't there! They are just Grey Squares and White lines! What did I do wrong?

Leslie Judge
03-29-2003, 10:01 PM
Take a look at your original thread!

Silas_Kar
03-29-2003, 10:09 PM
Ok thanks!

Silas_Kar
03-31-2003, 09:15 PM
Ok, that sv_pure 0 worked, I packed my textures up into a .pk3 files, and it works still, then I released a beta of my map to a freind (BTW when i packed the map up into the pk3 file I made sure I added the textures i used) and joined his server and then my textures didn't show up! Now what is the problem? Do I have to add all the textures from my texture folder or just the ones I used in the map?

Leslie Judge
04-01-2003, 02:39 PM
Hmm...

You have to pack up only the custom textures you used in the map. Sometimes this happened to me and Evader when we were testing his map. I had to start an unpure server. But theoretically if you pack up every custom texture / sound / etc. and your bsp file into a pk3 when trying it out online then it has to work.

Silas_Kar
04-01-2003, 10:55 PM
Do you think it doesn't work because the texture folder name wasn't the same as my .bsp file? Like this: /maps/map.bsp
/textures/-={map}=- does the texture path have to be the same as the .bsp?

Leslie Judge
04-02-2003, 04:42 PM
No. They can be different. I think for testing online it is not enough to pack up the textures only, but pack up the bsp too. I'm not sure. :)