PDA

View Full Version : Happy Darklighter Day!


Acrylic
04-15-2003, 10:04 AM
Since the other thread got closed due to spam I think, I'd just like to wish Darky a happy Darklighter day. I mean, mods, you can close this if you want, but I just wanted to say it.

So, again, happy Darklighter Day Darky! :)

Darth Groovy
04-15-2003, 10:16 AM
Is it his birthday?

Darklighter
04-15-2003, 10:29 AM
Check this (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=97164&perpage=40&pagenumber=1) thread out for more info lol

Once again, thanks Acrylic:)I'm very flattered and greatly appreciate it:)

Acrylic
04-15-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Darklighter
Check this (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=97164&perpage=40&pagenumber=1) thread out for more info lol

Once again, thanks Acrylic:)I'm very flattered and greatly appreciate it:)

Ah, no problem. Just appreciating that you make the swamp a cool place to be! :)

-=ReApEr=-
04-15-2003, 11:01 AM
It can't be darky day though as it's et warrior day as it's his birthday but i guess you two can share :) :p

BCanr2d2
04-15-2003, 11:04 AM
It can be the Dark Warrior day, or is that more about Darth Vader........

Acrylic
04-15-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by RaPEr
It can't be darky day though as it's et warrior day as it's his birthday but i guess you two can share :) :p

Well...uhm...uhm..geez.

I thought of this before he told us it was his birthday....
so, Darklighter day is still on!

EDIT-there alot of b-days today....and tomorrow, but here are todays :rolleyes:

Today's Birthdays: Wedge Antilles (25), Crimson5 (12), mglass (22), Guybrush122 (15), Blaze_Marley-Flamestrike (16), HRH (22), CloudStrife (18), Dark_Wolf (19), WhiteMouse (24), bostonjedi (18), Lazzz (40), Boba Dave (24), FingerDemon (37), zeroninetynine (17), Heddenman (28), Jawa Jedi (21), slayerxxl (17), pantha-too-kay (30), JEDI R0SS (18), exfelon (31), Fractal-Coffee , Joe Oz (26), Faculty (19), Golgo (27), threehams (17), bou (25), ExarKun89 (14), spare (28), BingosNET (32), ObiMike (15), batupr (25), Shagmaster (21), ET Warrior (18), spy2jgc (27), Pissnelke2005 (18), Jedijaysen69 (19), Lobie (37), Maggon83 (20), hiroe116 (22), Master Kennedy (12), Chutty (18), GI_SNIPER (23), DANSOLO 01 (28), Sith Lord Neo (19), kirov1000 (17), Dirk77 (26), Sim Fubar (19), Bret_Bailey (15), c3r3bus , Reyor Wan Semaj (33), qazwsx (17), Jedi Knight Ax (17), VladimirTrotsky (16)

Darklighter
04-15-2003, 12:17 PM
Still, Darky Day is more important than all of them:D

Taos
04-15-2003, 12:20 PM
All this makes me wonder.......what are you doing for him that he likes you so much Darky? :eyeraise: ;P

The_One
04-15-2003, 12:46 PM
I refuse to celebrate this...

Acrylic
04-15-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Leemu Taos
All this makes me wonder.......what are you doing for him that he likes you so much Darky? :eyeraise: ;P

Well, he makes the swamp a cool place to be and hes really good at PS

The_One
04-15-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by AcrylicGuitar
Well, he makes the swamp a cool place to be and hes really good at PS

Hey, isn't today called "Suckup Day" anyway? :rolleyes:

Kstar__2
04-15-2003, 01:16 PM
bleh, go give some money to LEC or something :xp:


happy darklighter day!!:D

C'jais
04-15-2003, 01:24 PM
I'm damn good at painting mini's.

We wants a day, too.

mima kake
04-15-2003, 01:28 PM
That's weird.
I thought it was darky day every day:)

Acrylic
04-15-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by The_One
Hey, isn't today called "Suckup Day" anyway? :rolleyes:

Well, its also called "The_One has PMS Day" today also...so, 4 things going on today!

Darklighter Day

Et's B-day

Suckup Day

and

The_One has PMS Day


wow...I got ALOT of presents to buy! :D

mima kake
04-15-2003, 01:47 PM
That's alot of day's in one day!
Uh..... Well...... Uh........ now I'm confused:confused:

The_One
04-15-2003, 02:56 PM
Bah, I just don't see the point in dedicating a day to Darklighter. There are only 365 days a year, and I'm sure there are way more important things we should be celebrating - like having a day for spoons, or a day for all things pink with purple spots.

Perhaps, as a compromise, Darky could have the 366th day of the year, that happens once every four years. I think I could live with that.


This was yet another pointless, sarcastic post.

