PDA

View Full Version : ForceMod II - Final beta feedback

Azymn
05-16-2003, 03:23 PM
Well, ladies and gentlemen, you know what i need. :)

Let the games begin.

rut-wa jodar
05-16-2003, 04:04 PM
My initial Reaction is.......

:drop2: OMG ! :drop2:

I`m testing it right now

Azymn
05-16-2003, 04:24 PM
cHoSeN-oNe has just informed me of a bug when running a dedicated server.....

EDIT: This bug was with the last version. Host dedicated servers to your heart's content. :)

Classic Luke
05-16-2003, 05:21 PM
Seems my email is messed as i dont see any forcemod final beta in it :( Anyways, if its not too much trouble can you email it to me at the following address please:) ?
bleroy@tampabay.rr.com

rut-wa jodar
05-16-2003, 08:00 PM
Azymn, I noticed in your cvarlist this

f_saberbreak
-"0" No changes
-"1" Only drains force when hit
-"2"
-"3"

does it mean that breakable sabers are not fully implemented ?

Azymn
05-16-2003, 08:15 PM
Oh, the cvar_list.txt isn't updated yet.

Saberbreaks are fully implemented.

You can set the cvar through the menu under forcemod->lightsabers.

rut-wa jodar
05-16-2003, 08:20 PM
Can u explain under what conditions will the saberbreaks occur .I have noticed bots seem to lose lightsabers more often too. but i think it`s something to do with 1.04 patch.

Mace_Windu21
05-16-2003, 10:32 PM
The saber blades for episodes 4, 5, and 6 seem to have the core above where the saber glow stops, so please fix that. But the rest is awsome! :fett:

Classic Luke
05-16-2003, 11:08 PM
I played forcemod for about 20 minutes with no problems, then i changed the f_saberdroptime to 0. Five minutes later my game crashes. Does this happen to anyone else? When i switched my f_saberdroptime to a non-zero value (in this case 1.5) i encountered no problems.

Azymn
05-16-2003, 11:38 PM
rut-wa: saberbreaks occur when the very first thing you hit on the opponent is the arm or hand holding the blade you want to destroy. So you must hit the right arm to destroy the dualblade, and the left arm to break the 2nd saber. This is actually quite difficult, because the lightsaber must be on, and it's very hard to hit the saber arm without hitting something else first (esp. the saberblade) with the current collision code.
So it's not a common event - but you'll receive a message if someone breaks your blade, and there will be a small explosion and the person will fall to the ground.
When you say they lose sabers, is it the special blades? or are they stuck with the throwing hand out?

Mace_Windu21: I'll tidy those blades up a bit.

Classic Luke: I found what was causing the problem with f_saberdroptime and it will be fixed.

rut-wa jodar
05-17-2003, 06:36 AM
It`s when they are stuck with their arm in the throw position. I don`t think it`s a problem with your mod though.
I found a random bug too, on bespin I was having a saber battle against a bot when all of a sudden i found myself stuck to a wall and noticed a green and blue line between my character and the wall. WIERD !!!!. It has only occured once I am trying to recreate it so i can send you a pic.

The Mod is stunning BTW ! :D

bliv
05-17-2003, 06:48 AM
lol, how many e-mails do you need to send?

rut-wa jodar
05-17-2003, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Azymn
rut-wa: saberbreaks occur when the very first thing you hit on the opponent is the arm or hand holding the blade you want to destroy. So you must hit the right arm to destroy the dualblade, and the left arm to break the 2nd saber. This is actually quite difficult, because the lightsaber must be on, and it's very hard to hit the saber arm without hitting something else first (esp. the saberblade) with the current collision code.
So it's not a common event - but you'll receive a message if someone breaks your blade, and there will be a small explosion and the person will fall to the ground.
When you say they lose sabers, is it the special blades? or are they stuck with the throwing hand out?

Mace_Windu21: I'll tidy those blades up a bit.

Classic Luke: I found what was causing the problem with f_saberdroptime and it will be fixed.

My apologies Azymn
I was using wrong version of your mod I never checked my email after I got the 1st version of beta 3 you posted.

I have noticed bots turn sabers off and on alot if bot_honourableduelacceptance cvar is set to 1. Can the seeker droids be disabled for pure saber bots ?

Flamehart
05-17-2003, 02:15 PM
Yeah, those seeker droids get annoying. Desann lost his lightsaber again a few times when I played, and I set the lightsaber block for Lightning AND Drain, but neither worked. Is it because I'm using Twin Lightsabers? Just wondering.

rut-wa jodar
05-17-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by AOTJ_Craig
Yeah, those seeker droids get annoying. Desann lost his lightsaber again a few times when I played, and I set the lightsaber block for Lightning AND Drain, but neither worked. Is it because I'm using Twin Lightsabers? Just wondering.

To block drain and lightning you have to keep the crosshair on your opponent.

Flamehart
05-17-2003, 02:25 PM
Did that, it didn't block. Also, with Jedi v. Merc mod off, the Bryar Pistol is unselectable, it wont let me switch to anything but the lightsaber, even if im "Lightsaber and Guns." Mind telling me whats wrong here too?

Mace_Windu21
05-17-2003, 02:32 PM
I think someone should set up a ForceMod II beta 3 server, to beta test on against real players. So, please someone do that and put the time and date of when it is so we know when. Thanks! :D

Flamehart
05-17-2003, 03:28 PM
Ok, found somethin weird. After some extended amount of time of playing on MercMod, JO seems to close out saying it performed an illegal operation. Also, when flying on jetpack and using the grapple it says illegal operation. The seeker drones are getting VERY annoying and making it hard to have a decent fight vs. Bots. In normal game mod (no Jedi Vs. Merc) the Bryar can still be selected, just not directly, its like I have to pick up another gun before it will let me switch to it.

rut-wa jodar
05-17-2003, 05:06 PM
OMG!! I just fought against darth maul Bot I managed to split his sith saber in two, he then begins to kick my butt me with 2 sabers. :drop2:

KiLLeR_SqUiRReL
05-17-2003, 05:29 PM
When i perform emotes or rolls, the final arm animations stick for a while, then return to normal. the jetpack fires kinda stops every once in a while, then turns back on. When you jump slighty forward shooting 2 pistols, certain models (maul) will have their torso turned completely around, like a creepy chucky doll. also, when i execute .cfg files, it will occasionally crash my game. and, though this has only happened once, i started bespin streets and spawned in an out-of-map point, then i had to devmap/restart it to fix it. but like i said, it's only happened once. and, lastly, i cant seem to select dual e11's, and i have typed in the console command. that's all i've found for now. AWESOME MOD, btw.

Azymn
05-17-2003, 05:43 PM
bliv: lol - you're right. I can't believe i posted the wrong version initially. Make sure everyone who has problems has downloaded the version with the main menu that reads:

ForceMod II
The Mercs Strike Back

,or else you have the old beta 2.

I will disable seeker drones for the pure saber users, they actually started buggin me too. :)

AOTJ_Craig - I'll fix the bryar when jedivmerc is off. You probably just don't spawn with any ammo. You can still block with Twin sabers - make sure f_saberblockall is set to "1", in addition to the lit/drain blocking.

For crashes, try and determine what events are happening right before the crash - i'll check out the jetpack/grapple combo. Is anyone else having the same crashes?
Make sure f_saberdroptime is at least "1" (this will be fixed in the next version). If anyone else can find specific cvars that cause the problem, that would be great.

Azymn
05-17-2003, 05:52 PM
KiLLeR_SqUiRReL - I'm trying to find ways of fixing those anims...i'll check out the other stuff you mentioned.
Dual e11's (i assume that's the blasters) can only be had if you're a heavy soldier, and f_dualgunshow is "1".

Zathu Koon
05-17-2003, 06:42 PM
Woo, great job on what I saw. :)

Heres the bugs:
- Force Template pages that you have to switch to don't show up until you save one.
- There are some darks in the pure jedi one, light syrup shows up dark, as does white knight. Might do this in other ones, didn't check.
- Level 4 Jump doesn't drain any force
- Can't roll multiple times (Not sure if this was intended, but I like to be able to hold down roll and go untill I let go
- Not really a bug, but is it possible that you could list the emotes in /aminfo?

Azymn
05-17-2003, 07:48 PM
- Force Template pages that you have to switch to don't show up until you save one.
- There are some darks in the pure jedi one, light syrup shows up dark, as does white knight. Might do this in other ones, didn't check.

The menus are certainly one of the trickiest things i've dealt with. I'll do my best to get them workin right for the final release.

- Level 4 Jump doesn't drain any force

You have to adjust the jumpmod settings in the forcemod->force powers menu on the main screen.

- Can't roll multiple times (Not sure if this was intended, but I like to be able to hold down roll and go untill I let go

Looking into it...

- Not really a bug, but is it possible that you could list the emotes in /aminfo?

You got it.

Azymn
05-17-2003, 10:46 PM
Squirrel - Can you email me the cfg files that were causing it to crash when you ran them?

Also - have any of you noticed that it crashes when a merc dies?
Or when you use the grapple and jetpack at the same time?

I'm trying to pinpoint the problem, so any thoughts would help.
Thanks.

Classic Luke
05-18-2003, 12:24 AM
Is cloaking identical to mind trick? What i mean is that after an aggressive action a bot will be able to see, even though i am still cloaked. Also, it seems that cloaking, just like mind trick, only works on enemies within my vision because sometimes i will activate cloaking and a bot will turn a corner and see me, hehe, then im dead!
I don't know if making the cloaking affect all players regardless of whether they are in my vision would unbalance the merc classes making the scout superior. In any case, i would wish that cloaking would have an effect on all players; also, i would wish that aggressive actions would not negate the cloaking effect on enemies. To balance these out, perhaps you can decrease the amount of time one may be cloaked, or you can increase the amount of time it takes for the merc bar to regenerate.
Anyways, thank-you for the great mod Azymn, GREAT JOB!!!!

Azymn
05-18-2003, 01:56 AM
Cloaking vs Mindtrick:

- You can attack without penalty while cloaked.
- Cloaking does affects all enemies, regardless of level.
- Cloaked units can be seen by bots at close range (~20 feet-ish), to simulate how human players could see a cloaked merc as well, but they have a reduced chance to hit you accurately.

So Luke, that's probably why they see you, because you're getting close to them. If you keep your distance, you stay cloaked to everyone. Even if they see you, if you move away they will lose track of you.

I'll double-check the distance they can see at to see if it's too far, but see if this new information helps any.

Classic Luke
05-18-2003, 02:58 AM
Ah-ha! That explains it Azymn, thank you friend:))

mariners2001
05-18-2003, 05:03 AM
Looks great Azymn! Big improvement over the previous version!

Like you said I have experienced a mass amount of crashes (the majority with Mercs as you said). The damage scale seems way high but it does make the fights more challenging. The grapple is extremely buggy. There is no grapple-line visible and no swinging, retracting, and detracting...

Everything else is INCREDIBLE!! I love the classes you implemented and the new .cfg's to customize bots. The saber's appearance is vastly improved. The ancient saber is great too. Is there a way to make other blades for the sabers?

A few suggestions:
1) Could you make it so that an invisible blade is possible? This would work great with Gaffi-Stick and Sword mods. However, there would have to be a way to prevent people from running around with invisible blades.
2) I like what you did with the Watto/Maw bots and allow them to hover like they are supposed to. However, could there be a way (possibly another jetpack option?) to remove the jet sounds and the smoke?

rut-wa jodar
05-18-2003, 02:31 PM
I wonder if this suggestion would be viable. Toggable team skins option so FFA skin models can be used in team games.

Bug:
I have noticed in beta3 that even pure jedis have a grapple hook if "G" is pressed during gameplay, has anyone else noticed ?

RenegadeOfPhunk
05-18-2003, 03:03 PM
I'm crashing every single time I start a game. Within about a minute or so.
And I don't seem to be doing anything specific - usually I'm just running along - just about to get into the action :/

Seems really wierd - I've tried messing around with settings to try and track it down, but nothing seemed to make a difference..!

mariners2001
05-18-2003, 06:56 PM
yeah i also wanted to add that I'm getting a mass amount of crashes which is basically making it unplayable... :(

they are random crashes and don't seem to happen at any particular moment.

mort!!!
05-18-2003, 07:04 PM
Wudan says you used a half-gunsit animation for the dual pistols. he also said this causes the pistols to be angled up in an exagerrated way. he has developed an new animation program called gla_neo. Maybe you could fix this problem w/ it.

