PDA

View Full Version : Vice City for PC

Taos
04-10-2003, 03:29 AM
Ah yes, I just found my summertime game to play while I wait for KOTOR. :D

It's GTA: Vice City - "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Coming to the PC

Today, Rockstar Games announced that the PC version of the global blockbuster, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, is set to hit retail shelves in North America on May 13th and in Europe on May 16th. The PC version will have enhanced features including improved graphics and sound, additional PC controls, as well as several options for players to customize the game. Stay tuned for more details and for the launch of the PC-version dedicated area of the official Vice City website."

Only a month to go! It should be fun! :D

Treacherous Mercenary
04-10-2003, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Leemu Taos

I'll stick to the tactical shooters on the other hand! :p

leXX
04-10-2003, 07:53 AM
Yep, I'm definately getting this game. I was pissed it was only on PS2.

Bob Gnarly
04-10-2003, 08:15 AM
Ah yes, I just found my summertime game to play while I wait for KOTOR. :D

It's GTA: Vice City - "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Coming to the PC

Today, Rockstar Games announced that the PC version of the global blockbuster, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, is set to hit retail shelves in North America on May 13th and in Europe on May 16th. The PC version will have enhanced features including improved graphics and sound, additional PC controls, as well as several options for players to customize the game. Stay tuned for more details and for the launch of the PC-version dedicated area of the official Vice City website."

they didnt post that this much, and to me its not new, i vist there often for stuff on my GTA mod for HL, but i cant wait either looks great

Taos
04-10-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by leXX

Well, I kinda figured that it would come out for pc since GTA 3 did. I just had to have patience that's all! :)

Originally posted by Imperial Sardauka
I'll stick to the tactical shooters on the other hand!

Cool, you enjoy those and I'll certainly enjoy terrorizing a city with my chainsaw! :evil2: :D

Jedi Apprentice
04-10-2003, 06:22 PM
I want to terrorize a city with my chainsaw.....:(

If my parents saw me playing a GTA game they would terrorize me. :p

Hope you all enjoy your game. :mad: ;)

Treacherous Mercenary
04-10-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Apprentice

I on the other hand have a way of hiding the game and besides.. My parents don't really care what games I play anyway. I can even fool them abit as they don't really care. ;)

Jed
04-10-2003, 07:31 PM
I want to terrorize a city with my chainsaw.....:(

My parents don't allow me to get any games rated M.

But does that stop me from ordering them? Just tell them the title of the game is GT3: Vice City...it's a racing game :p

Gotta think...^__^

Taos
04-10-2003, 09:46 PM
Just move out 220 then you won't have that problem! :) :p

Hannibal
04-10-2003, 10:06 PM
The new PCGamer has an article on this. I think I may get it.

Taos
04-10-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Hannibal
The new PCGamer has an article on this. I think I may get it.

That's exactly how I found out it was coming out soon! I'd post linkage to it...but they want you to buy the mag so they aren't giving any stories online! :)

Jedi Apprentice
04-10-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Jedi220

But does that stop me from ordering them? Just tell them the title of the game is GT3: Vice City...it's a racing game :p

Gotta think...^__^

Haha, well, my parents have let me buy Halo and Ghost Recon which are rated M, but they watch the news and have seen the info on GTA.

So it looks like I need to go apartment shopping.:p

Bob Gnarly
04-11-2003, 07:59 AM
wow, weird parents, im aloud to play anything i want i just pay for it

Darth Simpson
04-11-2003, 10:10 AM
Kids... ;-)

Jed
04-11-2003, 05:45 PM
Haha, well, my parents have let me buy Halo and Ghost Recon which are rated M, but they watch the news and have seen the info on GTA.

So it looks like I need to go apartment shopping.:p

Poor you.

My parents are oblivious....muahahahaha :dev11:

Treacherous Mercenary
04-11-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Jedi220

The only game I even have that's rated M is Half-Life, yet my father got the game for me. ;P

dark jedi 8
04-11-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by leXX

yeah, i think it should have come out on the x-box and pc. at least those systems could handle it nicely, and then some.