ZBomber
04-15-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Darklighter
Still, Darky Day is more important than all of them:D

:rofl:

So, can i get drunk now? :indif:
Happy Darky Day ^-^

EDIT - Darky has pink and purple spots ^^

El Sitherino
04-15-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by ZBomber
:rofl:

So, can i get drunk now? :indif:
Happy Darky Day ^-^

EDIT - Darky has pink and purple spots ^^ yeah its called herpes ;P j/k darky is clean he just has cold sores ;P

i want a day to. we can call it amatuer photoshoppers day or mediocre photoshop peeps day ;P

Darklighter
04-15-2003, 05:51 PM
Yes Z, you can get drunk if you so wish:D

And yes Z, I am pink with purple spots ^^

Originally posted by The_One
Bah, I just don't see the point in dedicating a day to Darklighter. There are only 365 days a year, and I'm sure there are way more important things we should be celebrating -

You mean, like, for instance...you?;)lol, do I spy a hint of jealousy and resentment? Well it's my day today. You can make a day dedicated to yourself another time, and if you wanna dedicate a day to spoons, talk to Agen, and you guys can sort something out;)

Acrylic
04-15-2003, 05:51 PM
EDIT- Yea...I think this guy is jealous...or has PMS...

Originally posted by InsaneSith
yeah its called herpes ;P j/k darky is clean he just has cold sores ;P

i want a day to. we can call it amatuer photoshoppers day or mediocre photoshop peeps day ;P

Well, actually, tomorrow at

12:00 to 12:05 Central American Time...It will honor all those other people that use photoshop, including me!!!! :D

C'jais
04-15-2003, 05:55 PM
It's sad there's no "Show signature picture: Yes/No"-option to ease the suffering for some of us.

Acrylic
04-15-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by C'jais
It's sad there's no "Show signature picture: Yes/No"-option to ease the suffering for some of us.

And what does this have to do with the thread? :p

C'jais
04-15-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by AcrylicGuitar
And what does this have to do with the thread? :p

What's this thread about anyway?

Honoring Darky's sig pic skills?


But anyhow, it gets slightly unnerving to watch somebody with 2 sig pics in his sig. Maybe I should just remove sigs altogether - what do you think?

Acrylic
04-15-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by C'jais
What's this thread about anyway?

Honoring Darky's sig pic skills?


But anyhow, it gets slightly unnerving to watch somebody with 2 sig pics in his sig. Maybe I should just remove sigs altogether - what do you think?

Well, I dont really care, (not to be sayin I dont care about what you're saying :p) cuz I have cable. So. I unno. I love seeing what people make of sig pics.

ET Warrior
04-15-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Darklighter
Still, Darky Day is more important than all of them:D

Oh, that's just what YOU think.......:evil2:

*hits Darky over the head with a baseball bat*

El Sitherino
04-15-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
Oh, that's just what YOU think.......:evil2:

*hits Darky over the head with a baseball bat* *calls mob connections* you might wanna run while you got a chance:evil3:

Darklighter
04-15-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
Oh, that's just what YOU think.......:evil2:

*hits Darky over the head with a baseball bat*

Gah!

*rubs head*

:(I meant Darky Day was better than all the others, except your bday. O...kay?:sweat:

The_One
04-15-2003, 06:59 PM
Actually, I am not in the least bit jealous. I just wanted to avoid the inevitable big-headedness that comes with having your own day. I also do not have PMS, luckily.

The simple explanation is that, for some reason, I am in a ridiculously sarcastic mood, and felt like having a go in as many topics as possible - the result of which you can see scattered around LucasForums. This thread was an easy target.

Anyway, why would I want a day for me anyway?

How stupid would "The One Day" sound? A lot less stupid than "Darky Day", I tells ya :p

*Back to the Dark Forces forum*

El Sitherino
04-15-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by The_One

How stupid would "The One Day" sound? makes it sound alot like we only have one day left. :|

Pedantic
04-15-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Leemu Taos
All this makes me wonder.......what are you doing for him that he likes you so much Darky? :eyeraise: ;P

Probably a little something under the table...and I don't mean money. ;) :D

Darklighter
04-15-2003, 07:24 PM
The_One...

Come on man, we're just having a laugh, there's no harm in that. I didn't ask for a day dedicated to my work (which is not much, looking at a lot of other people on here who have done just as amazing stuff in Photoshop and image editing programs). I just see it as a friend (or a few) who are complimenting me on my sig, that's all. And why would they feel the need to "suck up" to me? I'm nobody important, just a regular guy who might be grateful when someone thanks him for teaching them some tips and tricks in Photoshop. Again, what is the harm in that?:(Sorry if it makes you turn all cynical, but you didn't have to participate.

Well, I thank you for sharing your opinion on this topic. As it is just past the 15th, I give thanks to everyone who celebrated my very brief day, especially Acrylic for organising it:)Yes, I guess people can call it stupid or pointless, but I enjoyed it. And I am really thankful that I could've helped someone.

*Raises glass*

Thus ends my speech, as well as today. Cheers:)

whitedragon
04-15-2003, 07:39 PM
happy D-day. :p

The_One
04-15-2003, 07:41 PM
Errr, Darklighter, I hope you realise I was joking?

That is often the idea behind sarcasm - to joke about things...

Sorry if you took it the wrong way, but I was just having a bit of a joke :p Maybe my sense of humour doesn't appeal to everyone in the world, but I like it the way it is ;)

Glad you enjoyed your "day".


Sorry, I can't help it.

Kstar__2
04-16-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by C'jais
What's this thread about anyway?