Get it at: http://users.sisna.com/tokyopop/glatool.zip

Flamehart
05-18-2003, 07:39 PM
Ok, my game crashes randomly too. The grapple works fine with the pull and swing, but there is no line showing where it really is, its very hard to see. I have tried what you told me to, and it still didnt block Lightning and Drain. If you launch Forcemod via the Mod menu, the Forcemod section is labeled "Rules" until you click on it. Bryar starts with 0 ammo (except in Jedi V. Merc mode). Choosing lightsaber and guns gives you no guns and twin sabers.

Classic Luke
05-19-2003, 12:05 AM
I noticed that i can shoot while at the same time rolling. And as stated earlier, choosing to wield both a saber and guns results in you wielding 2 sabers. For the moment, these are things observed:)
Is there a cvar controling saber throw damage btw?

Flamehart
05-19-2003, 12:21 AM
You think that's weird. While doing things like aerial flips or something with your lightsaber on, you can deflect bullets too =P

mariners2001
05-19-2003, 03:50 AM
a couple other notes:
1) two-sabered bots lose their saber 99.9% of the time and instead of just fighting with the other one they wait for the other to be called back (and it never does). this should definitely be fixed. just fight against tavion and you'll see.
2) jetpacked bots don't fly around as much as they did in the earlier beta's. the flamethrower is awesome (i love that bots can use them) but can absorb block it?

bliv
05-19-2003, 05:39 AM
I've not had one crash yet........

rut-wa jodar
05-19-2003, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by bliv
I've not had one crash yet........

Neither have I.

Originally posted by AOTJ_Craig
You think that's weird. While doing things like aerial flips or something with your lightsaber on, you can deflect bullets too =P

That`s a cool bug IMO !

Originally posted by mariners2001
two-sabered bots lose their saber 99.9% of the time and instead of just fighting with the other one they wait for the other to be called back (and it never does). this should definitely be fixed. just fight against tavion and you'll see.

I think the non returnable sabers bug is down to ravens patches but I have noticed it happening a little more often in forcemod 2 Beta3.

Classic Luke
05-19-2003, 10:32 AM
Hmmm, when i've been playin or tryin to play with player-made maps, bespin afl style in particular, my game tends to crash. Also, when i tried to play on the Kektik Verslassner map, the same thing happens. It seems to be a memory issue, for my computer will say something to the effect that forcemod2 has caused an error in unknown. However when playing on maps included with the game i rarely if ever crash. Anyways, playin on the maps included with the game still rocks :)

RenegadeOfPhunk
05-19-2003, 11:15 AM
I was playing on Warring Factions (CTF) when mine's been crashing.

...but that's a good point. I haven't tried any other maps yet. I'll give that a go when I get home...

Classic Luke
05-19-2003, 12:13 PM
Seems to crash when i start a game in a player made map. However, if i start a game in a one of the game's own maps then i call a vote and start a new map (a player-made map), there appears to be no problem.

bliv
05-19-2003, 01:21 PM
I've played on LivingDeadJedi's Sarlacc and the DotF v2.0 maps without any problems.

Azymn
05-19-2003, 04:28 PM
These may prevent the crashes some of you are having:

- If you have two pk3's in your ForceMod_2_beta_f folder, delete the oldest one, 'forceMod_2_beta_f' , and you should be left with only one called forceMod_2.pk3 - then delete your jk2mpconfig from your ForceMod_2_beta_f folder and restart
- make sure f_jmodel is set to "0" - it will crash your machine for sure if it is any another value.
- make sure f_saberdroptime is "1" or greater.
- See if it still crashes if the grapple is never used.
- Try just adding one bot at a time, and playing for a few minutes with that bot before adding another one. Perhaps a specific model is causing the problem

If you have had crashes, please post:

- The character model you were using
- The lightsaber model
- The class (jedi saber type or merc class)
- The map you were playing on
- The bots you were playing with
- Other mods/files you may have in your base directory, or in your ForceMod_2_beta_f directory

And if all of you could please email me your jk2mpconfig.cfg files, especially those who crash alot, and those who haven't had a single crash. I need to compare cvar differences.

I've taken note of every bug you've all reported, and will release an update asap.

KiLLeR_SqUiRReL
05-19-2003, 06:25 PM
i dont know if this has beens said before, but the new dualblades for the dualbladed saber is quite a bit off... if i knew how to post my screenie, i would.

mariners2001
05-19-2003, 08:24 PM
more testing....no crashes this time...hmmm....i was just playing the default maps though

anyway...here's more bug reports:
1) the optic radar no longer works (the illumination of the players doesn't work)
2) the other stances weren't working until I went into the lightsaber menu and checked the original stances...some of those options are misleading. might want to double check on that before final release
3) i was in the middle of a fight with luke and he suddenly used a jetpack. i checked afterwards the .cfg and he had "0" for jetpacks....so something isn't completely right there.

questions/suggestions:
1) what's "critical strike" mean? what's its purpose?
2) what is f_mortalwounds? i set it on "1" and in the middle of fights, the opponent and i would get knocked down. ;)
3) could you somehow change the walking animation so that the saber is upright? this has always bugged me...lol

again...great work! best mod i've ever played!

EDIT: also want to add that

Originally posted by rut-wa jodar
I wonder if this suggestion would be viable. Toggable team skins option so FFA skin models can be used in team games.

i COMPLETELY agree with that idea

mariners2001
05-20-2003, 12:07 AM
OK..here's a crash for you:

MODEL: Boba Fett
LIGHTSABER: No lightsaber
CLASS: Merc-Bounty Hunter
MAP: High Dive of the NRG Map Pack
BOTS: Jango Fett (bounty hunter), Ogiko (jedi)
MODS: Han Solo's pistol.

It happened after about 5-10 minutes of playing and happened completely out of no where. No one died right as this happened or anything. Just blasting away at Ogiko in cover with my Stormtrooper Rifle while Jango was flying around blasting at everyone. Very strange...

EDIT- And another:

MODEL: Mace Windu
LIGHTSABER: Mace Windu's
CLASS: Jedi-True Light
MAP: Acid Storage Facility
BOTS: Jango Fett (bounty hunter), Boba Fett (bounty hunter)
MODS: Han Solo's pistol.

Azymn
05-20-2003, 03:42 AM
mariners2001, excellent data on the crash, thank you.

I'll address the bug solutions in the next email i send out, which will also include a link to an updated final beta.

But, to answer questions:
Q: Is there a way to make other blades for the sabers?
A: Yes, anyone can skin any of the 8 blades by altering the files in
gfx\effects\sabers
So, you could change just a few to add some other favorites in. Even if other machines don't have the same files as you, it won't affect their appearance on your machine.

Q: Could you make it so that an invisible blade is possible? This would work great with Gaffi-Stick and Sword mods.
A: Perhaps i could make the Gaffi stick blade itself invisible, but i won't extend the option to players b/c abuse would inevitably ensue.

Q: I like what you did with the Watto/Maw bots and allow them to hover like they are supposed to. However, could there be a way (possibly another jetpack option?) to remove the jet sounds and the smoke?
A: Sorry, i forgot to update the fm_classes.cfg up top, but setting the jetpack to "5" will disable the FX and the sound, effectively giving you a flying creature.

Q: the flamethrower is awesome (i love that bots can use them) but can absorb block it?
A: Yes, i thought i'd fixed that but on 2nd inspection, it's a bug.

Q:i was in the middle of a fight with luke and he suddenly used a jetpack. i checked afterwards the .cfg and he had "0" for jetpacks....so something isn't completely right there.
A: Well, the cfg only specifies the type of jetpack, not whether or not they can use it. That must be set thru the menus, under jetpack.

Q: what's "critical strike" mean? what's its purpose?
A: "Critical Strike" is a special, double-damage attack the HotShot can do that occurs randomly while fighting, to simulate a lucky shot penetrating the armor or something. The print out is accidentally sent to the target right now, but it will only show up if you are playing as a HotShot and perform the critical strike.

Q: what is f_mortalwounds?
A: When set to 1, any successful attack to the legs will injure a standing opponent, knocking them down. Currently, that is all it does.

Q: I have noticed in beta3 that even pure jedis have a grapple hook if "G" is pressed during gameplay, has anyone else noticed ?
A: The grapple is available to characters as specified in the mercmod menu. When set to 1, anyone can use it, regardless of gametype.

Q: Is there a cvar controling saber throw damage btw?
A: Not right now. Perhaps i'll add one - do the mercs get rocked by that attack too often?

Classic Luke
05-20-2003, 04:49 AM
I am having trouble accessing Desaan's and tavions stances right now. Currently, I have f_skillstances = 1, mod_extraStances= 1, mod_allStances = 1. Perhaps I am missing a cvar i need to adjust ?
As for saber throw, it seems that as long as the merc is within range to cause a jedi to throw his saber, it usually means instant death for the merc, as once it is thrown, it is virtually unavoidable. With more than 3 or 4 bots with saber throw, it seemed hard for me to even register a kill for if i was not in saber-throwing range of one jedi, i would be in the range of another:( Hehe, maybe i suck at being a merc, :)

edit:
Also, i think drain seems to affect the mobile battery, as i couldn't jetpack when a bot was draining me:(

Azymn
05-20-2003, 05:04 AM
make sure you have cf_single set to "0" - it's called "Single Stances: Original 3 stances" in the forcemod->player menu.

It does seem the mercs need some counter to saber throw:
I was thinking of reducing the damage by 1/5 if they roll while getting hit....any other ideas?

edit: Drain does affect the battery, but it's half as effective in depleting it. I'll make it even less effective for this next round.

mort!!!
05-20-2003, 11:41 AM
did anyone even take notice of my pistol angle post on pg1?

Azymn
05-20-2003, 03:06 PM
Yeah, i talked to Wudan about it - he may be able to tweak an animation for it (he said he'd try), but he does have other projects at hand that he needs to work on. So we'll see what happens.
Until then, everyone will point their guns slightly upward.

mort!!!
05-20-2003, 11:13 PM
could you make an on/off toggle for the destructibility of jetpacks?

Azymn
05-20-2003, 11:39 PM
set f_jetpackbreak to 0 and they can't break.

Azymn
05-21-2003, 02:27 AM
These bugs should be fixed in this next release i just emailed all of you about:

- Random crashes caused by client/server miscommunication fixed.
- Bryar pistol now starts with ammo if jediVmerc is off
- Starting with jediVmerc off will no longer spawn you with twosabers bug
- mod_grapple settings will properly limit grapple to correct classes
- grapple now has a line drawn
- jetpack FX can now be selected midgame
- altered glow on blades 4-6
- Can no longer absorb flamethrower attack
- disabled seeker droids for pure saber bots
- fixed bug that prevented continuous rolling
- Drain's effectiveness against the merc battery lowered more
- added emote: crossarms
- added emote command list to /aminfo
- Saber Stance cycle should be fixed.

I hope i got all the bugs you mentioned...
Also, for those of you who are dying to see a saber break or split, i altered the f_saberbreak cvar: 3-100 is %chance to break saber on ANY hit.
So if you set f_saberbreak to 100, you will break their special saber 100% of the time if you hit them with your saber, even it you just hit their pinky toe.

Classic Luke
05-21-2003, 05:44 AM
Great update Azymn!!!
However, i have problems using the gaffi stick. I downloaded the dragon remix weapons pack with the gaffi, but when i started up my game, my bots had invisible sabers, until i was close enough to engage em in combat. When i picked the gaffi to use, i can see the blade on it :(
Also, i noticed as i was playing as a hotshot, i noticed that i was able to dodge lightning and drain at times. I am unsure if this is intended or not. :)

rut-wa jodar
05-21-2003, 02:05 PM
Is anyone else experiencing game crashing with the latest beta when using custom model/bots ??

I have no crashes if I load the level then add the bots but adding bots before loading the level crashes the game sometimes.

