PDA

View Full Version : Couple questions about signature pictures...

Silent_Thunder
04-13-2003, 05:01 PM
I'm currently working on a signature picture for once I have enough (donated!) credits to purchase one.

Anyways, I was wondering: What's the maximum size for a signature picture in pixels, and what's the maximum size in kilobytes for a signature picture? I can't find any explanation on the user cp page.

Also, I have yet to see a GIF signature... are they supported? That's what I'm currently making.

Does anyone have any suggestions on making a GIF signature picture be under the allowed size without losing too much detail?

Anyways, thanks for the answers :) !

The_true_lynk
04-13-2003, 05:04 PM
500x80 and 50kb. GIF should be supported. this should help :)

Ratmjedi
04-13-2003, 05:04 PM
Well the size is 500x80 and the Kb is 50 I believe. As for GIF there some here. Insane has made one with the Apple girl and Sivy has one with scrolling Matrix code behind it.

:lsduel: :duel:

Silent_Thunder
04-13-2003, 05:07 PM
Thanks...

Hmm, 50kb sounds rather small to me... My avatar alone is over 2kb. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to work around it :).

Thanks for the extreemly fast replies :)!

*EDIT*

Whoa, I just noticed that the your sig picture is nearly HALF of the max kb size... That's a bit disheartening :(.

Anyone have any suggestions on making a GIF file take up less kilobytes?

Thanks agian! :)

Acrylic
04-13-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Silent_Thunder
Thanks...

Hmm, 50kb sounds rather small to me... My avatar alone is over 2kb. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to work around it :).

Thanks for the extreemly fast replies :)!

*EDIT*

Whoa, I just noticed that the your sig picture is nearly HALF of the max kb size... That's a bit disheartening :(.

Thanks agian! :)

Well, I once made a sig pic, black and white...that took up 80 kb....dunno why tho. Anyways, I dont have much help for you, except, dont put super high quality pictures in your sig pic. I mean, look at DarkLighter's...He pretty much has the best sig pics around here, but they are under 50 KB.

ckcsaber
04-13-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Silent_Thunder

http://www.spinwave.com/crunchers.html

That page has .gif and .jpeg crunchers. Just put in the file, and it will crunch it down to a smaller file size. It only lets you view the first 2 with "membership" but the rest can still be saved onto your computer, if you just click on the link, view the image, and save it. ;)