PDA

View Full Version : Explain Your Name Here

Jedi Apprentice
04-05-2003, 09:00 PM
I think the title basically explains this thread. In these boards we have some very interesting names and I am sure people would like to understand the meaning or reason behind them.(at least I would :p )

Ok, so I will go first.

My favorite character is Obi-Wan and Luke Skywalker, but I joined the boards after The Phantom Menace came out and the name Obi Wan or anything to that likeness wasn't available so I went with Jedi Apprentice. Which I actually like better.

Now it is your turn. :)

Jed
04-05-2003, 09:50 PM
Well, I wanted a Jedi in my name hehe...

And I looked at the clock. Whaddya know? 2:20 AM.

Hence, Jedi+220 = Jedi220

^__^

Treacherous Mercenary
04-05-2003, 10:15 PM
Mine is simply from a game called Emperor: Battle for Dune. My first name was originally Red_Alert41 which got old anyway, so on July 15, 2001... I changed the name to my favorite subhouse in E:BFD. Around the WW community that is. Never expected to be in the LF. ;)

Taos
04-05-2003, 10:46 PM
Well, I tried to explain my to King Pin earlier........I guess the best way would be to say that it's a name for a jedi that I came up with.

Taos is a mountain range in New Mexico (or a mountain). Leemu just came from tring to make cool sounding first names.....that sounded somewhat human/jedi like. I just took the mu from the greek alphabet and there I had it....it just rolled off my tounge nicely. :) Lee - mu Ta - os [like chaos ;)]. :)

Bob Gnarly
04-05-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Leemu Taos
Well, I tried to explain my to King Pin earlier........I guess the best way would be to say that it's a name for a jedi that I came up with.

Taos is a mountain range in New Mexico (or a mountain). Leemu just came from tring to make cool sounding first names.....that sounded somewhat human/jedi like. I just took the mu from the greek alphabet and there I had it....it just rolled off my tounge nicely. :) Lee - mu Ta - os [like chaos ;)]. :)

and heres that conversation

[20:44:49] KingPin had..: hey Leemu, ive always wanted to ask you
this, but never had the time and didnt want to be accused a
spammer, whats your name mean....whats its origin?
[20:45:02] LeemuTaos: heheh
[20:45:12] LeemuTaos: don't worry, you're not a spammer
[20:45:14] LeemuTaos: =]
[20:45:21] LeemuTaos: well....
[20:45:29] LeemuTaos: the story is nothing exciting really
[20:45:54] LeemuTaos: It's basically a jedi name I pulled out of my
arse a couple of years ago
[20:46:05] LeemuTaos: I was trying to think of good names for a
jedi...
[20:46:16] LeemuTaos: Taos is actually a mountain range in new mexico
[20:46:34] LeemuTaos: and it also used to be an alcholic beverage
several years back
[20:46:45] LeemuTaos: and Leemu...well
[20:46:54] KingPin had..: Taos, i remember teh drink
[20:46:59] LeemuTaos: it just sounded kinda cool
[20:47:05] KingPin had..: The*
[20:47:05] LeemuTaos: my real name isn't lee
[20:47:24] LeemuTaos: but I threw on the mu because of my college
days...
[20:47:28] LeemuTaos: and well there we have it
[20:47:44] LeemuTaos: basically it's my jedi name..if I ever was going
to be one! yeah right..=D
[20:47:56] KingPin had..: :P oyu can dream
[20:48:00] KingPin had..: you*
[20:48:14] LeemuTaos: exactly....that's why some of us are here ! =]
[20:48:28] KingPin had..: hahaha
[20:49:05] LeemuTaos: but yeah....I just was going through several
first names...and that just seemed to work. =]
[20:49:59] KingPin had..: hows it pronounced, ive always said

la-mu Taws
[20:50:31] LeemuTaos: Lee - mu
[20:50:45] LeemuTaos: Ta - os
[20:50:52] LeemuTaos: close there
[20:50:54] KingPin had..: like chaos?
[20:51:00] LeemuTaos: yeah!
[20:51:16] KingPin had..: Ta-os
K-os
[20:51:23] LeemuTaos: LOL
[20:51:29] LeemuTaos: yep that's it! ^_^

my name is simply supposed to be like something from the movie scarface.

Uber_Saber
04-05-2003, 10:57 PM
Well, I wanted to show how great I am (And some of my ancestory is German), so Uber= Ultimate.

For some reason, just plain Uber didn't cut it. So I went with an Anglicized version of a French word (Once again, ancestory) and a word that was also used for a certain movie series I really liked.

Thus, Uber Saber was made.

Bob Gnarly
04-05-2003, 11:00 PM
im confused, i htought uber ment super, then sniper now ultimate?

dark jedi 8
04-05-2003, 11:09 PM
well i got dark jedi because thats what i'm gonna be the 1st time i play KOTOR. and 8 is my favorite #, pretty simple, but it works, and i was tired so.......:)

ckcsaber
04-05-2003, 11:54 PM
Me=Fencer
Weapon of choice=sabre
star wars weapon = lightsaber
sabre=saber
ckc=me
ckc+saber=ckcsaber

:o :D

Lynk Former
04-06-2003, 01:30 AM
Lynk Former is a name i made up back in 1996. I was trying to create a name that sounded it belonged to an X-Wing Pilot... so does it? :D

Taos
04-06-2003, 03:23 AM
Actually, yes, it does. :)

Lynk Former
04-06-2003, 05:12 AM
:D We aim to please

thank u my Jedi friend :D

Project U
04-06-2003, 05:20 AM
I was in the middle of a big school assignment/project, and my real name starts with an U ("Ulrik", its danish)... well Project U

leXX
04-06-2003, 09:09 AM
le = French for 'the'
XX = Female chromosome

leXX = The Female

Jed
04-06-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by leXX
le = French for 'the'
XX = Female chromosome

leXX = The Female

So that's why it's important to make sure you captilize the "XX".