I like the fixes you have made BTW ! Azymn :D

Azymn
05-21-2003, 03:47 PM
Classic Luke:
The dragon remix weapons pack is not compatible with ForceMod II - Covax could update his files relatively easy, but as of now they will actually interfere with basic forcemod FX - such as the sabers. You could contact him and send him the ForceMod 2 beta with your request. He's a nice guy, he'd probably do it.
Dodging lightning, eh? I'll look into that. :)

rut-wa jodar:
It could be a specific bot file that's crashing - if it has a script but no botinfo, it will crash...You can see by adding each bot in your list until one crashes. It might take awhile, but it could save you headaches in the future.
Also, make sure the only pk3 in your ForceMod_2 directory is called ForceMod_2_beta_f2.pk3.

rut-wa jodar
05-21-2003, 04:29 PM
Tried that Azymn

It does seem to be a bot problem but I had no problems with your previous beta. I will double check and let you know.

JerAir
05-21-2003, 04:30 PM
my grapple doesn't work, it won't save changes, and when i play with the bot TK-421 it starts laying sentrys everywhere! it seems to have an unlimited amount! but everything else works out great so far

Azymn
05-21-2003, 05:04 PM
rut-wa: Did you change your merc files for the original system on how we made mercs? That might cause complications (though it shouldn't)
Also, if you know how to edit pk3's, you can replace your botfiles\bots.txt with this one: http://forcemod.aotctc.com/files/bots.txt
and see it that helps. I just uploaded the beta with the fixed botfile too, if you'd rather just re-download the whole thing (same link).

JerAir: What doesn't work about the grapple? Are there any messages at the top left of the screen telling you what is wrong?
What changes doesn't it save?
There's a file in your current pk3 that makes Tk-421 a heavy soldier, who can lay down as many sentry guns as he wants. You can change this by setting f_multisentry to "0" to turn it off, or to whatever # you'd prefer his max to be.

rut-wa jodar
05-21-2003, 07:40 PM
My Apologies Azymn

The crash WAS caused by a missing bot jkb file.
silly me :rolleyes:

Azymn
05-21-2003, 07:47 PM
Actually, i must apologize: unless you've downloaded the beta after this post, there is a scripts folder in your forcemod_2_beta_f2.pk3 with a "mercs.bot" script in it.
It WILL cause your system to crash if you add the bots referenced in it and don't have them on your computer: han solo and jango fett.

Just download it again from the same link i posted before in the email, for the beta 2 release.

Mace_Windu21
05-21-2003, 10:11 PM
I d/l the final beta v2, and whatever I do, I can't use the blue, yellow, and red saber syles! I can use the green and purple stances with single, dual, and twin sabers, but cant get the other styles. (If you fix this, I want to know how to use the green and purple styles in addition to the blue, yellow, and red styles while using a sigle-bladed saber). Thanks!

(Waiting dumbfounded, waiting for Azymn to reply)
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Classic Luke
05-21-2003, 10:37 PM
I went to the players menu and there i put down original 3 stances in one of the options, then i was able to use red, blue, and yellow stances. As for using all 5 stances at once, I myself am stumped as well. Anyways, hope this helps :)

rut-wa jodar
05-22-2003, 06:19 AM
just a quick question Azymn

Is their a respawn time command that could be used with your mod so bots/players have to wait for a set period of time until they can rejoin the game.

BTW! have you considered my suggestion about an option to disable team skin colours ?

I noticed bot_honourableduelacceptance bug is still present (bots still turn on/off sabers alot with cvar enabled)

Azymn
05-22-2003, 07:06 AM
I just uploaded final beta 3 (if there are 11 'final' fantasys, it's okay to have multiple 'final' betas, right? :) )
Check your emails for the link.

Updates:
- Saber stance problem
- Animations after coming out of roll with a gun tweaked (thanks for the tip Wudan)
- cvar_list.txt is updated and complete
- bogus bot scripts removed
- bots.txt edited to prevent forced classes for base models

rut-wa: There's not a command for that, and i'm afraid time is too short to add it now. I will consider adding the team color skins disabler, but I wanna make sure everything else is stable before i add any more new features.

Classic Luke
05-22-2003, 06:53 PM
With the new update, i noticed that sometimes players with sabers would be stuck hunched forward in a defensive postion. I've also, seen a bot use lightning while in this postion, his hands never extending to shoot the lightning. Also, there seems to be less animations for blocking lightning, drain, and blaster fire in this version than the last. The player remains in this one pose, hunched over with saber held defensively to the front while blocking blater fire. Also, for the bounty hunter class, when remaining still, the animations for the flame gauntlet are present, but when they move and use the flame gauntlet there are no animations present. It looks as if the flames are coming from their guns. Other than these problems, the update is near-perfect :)

Azymn
05-22-2003, 07:49 PM
Classic Luke:
I know exactly what's causing the animation problems...they'll be fixed soon.
There's one other significant bug that's been brought to my attention, and a few exploits i'm going to fix.

rut-wa: Are the bugs you posted still not working? Or why did you delete the post? :)

mariners2001
05-22-2003, 09:34 PM
yeah the animations in the newest update are very buggy....they are very slow and get locked in defensive positions...

btw, while we're talking animations...is there a way to change the default walking with sabers animations so the sabers are upright?

Azymn
05-22-2003, 09:57 PM
i believe the animation you're looking for is possible, b/c the torso animations and leg animations are conveniently separated.

I doubt i'll have the time to make that change properly, but i'll look at it anyway.

mariners2001
05-23-2003, 03:38 AM
i just downloaded the fixed version you recently uploaded....it looks near perfect...the main bug i see is the grapple which doesn't do much...it has no retraction or detraction...and swinging is limited...this is the only problem i see.. (which is a good thing)

great job! i think it may be about ready for the public!

PS. That'd be great if you could fix that walking animation! Thanks for all the support!

Azymn
05-23-2003, 04:23 AM
Hehe, mariners2001 is pretty quick - i hadn't even posted that it was up. :)

Yeah, if you all re-download release3 with the same link given in the email, it should have the animation problems solved, and a few other optimizations cHoSeN-oNe pointed out.

And bot AI was improved for the jetpack, so they should use it in battle now more often.

BTW - If you could all try this out on your machines:

1) Create a Dedicated Server
2) Start up a client on the same machine and join the server.
3) Click "Setup" when in game.

This has caused a freeze-up on a certain tester's computer. Please let me know if it does the same on your own.

Littleman206
05-23-2003, 07:09 AM
Yeah It's fixed now but when I first started playing the bots would all use jet packs. Well all the merc ones atleast. I set it to mandalorian mercs only for bots and players and they still used them. I had to edit the .cfg to fix it up, which I didnt mind doin ut your askin for bugs so there ya go.
Also the grappling hook looks fine, I can see it all but it isnt working right. The retract and antonym of retract(cant remember the word) dont work and the swinging seems to have gotten a bit messed up.
My game never crashes by the way and I can hold down crouch and keep going. Couple requests, could you ban mercs from "force flipping" onto there feet after being pushed or pulled over, and could you tweak the flying animationa little, just so the characters arms arent out sideways. All the menu's work fine with me, theres the force saving problem but I don mind. If possible, could you make it when you fall on people from a reasonable height, under any circumstance (force jump, turning off your jet pack, just jumpingoff a cliff) the person is knocked odwn like in single player. Maybe if your a merc you can fall over to as there not as agile as a jedi.
BTW this mod rules! Love the acrobatics, and saber blade selection, they all look so much better then the original. GREAT WORK!!!!

mort!!!
05-23-2003, 11:22 AM
Last night, I got beta 3 for myself. my only questions are:

-how do you stop the idle hand waving animations when dual pistols are at rest? they make models look drunk

-how is the pistol angle thing coming w/ wudan?

Azymn
05-23-2003, 03:22 PM
- I'll double check the jetpack limitations...i think they're broken for human players too.
- The grappling hook is a bit glitchy; i've had a tough time getting that thing right, b/c it shares a variable that's also used by the disruptor, among other things.

Q: how do you stop the idle hand waving animations when dual pistols are at rest? they make models look drunk
A: I can freeze them in place, but the right hand points the gun down towards the center and the left gun points forward, so either way, it's not pretty. Perhaps it would be better to just freeze it though.

Q: how is the pistol angle thing coming w/ wudan?
A: I haven't spoken to him for a day or two, but one problem is that adding that single frame of animation would increase the size of the mod by 10 MB, b/c of a file we'd have to include. This, and other complications with getting the animation in-game leads me to believe it's not gonna happen.

Have any of you tried the dedicated server bug i've explained above? Please report back with your results.

Classic Luke
05-23-2003, 06:18 PM
Hmm, i'm not sure if im doin this correctly. I put under dedicated server LAN or internet, then when i go to start the game, it stays in console and all i see are text as to what the bots do and also, what they say; no picture. Am i doin this correctly?

Azymn
05-23-2003, 06:21 PM
You are doing it correctly. Once it goes to the console, start up another jk2 game, and join the server on your own machine.

Classic Luke
05-23-2003, 06:31 PM
Hehe, after thinking about your request it finally registered in my head, hehe. Nope no crashes here, i was able to join it np:)

Azymn
05-23-2003, 06:32 PM
And could you go to the setup menu in game with no problems?

Classic Luke
05-23-2003, 07:19 PM
Yep, I just tried it again. I was able to access the setup menu np:)

Azymn
05-23-2003, 07:21 PM
Schweet. :)

Will everyone else please try the same thing Classic Luke just did?
Thanks.

mort!!!
05-23-2003, 08:32 PM
could you make the animations in a separate d/l for anyone who cares?

rut-wa jodar
05-23-2003, 08:57 PM
Schweet. :)

Will everyone else please try the same thing Classic Luke just did?
Thanks.

No problems here Azymn :thumbsup:

mariners2001
05-23-2003, 09:03 PM
yeah seems to work fine here too...

so to wrap it up...here are the only bugs/issues i've seen left:
1) the dual blasters (not pistols) are gone....i miss them
2) can't seem to have all 5 stances at once...i don't mind though
3) the grapple can't retract or detract...can't swing very well
4) the walking stances are blah (but that's raven/lucasart's fault)
5) there is a map limit display, bot list limit and still a model limit (though not as restricted)

also...here's one thing i've always wondered....can you make the bot addition menu a pull-down with a list of all the bots instead of having to browse one-by-one across them?

absolutely a great mod! i just got done playing this with a friend against some bots....some of the funnest JK2 playing ever! this is the best mod! once it's released...it will definitely help people get by until jedi academy....i hope you can continue forcemod into there too!!!

Azymn
05-23-2003, 09:21 PM
mort!!!! - If Wudan makes those anims, we will release them as a separate download.

Well, i'm going to assume the ded serv bug is not a universal bug, and proceed with a few last minute changes.

1) the dual blasters (not pistols) are gone....i miss them
- I

2) can't seem to have all 5 stances at once...i don't mind though
- For reasons of stability, you can only have all 5 stances if you have a single-bladed saber. If there's a huge demand, i'll make it possible to re-enable.

3) the grapple can't retract or detract...can't swing very well
- I will tinker with the grapple a bit more, but it will likely end up much as it behaves now, for reasons i won't go into. :)

4) the walking stances are blah (but that's raven/lucasart's fault)
- :)

5) there is a map limit display, bot list limit and still a model limit (though not as restricted)
- Did you reach another cap with the models?

"also...here's one thing i've always wondered....can you make the bot addition menu a pull-down with a list of all the bots instead of having to browse one-by-one across them?"
- Hehe, actually if you look at the AddBot menu, you'll see that it's a little bigger than normal. I tried to make a listbox for the bots last September, but was wasting too much time on it and decided to try to make dualguns instead...

mariners2001
05-23-2003, 09:29 PM

- Did you reach another cap with the models?

Yeah...it's a lot higher but I noticed some of the default models were missing...

"also...here's one thing i've always wondered....can you make the bot addition menu a pull-down with a list of all the bots instead of having to browse one-by-one across them?"
- Hehe, actually if you look at the AddBot menu, you'll see that it's a little bigger than normal. I tried to make a listbox for the bots last September, but was wasting too much time on it and decided to try to make dualguns instead...

Good call! ;)
Lol, so that's why the bot box is bigger....thanks for trying anyway...you are one hell of an editor!

