PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

Com Raven
03-29-2003, 08:47 AM
I just went to grab my mail, and what did I see on the newest issue of Gamestar?

World Exclusive: Jedi Knight 3 Revealed

Just a few facts before I go to read it all:

-No Kyle, you can choose between several of his students to play [among them a Twi'lek]
-Non-linear levels
-bigger battles [several screenies where 6-7 jedi let it loose]
-FALL 2003 RELEASE!!!!

Taos
03-29-2003, 09:43 AM
Wow, so this is legitimate huh? I'm a little surprised it's coming out this soon after Jk2.....but still happy. :)

Do you really think that it will come out this fall as suggested? I have a hard time believing that one......

I do like the sound of different characters to choose from and I'm glad that Kyle is gone......there needed to be something different IMO.

Com Raven
03-29-2003, 10:03 AM
It uses the final iteration of the Quake 3 TA engine, so they were able to start with contents right away...

So, coming one and a half year after JK II sounds reasonable...

Oh yeah, btw: Dual-Sabers anyone? :)

Lynk Former
03-29-2003, 11:27 AM
*stamps his foot and crosses his arms whining* no! I wanna Rogue Squadron 3!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

dbzmarc
03-29-2003, 12:26 PM
http://www.gamestar.de/images/magazin/popup-bilder/052003_b.jpg

:D

Com Raven
03-29-2003, 12:55 PM
Rogue Leader II: Rogue Squadron III will be revealed this month in Electronic Gaming Monthly...

Lynk Former
03-29-2003, 12:57 PM
Yeah I already know about the announcment of RS3... but I want it NOW *cries*

Com Raven
03-29-2003, 12:58 PM
watch jediknightii.net for a detailed write-up of the article by me that will be released soon :)

dbzmarc
03-29-2003, 01:24 PM
And if you're lazy :P

Jedi Knight III Revealed
Developer: Raven Software
Publisher: LucasArts/ Activision
Release: Fall 2003

You know those moments when a simple day is turned into pure excitement? That about sums up my feelings when I went to the mailbox today to grab my issue of Gamestar, Germany’s Number One gaming mag. So I take a look at the cover to see a female Twi’lek wielding two lightsabers! “What the hell” was naturally my first thought before I see the words next to it: Jedi Knight III Revealed. World Exclusive.

So, where to start?
Right, with the story. At the end of Jedi Knight II, Kyle saves Jan from Desann’s claws, and the galaxy from the Doomgiver. Six years later: Kyle is now an instructor at Luke Skywalker’s famous Jedi Academy. Thus, for the first time in the Dark Forces series, you don’t play as Kyle Katarn! Instead, you create a character for yourself. Create? Yes, similar to a role-playing game you choose your characters gender, race (Humans and Twi’leks are confirmed so far) face, hair cut and clothing! And the customization doesn’t end there: you also choose a saber handle, colour and whether you want to use one or two sabers! Later on, you will also get a Darth Maul-style double-bladed saber.

Talking of sabers: Raven Software is trying to put a lot more emphasis on the Jedi’s favourite weapon. While there will still be conventional weapons (even more than in JK II), the current estimate says that around 70% of the game will be spent using a saber. And those 70% look spectacular for sure: according to the article, it will be quite common to face of against several Dark Jedi at once. This is where a new feature of JK III comes into play: you can now combine your force powers! For example, you can fight one enemy with one of your sabres, and at the same time throw the other saber at the next foe! Of course, Raven is adding new force powers to keep the experience fresh for us long-time fans of the series. Other than in JK II, you will now once again be able to choose what skills to advance in one of three levels. And you can choose if you want to follow the path of the light or dark side! This being more than a little touch, Raven promises that the last few levels of the 30-hour campaign will be different for the two sides; same goes for the final cutscene.

Which brings me right to the next cool new feature: missions! For the first time ever in an action-game, you will be able to choose which mission to tackle next! There will be a few key mission you have to do at a certain time, but otherwise, you are free in your decisions. Gamestar expects you to spend the time between missions in the Jedi Academy, from where you start on your missions. As I said there will be key point missions, as well as boss fights and side trek missions will allow you to improve your character, and maybe even pure vehicle missions! While JK II placed several levels in the same location, JK III will mostly be one mission in one location. These locations will be a merry mix of places from the movies, books, comics and new stuff. Examples of locales you will visit during your quest are Tatooine and Hoth (including a little ride on a Taun-Taun!)! Raven promises that the levels will often be twice the size of their JK II counterparts, and filled with life: on Tatooine, you will have to fight of Tusken Raiders, which are busy hunting Jawas (poor little guys always get beat up)!