:)

Bob Gnarly
04-06-2003, 11:22 AM
le = French for 'the'
XX = Female chromosome

leXX = The Female

thats the best name explanation ive heard, an dits so true!

The Female
why don you use it as your custom title....?

Darth Simpson
04-06-2003, 11:38 AM
I don't think I need to explain mine.

Reb Starblazer
04-06-2003, 11:55 AM
Don't know how many of these threads I've seen, but I believe I've posted in everyone of them :D

Reb Starblazer is a name I've used for a long time, in a lot of different incarnations. Originally, I just took my name, and reversed it to Trebor [last name which I'm not mentioning;)] and used that for a while.

Later, I took the name "Starblazer" from the Flash Gordon TV show. It was the name of his ship, and I just really liked the ring of it. So then it became Trebor Starblazer, which I used as my name anytime I needed to enter a name for a character in a game. Once Jedi Knight was released(yes, I've used it since before the original Jedi Knight) Trebor Starblazer was too long to fit, so it just became Treb Starblazer. I also used "Darth Malice" whenever I was a dark sider.

There used to be a Television show called Deepwater Black/Project Genesis a few years ago, and on it there was a character named "Reb". It struck me as how close the names Treb and Reb actually were. It almost seemed like a sign ^_^. So I decided to just drop the T, and go with Reb.

Then over a year ago when I joined LucasForums, it only seemed natural for me to sign up with Reb Starblazer, the name I used for everything else :D

I've even had a few people ask me which book it was that I took my name from, as they thought it was an actual Star Wars character. Guess it does sound rather Star Wars-esque huh? :cool:

dark jedi 8
04-06-2003, 12:53 PM
yeah, it does actually.:)

Pad
04-06-2003, 05:00 PM
just the merge between anakin and padme ;)

or maybe like sivy thought about my name as a threesome: padme, anakin and ME :p

Jedi Apprentice
04-06-2003, 05:16 PM
That makes sense pad. I thought maybe you were just a big fan of anime. :p

Sivy
04-07-2003, 05:51 PM
mine is my nickname,

my real name is Stephen B******, people called me Stevie B, somehow that got transformed into Sivy B

FunClown
04-08-2003, 08:06 AM
Is kind of embarrasing...but...

You see, in primary school, I used to pretend I had this imaginary friend called funclown. I used to draw him a lot and stuff. Anyway, after time everyone in the entire grade including the teachers knew about funclown and in time just about everyone had started playing along.

BTW funclown says hi, he's sitting next to me now, but he's not a fast reader so I have to type slow.

Lynk Former
04-08-2003, 08:14 AM
...yes...

GothicSith
04-08-2003, 12:47 PM
Simply put. Gothic is the scene that I'm into and Sith are my favorite characters in the Star Wars universe. I was thinking about using my RPG character name but I decided at the last minute to use GothicSith instead. It just sounded more grand to me.

Pad
04-08-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Apprentice
That makes sense pad. I thought maybe you were just a big fan of anime. :p

no way, i actually really dont like anime .whenever i see a show like pokemon or dragon ball on the tele i change the channel as fast as possible

*doesnt hate anime lovers byw*;)

Treacherous Mercenary
04-08-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Padanime
no way, i actually really dont like anime .whenever i see a show like pokemon or dragon ball on the tele i change the channel as fast as possible

*doesnt hate anime lovers byw*;)

I feel the same way Pad, especially when my brother watches DBZ... :eek: I do respect anime lovers aswell though. :)

Jedi Apprentice
04-08-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Padanime

*marks Padanime off of wierd list* :p

:eek: Just kidding all you anime people!

*runs away very quickly* :)

Darklighter
04-08-2003, 08:25 PM
I've gone anime crazy in the last few months...

*Points to sig and av*

There's nothing wrong with us:plol

Darklighter - As in Biggs Darklighter, Luke's best friend from Tatooine in A New Hope. I was trying to think of a name real fast to register, and it just popped into my head. I'm surprised it wasn't already taken, as this is a Star Wars forum ^^ Most people just call me Darky for short though:D

Lynk Former
04-08-2003, 08:54 PM
yeah but pokemon and dbz suck compared to quality stuff like Bubblegum Crisis and Evangelion :p

Tyrion
04-09-2003, 02:16 AM
Tyrion - Elven Badass Prince from Warhammer(a fantasy board game).

That name stayed with me ever since.

KaBuTaR
04-21-2003, 10:47 PM
Not entirely sure whether I'm supposed to revive the thread but here goes... ;)

my friends basically nicknamed me this... kabutar = pigeon. :)

Jedi Apprentice
04-21-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by KaBuTaR
Not entirely sure whether I'm supposed to revive the thread but here goes... ;)

my friends basically nicknamed me this... kabutar = pigeon. :)

Feel free to revive the thread. Just not 3 year old threads. :p

Why do they call you pigeon though? :)

KaBuTaR
04-21-2003, 11:31 PM
lol - i dunno - kabutar is actually hindi for pigeon... and there was a song we used to play (still do actually) called 'dil kabutar khana hai' which actually means 'the heart is a pigeon coop' - dunno, after that it kinda stuck :P

Jedi Apprentice
04-21-2003, 11:43 PM
lol - i dunno - kabutar is actually hindi for pigeon... and there was a song we used to play (still do actually) called 'dil kabutar khana hai' which actually means 'the heart is a pigeon coop' - dunno, after that it kinda stuck :P

What a strange explanation. :p

I am still kind've lost about the whole thing. :D

KaBuTaR
04-21-2003, 11:46 PM
ok, let me try that again lol... this is what happens in the aftermath of a chem exam involving Maxwell's Relations... :P

okie... there was a hindi song titled 'dil kabutar khana hai' - this title, translated, means 'the heart is a pigeon coop'.

now while the title may sound rather weird, we used to blast this really loud... especially me, coz i really liked the tune... and hence i was nicknamed the kabutar... :P

make sense now? ;)

Jedi Apprentice
04-22-2003, 12:15 AM
make sense now? ;)

Yes sir. :D

That is a very interesting explanation if I do say so myself.