EDIT:
I just tried the deticated again and I couldn't find my server in the list....might be my problem though...

EDIT#2:
The butterfly and aerial animations are very slow...could they possibly be sped up?

Classic Luke
05-24-2003, 03:56 AM
I was wonderin if it were possible to increase the total amount of emotional attachments a bot can have? Right now, the limit is only 4:(

Also, to mariners2001, i entered my ip address into the add favorites option when u pick to join a server. Then, i change the type (i think) to favorites, and then that is how i was able to log onto my dedicated server:)
To get your ip address, click on the Start button on windows bottom left corner, then under run option type in command. This should bring up an MS-DOS window. In the window type in ipconfig and boom, your ip address will be listed:)

Padawan_7
05-24-2003, 03:53 PM
Azymn,

Let me start off by saying I think Forcemod II is going to fantastic! I love the merc abilities. And it is very impressive seeing and playing against bots that fly with the jetpack and shoot at me with two pistols. The class system is great and I think the mod itself has a solid foundation. However, the mod currently has many bugs. Here is what I could find. (Note: I have two versions of JKII installed, one with user-made models, maps, and skins, and one that is basic JKII. I ran Forcemod on both and there didn't seem to be any discrepancies in the following bugs).

Bugs:

Grapple does not extent or retract.

Grapple hook falls to the ground when it touches a wall or ceiling.

Once on the floor, the grapple hook occasionally will not disappear. (A rare occurrence.)

When the Grapple is set to "Mercs only", Jedi can still use it.

When the Grapple is set to "Jedi only", mercs can still use it.

When you use the Shield Recharger, the icon at the bottom left has a transparent green box around it.

On the Scout class descriptions on the "Player Configuration" menu, the line "Weapons:Sniper Rifle" is missing a space in it. (After the colon and before 'Sniper'.)

With "Dual Firearms" set to "Special Mercs only" I can play as a Heavy Soldier and still use two pistols (the same goes for Heavy Soldier bots).

Anytime I start a server and join as any of the 5 mercs, I start with the Stun Baton.

If you switch class Mid-game to a 1. Scout - you spawn holding a Thermal Detonator, 2. Bounty Hunter - you spawn holding a Blaster, 3. Heavy Soldier - you spawn holding a Rocket Launcher, 4. Hot Shot - you spawn holding a Blaster, 5. Trooper - you spawn holding a Detonation Pack. (I think all classes should start with pistols for safety and consistency.)

Level 4 force powers do not work, even thought they are enabled in the menu. (Whenever I allot force points to a level 4 power I respawn with NO force powers.)

Sometimes when spawning as a Jedi you can't switch lightsaber stances.

Sometimes when spawning as a Jedi I will have no force powers, or even rarer, spontaneously chosen force powers that are not reflected in the force powers menu.

Sometimes when dying as a Jedi with the above lightsaber and force power bugs occurring, the game will take me to the "Player Configuration" menu. Then when I select 'Join' it says that I "May not switch teams more than once per 5 seconds".

I followed a Scout bot in spectator view... they do not use cloak, even though it is enabled.

I played against a Scout bot in a dual map... it used the Disruptor until the ammo was gone, then used Thermal Detonators until they were gone, then used the Pistol until the ammo was gone, and then finally switched to the Stun Baton. (In short, the Scout bot will not use Ammo Regeneration, even through it was enabled).

I did the same as above with a Heavy Soldier bot... same result with the Heavy Soldier's respective weapons.

I did the same as above with both a Hot Shot bot and a Trooper bot... they didn't seem to run out of ammo after a good amount of firing (although they ended up getting killed because my saber would eventually reflect their blaster shots back to them - so I'm not totally sure).

The model icon limit is 100 (no more).

Even though the menu saves my rgb saber settings, every time I start the game fresh the saber starts out white.

Wall jumps made by running face front into the wall does not work, even though I have level 3 force jump.

Dualphase lightsabers do not work, even though they are enabled in the menu. (I inspected Force Mod's config. file and the cvar "g_enableextended" is nowhere to be seen.)

Padawan_7

P.S. I've got some suggestions about a few things that I'll type up later when I get the chance.

mariners2001
05-24-2003, 04:13 PM
yeah.......what he said......

Padawan_7
05-25-2003, 02:05 AM
My computer doesn't freeze when going into the setup menu after creating a dedicated server and then joining it. So, no problems there.

More Bugs:

After spawning into a game where "Jedi vs. Merc" is set to "Basic", the first time you access the "Player Configuration" menu, the class descriptions will be messed up.

Dual Pistols do not have a 'ready' position and the single pistol does, but not like basic JKII. In basic JKII you can walk around with your pistol in a 'ready' position until you walk up or down stairs or jump. Currently, in ForceMod the single pistol's 'ready' position drops as soon as you move.

When the grapple hits a person it prints on the screen "hook hit person?". This, I suppose, was used for testing the grapple, but that message should be removed.

Any time I start a game it prints on the screen in a strait line "Welcome to our ForceMod II serverMay not switch teams more than once per 5 seconds."

Suggestions:

In the "Configure ForceMod" menu the settings under "Lightsaber Integrity" read "Saber-Only Jedi", "Saber-Only Jedi (Locked)", "Changeable", "Locked until Respawn". But to be more descriptive "Changeable" should read "Changeable with Guns".

In the "Configure ForceMod" menu the settings under "SaberType" are "Breakable", "Splittable (Dualblade)", etc. But to be more descriptive "Splittable (Dualblade)" should read "Breakable and Splittable". (However, I'm not sure there is room for it).

When held in the double bladed lightsaber Green stance (standing still), the tips of the default, ep. I and ep. II blades definitely look flat. Then for the ep. III blade, although the blade really narrows, it still looks a little flat. And then for the ep. IV blade, although the blade is fat the tip still looks a little flat. Episode V and VI look fine. I don't really do skinning, but I'm thinking that if all the blade tips look fine in the other stances, but flat in this one position (resting position of the green stance), it might be because those sabers (default, I, II, III, and IV) are a little longer than V and VI and appear flat at that particular perspective.

In the cvar list is says that for "f_unspambots" the higher the number the less the bots spam force powers. Stupid question: does a 0 cause this feature to be turned off? (It doesn't specify that in the cvar list description).

I like the cvar "f_mortalwounds" but it seems that the players get knocked down way too much with it on. So maybe instead of causing a fall due to being shot in the leg, make it so that 1/4 of the shots in the leg causes a fall.

In the ForceMod Model Class Config. it says that a 2 = Dual Thrust and a 4 = Dual Thrust (No Model). What's the difference between the two? (The description doesn't really specify).

The Optic Radar's range seems a little too short to me.

The Jet Pack's ascend rate seem a little slow, but it is okay.

The Shield Regeneration rate is too slow. It causes the Shield Regenerator to be less effective than it should, in my opinion. Maybe you could add a cvar for this?

The grapple moves a bit too fast. After it connects to a wall or ceiling you don't really have a whole lot of time to stop the grapple from reeling you in (making it difficult to perform swings).

I don't know if this is possible, but it would be cool to have the lightsaber surrounded with the electricity effect (the same that players have when they are shocked) as the saber blocks lightning and drain. But this probably would surround the saber's hilt as well, and thus the player's hand. So, maybe that's not a good idea after all. :p

Padawan_7

rut-wa jodar
05-25-2003, 06:43 AM
I just uploaded final beta 3 (if there are 11 'final' fantasys, it's okay to have multiple 'final' betas, right? :) )
Check your emails for the link.

Updates:
- Saber stance problem
- Animations after coming out of roll with a gun tweaked (thanks for the tip Wudan)
- cvar_list.txt is updated and complete
- bogus bot scripts removed
- bots.txt edited to prevent forced classes for base models

rut-wa: There's not a command for that, and i'm afraid time is too short to add it now. I will consider adding the team color skins disabler, but I wanna make sure everything else is stable before i add any more new features.

Azymn !
I`m really grateful for all the fixes and updates you have done during the beta testing of this mod. I don`t want to sound pushy but can you give me updated info on the following questions.

1) Have you decided to add a Team colour disable Cvar
2) Have you been able to fix bots constantly switching their sabers on and off if Bot_honourableduelacceptance cvar is set to 1.

BTW ! Thank you for the the honour of being able to test this outstanding Mod :rock:

mariners2001
05-25-2003, 08:20 PM

2) Have you been able to fix bots constantly switching their sabers on and off if Bot_honourableduelacceptance cvar is set to 1

Yeah...I was about to ask the same thing...those features would be great..

Flamehart
05-25-2003, 08:22 PM
Azymn, please check your email regarding my bug report (emailed it cuz forums were down when I got the bugs)

-It retracts, just not on your own will ;)

Grapple hook falls to the ground when it touches a wall or ceiling.
- Haven't had that problem

Once on the floor, the grapple hook occasionally will not disappear. (A rare occurrence.)
-Haven't had that problem either :confused:

When the Grapple is set to "Mercs only", Jedi can still use it.
-I'll have to try that

When the Grapple is set to "Jedi only", mercs can still use it.
-That too

Level 4 force powers do not work, even thought they are enabled in the menu. (Whenever I allot force points to a level 4 power I respawn with NO force powers.)
-Works fine on my end

Sometimes when spawning as a Jedi you can't switch lightsaber stances
- Heh, yeah, had that happen myself.

That's all I got to comment on Padawan's post regarding my opinion (im not scrutinizing you or anything, just posting my opinions on the bugs ur reporting)

Classic Luke
05-26-2003, 10:29 PM
When i goto first person and have dual firearms, i noticed that the top half of the second gun (the one on my left) appears only. This is reallly no big deal though, just thought i'd let ya know. :)
Also, please, if possible can you increase the number of bots emotional attachments to like 8 (anything above the set-limit of 4 would be nice:))

Azymn
05-27-2003, 05:12 AM
I attempted to address every bug you all reported, so if you see repeats just lemme know.
Just redownload it again from the same link as beta3.

Fixes:
- client ip's logged on connect
- Fixed flat look of tips for Ep 1-4 sabers
- max ~# of bot emotional attachments increased from 4 to 8
- "Jedi vs Merc is not compatible with..." message display occasions fixed
- mod_grapple settings will properly limit grapple to correct classes
- Merc bots should now use ammo regen properly
- Jedi bots should use mindtrick against mercs with optic radar now
- Bot jetpack use improved
- menu texts updated
- cvar_list.txt updated

To answer just a few questions that aren't covered (sorry my answers are short...gotta run):

The butterfly and aerial animations are very slow...could they possibly be sped up?
- Afraid not

In the ForceMod Model Class Config. it says that a 2 = Dual Thrust and a 4 = Dual Thrust (No Model). What's the difference between the two? (The description doesn't really specify).
- Right now, no difference.

- Added some code for it, there are complications that may prevent it's implementation.
2) Have you been able to fix bots constantly switching their sabers on and off if Bot_honourableduelacceptance cvar is set to 1.
- Tried to...haven't been able to test it yet.

Classic Luke
05-27-2003, 08:28 AM
When i started up a game with the new update, i am having trouble with the tck_sabers. I can't seem to set any color to my saber:( Nor do the saber skins work either:( the bots i use though have their proper saber colors on:)
However, despite these problems, i'd say WOW GJ Azymn:)

rut-wa jodar
05-27-2003, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Classic Luke
When i started up a game with the new update, i am having trouble with the tck_sabers. I can't seem to set any color to my saber:( Nor do the saber skins work either:( the bots i use though have their proper saber colors on:)
However, despite these problems, i'd say WOW GJ Azymn:)

Same here !
In addition Bots stuck using singlesaber stances for dual + twin sabers bug has returned
At least the Bot_duel bug seems to be fixed.

Littleman206
05-27-2003, 09:37 AM
Padawan, would you stop winging, heres a bunch of the bugs you reported, and they're all bull****.

Originally posted by Padawan_7

When you use the Shield Recharger, the icon at the bottom left has a transparent green box around it.

On the Scout class descriptions on the "Player Configuration" menu, the line "Weapons:Sniper Rifle" is missing a space in it. (After the colon and before 'Sniper'.)

With "Dual Firearms" set to "Special Mercs only" I can play as a Heavy Soldier and still use two pistols (the same goes for Heavy Soldier bots).