Taos
04-12-2003, 12:50 AM
I'm really looking forward to seeing how you can customize the game! I think that will be very interesting!. :)

Parents....bah, mine never cared as long as they didn't have to see it or deal with it! :)

Jed
04-12-2003, 01:39 AM
I'm really looking forward to seeing how you can customize the game! I think that will be very interesting!. :)

Parents....bah, mine never cared as long as they didn't have to see it or deal with it! :)

Were games as many games rated M back in them days? I didn't think so...*can only think of a few*

Taos
04-12-2003, 01:45 AM
Excuse me? Back in them days? :evil2: Not a wise thing to say 220. To be honest yes......they didn't have the M for mature back in those days.

*grabs 220 by the throat and takes him to the back room...beats him into a pulp*

:D

Ratmjedi
04-13-2003, 04:33 AM
I knew about this for some time now. Just go to BestBuy.com and up coming games and I knew about it :p

I also don't have to worry about getting games now that I am 18 but it never was a problem for me anyway. The first gaming system that my parents got me was the N64 so I got the others from my sister and she never gave a damn.

As for terrorizing a city I prefer shooting at Skinnes in Somalia. I just got Delta Force: Black Hawk Down so I've been playing since I got in on Friday. It's a pretty cool game. ^__^

:lsduel: :duel:

Treacherous Mercenary
04-13-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Ratmjedi

As for terrorizing a city I prefer shooting at Skinnes in Somalia. I just got Delta Force: Black Hawk Down so I've been playing since I got in on Friday. It's a pretty cool game. ^__^

:lsduel: :duel:

You go ahead and shoot at the skinnies and I'll go with terrorism and terrorize the army! :p Whatever game that maybe other than CS, I cn't think of one right now... :rolleyes:

Jed
04-13-2003, 06:08 PM
Excuse me? Back in them days? :evil2: Not a wise thing to say 220. To be honest yes......they didn't have the M for mature back in those days.

*grabs 220 by the throat and takes him to the back room...beats him into a pulp*

-_-

Hey, 7 or so years ago would be back in them days for me! :p ;) :D

Taos
04-15-2003, 02:31 PM
The Vice City for PC page is now up at the RockStar site. (http://www.rockstargames.com/vicecity/pc/) :D

http://www.rockstargames.com/vicecity/pc/ss/screen02.jpg

I can't wait to play it! :D

leXX
04-15-2003, 04:55 PM
The graphics look a hell of a lot better than that of the PS2. I'm really looking forward to playing this game.

Swat
04-16-2003, 05:17 AM
n i found a page at Gamespy introducing some of the characters

www.gamespy.com/articles/april03/gtavc/

Treacherous Mercenary
04-17-2003, 04:47 AM
Will this game have MP by any chance?

Swat
04-23-2003, 06:43 AM
nope, but there're lots of missions to entertain urself

anyway, i found another page of info:
www.gamespy.com/articles/april03/gtavcgraphics

another...
www.gamespy.com/articles/april03/gtavcvehicles

n another...
www.gamespy.com/articles/april03/gtavctargeting

Treacherous Mercenary
04-23-2003, 12:55 PM
Sorry, but the game must have MP in order for me to get the game.

Taos
04-23-2003, 01:42 PM
So you're not getting KOTOR then? o.O

I don't think you understand how fun this game will be.......you don't need a mp for this kind of game. All you do is run around killing people anyways....

Treacherous Mercenary
04-23-2003, 03:13 PM
So you're not getting KOTOR then? o.O

I don't think you understand how fun this game will be.......you don't need a mp for this kind of game. All you do is run around killing people anyways....

KOTOR is an RPG LT, so I'll be sure to buy it. Any shooters that I play must have MP instead of playing the AI all the time.

Taos
04-24-2003, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by Imperial Sardaukar
Any shooters that I play must have MP instead of playing the AI all the time.

Ah, you say that like I should have known that....oh well, I just think you're missing out. I'll have fun! :)

Jed
04-24-2003, 01:38 PM
I'll take my fun single player only.