I shall call you "hindi pigeon".

You have no way around this. :p

KaBuTaR
04-22-2003, 12:17 AM
hehe, glad it makes sense. :P

hindi pigeon??? nooooooooooooooooooooo! :eek: ;)

btw, not that i really mind it, but the yes sir should be a yes ma'am :P

Jedi Apprentice
04-22-2003, 12:27 AM
hehe, glad it makes sense. :P

hindi pigeon??? nooooooooooooooooooooo! :eek: ;)

btw, not that i really mind it, but the yes sir should be a yes ma'am :P

:eek: The he is a she!

OK, so no hindi pigeon. :p

Welcome to the boards BTW! :)

KaBuTaR
04-22-2003, 12:29 AM
yes the he is a she, hehe :P

meh... i'm just kidding... u can call me hindi pigeon if u want lol :P

thanks for the welcome :)

Treacherous Mercenary
04-22-2003, 03:49 PM
After mobilizing out of LF and into another forum that can use my spam, there's a new name here? :eek:

Welcome aboard Hindi Pigeon ;)

Anyways, once I get the points.... Imperial Sardaukar shall be declared a misnomer and The Silent One shall take it's place. I think the name is kind of self explanitory and implies more toward life. I was trying to sneak back to a forum I said I would never return to and tried to come up with a new name. I just thought for a while and came up with this. It's true afterall. I hardly, if ever, speak a word in life at all...... It may be hard to believe, but it's certainly more true to me.

KaBuTaR
04-22-2003, 04:01 PM
LOlness, thanks for the welcome... ;)

Treacherous Mercenary
04-25-2003, 10:01 PM
Thanks LT!

:D

Philocleon
04-30-2003, 06:23 PM
I got my name from a play Aristophanes (ancient Greek playwright). There was a character by the name of Philocleon, I liked the character, and I decided to use that as my name. Some people may have different names for the various places on the net they go, but not me. Wherever I go, my name is always the same.

Oh, and Kab, your name means pigeon. Interesting name. Just don't poop on our windshields when flying over, ok? :p

StormHammer
04-30-2003, 07:52 PM
Why StormHammer?

Hmmm...well, I wanted something that could relate to Star Wars (along the lines of Skywalker), and with a more fantasy type theme, because I'm also into fantasy style games like Heretic II and RUNE. So I sort of thought of a Stormtrooper weilding a very large warhammer... Storm....Hammer. ;)

It was not until a while later I learned there was a heavy metal band with the name Stormhammer... :p

I've also decided to use the name Blackbow sometimes when I play online...sort of the dark side of my nature. :D Simply derived from Black Bowen.

Burrie
04-30-2003, 08:29 PM
Although I honestly ponder wether anyone cares, I guess I might as well share my anecdote concerning my name...

When I was very young(think 3-5 years old), I had three letters hanging above the doorframe leading to my room. They said R-U-B, the first three letters of my name. On a birthday, someone(and we're still not sure wether it was my brother or a nephew), someone decided to swap the R and the B, creating B-U-R. At that point, my two bigger brothers decided to call me Bur.

Quite frankly, I hated the name with a passion. I don't know why, but I didn't want to be called Bur, I despised it. To make things worse(for me, that is :p), they added -rie afterwards, and thus Burrie was created. (you pretty much pronounce it as burry)

Zip ahead a few years... During the holidays, I was often allowed to spend one day at my dad's work. This one time, it was very special, because I was allowed to use the Internet, and browse the web ALL DAY(bear with me, that was very special in those days). T'was the second that I was browsing on the web in my life, I think. Anyways, I stumbled upon the 3D Realms site... silly thing was, I needed a nickname to enter the site. After a few moments of thought, I wisely decided to use the name Burrie... since then, I've adopted the name.

That must've been about, oh, 5-6 years ago. I started out as Burrie on the Internet, and if it were up to me, I'll stay on the Internet as Burrie.

KaBuTaR
04-30-2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Philocleon
Oh, and Kab, your name means pigeon. Interesting name. Just don't poop on our windshields when flying over, ok? :p

hehe, yep it does mean pigeon... ;) will watch the windshields and try not to fly into power lines :p

Lord Glorfindel
05-06-2003, 06:06 PM
Well Glorfindel is a character in JRR Tolkiens LOTR and the Silmarrillion and I love tolkien, but the name Glorfindel was taken so I chose Lord Glorfindel cause it sounds cool

Dharkbayne
05-27-2003, 08:24 PM
ummm... I think I just stole it from a guy with the name DarkBane on Everquest when I played that, added an H and a Y and boom, Dharkbayne was born, used it for about 3 years now, :)

Mr. Muscles
06-06-2003, 02:31 PM
i chose this cause i one hope to be called that and actually deserve it :(

Rogue Nine
06-06-2003, 03:07 PM
le = French for 'the'
XX = Female chromosome

leXX = The Female

Actually, according to that logic, "le" is the male definite article in French. Therefore, if you mean to say "the female" it would have to be "laXX." But, I did a little bit of research (to satisfy my curiosity if nothing else) and found out that the letter "X" does indeed carry a masculine connotation in French so it's safe to use the article "le" if you're referencing to that letter.

I know, I'm weird.

Bob Gnarly
06-06-2003, 03:43 PM
Ahahaha, i've been learning for French for years now and i didnt even catch that Rouge Nine.

Hannibal
06-06-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Rogue Nine
Actually, according to that logic, "le" is the male definite article in French. Therefore, if you mean to say "the female" it would have to be "laXX." But, I did a little bit of research (to satisfy my curiosity if nothing else) and found out that the letter "X" does indeed carry a masculine connotation in French so it's safe to use the article "le" if you're referencing to that letter.