Anytime I start a server and join as any of the 5 mercs, I start with the Stun Baton.

If you switch class Mid-game to a 1. Scout - you spawn holding a Thermal Detonator, 2. Bounty Hunter - you spawn holding a Blaster, 3. Heavy Soldier - you spawn holding a Rocket Launcher, 4. Hot Shot - you spawn holding a Blaster, 5. Trooper - you spawn holding a Detonation Pack. (I think all classes should start with pistols for safety and consistency.)

I did the same as above with both a Hot Shot bot and a Trooper bot... they didn't seem to run out of ammo after a good amount of firing (although they ended up getting killed because my saber would eventually reflect their blaster shots back to them - so I'm not totally sure).

Even though the menu saves my rgb saber settings, every time I start the game fresh the saber starts out white.

Wall jumps made by running face front into the wall does not work, even though I have level 3 force jump.

Padawan_7

[/B]

Grapple not extending or retracting, Azymn's said he's working on this a million times, stop repeating everyone else.

Shield recharge has a transparent green box. THATS NOT A BUG!!! It's just the icon you dumbass.

No space between "weapons:Sniper Rifle" Who cares, you can still see what weapons your getting, why does it matter AT ALL?

Dual firearms, special mercs only. Heavy soldiers are one of therse special mercs! It says in there weapons dual pistols!!! It's not a bug if its MEANt to be that way.

Start with a stun baton, who cares. Cycle to the next weapon(s) and your fine.

Switching mercs gets you starting with different weapons, its becasueit their highest powered weapon. Who cares, same solution as above, change guns!!!

Troopers have unlimited ammo, it says that in their description. Thats why he/she never ran out.

It does save our colours, default is just white. all you need to do is go into the TCK saber menu for literally a split second so it refreshes your saber to those settings. No dramas there.

Double tap for front on wall run.

Sorry if I insulted you as I'm sure I have, but complain about something important and actually check the stuff your complaining about.

mariners2001
05-27-2003, 02:29 PM
he was just trying to help out....chill out....it's just a game ;)

anyway, azmyn, the sabers are bugging out on me too and I noticed a few other things seemed to be missing from the menu(extended blades and breakable %)

Azymn
05-27-2003, 03:12 PM
I tried to fix the saber blades so they would be saved differently, because they should load at startup. Check in your jk2mpconfig.cfg to see if tck_red1, tck_green1... are being saved in there.

Littleman206 - While you are correct on many of your points, it's important for me to know how other people who aren't familiar with this mod will perceive it. It's fine to point the stuff out, but try a more diplomatic approach next time. :)

Padawan_7 - I attempted to address the bugs you listed in your posts. Lemme know which ones are still occuring.

mariners2001 - I have removed extended sabers from the menu b/c it is unlikely i will get them implemented in the final release, and they're easily had by editing the tckmodel.cfg file for the character that would have them. And the % chance to break-a-blade on any hit is a bit too strong, and will be reserved for those who like experimenting with cvars, as it was never intended to be that easy a the base ForceMod game. That way there will be fewer servers who have people losing their special blades after one hit. :)

Padawan_7
05-27-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Littleman206
Padawan, would you stop winging, heres a bunch of the bugs you reported, and they're all bull****.

Grapple not extending or retracting, Azymn's said he's working on this a million times, stop repeating everyone else.

I wouldn't know what the other people were saying ... I just joined the beta testing team. ;)

Shield recharge has a transparent green box. THATS NOT A BUG!!! It's just the icon you dumbass.

It is a bug, of sorts... none of the other icons have a box surrounding them. To me, a person who HAS done some graphic designs before, the icon appears as if the surrounding area was filled with a color that was close in appearance to the transparent color but was simple NOT the transparent color.

No space between "weapons:Sniper Rifle" Who cares, you can still see what weapons your getting, why does it matter AT ALL?

That's a mistake, none the less.

Dual firearms, special mercs only. Heavy soldiers are one of therse special mercs! It says in there weapons dual pistols!!! It's not a bug if its MEANt to be that way.

Actually, it says in BOTH the in-game menu and the ForceMod website that Bounty Hunters have dual pistols as their default special ability... and Heavy Soldiers do NOT. And in the ForceMod menu there is no "Bounty Hunters only" option. The closest thing was the option "Special Mercs Only". So, I would assume that it means Bounty Hunters.

Start with a stun baton, who cares. Cycle to the next weapon(s) and your fine.

Switching mercs gets you starting with different weapons, its becasueit their highest powered weapon. Who cares, same solution as above, change guns!!!

Actually, some people do care. I know on professionally made fps with class systems (not meaning that Azymn is not professional ;) ... just referring to a game that you pay money for) like the Elite Force Expansion Pack, all players that spawn with rocket launchers and grenade launchers always start with the standard phaser in hand. I know it's not a earth shattering bug. But, then again, it's a bug, none the less.

Troopers have unlimited ammo, it says that in their description. Thats why he/she never ran out.

I know that. If you had read my post carefully enough, you would have seen that I had tested the Scout and Heavy Trooper classes and they would NOT use ammo regeneration. I was just merely stating that I thought that maybe the Trooper was indeed working correctly, although I wasn't totally sure since they ended up killing themselves. ;)

It does save our colours, default is just white. all you need to do is go into the TCK saber menu for literally a split second so it refreshes your saber to those settings. No dramas there.

As I had stated above "Even though the menu saves my rgb saber settings, every time I start the game fresh the saber starts out white." That IS a bug.

Double tap for front on wall run.

Yes, I know that. I've played JKII EXTENSIVELY since the first week it came out. For some reason or another it just was not working... no matter what force settings I applied.

Sorry if I insulted you as I'm sure I have, but complain about something important and actually check the stuff your complaining about.

Well, you have a right to your opinion about me. I'm not going to hate you for it. I do think you shouldn't be so quick to judge. I have done beta testing for this community before and I am somewhat of a perfectionist... I was only trying to call them how I seen them. :)

Padawan_7

Classic Luke
05-27-2003, 05:57 PM
Hmmm, I looked into the jk2mpconfig and i see that the tck_rgb values are all at 50 :(
Also, just as you said, when i set the tck rgb colors up and go back in game, then i return to the tck menu, the rgb values are reset at 50 again:(
However, I must thank-you for increasing the bot emotional attachments to 8 :)) Almost there Azymn!! :)

edit: I found out how to SET SABER COLORS for now guys!!!
After thinking about what you said about saber colors loading at startup, I decided to put my desired tck_rgb into my autoexec file and IT WORKED!!! Now if only i knew the command for the saber skins :)))

Littleman206
05-27-2003, 10:59 PM
Padawan, although I dont expect you to believe me or accept it, I'm sorry. I'm an ******* naturally, 'd had a ****ty day, I triedx to kill my brother was pissed off about being a piece of **** and took it out on you, sorry.

Padawan_7
05-27-2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Littleman206
Padawan, although I dont expect you to believe me or accept it, I'm sorry.

Littleman206, I believe you and I totally accept your apology. No hard feelings. :)

Padawan_7

Azymn
05-28-2003, 12:23 AM
Those of you whose saber colors reset everytime:
Check to see if there are two pk3s in the ForceMod folder, and if so delete the one ending in "beta_f3.pk3".
Lemme know if this is/isn't the problem.

Classic Luke
05-28-2003, 12:42 AM
Nope, just checked now my forcemod folder. Seems the tck_menus reset whenever I go back to the tck menu:(

Azymn
05-28-2003, 04:49 AM
Just uploaded a newer version, same link.

Lots of little fixes i won't list, so it's okay to list things you've already listed before b/c i probably missed them.

The file "cvar_list.txt" is now in it's final version (including a list of clientside cvars), so if you see any typos/errors/questions lemme know.

rut-wa jodar
05-28-2003, 06:12 AM
TCK_colour menu blades still don`t display custom blade colours and twin/dual blade stances still locked in single blade blue stance for bots :confused:

Azymn
05-28-2003, 07:44 AM
I forgot to update the main menu setup...i just uploaded the beta again with that file fixed.

rut-wa: Even though it shows the blue saber icon, the bots are using the proper stances.

My rgb sabers work fine on this build, so if you're having problems, make sure everything's installed properly, and post exactly when/what happens.

rut-wa jodar
05-28-2003, 10:15 AM
I forgot to update the main menu setup...i just uploaded the beta again with that file fixed.

rut-wa: Even though it shows the blue saber icon, the bots are using the proper stances.

My rgb sabers work fine on this build, so if you're having problems, make sure everything's installed properly, and post exactly when/what happens.

My mistake about bot stances, sorry:rolleyes:
but regarding the Tck saber menu the slider bars still do not alter the colour preview of the custom saber

Achilles87
05-28-2003, 12:49 PM
Even though I do not have the beta version... I just KNOW this mod is going to be awsome! I'm gonna get it the first day, and put it on our T1 server! Wow! Azynm you are one hell of a modder!

~Jedi Master Achilles

Azymn
05-28-2003, 04:22 PM
...regarding the Tck saber menu the slider bars still do not alter the colour preview of the custom saber
So the preview saber in the menu doesn't change, but the sabers in-game work correctly?

rut-wa jodar
05-28-2003, 05:22 PM
So the preview saber in the menu doesn't change, but the sabers in-game work correctly?

That`s correct

Azymn
05-28-2003, 07:25 PM
Everyone else having this problem too?

Classic Luke
05-28-2003, 07:53 PM
Just checked it now Azymn, yep the tck colors don't appear on the preview saber. I noticed that with bots, they use force grip sporadically if its on level 4. However, on level 3 they seem to grip opponents for a time as I think is proper :) (IMO)
Despite this, however, I sense a release to the public real soon :)

Flamehart
05-28-2003, 10:21 PM
Public release soon my foot. Wait till I get my hands on this version, I'm gonna tear it up inside out to find whats wrong with it :D

mariners2001
05-28-2003, 11:02 PM
yeah..the rgb preview isn't working here either..

also one other bug i noticed was that the watto bot's jets and sounds still aren't gone. this should probably be fixed before release. also, the mandalorians still aren't really using their jets that much and seem to need a boost ;)

Classic Luke
05-28-2003, 11:28 PM
1. When i changed my game to basic mercmode, I noticed that as a merc you spawn with a bowcaster, pistol, tazer, and blaster. However, in actuality all you can use when u spawn are the bowcaster and the tazer:(

2. Under basic merc mode, when choosing the class of merc it shows the right icon on the player setup menu, but to the right of this is a jumble of descriptions (of the classes and equipment) which overlap eachother.

3. When one plays as a merc, you can roll and shoot at the same time (meaning you can shoot while in mid-roll). Hmm, while this makes getting kills easier, I feel this may need to be corrected. Lord knows I was spamming this big time against fellow mercs:).

4. Hmm, depending on which hilt one picks, some blade skins appear to be unattached to the hilt if one looks closely.

5. When using the tri-engine jetpack, the middle engine is not centered.

6. As Rut-Wa said, the preview blade is not registering.

7. I am curious as to what everyone thinks of increasing primary bryar pistol damage? I for one am for it:) To get a kill when using primary fire with the pistol is near impossbile even when exchanging fire with a fellow merc armed with a different weapon. It requires a LOT of shots to get a kill:(

8. Saber-throw has been improved somewhat I think. But I can forsee mercs having a hell of a time on servers where many others are saber throw enabled. It seems that being in range to illicit a saber throw from a bot will almost always end in death, and note, that this distance is far too great imo. What to do about this, I am unsure. Would decreasing saber-throw damage to say 50 to 70hps be too much? Maybe this damage can be directly to ones hps and not the shields. This i would like to see implemented.

9. Like I said, almost there!!! :) Keep up the great work Azymn!!

Edit:
10. Hmm, when I went back into basic mercmode, I could not designate myself as a merc at all. Even after respawning many times and checking the setup menu (under class I chose to be a merc), I still spawned with a light saber. I even went as far as to make sure I had absolutely no force powers availible and still no luck.

Flamehart
05-29-2003, 01:11 AM
Eh, told you there'd be some kind of bugs.

Ok, just tested, the ones in bold are the ones that bother me most.

