PDA

View Full Version : Where do you get your names from?

Branik
04-22-2003, 12:09 PM
Since Metallus started asking you to show your faces, I'll continue on the same line: How did you invent your names?

I'll start by saying that Branik is an excellent Czech beer I had the priviledge of tasting a couple of hours before registering.;)

GendoTheGreat
04-24-2003, 05:24 AM
I got my name from Gendo Ikari - a character from an anime series entitled Neon Genesis Evangelion. When I sign up with anything on the net I usually register as ****o, but in this case I figured I'd best not. gendothegreat is also my AOL screenname (not that I would ever consider usuing AOL for anything but providing a connection for my external browser.)

Branik
04-24-2003, 12:16 PM
****o? Should I take that as a hint to your other interests besides Grim Fandango?

Metallus
04-24-2003, 02:02 PM
My name comes from a villian on the old Space Ghost cartoon series. In the picture below, he's the one sitting between the locust-looking-guy (Lokar) and the lady in black (The Black Widow). The other two fools are Tansut (red costume with cape) and Brak (Brak).

http://www.unc.edu/~fiser/Space_Ghost/images/council.gif

ZaXeriaw
04-24-2003, 02:09 PM
Can't remember where I got my nick from, but I think I was high or drunk... :D

C Shutt
04-24-2003, 02:26 PM
This is my actual name. Couldn't think of a nick at the time.

Sanspoof
04-24-2003, 04:15 PM
I get my name from the deceased cat in Grim Fandango (His memorial is in year 2, in the cat track. He's the only visible cat in the game I think)

I chose it because cats are a lot cooler than dogs. Dogs want too much attention and aren't as lean or mean as felines.

And am I the only person on these forums with a Grim Fandango name that lasted more than 100 posts?

Bob Gnarly
04-24-2003, 08:16 PM
after registering then never using my account again, i came back to LF and thought....those custom titles look dandy :D so i thought id stick around and get one, back then i was registered under KingPin, and though it was just a nick i pulled out of my ass i never liked it, till a while ago someone gave me the nickname Black Mamba, and ironicly enough its The Brides nickname too in Kill Bill, so i changed it awhile back and plan on keeping it

GendoTheGreat
04-25-2003, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by Branik
****o? Should I take that as a hint to your other interests besides Grim Fandango?

I'd be a sad kind of a person indeed if Grim Fandango were my only interest.

Bob Gnarly
04-25-2003, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Metallus
My name comes from a villian on the old Space Ghost cartoon series. In the picture below, he's the one sitting between the locust-looking-guy (Lokar) and the lady in black (The Black Widow). The other two fools are Tansut (red costume with cape) and Brak (Brak).

lol, i htought you are a heavy rocker type guy whop liked metallicxa, but i was also wondering about the cartoon

GendoTheGreat
04-25-2003, 03:54 PM
Isn't Metallus a person out of Greek mythology?

Sanspoof
04-25-2003, 04:16 PM
Uh not that I know of. And i'm good at greek mythology (Bloody Romans)

GendoTheGreat
04-25-2003, 04:45 PM
How good are you with Greek myths? Are you sure there isn't a god or half-horse dude or something who is called Metallus? I definitely get a Greek mythology vibe when I remember the name.

Grim_comician
04-26-2003, 08:45 AM
I've chose Grim Comician because I want to share something fun about Grim Fandango. Can't wait I find my soulmate, it's near as dammit.:sweat: (:cheers: )

Sanspoof
04-26-2003, 10:34 AM
No, there is definitely no half-man-half-horse creature or whatever called Metallus in Greek Mythology.

Joshi
04-26-2003, 03:32 PM
Neil Joshi, no funny story, my actualy name (i'm told by my mother that Neil is the son of one of our Hindu Gods, although i'm not sure which one, i'll have to ask, but if memory serves me right, i'm part of a twin (not in real life))

And Joshi is my family name, it goes everywhere with me.:D

Darth Eggplant
04-27-2003, 02:53 AM
:D Neil Joshi:D
good to see you at this forum.
wellcome...anyhow I used to be
a photolab technician, just like
Robin Williams in 1HR Photo.
the lab was in a grocery store
because as anyone can see
harmful chemicals and produce
are like so organic.
anyhow since I was the sinister
fellow in the mad scientist lab coat
who new everyone's secretes
(because you'ld be amazed)
at what people brought in,
my email name became sinister eggplant.
*and since i originally signed up as
sinister eggplant and then lost my
password, I took Darth Eggplant.
(however all my emails and messengers
go by sinistereggplant)

I never heard of Space Ghost,
I thought Metallus was a clever
word pun on Metallica.

Joshi
04-27-2003, 02:44 PM
Space Ghost was brilliant! Although he did look somewhat similar to Batman, but that was just the way his eye holes were similar and he had a cape, meh, he reminded me of Batman anyway.

Junior™
04-29-2003, 05:41 PM
Actually "Junior" is the username which I use on every other forum and which I wanted to use around here as well. Unfortunately there already was a Junior registered, that's why I picked JRThomas. It's a mixture between "Junior" and my actual first name.

Tall Guy
04-30-2003, 08:29 AM
My original name on the old YABB boards was Tall Guy In Robe but thats just waaay too long so i shortened it to just Tall Guy, cant remember where the actually name came from, i think i may have been drunk...

echo_bunny
05-02-2003, 03:59 PM
http://www.mookeygirl.com/cds/echo.jpg

echo and the bunnymen anyone?

