PDA

View Full Version : Switches Please!

shukrallah
03-31-2003, 07:25 PM
For my map, i put in a switch...and a door that looks like a big rock.....it worked fine in single player (i pressed the switch and the rock moved over) but since it is a MP map, i tested everything out in MP, and it didnt work :( ill list the commands and stuff here:

I have a trigger_multiple:
spawnflags
7 (PLAYERONLY, FACING, USE_BUTTON)
target
t2

I have an fun_usable

no extra stuff

I have a door (in the shape of a rock)

angle 180
soundset large_door
speed 50
targetname t2
wait 2

everything worked perfect in SP, but now nothing happens in MP, the button moves in, but the door doesnt move! can anyone explain what is wrong? Thanks in advanced! :)

-lukeskywalker1

:fett:

Leslie Judge
04-01-2003, 03:32 PM
I miss a wait value for the trigger. Give it at least 1, but 2 would be better, because the door has 2.

shukrallah
04-01-2003, 04:32 PM
oh yeah, i forgot to list that...lol....

but it just didnt do anything...it was perfect in SP, but in MP it does nothing...the button just sort of disappears....:( is there anything different u have to do for Mp, that u dont do in SP? im going to recompile the map in a minute so ill find out if it doesnt work still.

Silas_Kar
04-01-2003, 11:50 PM
This is what I did: Put a brush on the wall texture it with a button texture (I didn't do that func_usable thing) Then i loaded up the system textures and scrolled down to the Trigger texture and then i made a pretty good sized brush in front of the button texture, then I right click on the 2D grid and select Trigger_Multible (With the Trigger brush selected) And then I press N and press the angle to make it facing the wall, then I check the Use Button box, then I Select the Door and then I CTRL+K them together and Viola I think that should work!
Hope this helps!

shukrallah
04-02-2003, 05:36 PM
thanks dude, ill try it out in a min! :)