View Full Version : Should I get Obi-Wan for X-Box?
04-14-2003, 07:29 PM
Would u guys suggest buying star wars obi wan for xbox
or perhaps another star wars game with good saber combat, and multiplayer
[Edit - Stormy - please stop double/triple posting. This is the 3rd time I've asked... :tsk: ]
Hmm... i rember going to the obi forums nad whne thery beta was out people siad it was poor, so i... uh dunno.
04-14-2003, 07:40 PM
No offense, but how can your thread be off-topic??? O_o ;) :DAnywaaay...I haven't played Obi-Wan. I am of the opinion that JKII represents the best of what you just stated. Or you can wait for Jedi Academy. :)
04-14-2003, 07:43 PM
No, I would not recommend Obi-wan for the Xbox......it really is not that great of a game. It's a rental deffinately. The only Star Wars game i can think of is Jedi Outcast...at least until Knights of the Old Republic comes out in June......
i remember when obi-wan was first in production, it was going to be for PC, but then the X-Box came out and they decided to make obi-wan for that and then make JK2 for PC.
at the time i was dispointed (big obi-wan fan, though you've probably guessed that :D)
after hearing what people said about obi-wan i was kinda glad that they did that. and after playing JK2 i was extremely glad that they did that.
04-15-2003, 09:35 AM
one LAME game, never touched it, way too much bad karma about it. Many people said the graphics were ordinary, and so was the gameplay, didn't exactly get a good review either....
I'd try other games like JK2, or if you can wait Knights of the Old Republic, which everyone hopes will kick some major gluteal....
04-15-2003, 12:10 PM
If you'd like to have it because it's a star wars game and you can can get it for under 15 then it may be worth it to you. Don't buy it if you're trying to find any sort of fun gameplay though.
04-15-2003, 12:40 PM
I thought it was ok. I know it's not the best of games, but it's ok.
04-15-2003, 01:15 PM
You're a very generous man, swp. :D
04-15-2003, 02:57 PM
Not really.. seriously. i thought it was ok. I like using the force and swing my light saber and kicking alien scum butts. But there were some glitches. so, don't pay more than 10 to 15 bucks on it.
04-15-2003, 10:18 PM
For a game to be, "ok" to me, it needs to meet some basic game requirements.
1. Non half assed textures. In my games I prefer there to be a tad more than a handful of textures.
2. Non half assed enemies. Enemies should attack you and should probably also not all be doing the same animation whilst doing so. :D
3. Obi Wan's bad eyesight. Apparently he can only see about 50 feet in any direction. I think it was due to a fever he had when he was young. Well, that or there's just cover fog everywhere you turn in this game.
4. I don't know about everyone else but I usually prefe rthat games be fun. Horrible level layout, camera angles and weapon control crapped on that. :(
5. Multiplayer mode. Obi Wan's barely deserves the title. It doesn't even offer as much enjoyment as SP. And when saying that when talking about Obi Wan, you're saying something. :D
MP seriusly looks like a feature where the programmers were sitting around, most likely sharing the hashish, until the week the game was due out when somebody handed them a note saying, "Obi Wan must have MP or it's your ass".
I must agree, Obi Wan is major dog doodoo. I only bought it because it was on sale and never read any reviews about it. I played it for about 20 minutes and that was all I could bare. My daughter mucks about with it from time to time, but apart from that, it's another dust gatherer.
vBulletin®, Copyright ©2000-2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.