1. Bots (in FFA, no Mercmod) run around with Bryar too much without shooting
2. As mentioned before, saber preview does not work.
3. This isnt a bug, the annoying Jedi Vs. Merc message is gone, THANK YOU AZYMN!
4. When set to block Lightning and Drain, it still does not block lightning and drain.
5. When you set the Saber type thing to Changeable (not locked), it doesn't change at all until you die. (Note: there IS a sperate option for locked until respawn, so they seem to be one in the same.)
6. Level 4 Force Jump still does not drain force energy.

That's all for now, still trying to find some more.

rut-wa jodar
05-29-2003, 05:03 AM
Can Saber throw be disabled serverside but still allow for other force powers ?

Azymn
05-29-2003, 06:53 AM
Same Link.

Fixes:
- Tck Saber Menu Preview updates correctly now
- Watto and Maw now fly w/out jetpack fx
- Basic JediVMerc now assigns jedi and merc properly, with menu fixes
- f_sthrowdmg now reduces saberthrow dmg by 1/2 in jedivmerc mode
- f_mercjump determines jump level for mercs (0 by default)
- f_jumpmod values rearranged, so costs by default
- Can change sabertype during match if f_forcesabertype settings allow it

rut-wa: I believe there's a base jk2 cvar that lets you disable certain forcepowers.

Classic Luke
05-29-2003, 08:52 AM
When in mid-air, turning off the jetpack results in your player being in an unatural position with arms straight out to the side with legs straight and spread out. (the position your model appears in when initially in Mod View)

Edit:
When spectating my bots, I noticed that my clonetrooper once out of ammo with the repeater, would use the ammo regen device only for a split second (enough to generate an attack). Then, the bot would attack and be out of ammo again lol. This cycle continues of course till the bot is killed. I am curious if you can make it so that when bots are out of ammo, they will regen ammo while at the same time using their second weapon of choice. Maybe they can regen ammo to a certain percentage (say 50% full) or until the ammo regen bars are gone. :)

rut-wa jodar
05-29-2003, 08:57 AM
That`s sorted it Azymn , nice one :D

You have really worked hard on this mod and all of your efforts have paid off. Raven software should knocking on your door with a job offer ;)

Re: saber throw disabling I have not found a cvar for it.

robbie mcm
05-29-2003, 10:32 AM
I',m not sure if this is a bug or just a nice touch but when using force mod 2 final beta if you fire a rocket at a bot on jedi master skill when they use force push and push it back at you, you see to use force push and push it back at them. This happens except I don't think u lose any force. This works when using the jetpack and when not.

If it's a bug you might just wanna have a look into it.

Thx for the great work!!!

Padawan_7
05-29-2003, 03:42 PM
Every time I come here to report bugs there's a new build. ;)

With this latest build I'm getting constant crashes. :(
I don't know why. I'm only using models and maps that came with the game.

With the other builds, I was getting some crashes as well... but not this many.

Classic Luke
05-29-2003, 03:53 PM
No crashes yet to report on this build Azymn.

rut-wa jodar
05-29-2003, 04:43 PM
No crashes here either

Azymn
05-29-2003, 06:48 PM
Luke:
I forgot to change the jetpack anim...i'm going to get a different one in there, and i was experimenting.
My modview doesn't work too well, so i've had to do it the hard way. :)

I'll check that ammo thing....they're 'spose to regen if they have less than 50 of their regen-able ammo.

rut-wa jodar:
the cvar is g_forcePowerDisable.
You have to set it to "131072", and only saberthrowing will be disabled.

robbie mcm:
The missiles don't lose a lock when they're pushed, so what you're seeing is the missile re-aquiring the target after having been pushed away.

Padawan_7:
Can you get me a list of other mods you have installed? Also, delete your jk2mpconfig.cfg and games.log from your forcemod directory.
Do you have any other mods, even if they're mini-mods?

Padawan_7
05-29-2003, 08:16 PM
Azymn,

I found out what was causing the crashes. A ladder map 'snuck' its way into my base folder. :rolleyes:

Bug report coming shortly...

mariners2001
05-29-2003, 08:46 PM
Looks very good. I like the flying Watto bot...

The Mandalorian bots are doing the jetpack thing too. Here's a screenie.

Weird Jetpack Animation (http://www.geocities.com/robinhawk/faceoff.txt)

EDIT: An addition idea for the class.cfg is adding the Jedi/Sith Rank for the bots (ie. Noble Sith or True Jedi). This is because I've been noticing Darth Maul use a lot of light side powers recently and he never has before.

Also, the bot's saber type could be added to make it easier (ie. Double Blade, Two Sabers, Single Blade, Lightsaber and Guns)

And if you really wanted to take it a step farther, you could add the scaling in the same file as well....just a thought.

One question:

I really like the Maw/Watto bot thing. Is there a way for the player to do this if they're using those models?

EDIT #2: It does not work when I select for the Mandalorian models to only have the jetpacks. All models will use it. This wasn't the case last time.

Classic Luke
05-29-2003, 10:17 PM
Azymn I was wondering if you could make the reticle visible when one is using the optic radar? Also, if you could make the optic radar work in 3rd person would be great too. As always, great job friend!!!

RJW_ca
05-30-2003, 03:02 AM
I tested out the mod!!!! It's great

but yes --if we can see the reticle visible in the optic radar--and to show the optic radar in the 3rd person view that would be great!

what I found was I couldn't choose my saber colour when I chose my player model when creating a server--Choosing my saber colour could only be done in the setup menu at the begining where the Mod selecting is made---I wish that this mod gave us an option to change our players saber colour in the player menu because with different saberhilts to choose from we will want different saber colours for the blades

yes I think this is a great mod but can we add the rocket launching from jango or boba fett's back--I have another mod that does this--and it would be a great addition

thank you
RJW_ca

Padawan_7
05-30-2003, 11:27 AM
Things I noticed:

The Force powers menu does not save the dark side and light side powers within the menu system itself (you can still allot the powers for use). However, the standard force powers and the saber force powers save perfectly.

On two separate occasions, when playing in a ffa against one other Jedi bot, upon my death I would be thrown out to the Player Configuration menu. (Then, when I clicked on Join, I spawned without my dark side powers because the dark side powers do not save in the menu.)

The grapple hook, when it touches another player, causes them to die immediately.

The grapple hook still falls to the ground when it connects to a wall or ceiling. (This occurrence can most easily be seen if you fire at a wall in front of you, then when the grapple pulls you to that point, the grapple hook can be found under your feet.)

There is still a 100 model icon limit.

In ffa_deathstar Merc bots with jetpacks will sometimes use there jetpacks to bury half their body into the ceilings of hallways, and will stay there for quite some time (probably until their battery pack runs out). There's maybe nothing that can be done about that though.

Merc bots seem to use their Shield Regenerator more than they used to. However, there are times that they can be observed running around with 0 shields and they don't recharge even though they have plenty of battery power to do so.

I've never seen Merc bots use their Ammo Regeneration.

Scouts do not use cloak.

When double bladed bots die, they switch to hold a Stun Baton.

The default saber still looks a little flat in the pose I described before. However, the rest of sabers are great!

rut-wa jodar
05-30-2003, 02:10 PM
rut-wa jodar:
the cvar is g_forcePowerDisable.
You have to set it to "131072", and only saberthrowing will be disabled.

Thanx for that :D but unfortunately it also disables all of the bots remaining force powers as well but leaves players force intact. This is not a bug in your mod it`s a bug in JK2`s coding.

zERoCooL2479
05-30-2003, 06:27 PM
1 more thing...There is some code I wanted to put in Academy Mod but it wasn't possible because of the serverside limitations. Get in touch with me and I'll run it by ya!

Thanks!
-Mike

Master_Payne
05-31-2003, 12:01 AM
Im not in beta, but I have a question...
A lot of beta testers talk about a 100 icon model limit, but my unmoded JK2 shows up to 128 icons (that's about 1/4 of my total models/skins).
I would like to see the features from JA into ForceMod (multi duels, stats, and black coloring).
Good luck on whatever is left, I'm eager to play the public release.

Classic Luke
05-31-2003, 01:28 AM
When I first d'l the latest beta f4 my bots were functioning properly (f_powerbots at 1). However, now my bots are using force powers not allotted to them. In my autoexec.cfg file I typed in seta f_powerbots 1 to be safe and still this problem occurs. I also use my own personal cfg files for specific characters I wish to play, however in these I set my desired model type and bind keys.
This is the second time this has happend. The first time it happend I re-downloaded the beta (replacing all the files and folders as orderd) which brings me to now.

Edit:
After deleting a jk2mpconfig from both my base and forcemod folders, and also placing my personal cfg player files in my forcemod folder, the problem with f_powerbots 1 is now gone. :) I hope... :)

Edit:
On another note, optic rader doesn't seem too work against mind trickers at level 3 or higher. Edit: My mistake, it does work :)

Edit:
F_powerbots 1 problem has returned:( Seems that all the bots have the same force powers regardless of my botfiles.

KaiaSowapit
06-01-2003, 03:18 AM
Azymn, I think I may have stumbled onto the greatest bug of all time...

When playing ForceMod, suddenly hours go by and the sun comes up! :)

Thanks for an awesome mod! You're the bomb!

BongoBob
06-01-2003, 08:10 AM
Hey azmyn, I got two questions for you...
a)Could I PLZ beta test for you?:D
b)Have you decided a good solid release date for FORCEMOD II?

KaiaSowapit
06-03-2003, 01:13 AM
A few questions for ya Syrup (I'm totally diggin the mod!)...

What do these cvars do? (I'm nosey like that. :))

cf_side
cf_merc
cf_class
f_mercjump
f_spinjump
f_firearms
f_nts

Also, there seems to be a bit of redundancy redundancy... cf_hidegriphand/f_showgriphand... f_scaledamage/mod_scaledamage... etc. Are all these necessary, and should I set them all so as not to conflict with one another? (Yoda runs like a bat out of hell and I can't seem to fix it.)

Lastly, a couple game questions and one itty bitty buggy...

What happened to mod_timescale? I miss that. :(

If I want to limit jetpack flight time/distance to say... oh maybe twice that of using ForceJump lvl 4, is there a way to do that? (I'm mostly thinking of bots here... Jango has on occasion turned into a jetpack whore & the only way to rid myself of him is use that blasted saber throw.) I don't mind if jetpack users can land and almost immediately take off again... I just want the suckers to have to land sometime!

I can set sabers to be brutally lethal using g_saberDamageScale (hehee) but what about blasters? Is there a g_saberDamageScale equivalent for blasters? Basically I want two or three successful hits, be it by saber, blaster, whatever, to be lethal. After all, these guys aren't throwing kittens at one another. :p

Can we still play non-team skinned models in team games? I tried a team-based ffa the other day and half my models disappeared and the Jango bot appeared w/out textures.

Lil Bug report:

Bots using saberthrow are a lost cause. One toss and they're running around defenseless, hopelessly unable to recover their sabers. I'd be happy if there was a cvar just to disable bot saber throwing. (I know, I need to fix their personality files) IMHO it's a cheap and silly force power anyway.

Classic Luke
06-03-2003, 02:15 AM
I adjusted the botfiles which came with some of the main models out there. The only bot of mine with saber throw is of course Vader. Thanks to Azymn, the emotional attachments are upto 8 now, I've done my best to keep the bots properly aligned:) If you want em just email me at bleroy@tampabay.rr.com
Should anyone else like some bots, email me as well:)

KaiaSowapit
06-03-2003, 04:39 AM
I too am a botfile tinkerer. Recently I got smart enough to keep my botfiles in a separate pk3 from the models so they're easy to edit - so it's really no problem to fix the saber throw thinggie.

And I agree, the addition of 8 emotional attachments is great! Now most of the Jedi Council get along. :)

Azymn
06-03-2003, 07:51 AM
Same link, as before.

Q: I really like the Maw/Watto bot thing. Is there a way for the player to do this if they're using those models?
A: set cf_jet 5 . It might need cheat protection?

Q: a)Could I PLZ beta test for you?
A: Sorry BongoBob, we're almost done...
Q: b)Have you decided a good solid release date for FORCEMOD II?
A: Sooner than you think :D

Q: What happened to mod_timescale? I miss that.
A: It's still in there afaik...it's a server command.