Darth Eggplant
05-02-2003, 06:18 PM
cool band name, always liked that one.
they did one of the songs on the Dark City
soundtrack. you should ask the mods to take out the underscore. you could be echo bunny, unless you like the underscore. go to either the lucas forums feedback page, or here in this forum under i think help\feedback. i used to have both words together and asked to have them seperated and they did.
anyhow 'what's up doc?'

echo_bunny
05-02-2003, 06:25 PM
naaa i hate that little underscore...it gets RIGHT UP MY NOSE ...so yeah, thanks.
i wanted to have my real name (iain) as i usually do to it was bloody taken, what are the chances of that...
tis a great band if anyones interested, except i can never think of any songs to reccomend
thanks for the tip anyway Eggplant

Branik
05-03-2003, 04:36 AM
What sort of stuff do they play? I've never heard of "Echo and The Bunnymen"

GendoTheGreat
05-03-2003, 09:56 AM
Never heard of them? Then young man we must get you initiated, post-haste. Take 2 hits of this website (http://www.bunnymen.com/) and call me in the morning (but not before 7, or I get cranky.)

echo_bunny
05-03-2003, 10:14 AM
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00000B5FM/qid=1051963503/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_3_1/026-4500663-4747639

some samples on here for yers

GendoTheGreat
05-03-2003, 10:46 AM
Yuck, Realplayer. Branik: I'm sure I've got some of their stuff somewhere. I'll email you an mp3 if you like.

Branik
05-03-2003, 01:36 PM
Don't bother. Doesn't really sound like my kind of music.

GendoTheGreat
05-03-2003, 09:37 PM
Good, because I can't be arsed finding it.

Bob Gnarly
05-03-2003, 09:40 PM
sounds like mined i love ther emusic its kinda hip hp meets rock

anomalousresult
05-07-2003, 04:57 PM
sorry to drag this back on topic n all but i want a customisable tag too.

a few years back i was doing chemistry coursework. all my mates were getting into msn messenger, i'd had internet for years but not really done much with it, except for downloading the settlers 2 demo, and so i needed an e-mail address. drawing a crap graph that should be a curve but miraculously came out to be a straight line in that very chemistry lesson, i came up with anomalous result. on the other boards i'm on it's got an underscore because i put it in to be identical to my e-mail address, but it's too many characters on this one, so i axed that. what a lovely story.

AnxiousApe
05-11-2003, 11:25 AM
DrunkenMonkey was already taken and Eaglesonpogosticks was too long so I went for AnxiousApe instead.

GendoTheGreat
05-15-2003, 07:30 AM
You sure did, AnxiousApe. You sure did.

Hector_Lemans
05-17-2003, 11:47 PM
Well, you look at my name and you think "Hmm, where did he get his name? It's so obscure considering this is a GRIM FANDANGO forum. Is that just a coincidence?"

Alright, I'm kidding. Where I got my name is kind of obvious. My mother(before I was born).

-Hector

Gabez
06-01-2003, 09:40 AM
What? Oh, most people call me Gabez is real life. It's kind of like my real name I guess.

Tall Guy
06-05-2003, 08:46 AM
Gabez da newt!:D

Gabez
06-05-2003, 01:21 PM
Oh yeah, and there is that. ;¬¬;

pleto4_ryan
06-09-2003, 08:56 AM
well it comes from

1)plato a greek philoshopfer
2) from april ryan

mixed together
pleto4_ryan
:)

(actually i have this name from the first time i used the net...pleto4...then i putted the ryan, finally had a last name ) :D

elTee
06-22-2003, 08:53 PM
I was browsing the web, and I came across a brilliant website. I copied the name in a burst of jealousy.

The website? Yahoo.com

Aranolorion
06-23-2003, 04:54 PM
its elvish...loosely translated it means "He-Who-Dreams".

Redwing
07-01-2003, 07:19 AM
*pokes head in*

Anyone remember me? ...Thought not ^^;;

Anyway I thought I ought to pop back in, just because I like this little forum. ^_^;;

I chose my name partially because I once created an RPG character (well not really a character, a mecha suit) named Redwing, and partially because I like cardinals. ^_^

GendoTheGreat
07-01-2003, 11:09 AM
Of course I remember you, you're the [guy/girl?] with the Rei Ayanami avatar. Wouldn't forget a thing like that. Your name, on the other hand...

Redwing
07-02-2003, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by GendoTheGreat
Of course I remember you, you're the [guy/girl?] with the Rei Ayanami avatar. Wouldn't forget a thing like that. Your name, on the other hand...

Lol. Okay, one person remembers me. (Two, actually, counting Metallus, who had better remember me ;))

Oh, and I remember you as well, for the same reason =D

*Allows thread to return to topic* ^^;;

Dawidos
07-20-2003, 06:16 PM
My name is Dawid. But my friends talk me - dawidos. Why ? Well , they smoke ,but I don't . In our location (Poland) there are ciggarettes called Dawidos. So they call me that :P.

Ray Jones
07-20-2003, 07:54 PM
Ray G. Jones is my name ..

Ray .. sounds good *cough* and inspired by Ray Stance from Ghostbusters ..

Jones .. :dozey: guess..

and G. is to confuse peoples. ..

hey i was young and needed a name for my amiga flight sims .. at this time i thought col. Jones, Ray G. is some sort of stylish .. . and now i'm OLD .. hell why change it NOW?????

:D

Susan
08-09-2003, 05:05 AM
People call me Susan in real life, so I figured people here could do the same. :p