The game will once again use a heavily-modifed Quake 3 Team Arena engine, as well as all of Raven’s own enhancements to it! Despite its Age, the screenies sure look spectacular! The multi-player part will also be enhanced, and rumours speak of vehicular combat!

And here comes the best part: According to Raven, JK III is 60% done, including story, scripts and levels. So, if everything goes well, you will be able to play it this fall!

Good job Com, nice write-up.

Com Raven
03-29-2003, 01:52 PM
Lol, thx :)

Jed
03-29-2003, 03:23 PM
Wow, so much happens these days...

I can't wait! XD

Let's hope RS3 comes out on GC too :p

ckcsaber
03-29-2003, 03:55 PM
OMG, this sounds awesome!!! You can fully customize your own character, and can choose different paths of the force!!:eek: :drop2:

Jed
03-29-2003, 04:02 PM
Paths of the force is easily my favorite part of this.

:)

Darth Simpson
03-29-2003, 06:48 PM
Spectacular! Thanks for the write-up Com, now I just want some screenshots. ;)

Toonces
03-29-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Darth Simpson
Spectacular! Thanks for the write-up Com, now I just want some screenshots. ;)

There are a few screenies in the thread below (abit a little small)

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=95808

Darklighter
03-29-2003, 08:31 PM
Yayness:D

Somehow I think the release date is gonna be pushed back from fall 2003...it seems too soon...

But still, yayness ^^

Sivy
03-29-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Darklighter
Yayness:D

couldn't of said it better myself :D

this is such the direction i hoped they would take it.. customisable characters, choice of lightsaber(s)

am i so happy i could cry :D :D

Taos
03-29-2003, 09:26 PM
I really like the sound of non-linear levels and larger battles! :D After seeing the screenies, I can't wait to play this game....it's going to be awesome! :D

So Com, do you think this is the one last go around for the Quake 3 then?

Originally posted by Darklighter

Somehow I think the release date is gonna be pushed back from fall 2003...it seems too soon...

I agree....I think it will be 2004 before we see it. *shrugs*

dark jedi 8
03-29-2003, 11:57 PM
:giggle1: :drop2: :rock:

*dies from heart attack*

:D!!!!!!!!

Darth Simpson
03-30-2003, 06:12 AM
Leemu, please keep that avatar. It's not you without it. ;)

Com Raven
03-30-2003, 06:59 AM
I see no reason why it should be pushed back...

As I said, Raven says it's 60% done, and they have 36 guys working on it...

So Fall sounds very much possible for me, especially if you count Raven's expertise with action-games and the Quake III engine in...

Taos
03-30-2003, 12:09 PM
Ok, that's good enough for me Com.....36 people working on it? I missed that part. I'm not going to question that anymore :D

Originally posted by Darth Simpson
Leemu, please keep that avatar. It's not you without it. ;)

Done! :)

I just dug it up last night. I had it saved on my old pc, not this one.....so I did a search last night for and somehow [luckily] found it. I'm not going to change for a long time. :D Thanks DS. ;)

dark jedi 8
03-30-2003, 12:47 PM
did they say what platforms it will come out on other than pc?

will it come out for x-box? cause if it don't........*

*shakes fist wieldly in air*!

Taos
03-30-2003, 12:50 PM
I don't think they've really talked about platforms........though I can't imagine it not coming out for xbox. Considering that JO is available for Xbox right now, I think we can expect to see Jk3 on it as well. :)

dark jedi 8
03-30-2003, 12:58 PM
*has mild stroke* after screaming hell yeah!!!!!:D

Com Raven
03-30-2003, 01:25 PM
I am pretty sure it will be available on Xbox in the future :)

Jedi Apprentice
03-30-2003, 11:35 PM
Holy Cow!

I leave for one weekend and they announce JK3.

The craziness...... :p

Taos
03-31-2003, 12:11 AM
See, you know what that means? You can't leave......:D

leXX
03-31-2003, 05:25 AM
I truly can't wait for this game. Damn, I'm gonna be addicted to it for another 11 months now, just like JK2.

