PDA

View Full Version : Fix the sabers Please


AJL
04-05-2003, 05:10 AM
http://alienjl.homestead.com/files/OrigSabers.jpg
This is what Light sabers look like in Jedi outcast (and based on those screens this also what
they currently look like in Jedi Academy...)

http://alienjl.homestead.com/files/Ep2Sabers.jpg
And this is what they should be !!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

And if someone thinks that it is not soo easy or something stupid like that then check this
screenshot (http://alienjl.homestead.com/files/Sfx2Sabers.jpg) which shows what I can do... I am sure that those guys who are working with
JA can do better that this...! (or at least i hope so..)

Dark_One
04-05-2003, 05:54 AM
Don't know ... look at screen 6 at the official site ... That one looks a bit thikker. But it might be like that because it's a double edged saber.

If it's the same, then I vote: Change it !

Proto
04-05-2003, 06:28 AM
Well, I think the main problem is the triangular smudge. It's shape should be bent at the end, taking into account all saber positions between two animation frames. It looks particulary odd when you use force speed or timescale. Just look at the AotC photo. Hope you know what I mean ;).

AJL's saber looks better, but on the other hand, the white core seems too vivid. IMO the transition between the core and the glow should be slightly more blurry.

AJL
04-05-2003, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Proto
Well, I think the main problem is the triangular smudge. It's shape should be bent at the end, taking into account all saber positions between two animation frames. It looks particulary odd when you use force speed or timescale. Just look at the AotC photo. Hope you know what I mean ;).

AJL's saber looks better, but on the other hand, the white core seems too vivid. IMO the transition between the core and the glow should be slightly more blurry.

http://alienjl.homestead.com/files/Sfx2SabersUPD.jpg
like this maybe:

SlapNut
04-05-2003, 08:28 AM
i like the JK2 ones better than the real lufe ones, they have more deapth and movement u know? they look life like unlike the real ones wich look motionless.

Hekx
04-05-2003, 08:46 AM
I like the ones available in the screenies. ;)

The JKII blades look a little too transparent in places. Instead of the full flow of the blade.

T-Dogg
04-05-2003, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by AJL
http://alienjl.homestead.com/files/Sfx2SabersUPD.jpg
like this maybe:

Is this done with some mod? 'Cause if so, I'd love to use it.

Hope Raven sees this thread & the posts concerning this at the stuck JA thread...

Tremayne
04-05-2003, 09:15 AM
Each character should have its own combat animations. Not as in JK2. A Jedi does not move like a Stormtrooper. ;)

Well, that will be to time-consuming, but one could make at least fundamental differences between the model categories.

I hope you could understand waht I wanted to say ;)

t3rr0r
04-05-2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by T-Dogg
Is this done with some mod? 'Cause if so, I'd love to use it.
yeah, fill us in, ajl... i'd surely download those saber blades. :D

HertogJan
04-05-2003, 09:31 AM
I use Perfect Sabers 2.0, it's ok :) I just didn't like the blue color, it was ANH blue, but I want ESB blue!!

Ohw and as seen on the screen in this thread; the saber is way too thick!! Plz make it a bit slimmer, then they're perfect :)

Proto
04-05-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by HertogJan
Ohw and as seen on the screen in this thread; the saber is way too thick!! Plz make it a bit slimmer, then they're perfect :)

Agreed. But they look great anyway :). Now you may send this mod to Raven for those sabers look better then those on JA screens shown so far ;). And by the way... can I get one? ;)

boinga1
04-05-2003, 11:18 AM
it's ALJ's SFX2 mod, get it in the showcase forum. I really don't care too much about the sabers-i'm happy with the jk2 ones but the SFX ones are nice, too.

nova_wolf
04-05-2003, 03:14 PM
Now THERE is a feature for the SP character creation - select saber width!

Did cause a lot of verbal rucking, and patch after patch.

Probably a good idea to ensure smiles all round.

Agen
04-05-2003, 03:53 PM
It would stop some arguments, i agree :)