I know, I'm weird.

The nerdi-ness(a word?) of forum members never ceases to amaze me. Usually we're really picky about SW facts. :p :)

OT-I named myself after the greatest person I could think of-myself. :)

leXX
06-06-2003, 04:17 PM
Well Nine, you are not the first to point that out. There was a big argument about it some time ago, but the wonderful Redwing came to my rescue by pointing out that the article 'chromosome' is indeed masculine. ;)

Rogue Nine
06-08-2003, 05:41 AM
I think I was part of that argument, leXX. I might've pointed out the whole "le" thing. "Chromosome" isn't an article though. ;)

Lord Glorfindel
06-09-2003, 03:17 PM
This thread should become a sticky for new members to explain there names.

LeXX is a cool name no matter what it means, coolness overweighs definition, in my opinion

Jedi Apprentice
06-09-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Lord Glorfindel
LeXX is a cool name no matter what it means, coolness overweighs definition, in my opinion

You better watch out. :mad:

It's leXX. :D

Edit: Whoa, my thread got stickied. :eek:

:D

Hannibal
06-09-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Lord Glorfindel
This thread should become a sticky for new members to explain there names.

Stuck, it is.

Yes, leXX is a very cool name.

Dharkbayne
06-09-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Muscles
i chose this cause i one hope to be called that and actually deserve it :(

you are a sad... sad... man

Jedi Apprentice
06-09-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Dharkbayne
you are a sad... sad... man

Ahem, ahem..

This coming from the person who stole someone else's name and just added two letters. :D

As always, I'm just joking. :p

I just thought of another reason why I got this name that I had forgotten....

While I was signing up I was reading the Jedi Apprentice series of books...

Makes since, doesn't it? :D

Echuu Shen-Jon
06-19-2003, 04:44 PM
Well, I registered at this forum just after playing some of the Leia campaign. I really liked the name, Echuu Shen-Jon, so I used that. My first name was {MGS}Echuu, made from the initials of my (abandoned) JO clan, because both Echuu and Echuu Shen-Jon was occupied. I made a name change to Echuu Shen-Jon, and that was fine. Now I've made a Jedi name, Ghent-Krath, and want to change to that, but I want a sig pic first.

Lord Siraious
06-25-2003, 02:01 PM
Well my name is one I created for my online charcter which I play as. My character's name is Siraious Altear. He is a Jedi and I created a whole story about him, but I wont go into that here. The lord bit is because he is consider a Jedi Lord like Lord Hoth (EU) was. :yoda:

boinga1
06-29-2003, 08:05 PM
Boinga1 was an old cheat for Mysteries of the Sith, and something I could remember (hehe) when I registered on www.lucasarts.com . It just carried over here. I go by Lord_Swany when I play JO. Swany was a guy making fun of my left-handed lay-ups in basketball... I just added the Lord_ to make it a little cooler, I little odder.

Darth Gurdash
06-30-2003, 02:47 AM
Gudash is a racial name for half-orcs out of the D&D PHB(players handbook).I thought it sounded cool with darth in front of it.
however i have trouble picturing a half-orc sith lord:jawa

BTW
I attack with my battlaxe
AC:20
for 1d10+5

AHHAHAHA:D

John Petrucci
07-01-2003, 02:30 AM
I have modeled my guitar playing after John Petrucci and own many of his CDs and love his work with Dream Theater. He is, at least in my opinion one of the top 5 guitarists out there at the moment. He shows that hard work and practice can truely make you a teriffic guitar player or just help you as a musician in general. I also think the name has a cool ring to it.

StarScream423
07-01-2003, 06:45 PM
Starscream is my favorite decepticon in the Transformers anime(the good 80's one)

the 423 comes from my birthdate, April 23rd(4/23)

This name is relatively new to me, ever since my 14.4 internet days many years ago until about the beginning of this year, I went under the alias ThE_BeeR_BaRoN, from the Simpsons, it was only recently that I changed my alias to StarScream; however that was taken so I added the 423(explained above).

I have had the email address the_beer_baron@iamwasted.com for about 4 years now, so at first it was hard to switch alias' :(

Burrie
07-01-2003, 07:08 PM
Woohoo, Transformers! I remember that, I grew up with that show! (although He-Man was even more brilliant :p )

obi1138
07-01-2003, 08:43 PM
:wan: "I have a bad feeling about this."

My Name was created when I was doing a report of George Lucas for school. When I red about His first film, THX 1138, I realized that it fit perfectly with my favorite Jedi, Obi-Wan. Since then I've been using it for many things.:

duel:

Samuel Dravis
07-03-2003, 01:55 PM
Samuel Dravis is from the Descent series. He was the evil guy. I used to play that alot...Too bad D4 got cancelled.

Sam Fisher
07-06-2003, 11:36 AM
My is from the main charactor(sp?) in Splinter Cell, Sam Fisher.

Darth Faisley
07-13-2003, 03:13 AM
The darth is for obvious reasons. Faisley is me nickname, so there ya go. Darth Faisley

Greda Pa'sun
07-15-2003, 06:56 AM
to get my name i did one of those "what would you star wars character name be?" websites.

so i entered the stuff and got this name.. it's sorta sounds jedi ish.. its good enough got me :)

Rogue15
07-15-2003, 12:23 PM
I made my name when I joined RSN, I was 15 at the time, and I liked the callsigns in Rogue Squadron.

muhajireen
07-15-2003, 05:30 PM
Hi all

Well since i am new to the froums, i might as well start my first post explaining my name.

well it is hard to explain but the name is related to the group of people who migrated to Yathrib. since i am related to it in, i thought i would use it as my name.

legameboy
07-15-2003, 08:16 PM
well, le for Levi (my middle name), game (because I like games), and boy, cause I made it up when I was a boy. :D :rolleyes:

lordpenquin
07-18-2003, 03:35 PM
My character's name is Lance Tavo. I wanted something original, yet sounded like it fit in the star wars universe. How does it sound to you?