Sivy
03-31-2003, 07:35 AM
this one's gonna be worse - customisable chararcters? just think of the replayability :D :D :D :D i'm so happy :D :D :D :D

Taos
03-31-2003, 09:54 AM
Seeing the guy from Raven post over in the Valley has definitely got me thinking how real this actually is. I just don't want to get my hopes up too high, only to have a the game pushed back.......

Man, it sounds pretty damn good though. :)

Hannibal
03-31-2003, 11:38 AM
Sounds like KOTOR might have rubbed off on JK.
They needed to fix this.
Man, I'm sick of Kyle Katarn.

Com Raven
03-31-2003, 03:22 PM
Nah, Kyle was cool in his way :)

Uber_Saber
03-31-2003, 07:37 PM
*Weeps*

Wahooo!

Jedi Apprentice
03-31-2003, 07:53 PM
I hope it differs from KoTOR besides just from being an action game though.

dark jedi 8
03-31-2003, 08:20 PM
well customizable lightsaber and character, not to mention "pick your own mission" sounds pretty damn awesome!

oh and that avatar is pretty neet, (and kickass!), Jedi Apprentice!:D

Jedi Apprentice
03-31-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by dark jedi 8
oh and that avatar is pretty neet, (and kickass!), Jedi Apprentice!:D

Thanks man. Although I am pretty peeved about the quality and it needs a background. :)

All I have to say about this game right now is it sounds like it will blow JO out of the water and i can't wait to find out more about it.

----Shouldn't a trailer be out soon seeing it's 60% done and coming out in Fall?--

dark jedi 8
03-31-2003, 10:48 PM
hopefully a new trailer will come out around summer; a way to jumpstart a new site at lucasarts.com for jkIII hopefully. assuming its real.:D

andrewx
04-01-2003, 08:59 AM
IGN.com has realeased information on jedi knight 3 which seems to be following in kotor footsteps
Some years after the conclusion of Jedi Outcast, Kyle settles down with the main force-boy, Luke, to teach other would-be light saber wielders the ways of the force. Instead of Kyle, players will take on the role of a user-created knight in training. Similar to any given RPG, gamers will be able to customize their own character, but to exactly what extent beyond appearance is unknown. Options to personalize attire, physique, the saber itself, and even species (several are planned), will be included, but how the development of force powers will ultimately be instituted remains largely unseen
Just because you're from the academy and picking force powers, doesn't mean you don't like to use the occasional pistol. The article in Gamestar notes that even more weapons than the original are being included, though the title will put a far greater emphasis on Jedi saber combat. Multiple saber variations (including two-fisted, double-edged, and possibly others) will be included. Sounds kinda familiar
Go to IGN.comto find out more

Toa Tahu
04-01-2003, 09:15 AM
I can't believe you.Give me the topic url!

Burrie
04-01-2003, 09:24 AM
You might wanna check and move this discussion to this (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=95761) link.

andrewx
04-01-2003, 09:38 AM
damn it! im always last to know!!! I found all my info at www.ign.com

Hannibal
04-01-2003, 10:37 AM
*MERGED*

Taos
04-01-2003, 10:45 AM
As cool as this game sounds etc.....IMO KOTOR still looks better and will be more fun to play. I don't if it's because I'm not 14 anymore but....I don't need to have total control with my sabers. I will sacrafice that control for an incredible story/adventure that will keep me coming back again and again. :)

Burrie
04-01-2003, 11:20 AM
To be honest, I have the same thing, Leemu. Mind you, I really enjoy playing Jedi Outcast from time to time, especially the first ladder level that was created, for the sole purpose of saberfighting. It's great entertainment, but I also keep it at that... I just fire the game up, play a round o' saber battle, then walk away.