Q: What do these cvars do? (I'm nosey like that. )

A:
cf_side (in menus)- new force side
cf_merc (in menus) - if merc or not
cf_class (in menus) - merc subclass #
f_mercjump - level of forcejump for mercs
f_spinjump - unused, was for spinning jump anim
f_firearms - was used for unfinished custom pistols (like custom hilts)
f_nts - obsolete

Q: Also, there seems to be a bit of redundancy redundancy... cf_hidegriphand/f_showgriphand... f_scaledamage/mod_scaledamage... etc. Are all these necessary, and should I set them all so as not to conflict with one another?
A: f_showgriphand and other clientside cvars starting with "f_" are gone, replaced by "cf_" counterparts; f_scaledamage allows for inverse scaling and adjusted proportions, mod_scaledamage does not.

---------------------------------------

New cvars:
cf_noteamskins
-"0" No changes
-"1" Default skins will be used during team games

f_botthrow
-"0" Bot saberthrow disabled
-"1" No changes

f_scaleFirearmDamage
-"0" No changes
-"#.#" Float value multiplied by all non-saber and non-falling damage

Changes/Bug fixes:
- Jetpack anim fixed
- Bots should use forcepowers a bit more
- Jetpack bots should be more conservative
- Shield regen rates tweaked
- Bot jetpack limits should work now
- f_powerbots should work properly now
- Reticle now visible with Optic Radar on
- 100 model limit will remain in effect. The fix had caused other problems.
- Using g_forcePowerDisable on specific powers will no longer prevent bots from using all forcepowers

Classic Luke
06-03-2003, 02:55 PM
My merc bots (which have no designated force powers) spawn with sabers only in basic mercmod.
Keep up the GREATwork Azymn, ALMOST THERE!!

Mace_Windu21
06-03-2003, 07:07 PM
I haven't posted for a while, so I don't know if this has been said:
When you use saberthrow, your model still goes into the defensive stance. Also sometimes when I am blocking laser fire, the player puts his saber into that defensive stance to block fire, I don't stay in the stance, but it gets annoying.
Thanks!

Padawan_7
06-03-2003, 07:13 PM
Azymn,

I haven't gotten a chance to test the new build...

but I wanted to let you know that, the other day, over at www.pcgamemods.com they posted "Generation-X 1.4" (the successor to OmniMOD and JediPLUS). One of their fixes claim that the "Saber No Longer Disappears on Throw EVER!".

If this is true, they might share how they did it. :)

KaiaSowapit
06-03-2003, 10:14 PM
I know this is bad form, but every post I've read by that Omni guy leads me to believe he's somewhat of a turkey. (Did he ever release the source code for OmniMod as promised?)

Anywho, the builds just keep getting better and better. I don't know how you do it Azymn, but I'm sure glad you do! The bots use their jetpacks almost flawlessly now - it's a genuine thing of beauty to behold. (I just watched Mace Windu & Jango go at it in spectator mode for about twenty minutes - it was a real hoot!)

Thanks so much for the addition of a blaster damage modifier & for pointing out that mod_timescale is still there. I'm finding great fun in cranking up damage and putting the game in slo-mo - one small misstep and it's goodnight Irene - very tense and cinematic.

I did uncover one more small anomaly though... using g_forceBasedTeams in a Team FFA game leads to some pretty weird stuff. Basically, from what I could figure out, Jedi will only attack Mercs and Mercs only attack Jedi - regardless of team status. Yet damage is still team-based, so unless friendly fire is active, it's pretty harmless. Weirder still is when you factor in bot emotional attachments, which are still honored. I don't know if it merits fixing, but I thought I'd dutifully mention it anyway.

Personally, I'm dying for this to go live and servers adopt it - everyone is going to love it!

Doctor Shaft
06-04-2003, 02:33 AM
i'm not even one of the testers and i'm getting excited just reading about this stuff. I guess I really shoul'dnt be posting in this thread, but I got just a few questions myself.

Everything sounds exciting, but I know my heart will just be crushed if I found out that the lightsaber damage in this mod is set to "wiffle' bat status. I already read up on the stuff you posted on the main site about the lightsaber changes, and I don't think I need much clarifying in that area. However, when it comes down to it, there's only one thing a lightsaber needs to be a successful weapon, and that's DAMAGE. I guess just about anyone could answer these simple questions.

1.) Is the saber powerful? I.e., it's not abysmal ala 1.04. If so, let's say I made a guy stand there, how many swings would it take?

2.) Some people keep mentioning that they're killing jetpackers with saber throw. Granted, they were fighting BOTS, but from my experiences, any gunner worth his salt is not going to be killed by the measley saber throw. Is there something about it in Forcemod that i'm missing?

3.) You got the double and twin sabers in there. Granted, there's probably going to be all kinds of clipping and wierd looking stuff going on with them, but how did you do damage scaling with them also? are they just fancier wiffle bats, weaker than normal, etc?

I ask these questions because, well, I am a saberist as far as JO goes. I hate playing sabers only, I want to fight Jango and the rest, but there's simply no competing when your opponent's guns heavily outclass your sword, not only in explosive range but damage as well. The way I see it, you could give me 32 stances, 52 different saber blade designs, and another 90 version of force pull/push, and it all would mean diddly squat if I had to rush after and hit my gunner opponent more than twice. A mod can have all kinds of features and cool things, but I think you can just as quickly kill all of your mods accomplishments if the balance factor heavily favors the DOOM/QUAKE style of play, i.e. rockets, blasts, and more guns.

You really don't need level 4 force powers to be in your mod if the jedi class can all be easily wiped out by rocket/blaster spam. I know I'm sounding like a whiner, but I'm just curious. There's only been a total of TWO quality mods that acknowledged the need for 'lethal sabers', and other popular mods ignored this. They had the cool sitting animations, the rocket packs this, the jet guns that, but their sabers were still wiffle bats. It was RPG central, and when the guns came out there were no jedi left :). No sense in me getting excited over having the chance to run around like Yoda, if I learn that it won't be so fun when they hand me my standard issue wiffle bat. ;)

KaiaSowapit
06-04-2003, 03:58 AM
Doctor Shaft - I hope Azymn doesn't mind, but allow me to put some of your fears to rest.

First and foremost, you can have ridiculously lethal sabers right out of the box simply by using the server command g_saberDamageScale - I believe this cvar is stock jkII, not from a mod (though I could be mistaken). Personally, I have mine set to 5 and even the biggest, baddest, most heavily shielded wookie would be lucky to survive two or three swings from that whiffle bat. ;) In fact they're so lethal, I have to use ForceMod's f_saberIdleDamage cvar just to tone them down when they aren't being swung. (Otherwise, just brushing up against an opponent is enough to deliver a mortal wound.)

Don't worry, you most certainly can have devastating sabers.

For me, the real joy of ForceMod is it hasn't left blaster-toting foes out in the cold. They have plenty of gadgets and abilities, like jetpacks and ammo regeneration (and improved bot ai) that help balance them with Jedi/Sith. And with the addition of the f_scaleFirearmDamage cvar, they too can vanquish an opponent with as little as two or three well placed shots.

Really it's all there in the cvars - your mileage will vary depending on how you or your server set them up. Whiffle bats/lightning rods... fusion cannons/squirt guns - you can make it what YOU want. The beauty is how much more control, options and diversity has been added to gameplay.

Trust me, this mod is a heckofva lot more than just a bunch of silly emotes, saber hilts, and miscellaneous eye candy. Frankly, I think Azymn's put more thought into its substance than some of the original developers of jkII itself. Really, it's that good.

Doctor Shaft
06-04-2003, 04:55 PM
Well, that's good news to hear. I won't be putting any servers up personally, except for a little lan gaming against one other person.

What you said is definitely encouraging though. The only concern I have now is that if everything is customizable, I can only hope that the servers that do become available don't decide to run everything by 1.04 standards. I'll keep crossing my fingers. Cheers.

KaiaSowapit
06-04-2003, 07:46 PM
Azymn, a few more comments/requests...

I too had the fortune of fighting a dual-bladed bot (Maul) and happened upon splitting his saber in two. Watching him then come at me with two sabers was amazing! Brilliant coding there!

Any chance of dropping in my suggestion of adding a little of the ForceSpeed motion blur effect to ForceJump? Strictly for eye candy purposes (like the movies). If it's a hassle, nevermind. :)

How bout a cvar, like cf_hidegriphand to turn off the white spawn bubble?

Is there anyway to get Light Side bot ai to use ForceHeal (they seem obsessed solely with MindTrick)?

I really like how some of the cvars take a percentage integer. How bout a cvar to allow us to assign the probability of bot jetpack usage?

This may or may not be a good idea, but what if True Saberists could run a lil faster when their sabers were inactive? They couldn't block incoming shots (though they might be able to dodge some) so it would be a gamble that they'd get to where they're going safely. I think it would be handy for pursuing ranged-weapon opponents, especially if they have a tendency to run away. (Note: disable the speed bonus if the Jedi/Sith in question is using aggressive ForcePowers while running.) I got this idea from playing Enter the Matrix - you run faster when you don't have a weapon equipped.

I love the mortal wounds cvar! What about upping the ante even a bit more? What if there was an option so that a player might not just fall down, but stay down - not dead, but critically injured? They'd have to either choose to respawn via the kill command or hope for another player to heal or finish them off. In this scenario a player might also still have a limited attack ability, such as through thermal detonators or det charges. Again, if it's a hassle to code, nevermind. Just a thought. :)

Lastly, any chance of a cvar to control the area of effect/splash damage of explosives? Personally, I'd like to see them somewhere in effectiveness between where they are now and how they are in SFXMOD.

Thanks again for an awesome mod!

Padawan_7
06-04-2003, 08:23 PM
Things I noticed:

The default saber looks better and the Merc Bots use the Ammo Regeneration. Good job! :)

I haven't noticed this before but the menu for the Force Templates doesn't always bring up the list.

You can't switch to the Dualbladed or Twin Lightsabers anymore. However, you can get the Dualbladed lightsaber through the use of the "Proficiency" setting (this doesn't work for the Twin Lightsabers though).

I noticed that there is a sound for the grapple in the ForceMod pk3. This sound never plays.

nucular_jedi_14
06-04-2003, 08:34 PM
could you make a like a thing in the menu option insted of binding all those keys because that kinda gets tiring after a while, and you could like sepate them into catagories like emote, weapons and stuff like that

thx,
NuKe OuT!

nucular_jedi_14
06-04-2003, 08:36 PM
he said it don't work and btw could you send me a beta? thumper_01@hotmail.com ?

Master_Payne
06-04-2003, 09:28 PM
All of You have done a great job here
KaiaSowapit, about the bots using heal, they do on base JK2 (at least bots that I have made), but they will only use it if they are low on HP and you stop attacking them (also notice how they run back and after heal charge again at you). I can post the Bot data if you want.
Good luck on the remaining testing.

mariners2001
06-05-2003, 01:39 AM
Azmyn,

Thank you so much for adding the ability to disable team skins! This makes team games so much better for me. You think an option in the menu could make it into the final release?

All in all, I must say it is definitely coming along awesome and is nearly ready for release. This mod is definitely going to breathe new life into the JK2 Community and probably jumpstart the action again leading up to Jedi Academy.

Here are a few things I have to note before release though:
1) Team FFA/CTF are majoring messed up. I've noticed this for a while but have failed to remember to tell you. Teams get screwed up very badly and sometimes it gets to the point where no one fights each other/or your teammates attack you. This is regarding bots of course. Just load it up and add a few bots to different teams and you'll see right off what I mean. This is a must to be fixed before release as it will destroy the gametypes completely.
2) The model scaled speed is extremely exagerrated. This wasn't the case before. Yoda moves so incredibly fast and basically every other models runs so as hell.
3) Force jump (Level 4) still doesn't use force. This could be spammed to hell. Definitely needs to be fixed.
4) Also, in Team FFA, mirror images of yourself will appear when you die......very freaking frightful
ALSO.....one other thing just FYI, Maw was a dark sith in JK1 so he should be fixed from the bounty hunter setting he has now.

I say once these are fixed then all will be ready!

RJW_ca
06-05-2003, 01:45 AM
...is there a way to make the bots mouth move like in single player to make it more realistic???? This would be cool!!!!

will there be away to pick custom guns lick picking custom saber hilts??

