PDA

View Full Version : Possible rework of older LucasArts titles?

A'Sharad
04-06-2003, 04:24 AM
Lo.

I was recently thinking about the older LucasArts title Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe that I own. The game is on 3.5 disks which are well past their last collective leg. I know that LucasArts has come out with past titles "revamped" for the more current machines/operating systems (ala XWing and Tie Fighter) - Might there be a possibility that such may/will be true for older flight sim favorites like SWotL or Battlehawks 1942?

I ask as I have tried to reinstall Secret Weapons on my currect machine running XP and, let us say, it didn't work. :deathstar

Thanks.

Metallus
04-06-2003, 05:08 AM
Well, I don't think that a revamp/update of SWL or the other existing WWII games is in the works (or will be, for that matter), but LucasArts is currently developing a brand-new WWII flight combat sim, which we know almost nothing about so far :). Hopefully more will be revealed in the next month or so.

A'Sharad
04-06-2003, 05:51 AM
Oooh, thanks for the reply.

That is a bit of good news, will keep my eyes peeled for more.

Given how much I enjoyed the past period flight sims from LA, I'd say it is money this next would be worth my time.

W00t.

Metallus
04-07-2003, 10:47 AM
Okay, here's the Press Release (http://www.lucasarts.com/press/releases/51.html) from last year. Basically everything we know about the game comes from this, but hopefully it will be shown at this year's E3 convention in mid-May (Several Mixnmojo/LFNework staffers will be attending the event). Anyway, thanks for the question, and welcome to the forums :).

elTee
04-08-2003, 04:24 PM
If they made a flight sim using the Rogue Squadron engine, that would be cool.

SamNMax
04-09-2003, 04:36 PM
Loom remake.

jannar85
04-10-2003, 07:24 AM
Heh Sam, you should've read the first post before adding a reply ;)

James Isaac
05-09-2003, 10:17 AM
They are now making something called Secret Weapons Over Normandy :D .

You can see its official site here (http://www.lucasarts.com/products/normandy/)

(btw it looks very good!)

elTee
05-09-2003, 01:04 PM
Yada yada yada...
Forgive me, but I lost interest when they decided that this game wasn't suitable for Gamecube.
I'm just jealous.