Darth Fufu
07-19-2003, 12:20 AM
Well I picked a name that sounded intimidating and scary...so...there ya go:cool: :fett:

StarScream423
07-19-2003, 01:55 AM
I wet myself when I read your sig Fufu :eek:

Simpson_Knight
07-19-2003, 10:36 AM
My name is pretty simple.....Simpson....my last name and favourite (inocent!) football player and knight cause it sounds good with Simpson. kinda sounds like Samsonite dont you think?
:ball:

J.J.Jedi
07-22-2003, 08:25 PM
I used J.J.Jedi somewhere before... i don't remember where, it was more than a year ago. When i was registering to these forums it just popped to my mind.

What does it mean? Simple, the first js are the first letters of my first and middle names Joni Juhani:) (i'm not kidding).
And jedi... well three js on a row... nice:cool:

Derc
03-22-2005, 11:52 PM
...but I think it's a good thread for a new era of LucasForum users. :)
*casts Master Revitalize* :queen
Ancient thread. Rise. :vadar:

My username comes from none other than KoTOR's random name generator. When just sitting there, pressing "Y" to generate random names, I stumbled upon, "Derc (something)."

Me: "Hey, Derc is a cool name." :thumbsup:

Then I just added my own custom last name, from FF7's Cloud Strife, to complete my official KoTOR character, Derc Stryfe.
And now, here I am on LucasForums, as Derc. :wavey:

abespam
03-23-2005, 01:11 AM
my nick that my friends call me is 'abe' and the email acct i used to register at these forums (and most other registering crap) is under the name abespam.... pretty stupid actually

Bastila
03-23-2005, 06:25 AM
I can never be borthered to think of user names so i just picked my fave character from KOTOR 1 which was bastila. see easy!! lol

tmhe
03-23-2005, 10:16 AM
tmhe is short for my full name:

Tijmen Marcus Hubertus Ermers

lol, it's dutch.

My other nickname is Omega. Took that one cause I was learning greek and thought this letter was cool. it also means something like the "End of Life"

Saturnine
03-23-2005, 10:38 AM
My name is feminized version of Saturn, who was the roman god of agriculture, and who is also identified as Kronos, a titan of the greek mythology and the father of many major deities including Zeus, Hera, Hades and Poseidon.

However it's origin means very little to me: I just like it.

Drazin
03-23-2005, 04:35 PM
Drazin is just a name I made up for one of my many Paladin type characters in some MMORPG games. Usually my 3rd or 4th choice for names really.
I used to have an extravagant Bio about Drazin Windborn and stuff, but that was many guilds ago.

My Usual Moniker is Mordakai Slayton. That is always my Main character in any MMORPG I play that offers Ranged combat (Use of Bows) Mordakai is generally an Aelfborn or Half-Elf Ranger that relies almost exclusively on Archery. The name itself is from 2 sources. First is Mordakai, an alternate spelling of the Biblical Mordecae who saved the jews in the Book of Esther. The last name is the lastname of my Favorite Comic Book SuperHero. Lt. Col. Marc Slayton AKA Backlash.

I also go through a Variety of Narnian Names, like Runewit and Miraz.

Mostly I just like to make up my own name that sounds decent. I like to be atleast mildly original and get somewhat irritated when I see the 500th respelling of "Legolas" or something.

RaV™
03-23-2005, 05:03 PM
My friends call me Mars AKA The god of war, since i got alot of anger and hatred, but I dont care what they say about my life..

The Hidden One
03-23-2005, 05:31 PM
The Hidden One I guess came from be wanting to be stealthy but....
MIne was originally Hidden Hispanic(Im Mexican but born here:p )
But something didn't work out.

stingerhs
03-23-2005, 06:35 PM
stingerhs is the name that i've been using since i was a sniper for a now dead unreal tournament clan.

at the time, i just used stinger, but i later added on the 'hs' to signify 'headshot'.

i still use this name when i get on Halo, AvP2, HL2: DM, and CS: Source. so if you see the name, its me. just don't freak out: i'm not the sniper i used to be. :rolleyes:

RaV™
03-23-2005, 07:29 PM
Neat Head Shot <_<

Emperor Devon
03-23-2005, 11:45 PM
Emperor Devon was a name I came up with years ago... Me and a friend of mine had been writing stories about Star Wars, and I named my character Emperor Devon. When I joined LucasForums (A Star Wars forum) I decided I'd use a Star Wars name I'd come up with.

montnoir
03-24-2005, 06:09 AM
Let's just say: "Beware of the man from the Black Mountain".

90SK
03-24-2005, 08:33 AM
"CaptainSkye" was actually a character that came to me some years ago, and I never intended on using the name anywhere. It just came to me: I'm not sure what inspired it(no, it was much much before and had nothing to do with this (http://www.skycaptain.com/):p). I ended up first using it on JK3files.com after I sent my first idea in with the wrong e-mail adress.

Aristotélēsticus
03-30-2005, 12:53 PM
Korfredonn was a great general in the old Sasanian Empire of Persia, he lived in the time of King Chapur.
well i love history and this character always inspired me so i chosed his name as my nickname.

KNeo
03-31-2005, 05:23 AM
Well since I'm new... here goes....

Crying_Fate.... I just made it up...

Naw actually it came from one of the text based roleplays I made a couple months ago. "The Isle of Crying Fates"

And then when i was thinking of usernames for this forums. I thought of it and chose it because it was... deep? Which is really lame looking back. But anyways... too late eh?

stingerhs
03-31-2005, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Crying_Fate
And then when i was thinking of usernames for this forums. I thought of it and chose it because it was... deep? Which is really lame looking back. But anyways... too late eh? not really....