Plus, I'm kinda dissapointed that we won't be playing Kyle Katarn at all. I really would prefer it if we'll play a few levels with Kyle(like in MotS), and then switch over to the new character that we're creating.
Actually, that's another thing that I'm a bit opposed against. It's a nice concept that we can fully create our very own character in the EU times, but really, what kind of story will this new character have? I don't really think that it will have a personality of his own... sure, you can choose the Light and the Dark Side and customise him and all that hoo-haa, but still... I always saw Dark Forces as the saga that told the story of Kyle Katarn, and to have it suddenly switch over to a different character without giving a decent send-off for Kyle is a bit of a dissapointment.
Ah well, at least Kyle will get a few appearances, I hope... in fact, he had better play a pivotal role in the storyline. (however, I can remember that one of the programmers commented that he actually wouldn't want this new Jedi Knight game to be a part of the DF series, because we are not playing Kyle at all...)

Com Raven
04-01-2003, 02:35 PM
Pessimistic posers :)

ChangKhan[RAVEN] commented on the forums just now:

"Okay, well, first off, if I'm going to answer any of the questions, I guess I need to admit that we are, indeed, making this game (should be pretty obvious by now, so no-one should get mad at me for admitting as much). No, it's not a hoax/joke/rumor, no, it's not an expansion pack, it is a full, complete, stand-alone game. And it's called Jedi Knight III right now for lack of a better name, I, personally, would not call it a "sequel" to JK2 since I think a DF/JK game should always be about the Katarns (maybe a true JK3 could be about Kyle and Jan's child, who perhaps shows a particularly strong adeptness with the Force...?) So I wouldn't be surprised if the name doesn't stay "Jedi Knight III" (but who knows). Not that it's not a full game, it's bigger than JK2 in terms of gameplay, content and features, it's just not, in my opinion, the true sequel to JK2. I think that one shouldn't be done for a year or so and should probably use a new engine."

Hannibal
04-01-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Com Raven
"...and should probably use a new engine."

Umm, and should probably?
How about and should definitely?

Com Raven
04-01-2003, 04:26 PM
Want me to fake a press release about it ? :)

Uber_Saber
04-01-2003, 04:38 PM
Why not? You do such a good job.

Burrie
04-01-2003, 05:57 PM
Mmmmm, Jedi Knight 3 would also solve the problem for the gamers who want Knights of the Old Republic to have "JEDI OUTCAST-LIEK BATTLE COMBAT SYSTEM STYLE". After all, it seems JK3 will have character customisation, the ability to wield different sabers... mayhaps this will lay down some of the nagging :)

Of course, Jedi Knight 3 will miss a great NPC cast, a very nice combat system(I really liked what I saw in the video interview from Gamespot), and furthermore, an epic storyline which will define the outcome for the Star Wars universe for generations to come... (and lotsa other cool stuff :D)

BTW. DON'T take me for a Jedi Knight hater. I'm a great fan of the Dark Forces series, and especially the persona of Kyle Katarn whose character development I've followed with great interest. Dark Forces is one of the few series from which I buy the games the date it is released(except for MotS, I guess), and am really looking forward to see the series develop. It's just that at the moment, Knights of the Old Republic has a somewhat more important priority on my list.

Plus, I still want to see an official Lucasarts announcement. (not faked by Com Raven, of course ;) )

Com Raven
04-02-2003, 12:56 PM
Soon my friends :)

Burrie
04-02-2003, 02:01 PM
Mmmm, I still doubted the existance of a new JK3 game, but now that gamedomain had an interview (http://www.gamesdomain.com/gdreview/depart/apr03/jedi.html) with the developers, and the entire JK3 news is no longer exclusive from Gamestop, I can finally begin to believe that it's actually true.

It seems that the game won't necessarily be Jedi Knight 3, or even a part of the Dark Forces trilogy.... I like that.

Hannibal
04-02-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Burrie
Mmmmm, Jedi Knight 3 would also solve the problem for the gamers who want Knights of the Old Republic to have "JEDI OUTCAST-LIEK BATTLE COMBAT SYSTEM STYLE". After all, it seems JK3 will have character customisation, the ability to wield different sabers... mayhaps this will lay down some of the nagging :)

Yeah, now we can tell all the whiners to wait for JK3.:)

Com Raven
04-02-2003, 04:54 PM
Hey, why doubt it?

I don't tell lies....

Usually not...

Taos
04-03-2003, 03:29 PM
LEC just made it official today. The Jedi Acadamy. (http://www.lucasarts.com/products/jediacademy/) :)

Look at this screenie...unreal (http://www.lucasarts.com/products/jediacademy/images/screens/9.jpg). :D

Com Raven
04-03-2003, 04:03 PM
Boy, that game is a must buy for me...