Honoring Darky's sig pic skills?


But anyhow, it gets slightly unnerving to watch somebody with 2 sig pics in his sig. Maybe I should just remove sigs altogether - what do you think?

BLEH!:mad:

now i don't want to be your lil' bro anymore:(

*deletes other sig*

-=ReApEr=-
04-16-2003, 10:37 AM
My little cousin will be your little bro kstar you know the one that calls you Erwin :p

Kstar__2
04-16-2003, 10:42 AM
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*dies*

Darklighter
04-16-2003, 11:47 AM
lol guys. I guess the mods can close this thread now, Darklighter Day is over. Sorry if it caused any trouble:(

Acrylic
04-16-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Darklighter
lol guys. I guess the mods can close this thread now, Darklighter Day is over. Sorry if it caused any trouble:(

Dont apologise....The_One should be apologising for overreacting. C'mon, its a day, its not like choosing wether youre going to heaven or hell or something. But, I hope you were glad having your day, and I hope the Photoshoppers were happy for having their 5 minutes of fame. :)

So, one last request...Mods/S-Mods/Admins...Unite your powers and lock this thread for all eternity!!!!! Muahahahaha!

Darklighter
04-16-2003, 03:19 PM
Yes I enjoyed my day very much (though I think the other Photoshoppers missed out on the 5 minutes:plol).

Anyways, big thanks goes to Acrylic for making this day possible. Thank you and thanks again:):D:)

ZBomber
04-16-2003, 04:53 PM
Bah, lets make it Darklighter Week :p
BTW, The_One. Darky deserved it. I mean, if you knew him as well as AG and I do, you would really like him. Hes always there to help, and nice to everyone. ;)

whitedragon
04-16-2003, 05:02 PM
heck lets make it darklighter month. :D i think he would deserve it after akk the times hes helped me and other people. darkey is one of the coolest people ive met, in the web or out. (and i really mean it) :)

Acrylic
04-16-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by whitedragon
heck lets make it darklighter month. :D i think he would deserve it after akk the times hes helped me and other people. darkey is one of the coolest people ive met, in the web or out. (and i really mean it) :)

Ok...its official, wether anyone likes it or not...

4/16-5/16 is Darklighter month beginning....now! :D

whitedragon
04-16-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by AcrylicGuitar
Ok...its official, wether anyone likes it or not...

4/16-5/16 is Darklighter month beginning....now! :D '

even if darky dosent want it were going to force it on him. he he he

-=DarkZero=-
04-16-2003, 05:44 PM
Yay!>.>
Happy darklighter day...s!!!!!!!!

The_One
04-16-2003, 06:22 PM
What part of "its was a joke" don't you understand?

Sorry if I caused any problems, but if you look at every post you'll see it was done in a joking style.

:)

Darklighter
04-16-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by AcrylicGuitar
Ok...its official, wether anyone likes it or not...

4/16-5/16 is Darklighter month beginning....now! :D

:eek:

*passes out again*

lol thanks you guys:)Awww, I have the bestest friends ever:cry6:

And no probs The_One, I know you meant no harm, you can be my friend too!:D

*hugs The_One*

:plol

whitedragon
04-16-2003, 08:25 PM
aww group hug *hugs everyone*

shukrallah
04-16-2003, 08:32 PM
happy darklighter day? umm ok Happy Dakrlighter Day.

Acrylic
04-16-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by lukeskywalker1
happy darklighter day? umm ok Happy Dakrlighter Day.

Well, Darklighter day is gone...its now Darklighter month! ;)

Kstar__2
04-17-2003, 07:14 AM
AG, now don't overdo it;)


:p

Acrylic
04-17-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by kstar__2
AG, now don't overdo it;)


:p

Hey, it was whitedragon's idea...I'm promoting it. I love promoting stuff! Its fun! :D

ZBomber
04-17-2003, 05:10 PM
MM.. A month IS kinda long.... ;)

Darklighter
04-17-2003, 05:24 PM
For me, it's not long enough:p:D

Agen
04-17-2003, 06:35 PM
like having a day for spoons
Yes... i've been thinking of that, dunno what day though, maybe may 21. maybe not.

Oh yeh and if it was darklgihter month then you wpoudln't want me to be flooding you all with spoon pics now would you? no thoguht so. A day is enough. *pours water over darky month idea* there we go, i've dampened all your spirits.

I say we have a vote on what day is spoon day :)

whitedragon
04-17-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by AcrylicGuitar
Hey, it was whitedragon's idea...

im innocent until proven guilty :p

The_One
04-17-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Agen_Terminator
Yes... i've been thinking of that, dunno what day though, maybe may 21. maybe not.

Oh yeh and if it was darklgihter month then you wpoudln't want me to be flooding you all with spoon pics now would you? no thoguht so. A day is enough. *pours water over darky month idea* there we go, i've dampened all your spirits.

I say we have a vote on what day is spoon day :)

Are you from the UK? If so, you should (may do already) read Private Eye - they have an article on spoons every issue.

Agen
04-17-2003, 07:35 PM
already do sometimes ;)
I never miss anything on the spoon ;)