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=106555

just ask really nice..... bribes work well, too. ;)

StoneDragon
03-31-2005, 03:51 PM
My username is pretty self-explanatory. =)

lukeiamyourdad
03-31-2005, 07:08 PM
^^^^

Mine is pretty obvious. I wanted something Star Wars related. Of course, like most nights at the computer, I was drunk, so I decided it would be lukeiamyourfather. Since it was too long, I shortened it to lukeiamyourdad.

People call me luke, luke's dad, lukeiamyourdaddeh, lukeiamyourdaddy, lukeiamyourmommy, lukeiamyourmom and LIYAD. I also got a "lukeiwanttospankyourav". >_>

I think I was the first guy at LF to put a woman as an avatar, though I'm not so sure. I thought it would be a funny experiment. My old one was a Darth Vader one and the second one was my first female avatar. People might remember it(I got many, many love letters sent to me). The third one was a picture of a cosplay girl. I had many complaints about it not being so nice so I took it off after a month or two to replace it with the fourth one.
The fourth avatar was nice enough but the details were too small and people didn't really couldn't see anything(except the cleavage x_x ). So I went on a search for a newer one.

Then I ended up with my actually avatar, which is frankly my favorite. It is very sensual and arousing without being a nudie pic which is why I love it so much. I've gotten much praise for it(including a few new love letters).

Well that's my sad story. I guess it ends my "everyone wants to sleep with lukeiamyourdad because they think she looks like his av". At SWK.com of course, I'll continue arousing geeks worldwide with it. I'll upload the original picture that I made the avatar with if anyone wants it. Just don't tell me what you intend to do with it.

EDIT: PS: Please don't say anything about this in other forums. Except for the Swamp and Empire at War...they all know anyway...I find it funny when people are confused about my gender.

Boba Rhett
03-31-2005, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

I guess it ends my "everyone wants to sleep with lukeiamyourdad because they think she looks like his av"

You'd think so but no. :brow:

lukeiamyourdad
03-31-2005, 08:04 PM
I am frankly disturbed. Stop putting images in my head!

*horrible images overflow*

*head...exploding*

RedHawke
04-01-2005, 01:18 AM
^^^^
*Spits water all over keyboard...*

:rofl: Bwahahahahaha!!! :rofl:

Back on topic: RedHawke is my first PnP WEG Star Wars D6 RPG Character, created around 1987, She started out a Cyborg/Bounty Hunter Template, and ended up a very, very powerful Force User. She leads a huge group of Cyborgs and Droids. She also has a clan of Tusken Raiders as allies.

I have had other Star Wars characters, including a Dark Lord of the Sith, but RedHawke is what I have been using as a nickname around the net for some time, so when I registered on these forums I used it here as well. :D

ChAiNz.2da
04-01-2005, 05:26 AM
ChAiNz.2da

an old username I've used forever in other "territories" of the not so legal genre.. ;)

It later progressed into just meaning
"chain smoker". The capital C-A-N represents you CAN do whatever you put your mind to... the .2da was to eliminate confusion between me and "chains" another modder at Holowan. 2da just seemed to be an appropriate suffix to add seeing as it was one of the first types of modding mechanics I dived into...

montnoir
04-01-2005, 04:05 PM
For the first time, I actually paid attention to Boba Rhetts avatar and I saw... Yoda smoking pot?

Hmm, I guess that explains that horrendous grammar he's been spreading throughout the movies...

Mav
04-04-2005, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
^^^^
*Spits water all over keyboard...*

:rofl: Bwahahahahaha!!! :rofl:

Back on topic: RedHawke is my first PnP WEG Star Wars D6 RPG Character, created around 1987,

yeaa... I was born in 1987... lol, anyway my user name comes from my favorite movie, Topgun thus the "maverick", then 1 from my first jersey number in Tee-ball, and 87 from you guessed it 1987 the year of my birth.

Vladimir-Vlada
04-04-2005, 09:44 AM
I am from Eastern Europe (acctuely South Eastern) since my full name is Vladimir, I first thougth to tipe that, but then the stinking web page said that the name was already in use, then I tiped Vlada and it happened (again!). So I am stuck with this name.

LukeKatarn
04-04-2005, 04:47 PM
I was new to forums, theese were the very first I ever joined. I was thinking hard of a name, and I tried Katarn because I used that name alot when I was playing JA. When that didn't work, I thought heck, why not LukeKatarn? So I did it. Basicly it's just a cross between Luke Skywalker and Kyle Katarn. Very simple, so everyone who didn't know now knows, MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

RC-1162
04-07-2005, 02:36 PM
mines easy 2 xplain. i just removed the 'on' from 'Darth Bandon':D

RC-1162
04-07-2005, 02:36 PM
mines easy 2 xplain. i just removed the 'on' from 'Darth Bandon':D

Edawan
04-12-2005, 07:37 PM
My name is a combination of Edouard (my real name) and padawan (you know what it is ;) )

It's a friend of mine who gave me that name, when she was pretending to be Yoda and me her padawan... (... I hope it's clear...)

I've used that name for a few years, and I've only just realised that I have a SW related name on a SW related forum...

RevanA4
04-20-2005, 08:36 PM
well I'm a big DBZ fan and all my user names every where else deal with DBZ so JediGoku sounded apropriate for this forum

Achilles
04-20-2005, 09:45 PM
I've studied mythology for almost 2 decades and one of my favorite myths is the story of the Greek demi-god Achilles. I've used "Achilles" as nickname for games, forums, etc for several years, so it was 2nd nature that I selected it when I registered here.

RevanA4
04-20-2005, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Achilles
I've studied mythology for almost 2 decades and one of my favorite myths is the story of the Greek demi-god Achilles. I've used "Achilles" as nickname for games, forums, etc for several years, so it was 2nd nature that I selected it when I registered here.

I'm big into greek mythology and I've never heard that one so if you have a link to it plz pm it to me

lukeiamyourdad
04-20-2005, 09:57 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achilles

Achilles
04-21-2005, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by jedigoku
I'm big into greek mythology and I've never heard that one so if you have a link to it plz pm it to me "big into greek mythology" yet you've never heard of Achilles? :eyeraise:

Does "big into greek mythology" = watching Hercules on cable tv?

