PDA

View Full Version : Lol!!!!


TheHobGoblin
04-05-2003, 10:37 PM
I was reading the little message that comes up after you post there is a spelling error in there

Thank you for posting! You will now be taken to your post. If the administrator has selected to moderate all posts in this forum, you will be taken back to the forum and your post will be displayed presently. If you opted to post a poll, you will now be allowed to do so.

If you do not believe me post and read it quickly you'll see what I mean

Rabid
04-05-2003, 10:41 PM
I thought everyone new that...guess I was wrong...

Wacky_Baccy
04-05-2003, 10:43 PM
Spelling.. error? :confused:

Where may I find this error, pray tell? :D


Seriously, it looks fine to me... Guess I'm missing something...

TheHobGoblin
04-05-2003, 10:44 PM
It's around the bottom of the message.

BCanr2d2
04-05-2003, 10:47 PM
It looks all fine to me......

No spelling mistakes to speak of... Poll is spelt correctly for it's usage..

git_sum_stuka
04-05-2003, 11:16 PM
hahhaa lol i see it.

Reborn Outcast
04-05-2003, 11:43 PM
Are you seeing things? :D It looks fine to me. Maybe you just need to brush up on your grammar. :D

ET Warrior
04-05-2003, 11:51 PM
Ummm, I still must be missing something......I see no error.

-=DarkZero=-
04-06-2003, 12:04 AM
Thank you for posting! You will now be taken to your post. If the administrator has selected to moderate all posts in this forum, you will be taken back to the forum and your post will be displayed presently. If you opted to post a poll, you will now be allowed to do so.

It isn't opted is it >.>...GAH MIND...ahhhhhhhh presentley? >.>

Dagobahn Eagle
04-06-2003, 12:06 AM
If the administrator has selected to moderate all posts in this forum, you will be taken back to the forum and your post will be displayed presently.

That sentence doesn't seem right to me.
Look, if I want quizes, I go to that seemingly unsolvable asterisk thing Lexx put up. Just tell us, okay;)?

Reborn Outcast
04-06-2003, 12:06 AM
How about you guys highlight the "error" you see. :D That would make it easier. :D

-=DarkZero=-
04-06-2003, 12:08 AM
What error! AHH YOUR DRIVING ME INTO THE WALL!

Bob Gnarly
04-06-2003, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by TheHobGoblin
I was reading the little message that comes up after you post there is a spelling error in there

Thank you for posting! You will now be taken to your post. If the administrator has selected to moderate all posts in this forum, you will be taken back to the forum and your post will be displayed presently. If you opted to post a poll, you will now be allowed to do so.

If you do not believe me post and read it quickly you'll see what I mean
i think thats what hes talking about....

dark jedi 8
04-06-2003, 12:21 AM
i never seen any error.? oh well, i'm not that good at spelling anyway.:)

Reborn Outcast
04-06-2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by KingPin
i think thats what hes talking about....

But that "believe" that you highlighted he added in. Its not on the message that comes up. :D

Weapon X
04-06-2003, 12:35 AM
um, there's nothing wrong with it, so this is pointless

Eldritch
04-06-2003, 12:46 AM
More spam from Hobby. :rolleyes: No surprise there.


While there is no spelling error, the message does omit the word 'you' in the first part of the 3rd sentence.
If the administrator has selected you to moderate all posts in this forum, [...]
I've just added the 'you' in bold so you can see where it should be. When you post and you see that message though, it won't be there. It's not a spelling error, it's more of an oversight...

Wacky_Baccy
04-06-2003, 01:17 AM
Posted by Aru-Wen

While there is no spelling error, the message does omit the word 'you' in the first part of the 3rd sentence.

I've just added the 'you' in bold so you can see where it should be. When you post and you see that message though, it won't be there. It's not a spelling error, it's more of an oversight...
Actually, it's correct as is - what it's saying is that the Administrator may have elected to subject all posts to moderation before adding them to the database (and thus the thread/forum) :) ...A clearly impractical thing to do on any reasonably-well populated forum - the mods have enough work as it is :D

Eldritch
04-06-2003, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by Wacky_Baccy
A clearly impractical thing to do on any reasonably-well populated forum - the mods have enough work as it is :D
I would go one step further and say it's impossible. The sheer number of posts per day generated would require many, many more mods than we have now. Thanks for the clarification, though.

TheHobGoblin
04-06-2003, 10:24 AM
More spam from Hobby. :rolleyes: No surprise there.

Time to correct the little dork (a.k.a Flame starter)

It's this sentence

If you opted to post a poll, you will now be allowed to do so.


Don't start jumping to conclusions Aru-Wen. It just might screw ya over :cool:

Hekx
04-06-2003, 11:05 AM
Just ran it through the Word XP spell checker, and it didn't find any problems. :p

opted is a word too. ;)

Reborn Outcast
04-06-2003, 11:07 AM
Yes opted is a word... how did you think i twas spelled?

Bob Gnarly
04-06-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Reborn Outcast
But that "believe" that you highlighted he added in. Its not on the message that comes up. :D
whatever, its all the same to me

Kstar__2
04-06-2003, 11:39 AM
hmm, now what was the reason for this thread again?:rolleyes: :p :D

leXX
04-06-2003, 11:56 AM
All this for nothing.

-=ReApEr=-
04-06-2003, 12:01 PM
Lol this is just spam pointless spam :mad:

Eldritch
04-06-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by TheHobGoblin
Time to correct the little dork (a.k.a Flame starter)
Don't start jumping to conclusions Aru-Wen. It just might screw ya over :cool:
I'm hardly a flame starter, i'm just stating the truth. Most of your threads (and posts) have been spam, and this one was no exception.
You started a WHOLE new thread because you mistakenly believed that 'opted' was misspelled. Didn't you think to actually check the spelling somewhere before you made yourself look silly in front of everyone? :lol: :rofl: :lol:

TheHobGoblin
04-06-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Aru-Wen
I'm hardly a flame starter, i'm just stating the truth. Most of your threads (and posts) have been spam, and this one was no exception.
You started a WHOLE new thread because you mistakenly believed that 'opted' was misspelled. Didn't you think to actually check the spelling somewhere before you made yourself look silly in front of everyone? :lol: :rofl: :lol:
You say that you don't start flame...
Thats funny.. thats really funny.
Good joke
Who in God's name are you. Oh I know! You just a guy who wants to act tough. So it was a little mistake. But I'm gonna tell you one bit of advice...
Don't mess with me. Because you don't know who you're messing with, *****.
:devburn:


YOUR MESSING WITH THEHOBGOBLIN

leXX
04-06-2003, 01:47 PM
YOUR MESSING WITH THEHOBGOBLIN

No, you're messing with me. Don't flame members of this forum or you will suffer the consequences.