PDA

View Full Version : For all you graphics oriented people...


ShockV1.89
04-03-2003, 08:14 PM
Ok, so I'm saving myself some cash for a motorcycle. I've got some jobs I'm gonna be doing, but I recently developed a skill in computer construction, and I thought "Hey! Why not use this?"

So I'm going to be starting up my own little mini-business building computers for those around me who may be interested. Probably nothing big, just to make a few bucks and keep my skills refreshed. I'm going to be handing out flyers in a week or so, but I figured that the boring Word Art from MS Word simply wasnt gonna cut it.

I've seen some pretty sick Photoshop action going on around here. Some of those sig pics are pretty neat. So I was hoping someone here could be cool and make me a logo pic.

The name of the business is "High Voltage Systems." I'm looking for something thats not too flashy, but not boring either. It either needs a background that has edges that blend into white (to blend with the white paper) or simply a white background.

Thanks in advance, guys. It'll be a huge help if this works out allright.

Boba Rhett
04-03-2003, 08:19 PM
These gonna be color flyers or black and white?

Kstar__2
04-04-2003, 04:53 AM
try to give us some more information, what should be on it, how should it look?

dvader28
04-04-2003, 06:37 AM
well, i was bored for ten minutes so i made a quick one:

http://www.dodstudios.net/uploads/uploads/highvoltagesys1.jpg

the colours/text etc can all be changed if you want.

mima kake
04-04-2003, 08:47 AM
Here's another 5 minute one.

again it can be any collor.

http://www.chatpoint.com/chat/photoalbums/357206_105478.jpg


or you could use this one.:D

http://www.chatpoint.com/chat/photoalbums/357206_109517.jpg

J/K

ShockV1.89
04-04-2003, 09:55 AM
Ooooh, I like both of those! They'll be color flyers, btw.

Mima, what would it look like if you changed the background color to white and the lightning to red? Thats an excellent design, but I dont want it to look like a big block at the top of the paper. If the background is white, it'll mesh a lot nicer. And then I think I would use this.

DVader, I like yours a lot. I have it saved on my hdd right now. I think I'm going to use yours for any business cards I make, it has that look to it.

As for information... well, these guys pretty much hit the nail on the head. Nothing too fancy, but it pops nicely.

Something that I was curious about and would probably be pretty easy, is the words "High Voltage" in a sort of lightning text, leaning to one direction, and then the word "Systems" in the same font as DVaders.

Thanks a lot, these look incredible. Man, photoshop is awesome... I really gotta get it sometime... If I see a whole bunch that I like, I may use different pics for different flyers. So far, I've saved both of them.

mima kake
04-04-2003, 10:37 AM
you could use red paper:D

Matt-Liell
04-04-2003, 11:23 AM
Heres yet another 5 minute one. I didn't do the base pic myself but I added some stars, lightning bolts and text. Text can be changed if you would like. I'm working on a less complicated one now. Just thought I'd post it.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/mattliell/highvoltage.jpg

Eldritch
04-04-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Matt-Liell
Heres yet another 5 minute one. I didn't do the base pic myself but I added some stars, lightning bolts and text. Text can be changed if you would like. I'm working on a less complicated one now. Just thought I'd post it.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/mattliell/highvoltage.jpg

Somehow I don't think that quite meets the simple, clean requirement Shock asked for... :lol:

Chewbacco
04-04-2003, 11:30 AM
ALL of those are pretty damn good!:eek:

Matt-Liell
04-04-2003, 11:42 AM
Ok I've got the less complicated ones done, heres my personal fav:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/mattliell/highvoltage4.jpg

Or this one, not as good I think.


http://members.lycos.co.uk/mattliell/highvoltage2.jpg






Again Text can be changed, and probably will be cause I just made a sample for ya I didn't add in "systems" on the end.

Matt-Liell
04-04-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Aru-Wen
Somehow I don't think that quite meets the simple, clean requirement Shock asked for... :lol:

I know I just posted the real ones I was working on, it just looked cool thats all lol!:D :p

Pad
04-04-2003, 12:04 PM
ill try to make something you like shock ;)

just give me some time (i already have a design in mind)

Lost Welshman
04-04-2003, 02:29 PM
I'll have a go for you aswell :D

Pad
04-04-2003, 02:36 PM
there you go :D :

http://members.lycos.co.uk/padanime/voltage.jpg
http://members.lycos.co.uk/padanime/voltage1.jpg

StormHammer
04-04-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by ShockV1.89
Ooooh, I like both of those! They'll be color flyers, btw.

Mima, what would it look like if you changed the background color to white and the lightning to red? Thats an excellent design, but I dont want it to look like a big block at the top of the paper. If the background is white, it'll mesh a lot nicer. And then I think I would use this.

DVader, I like yours a lot. I have it saved on my hdd right now. I think I'm going to use yours for any business cards I make, it has that look to it.


A word of advice...stick to one logo design for all of your stationery. It is the graphical respresentation of your enterprise, and mixing and matching logos will simply confuse potential customers. Your logo is your ID...so just use one. ;)

dvader28
04-05-2003, 09:39 AM
yeah...i say mine. :) i'll expect royalties when the cash comes rolling in! ;)-

ShockV1.89
04-05-2003, 11:17 AM
Tough choice.

But I think I'm going to go with Padanimes second creation. The others are all excellent, and they're all saved (except for that seizure inducing pic, Matt-Liel! :D ;) ), so I may use them in the future for another project with the same business.

Thanks a lot guys, been a huge huge help. This will look a lot better than crappy Word Art.

Thanks Padanime!

Pad
04-05-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by ShockV1.89
Tough choice.

But I think I'm going to go with Padanimes second creation. The others are all excellent, and they're all saved (except for that seizure inducing pic, Matt-Liel! :D ;) ), so I may use them in the future for another project with the same business.

Thanks a lot guys, been a huge huge help. This will look a lot better than crappy Word Art.

Thanks Padanime!

no problem shockv1.89,
i like helping ppl ;)

if you want changes or other stuff, let me know ;)

dvader28
04-05-2003, 05:34 PM
pad, you've got to remove that horrible red blob in the bg of your second img...is it sposed to be lightning or what?

Acrylic
04-05-2003, 06:43 PM
http://www.boomspeed.com/acrylicgtar/hvs.jpg
Theres mine. Its not as good as the others.. Plus, I'm new to Photoshop 7, and have yet to learn the new stuff...If I ever find out how.

dvader28
04-05-2003, 08:18 PM
tbh, there isn't much new in v7...the healing brush/patch tool is the only really new thing. The patch is more useful than the brush. You select a region, then drag it on to another area, and it matches up the two...i.e., if you want to rub out some text, you can select a non text area and drag onto it, and it'll match the hue etc without actually just copying the area onto it...hard to explain...try it and see :)