"Better to silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

lukeiamyourdad
04-21-2005, 12:06 PM

AND Xena Warrior Princess :D

Bob Lion54
04-21-2005, 12:09 PM
Achillies, you're a heel!:devburn: (j/k, and sorry for the bad pun)

Anyway, the Lions were our high school mascot. 54 was my football(American) jersey number. When I first got the internet I was in high school. I needed an email address and :bluidea: I used a variation of Lion54 for it. Ever since then, I have used different variations of that for screen names. I have a different email now, but I still use Lion54 for screen names whenever I need one. :cool:

RevanA4
04-21-2005, 12:46 PM
"big into greek mythology" yet you've never heard of Achilles? :eyeraise:

"Better to silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

no I was never iterested in the whole troy thing but I know quiet a bit of greek mythology and all the mythologial creatchers and god and some demi-gods which Hercules was one and no I don't watch those shows

General Kenobi
04-22-2005, 12:18 AM
Darth Melignous I tried to put some thought into.

Darth = DUH...sith lord
Melignous = A cancerous plague on the galaxy. A cancer that rots at the core until all life is enslaved or ended. In other words a "Sith Cancer on The Galaxy."

JediWatchman
08-11-2005, 12:26 AM
I was a Jedi Watchman in TSL, so that's my name. Pretty simple, huh?

ET Warrior
08-11-2005, 03:01 AM
Nickname in high school was ET, but I needed something a little different, so I tossed warrior on the end for coolness. Because I irradiate cool.

Mira Dona
08-11-2005, 03:36 PM
Mira Dona was the random name generated for my Pc in KOTOR1, I loved the name so much I just ran with it.

Snafu7
08-11-2005, 03:39 PM
Mine's pretty easy to understand

Star
Wars
Galactic
Battlegrounds
K
I
N
G

starmark2k
08-11-2005, 03:52 PM
I got my name as back when i was in school i was fearly well known, i was the geek who liked star trek and star wars. For some reason people started calling me 'The StarMan' (Among other things but thats a story for a shrink.). Soon some genius (i went to an inner city school) worked out mark (my real first name)and man had the same first letter. After a while everyone was caling me starmark (more than the other things) but i chose to take it as a compliment and made my e-mail address as starmark@btinternet.co.uk(this is no longer used by me). In 1999 i decided to change my e-mail to hotmail. But to my horror starmark was already taken (The b*****d). so with the millenium coming i added the 2k (k=1000) which also added a level of coolness only a geek could appreciate.

and thats the long and uninteresting story of starmark2k.

come back in 5 years when you get to hear the story of starmark2kX: The evolving story.

Darth Damstrak
08-11-2005, 08:05 PM
Well, I wanted a darth name in my KOTOR game, so "Damstrak" popped into my head. I wanted to make a lightsaber mod, and the lightsaber's name was Darth Damstrak's Saber. (too simple to put in the Holowan forum or anywhere else). I needed some tips at that moment, and so I registered as Darth Damstrak.

Jeff
08-11-2005, 08:21 PM
Apparently, I never posted in this thread... Or at least I don't get e-mail notification for it... Weird I never posted in it.

Anyways, Moeller is my last name. I have no idea what I was thinking when I made my handle, but now I'm stuck with it and can't think of anything good to change it to.

ET Warrior
08-12-2005, 04:20 AM
I have no idea what I was thinking when I made my handle,
My guess is you were thinking.."Hmmm, I can probably remember my last name...I'll use that."

:p

Astrotoy7
08-12-2005, 10:55 AM
mine is a shortening of Astrotoyboy... 7 is my lucky number :)

mtfbwya

Prime
08-12-2005, 10:59 AM
Mine is because I am only divisible by myself and 1.

Nymf...
08-12-2005, 05:04 PM
Nymf = Swedish word for Nymph
Many sees it as the one with sexual bases, but I came across in school 5 or 6 years ago while readin about bugs, (Nymph = a bug under evolution or something if i remember right). And while thinking of a name to Jedi Knight II Jedi Outcast the summer of 2003 I remembered it so I started to use it ^^

RevanA4
08-13-2005, 09:02 PM
Mine is because I am only divisible by myself and 1.

I always thought it was because you like optimus prime

oh new name new explanation

I decided to make the name change because I was tired of the old one and I liked revan but it was taken so I choose Revan the great since I don't like the dark side so I choose revan the great

Hallucination
08-14-2005, 12:15 AM
^^^ I thought you had some crazy idea to change your name to something that goes along with Bastila since you paired up with her the pairing up thread and Revan was taken.

RevanA4
08-14-2005, 12:18 AM
^^^ I thought you had some crazy idea to change your name to something that goes along with Bastila since you paired up with her the pairing up thread and Revan was taken.

*shhhhhhh she isn't suposed to know that*

IndianaSolo
08-15-2005, 08:55 PM
IndianaSolo - Doesn't really need much explanation. I'm not very original so I took two character names of the same actor.

Commas
08-15-2005, 11:54 PM
originally it was i like commas, i don't really know why i thought that would be a good name back then. i actually think its pretty stupid now. i think it just had to do with the fact that on forums i have the bad habit of writing long ass run on sentences with tons of commas in them. i also think it has to do with the fact that i was trying to register, and i can NEVER think of good names, and the few that i did think up were taken so i was like "fine, screw it" and just went with i like commas. then i stopped posting for about a year until K2 came out. i came back and found my account still existed, but still hated the name. i didn't find the name change thread for a really long time, not until after i had already released four tsl mods. I wanted to make sure people still knew that i made those, so when i did find i could change my name i just shortened my name to Commas, so there would be less confusion about the mods i had already released under the old name, and future mods i would release under the new name. So there you have it, the whole stupid, stupid story.