*revs up chainsaw*

Swat
04-25-2003, 08:16 AM
info!

www.gamespy.com/articles/april03/gtainteract

STTCT
05-06-2003, 10:43 AM
ah - the joys of being 23 and having my own apartment! Hee...my fiance got this game for my PS2 for my birthday. He thought it was a racing game (or so he says...;) ) booooy were we surprised....

Great game...but I have to save my money for KOTOR.

Taos
05-06-2003, 05:44 PM
Hey nice to see you here Sttct. ;) How's the baby? :D

Er yeah anyways, on topic here.....I just have to wait one more week to get this game! I've been wanting this one for a while! :D

Hannibal
05-06-2003, 06:00 PM
Hey nice to see you here Sttct. ;)

It's about time more of the regulars started wandering in here.
:)

OT-This comes out next week, right?

Taos
05-06-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Hannibal
It's about time more of the regulars started wandering in here.
:)

I couldn't agree more Hannibal....I've been noticing Havoc wandering here a lot more and some others! :D

OT-This comes out next week, right?

May 12! :D

Han - Don't be afraid to turn on your ICQ when coming online! ;P :D

Hannibal
05-06-2003, 06:50 PM

Han - Don't be afraid to turn on your ICQ when coming online! ;P :D

When I'm home I make sure it's on.
Can't do anything about work though.
Usually the only name I see is Eets? He's always on.:eek:

STTCT
05-07-2003, 10:16 AM
eet's is here too...wow...I thought he ran away after the Mcpee thing. J/k.... whats the topic again....Oh yeah GTA Vice City. I'm stuck on PS2 ...the part where you are in the hellicopter shooting down these drug guys. Its hard to shoot them and control the aim with the controller. I hope they fix this glitch on the computer version for everyone's sake.

HertogJan
05-08-2003, 08:37 AM
Yeah the graphics look great, those palmtrees etc :) I really enjoyed GTA3. I finished it only a month ago. I lost my interest the 1st time I played it, because there were opther games around, so I started it up again. It is one helluva good game :)

Finally freedom, linear levels get boring easily :(

Taos
05-12-2003, 06:03 PM
I just reserved my copy of Vice City......EDIT - I'm getting it tomorrow!! :D:D

STTCT
05-15-2003, 10:38 AM
Well Leemu...did you get your copy? Where's your review!!! :eek: :D

Taos
05-15-2003, 12:11 PM
Heh, yeah I got it and so far I love it! The graphics are great........the only thing is, I haven't play it much. This is the busiest week at work for me right now. I have to work all 7 days........yeah it sucks. So I'm not going to be around much today or the next couple. Actually, as soon as I'm done with this, I'm heading off to work.

Anyways, the game is pure kick ass fun, like I expected. The motorcycle is very cool too, it's just hard to steer vehicles at times...though I think I can change that, just not sure how. I just need to play it more. :D

Hannibal
05-19-2003, 05:14 PM
I got this game!!! It's great!!! I didn't think I would like it that much.

I only have one problem. I can get the helicopter to go up and down and side to side but how do you get it to go forward?

Taos
05-20-2003, 11:44 AM
Hehe, that is such a pain in the butt.......to answer your question, I don't think you can. You have to rotate it so that it leads with its side. I have yet to complete this level as well because I think that's stupid. :D

Other then that, this game is amazing! :D

Hannibal
05-20-2003, 12:04 PM
Hehe, that is such a pain in the butt.......to answer your question, I don't think you can. You have to rotate it so that it leads with its side. I have yet to complete this level as well because I think that's stupid. :D

Other then that, this game is amazing! :D

That's crazy(and unimaginative)!!!
The only way they can make it difficult is to make it impossible to control?
:sigh:

I love getting the tanks to come after me. :lol:

Echuu Shen-Jon
05-23-2003, 05:18 PM
Bought it the 20th. I was a little annoyed, when I found out, that you can't hold up people on the street, and you barely knows, when you make a hold up in a store! Now I think it's fine, but I still need that little extra!