GothicSith
04-03-2003, 05:16 PM
Here is the the official site from LucasArts
Jedi Academy (http://www.lucasarts.com/products/jediacademy/)
And its only for the PC and Xbox!!!! Well at least for the time being.

DarthMuffin
04-03-2003, 06:38 PM
ne release date yet?

GothicSith
04-03-2003, 06:54 PM
It just says "expected for release fall 2003". I wasn't around for the release of Jedi Outcast so I'm not sure if it was released on time. If it was then its a good bet that it will be in the Fall.

Taos
04-03-2003, 06:54 PM
*merges with already existing Jk3 thread*

I heard possibly November on the release date. :)

GothicSith
04-03-2003, 07:01 PM
Sorry about putting up the same info, Leemu. I'm very sick today. :( Should have looked first.

Any way now that it will be on the Xbox, do you guys think that LucasArts/Raven will release it on the xbox first like what LucasArts/Bioware did with KOTOR? Somehow I think that it will be on PC first due its reported 60% completion rate.

Gian Skywalker
04-03-2003, 07:17 PM
I have all the jedi knights series, i loved when i saw that Lucas Arts will make new one.

Taos
04-03-2003, 07:34 PM
Any way now that it will be on the Xbox, do you guys think that LucasArts/Raven will release it on the xbox first like what LucasArts/Bioware did with KOTOR? Somehow I think that it will be on PC first due its reported 60% completion rate.

Well, it's hard to say at this point....seeing as they just officially announced it. Are you saying that the pc version is 60% done? I know that the game itself is 60% done...I don't know about individual platforms.

GothicSith
04-03-2003, 07:40 PM
Someone posted, a few pages back, the quote from Raven stating that its 60% completed. Now I don't know whether its the game or the PC.

leXX
04-04-2003, 06:14 AM
So what kinda character do you think you guys will be? I know what I'm gonna be first, a Twi'lek of course.:D I havn't decided what colour I'll be yet but I think I'll have a purple saber and gold hilt (if there is a gold hilt). Man, this game is gonna so AWESOME. Argh, I can't wait, come on Autumn, hurry up and come!!

Geez, I sound like a little school girl I'm so excited!

Bob Gnarly
04-04-2003, 10:40 AM
i dunno, ill probably go with some guy with a little chin fuzz, and have a green saber in honor of Qui Gon :D

GothicSith
04-04-2003, 10:50 AM
I want black robes and an ancient handle for my lightsaber. Long hair and a goatee. If this can be done then its my RPG character, San Baku!

Uber_Saber
04-04-2003, 11:15 AM
I'm thinking Red and Silver robes for my character... Not sure what species. (Probably Human male, but it depends on what my choices are.)

A yellow saber with a grey-on-black handle.

Taos
04-04-2003, 02:03 PM
Guess who's a mod of the new Jedi Acadamy disscussion forum at Jk2???

Hmmm....still not sure? :D :D

Take a here! (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=163)

I'm also at the valley as well! :D

YAY!!!

leXX
04-04-2003, 03:14 PM
He's talking about ME btw. :p :D

Pad
04-04-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Leemu Taos
Guess who's a mod of the new Jedi Acadamy disscussion forum at Jk2???

Hmmm....still not sure? :D :D

Take a here! (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=163)

I'm also at the valley as well! :D

YAY!!!

:eek: sweet mother of god, thats awesome. which i could have a job like that. ;)
CONGRATS TO THE BOTH OFF YOU!!!

one question tho, what happend to gonkh8er, spy,...?

leXX
04-04-2003, 04:52 PM
Answered on msn. ;)

Jedi Apprentice
04-04-2003, 05:40 PM
Congratulations Leemu! :D

Man, this game looks awesome! It makes me even more excited to see the little XBox icon next to the pc icon.

Can't wait to see a trailer for it.....

Thrift
04-04-2003, 08:49 PM
Can't wait!!