ChAiNz.2da
08-16-2005, 03:17 AM
@Commas

To be honest, I've always liked your username.. hehehe...

If you didn't have it, It's probably something I could imagine myself using as I tend to really do "like commas" in my posts and such (or dots, or "hehehe" or...) :xp:

Prime
08-16-2005, 08:42 AM
I always thought it was because you like optimus primeSometimes that's the reason. It changes from time to time. For example, to day the reason is because I am an excellent piece of meat.

Astrotoy7
08-16-2005, 10:17 AM
Sometimes that's the reason. It changes from time to time. For example, to day the reason is because I am an excellent piece of meat.

youve been waiting to use that one for a *very* long time, havent you primeski :p

mtfbwya

Captain_H
08-30-2005, 06:17 PM
Mine I have used since I started subscribing to forums and is Star Trek related just like my Avatar ( see http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=1859248&posted=1#post1859248 ).

warchild75
09-08-2005, 04:31 PM
to get my name i did one of those "what would you star wars character name be?" websites.

so i entered the stuff and got this name.. it's sorta sounds jedi ish.. its good enough got me :)

Mine is from the film point break with keanu reeves one of the evil surfers is called warchild and it kinda stuck.I also did one of those starwars name websites it said my name is leepa elbri.Not bad

masterchief2491
09-10-2005, 12:06 AM
mines really simple... im really good at halo and halo2 (im not just saying that add me to xbox live if you want proof :) it too is masterchief2491) and 2491 is actually my birthday... 24th july 1991... therefore 2491
i noe its not really original but at least its never taken on any sites and i can always remember the numbers cuz its my birthday

Derc
09-13-2005, 11:02 PM
New name. :o Just another way to spell Rex, really. I saw this name spelling from the upcoming FFXII game, and I liked it. I liked it so much that it just happens to be the first name of my main character in Guild Wars. :)

And I hope this name change will signal my return to the forums too. :wavey:

Snafu7
09-13-2005, 11:18 PM
Well I just changed my name a bit a go, and for those who don't know what it means

Situation
Normal
All
F***ed
Up
7 is just a random number

and there are a bunch of other ways to say it, but thats the one I go by

Renegade Angel
09-27-2005, 04:16 PM
Element is my favorite brand of Skateboards, and sk8er because im a skater!

darth-enigmus
09-28-2005, 01:38 AM
I was making a character for Kotor and Darth Enigmus just came to me. Enigmus is just off enigma meaning mystery. Meaning the mysterious one. Besides, Darth Enigmus Sounds better than Darth Mysterious.

PoM
09-28-2005, 10:29 AM
All right, this is it:

In some online game, i don't know what, i, for some reason, (Dude, i seem to like commas!) picked the name "Kniven" (Swedish for "The Knife") Then i went on, translated it to english, made it one word, registered to lucasforums and so on.
Then i noticed there was this band in sweden called "The Knife", so i changed it to Piece of Metal, because a knife is a piece of metal.

Then i got tired of it because it was so long, it sounded weird, and so on.
So i shortened it to PoM!
And now it's me.

CrudeMatter
09-29-2005, 05:59 PM
Honestly, I was amazed that mine was not used already. It's a direct quote from Yoda!!! "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."(and pinches Luke's shoulder)
I use it as an indication of my less-than-idealized state, in much the same way that a certain black-belt title translates to "baby who knows nothing". But it also has meaning in my quick and dirty method of pure KT modmaking(so far). I'm sure the better modders can see the sloppy, brute-force, method to my madness. So, in deference to them it is "Luminous beings are thee, not this CrudeMatter."
mine doesn't have neat USDA connotations like Prime. = (

Shrub91
09-29-2005, 06:01 PM
Busch is my last name (busch = shrub)
and I was born in 1991, October 29th 1991 to be exact..

ChAiNz.2da
09-30-2005, 08:57 PM
Busch is my last name (busch = shrub)
and I was born in 1991, October 29th 1991 to be exact..
I graduated High School when you were born :eyeraise: Gadz! I feel old... :ball: hehehe...

But hey, you're a MAC user, so you are on the KEWL list ;)

General Kenobi
09-30-2005, 09:42 PM
Don't feel bad ChAiNz 91 here too.... :D

:ben:
General Kenobi

Shrub91
09-30-2005, 09:42 PM
I graduated High School when you were born
Hmmm.......... 31?
Thats not too old.

ChAiNz.2da
09-30-2005, 09:47 PM
Hmmm.......... 31?
Thats not too old.
32 (March 10th, textbook Pisces through and through) ;)

And don't think I missed the "too" in that comment... hehehe.. ;)

Shrub91
09-30-2005, 09:49 PM
Darn! So close!
Hahaha.

Shrub91
09-30-2005, 09:51 PM
BTW, hows the .2da's coming?
Just curious.

JediKnight707
09-30-2005, 10:08 PM
Element is my favorite brand of Skateboards, and sk8er because im a skater!

http://images.ccs.com/ccsimages/itm_img//t4eb3312.jpg
That's the sweatshirt I wear, its just black and its a pull over not a zip
ELEMENT ROCKS!!!

Kain
10-01-2005, 12:46 AM
Was MydnightPsion which was basically my demonic D&D character's name(Mydnight) and his class(Psion). Changed it to Kain when I grew weary of the old name (and he died). Kain from Legacy of Kain, not some queer anime or Final Fantasy.

Bezurn
10-01-2005, 05:48 AM
My name I created when trying to think of a character name for a Lugian in Asheron's Call 2

It's root is baised off the original nemesis in AC1 who was named Bheal'zharon. Most people referred to him as BZ as an acronynm. So I just put a e in there to make him Bez, then add an object that conveys death - urn. And there you have it, Bezurn.

Since then it has been the handle I use most often for online activities.

Renegade Angel
10-01-2005, 09:18 AM
Yep, I got an element skateboard, with Spitfire wheels, Bam wrecking ball margera bearings, and an element Peace deck