PDA

View Full Version : 28 Days Later

Bob Gnarly
04-13-2003, 04:31 PM
Is it the Day of the Triffeds.....The Movie....i dunno you decide

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_searchlight/28_days_later/

Acrylic
04-13-2003, 04:35 PM
Hmm...It looks good...wouldnt mind seeing it :)

StormHammer
04-13-2003, 04:39 PM
Eh? I thought it was about some kind of plague that turns people mad... :confused:

It has nothing to do with Triffids. And they have yet to make anything like a decent film based on the book The Day Of The Triffids. They need someone to do a proper book-to-film treatment. Quick....someone ring Peter Jackson!! ;)

Sage
04-13-2003, 04:40 PM
the trailer looks good. the camra angles look good but i think itll be just an ok rip off of Resident evil but i may be rong you never know...

Bob Gnarly
04-13-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by StormHammer
Eh? I thought it was about some kind of plague that turns people mad... :confused:

It has nothing to do with Triffids. And they have yet to make anything like a decent film based on the book The Day Of The Triffids. They need someone to do a proper book-to-film treatment. Quick....someone ring Peter Jackson!! ;)

nah the reason i said that was because he wakes up ina hospital;) and wlaks outside to see noone;) its kinof a rip off of TDOTT

Acrylic
04-13-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by KingPin
nah the reason i said that was because he wakes up ina hospital;) and wlaks outside to see noone;) its kinof a rip off of TDOTT

Hmm...maybe it is, but they changed the name of the movie? :confused:

C'jais
04-13-2003, 04:55 PM
I saw it a few weeks ago in the cinema.

Quite good - very British too, if I may say so.

It's not a typical slasher zombie-survival flick. It doesn't rely at all on gory effects, but rather, on how the main characters are able to cope with their new-found situation as solitary(?) survivors.

And it leaves a few loose ends open to interpretation as well.

If you can't decide between Resident Evil and this one, pick 28 days later.

EDIT: Forgot to say that I love the way the movie is filmed. It looks like a documentary, with blurred shots and realistic lightning.

Bob Gnarly
04-13-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by C'jais
I saw it a few weeks ago in the cinema.

Quite good - very British too, if I may say so.

It's not a typical slasher zombie-survival flick. It doesn't rely at all on gory effects, but rather, on how the main characters are able to cope with their new-found situation as solitary(?) survivors.

And it leaves a few loose ends open to interpretation as well.

If you can't decide between Resident Evil and this one, pick 28 days later.

there ya go, thats kinda the story line from TDOTT

Bilbo Skywalker
04-13-2003, 05:37 PM
this film was out months ago here in the UK, i liked it, it is a little slow-paced to begin with, but there are some very well acted scenes and some scary moments, it is shot with a gritty-realistic documentary type feel.

the story goes off in a very strange direction about 2 thirds in, i wasnt entirely sure about this, but overall i did enjoy it, and is a healthy alternative to Resident Evil.. :)

.:Solusar:.
04-13-2003, 07:17 PM
hmm this movie sounds very interesting. Anyway I might want to go see it when it comes out.:)