**** me, that girl has some unusual hips http://www.lucasarts.com/products/jediacademy/images/screens/10.jpg

Taos
04-04-2003, 11:21 PM
Well, that screenie is one good reason why Kotor and Jedi Acadamy are going to be great games....the large action! :D I'm so excited for both! :D

Pad
04-05-2003, 08:55 AM
.... :D I'm so excited for both! :D
i think we all are buddy, i only dont know how long i can wait for those babies to come out. :D

Com Raven
04-05-2003, 02:32 PM
One sweet ****ing game :)

dark jedi 8
04-05-2003, 05:39 PM
One sweet ****ing game :)

my thoughts exactly!!

i wonder how many species there will be to choose from besides, human, twilek, and rodian, (i think).?- i hope they have zabrak, like maul! i think that would be pretty cool.
anyway, dark jedi for me, with black armor/robes, and 2 red bladed lightsabers with black handles.!:D

Jed
04-05-2003, 09:32 PM
If they made a Zabrak model, it'd be a helluva lot easier to skin/model a Darth Maul.

That is, if the old models don't work.

Jedi Apprentice
04-05-2003, 09:47 PM
In an interview they said they are making the game very friendly to the mod community, so it should be easier than JO was.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Zabrak model in the game, but I also wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't. It is one of those things that could go either way really easily. :)

Jed
04-05-2003, 11:00 PM
In fact, I just heard that they may be a conversion program that could convert old maps, models, etc.

Amazing what technology can do these days.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gotta go program the laser that itches my ass from space. :D

Com Raven
04-06-2003, 08:48 AM
Hmm, why do all guys always wanna go dark side ?

dark jedi 8
04-06-2003, 12:05 PM
whats wrong with that?:)

Jed
04-06-2003, 12:20 PM
Hmm, why do all guys always wanna go dark side ?

Who said I was going dark side? :D

...Damnit, you beat me at my own game XD

Com Raven
04-06-2003, 01:37 PM
Lol, well, maybe not every single one of you, but somehow a majority wants to be bad :)

Burrie
04-06-2003, 02:51 PM
Well, Maul, Sidious and Vader(plus when it comes to the EU, Exar Kun) tend to be fan favorite, and guess what they all have in common?

Note that I won't be going to the Dark Side tho'. These "fan favorites" tend to suffer unhappy endings.

Com Raven
04-06-2003, 04:10 PM
Same here, good guys get the girls in the end after all :)

Pad
04-06-2003, 06:04 PM

nah, ill just use my evil magic on em :p

Dalti Evful
04-24-2003, 04:16 AM
Anakin did okay with Padme and we know how evil he turns out :D

Burrie
04-24-2003, 09:18 AM
He turned out to be a good guy in the end tho'. :p

Dalti Evful
04-25-2003, 12:35 AM
Yeah a dead good guy with no girl unless you count Luke. :D
Nice guys finish last even Luke finds out his girlfriend is really his sister.

:fett: "Hes no good to me dead"

Jedi Apprentice
04-25-2003, 01:02 AM
Well, he ends up with Mara Jade though.

I think we are waaay off topic though. :p

Anybody heard any new news about the game?

Someone with inside connections.......

KaBuTaR
04-25-2003, 01:05 AM
One of the other races will be Ewok?

j/k

Jedi Apprentice
04-25-2003, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by KaBuTaR
One of the other races will be Ewok?

j/k

<---is lost on the meaning of this. :confused:

Did you post this in the right thread?

KaBuTaR
04-25-2003, 02:19 AM
you said

and considering how there are all these 'new races' that we're supposed to be able to play that haven't been revealed yet, I figured I'd make a bit of a joke out of it and say that one of these races would be Ewok. :)

sorry for the confusion - better now? ;)

Taos
04-25-2003, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Apprentice

Someone with inside connections.......

I might know someone with inside connections.....and nothing new to report at this time. I wish there was something new, the JA forum is getting kind of dry at the moment......though I'm sure it will pick up soon! :)

Sorry my young apprentice. :)

Swat
04-25-2003, 08:12 AM
just wait till E3

Dalti Evful
04-25-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by KaBuTaR

and considering how there are all these 'new races' that we're supposed to be able to play that haven't been revealed yet, I figured I'd make a bit of a joke out of it and say that one of these races would be Ewok. :)

sorry for the confusion - better now? ;)

No need to explain. That was funny! :D How I hate those damn muppets must kill all the Ewoks!

*Sluaghter ensues*
Qui-Gon Jinn: Dalti Evful nooooooooooooooooooooo!
Mace Windu: What is it?
Yoda: Pain! Suffering! Muppets like myself are in pain!
Mace Windu: Yoda get with it your a C.G.I. now screw those retarted teddy bears.

Treacherous Mercenary
04-25-2003, 02:58 PM
Lol, well, maybe not every single one of you, but somehow a majority wants to be bad :)

Lightning, force choke, that's what we all truley want Raven. :p

Jedi Apprentice
04-25-2003, 09:02 PM
@ Kabutar--Sorry about that, I just misunderstood you. ;)

@ Leemu--I thought the apprentice was supposed to fail.....Not the master. :p

Alas, I also have heard no more new information about the game either. :(

KaBuTaR
04-25-2003, 09:57 PM
@ JA: no probs hehe :)

Dalti Evful
04-28-2003, 11:33 PM
New interview at gamespy on Jedi Knight III.
http://www.gamespy.com/interviews/april03/foster/

Taos
04-29-2003, 12:48 AM
I'm just going to be patient and wait til E3 for news of some significance. While the Gamespy thing was good, it didn't exactly blow me away......so I'm just going to wait for a couple more weeks. :)

StormHammer
04-29-2003, 07:41 AM
I'm just going to be patient and wait til E3 for news of some significance. While the Gamespy thing was good, it didn't exactly blow me away......so I'm just going to wait for a couple more weeks. :)

Yeah...small info morsels are tasty, but I'm waiting for the main course to arrive when the E3 floodgates open wide. I'm also hoping Raven will do what they did last time...and agree to have a live chat. Some interesting information was let slip about JO last time, as I recall...

KaBuTaR
04-29-2003, 02:57 PM
relax, relax... *deep breaths*... ;)

Taos
04-29-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Dalti Evful
Well I will be sure not to post anymore game info since you are both so above it. No wonder I am a Sith damn jedi $%%$!

Whoa hey, don't take it so personal. I'm not 'above' the info in that article and I'm sure Stormy doesn't think he is either. We're both just saying that we're waiting for the 'huge' news that E3 is know to release, that's all.......and please, if you find some good info before E3, don't hesitate to post it. ;)

StormHammer
04-29-2003, 05:07 PM
Whoa hey, don't take it so personal. I'm not 'above' the info in that article and I'm sure Stormy doesn't think he is either. We're both just saying that we're waiting for the 'huge' news that E3 is know to release, that's all.......and please, if you find some good info before E3, don't hesitate to post it. ;)

:wstupid:

Didn't mean any offense by what I posted - I'd just read it before. Feel free to add any more useful links you may find. ;)

GonkH8er
08-22-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Padanime
:eek: sweet mother of god, thats awesome. which i could have a job like that. ;)
CONGRATS TO THE BOTH OFF YOU!!!

one question tho, what happend to gonkh8er, spy,...?

ARGH! :) I be here! ARGH!

Hannibal
08-22-2003, 07:06 PM
Here with your shovel I see. ;)

Uber_Saber
08-24-2003, 02:41 AM
Or a cutlass, considering he seems to be talking like a pirate.

mace87
08-28-2003, 10:45 AM
OMG look at the new official kicka@# site from lucasarts. http://www.lucasarts.com/products/jediacademy/ awesome screen a 2 trailers. just amazing. this puts competition up for kotor.

Endar
08-28-2003, 06:18 PM
Kotor is RPG, JA is an action game.

But as a true SW fan (the ORIGINAL SW!) I'll buy both. If I can.

covenant_bad
09-02-2003, 08:31 AM
Alas, JA is going to have the same random swinging lightsabre system. Where Quake 3 players will always have the upper hand, button bashing with no sense of skill. I remember playing JK2 and thinking how are supposed to duel in this game? Scripted battle squences and brief moments of lightsabres locking...oh well. @ least their are the Twi'leks to look forward too.

boinga1
09-04-2003, 01:59 AM
You just contradicted yourself. First you said the battles were random, then you said they were scripted.

If you think JO was no skill, you dodn't play too much. Unfortunately, "skill" is relative. I do not consider throw/pullers to be skilled, but they can rack up kills. But, bottom line, I never touched Q3, and I hope I'm a decent JO player. And it's not really button mashing...only in the saber locks. ;)

Anyways, to each his own. Looks like the 9/3 demo rumor was false. :(