--I want to have a Hansolo bot with his right gun in his hand without having to change the default gun--without it being the same hansolo gun for every player

CAN SOMONE PLEASE DO THIS!?

RJW_ca

KaiaSowapit
06-05-2003, 04:35 AM
mariners2001, check your setting with the cvar g_forceBasedTeams and make sure it's set to 0. I experienced the same problems you're talking about in team games and they went away when I turned off forceBasedTeams.

I too find model scale speed a little confusing, though I think it just needs a little more documentation and it will be fine - perhaps a few examples in the readme would help? (If you'd like someone to draft a manual for ForceMod Azmyn, I'd be more than happy to.)

Personally I like Force Jump (Level 4) just the way it is, but then again I also have f_forceregenerate set to 10, hehe so take my opinion for what it's worth. :p

I take back what I said about Light Side bots using ForceHeal - they do, just by no means as frequently as MindTrick. Good golly they sure like their MindTrick!

Lastly, I'll back up Padawan_7 - I can't seem to get Dual Sabers to work anymore either. :(

nucular_jedi_14
06-05-2003, 04:46 AM
two saber that is?

Azymn
06-05-2003, 05:19 AM
Mace_Windu21 - i don't know what you mean by "defensive stance." The saberthrow anim looks fine on my end.

Doctor Shaft:

Q: 1.) Is the saber powerful? I.e., it's not abysmal ala 1.04. If so, let's say I made a guy stand there, how many swings would it take?
A: Pure Saber user in red stance vs. Merc with 100 health, 25 armor: 1 swing. The sabers are more powerful by default, especially against Mercs.

Q: 2.) Some people keep mentioning that they're killing jetpackers with saber throw...Is there something about it in Forcemod that i'm missing?
A: See previous answer. :)

Q: You got the double and twin sabers in there. Granted, there's probably going to be all kinds of clipping and wierd looking stuff going on with them, but how did you do damage scaling with them also? are they just fancier wiffle bats, weaker than normal, etc?
A: They naturally enhance chances to hit and block sabers, but are penalized in terms of speed, form, and projectile blocking.

KaiaSowapit:
I took you up on coding a couple of the easy cvars. And actually, how fast could you whip a manual together...could you have it done by friday? That'd be stellar.

Padawan_7:
Thanks for the tips, hope i can iron everything out in time.

nucular_jedi_14:
Sorry, you'll have to wait for the public release. But you won't have to wait long. :)

mariners2001:
Team Skin disabling will be in the Player menu. The team problems from g_forceBasedTeams should be fixed.

RJW_ca:
Sorry, no custom guns or custom lips. :)

KaiaSowapit
06-05-2003, 05:54 AM
Azymn, Friday might be pushing it, but Sunday is quite doable. Either way, I'd be happy to give it a go.

I'll probably need your insights/philosophies on a few issues, so if you like we can correspond via email.

Format can be as fancy/vanilla as you like - from plain-Jane ASCII to eye candy rich PDF or HTML. Just say the word. :)

Thanks again for all your hard work! I love this mod!!!

rut-wa jodar
06-05-2003, 06:21 AM
Thanx Azymn :D

For adding a Cvar to disable team colours.

I have been beta testing ForceMod 2 since you released it and I must say the JO gaming community are in for a real treat .

Littleman206
06-05-2003, 10:23 AM
I know its abit late, but maybe for a later release, could you take advantage of the ability to add in animations. I'm sure it'd be quite an undertaking, but just giving two sabers one stance each, which really makes trhe most of the extra weapon.
Say edit green style for two sabers, which rely could give increased blocking as well as utilising a contineous style of fighting, where instead of performing amazing moves, the wielder goes for more of a "hit-him so much he won't be able to block" style. Also force powers like push and pull could have one level taken off as the Jedi uses his mind alone, no hand movements (he's holding a saber in the offhand ) to make the telekenetic attack. Each saber attack could also do slightly less damage then other sabers as theres only one arms strength behind each blade.
Saber throw should be hampered as well, it's just a bit hard to concieve some one guiding a weapon with their mind while foreseeing incoming attacks. Maybe cap it at level one, as this is a simple toss.

The double-bladed saber could use an edited version of the purple style, where moves are more or less copied by darth maul, meaning quick attacks which utilize both blades. Blocking chances against ranged weapons could be decreased as the blades wouldn't be as effective for defence, the weapons is a sith's and probably designed for slicing up an enemy as quickly as possible.
Force powers would not hampered like using two sabers, but the decrease in defence should compensate for this.

I think this would be a great add on to your all ready col mod, as the extra blades would actually be put to use, sure the sabers LOOK cool now but one of the attacks are really DESIGNED for them, so the extra combat potential more or less goes to waste.

Could you please tell me what you think on these ideas, I know its alot to ask but I think it'd be a great addition. And I'd like to know if anyone cares at all, as last time I posted a rant I got no reply, if its not gonna happen ( my idea) just tell me.

boinga1
06-05-2003, 01:39 PM
I can tell you that adding that would take an ETERNITY. He said forcemod2 in "three weeks". He can't really go back and say that "I decided to add totally new saber stances with new animations, so it'll be another (month? two months?)".

Maybe in Version 3.

Azymn
06-05-2003, 03:33 PM
Littleman206: Actually, boinga1 is right, both about it taking an eternity and about the imminent release. Unfortunately, tinkering with animations is too great an undertaking at this point.
Thanks for the suggestions, though.
Saber throw damage can be hampered with a new cvar.

Master_Payne
06-05-2003, 04:24 PM
Kicks have damage modifier right?
So last week of testing? I hope nothing wrong comes out from nowhere.
This will be the resurrection of JO and for myself, I will still be playing ForceMod after getting Jedi Academy. (merc stuff rocks)

Azymn
06-05-2003, 04:30 PM
Actually, there ain't a damage modifier for kicks. I'll add one.
Last week indeed.
I hope i haven't missed anything in my personal regression testing. :)

JEDICW
06-05-2003, 05:47 PM
so how long before its going to released???

Master_Payne
06-05-2003, 07:04 PM
In this same page a few post up azymn asks: could you have it done by friday? and KaiaSowapit answered: Friday might be pushing it, but Sunday is quite doable.

Then I ask: So last week of testing? and azymn answer was: Last week indeed.

That says all.

Crowy
06-06-2003, 12:49 AM
hey azymn, when you release it release it to more hten just jk2files.com... pcgamemods.com put things up pretty much straight away!!!

its running near perfect... ive pmed you the very minor animation problems(i think) there is that ive found... and nothing to worry about everyone

this mod is bound to be a sucess(scuse my english im a carpenter)
thank you for letting me beta test this mod for you azymn...

off topic: are you going to mod for ja?
thank you for your time

Classic Luke
06-06-2003, 02:20 AM
Azymn, seeing as how the mod will be released soon, I must thank-you for letting me beta test it for you. Your efforts are much appreciated by the community, guess I'll be SEEING YOU ONLINE:)

Littleman206
06-06-2003, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by boinga1
I can tell you that adding that would take an ETERNITY. He said forcemod2 in "three weeks". He can't really go back and say that "I decided to add totally new saber stances with new animations, so it'll be another (month? two months?)".

Maybe in Version 3.

When I said maybe a later release, I didnt mean pospone the date, I know that'd be stupid, I meant a later VERSION of the mod.
Like you said version 3 or something. Sorry about the mix up.
I'm all for releasing as soon as possible and an extra 2 months would be pointless.

Originally posted by Classic Luke
Azymn, seeing as how the mod will be released soon, I must thank-you for letting me beta test it for you. Your efforts are much appreciated by the community, guess I'll be SEEING YOU ONLINE:)

Ditto to that aswell

Azymn
06-06-2003, 06:05 AM
I appreciate the feedback you've all given, it was invaluable in shaping this mod up.

Check out my homepage in the next few days for updates on where and when.

May the ForceMod be with you. ;)

rut-wa jodar
06-06-2003, 06:06 AM
I agree with my fellow beta testers that it has been an honour and a privelige to test a mod that will undoubtedly breathe new life into JO.

Thanx Azymn. :urpdude: :clap2: :thumbs1:

mariners2001
06-06-2003, 12:44 PM
Yes. Thanks a lot for giving me the privilege to test as well. You've been really cool about everything and you've crafted the best mod for JK2. Hope you update and/or continue your impressive work for Jedi Academy!

Sylea
06-06-2003, 02:31 PM
Another question:

I was using Forcemod 1 and had, in my opinion, a major problem...might or might not be mod related, but it works in Gen-X....

Cheataccess... give all and noclip do not work...even when rcon grants cheataccess to a client the client cannpot use them (can use g2animent however).

Now, under the base game (no modding) or gen-X...these do work when cheataccess is granted through the console.

These commands, while not used by most, are VERY usefull for Admins and Clan Leaders. It supercedes ALL MOD admin commands and gives over TRUE control of the server.

Anyway...something to think about. :)

Littleman206
06-06-2003, 09:33 PM
I'm not sure if I got a bug or if it's just my machine. But when I give the bots a number five in the fm_classes.cfg to make them a trooper, they all come out as heavy troopers. So instead of stormtroopers using blasters they all start with rocket launchers and repeaters then start flying everywhere. very annoying so if you could fix it up I'd appreciate it.
Thanking you in advance, Littleman

Padawan_7
06-07-2003, 03:07 PM
Yeap, Littleman is correct. I'm experiencing the same thing.

DarkLord60
06-07-2003, 05:19 PM
We at Aotctc have it on our servers but we must put it on site. For those you cant wait I could probably email it to you.

Gideon_Duthuras
06-07-2003, 09:35 PM
Yes Dark Lord, if at all possible please email it to me. Addy should be at the bottom. I've been lurking in this thread since the start, and can't wait any longer :)Email here (hotmale_200@hotmail.com)

DarkLord60
06-07-2003, 09:40 PM
yes sir will do

Gideon_Duthuras
06-07-2003, 09:48 PM
Well, you don't have to bother anymore...if you happen to read this before you email it. I just found the file lurking on pcgamemods. Thanks anyway.

Now...I plan to play this for several hours. Good Day!

Ol-Gil
06-07-2003, 09:50 PM
Hey, been lurking here for a while. All I ever play with is the original ForceMod.

Just thought some would like to know that it's up at PCGameMods.

DarkLord60
06-07-2003, 10:12 PM
:EDIT: Due to reasons that dont concern anyone I am removing this alternate link to download mod Sorry.

Hellfire Jedi
06-07-2003, 11:18 PM
Azymn what the hell? PCgamemods.com has the mod up. A guy tested it and you went on and abused HIS admin when he didn't give it?? This you or f!!king what?!? DO NOT LIE!

Azymn
06-08-2003, 12:05 AM
Hellfire Jedi - i just saw that post. :S

The answer is simple: it's a lie.

Would i really log on as "Azymn" and abuse the first person to try out the mod?
It's an unfortunate thing that this person would accuse anyone of such a thing. I don't even know who the guy is, or why he would say something like that. :(

I encourage everyone to go see the post for themselves. I have nothing to hide, and no lies, or tricks up my sleeve:
http://www.pcgamemods.com/forums//showthread.php?s=&postid=15212#post15212

mariners2001
06-08-2003, 03:13 AM
what the hell is wrong with people? some people have waaay too much time on their hands....

i hope this doesn't ruin the release of this brilliant mod. i'm behind you 100% Azmyn.

5.4 on pcgamemods.com???? Seriously, someone is being a huge !@#$. Screw off whoever you are.

KaiaSowapit
06-08-2003, 03:40 AM
Who pee'd in this guy's Cheerios™?

I think anyone who would pick a handle like "SlimShady" needs no further comment.

ForceMod II rocks... 'nuff said. :)

DarkLord60
06-08-2003, 05:24 AM
Azymn I agree with you. oh and by the way

one downside is that even though I edited certain bots so they cant use sabers they still do in ForceMod so then I went and edited the CLass cfg file in forcemod and chnged the one I wanted to have no jetpack and saber to "Clonetrooper" 50-000 and I still get cool troopers with sabers ahhh.

OK so I know that my bot files are edited and they work with no sabers in regular game but when I launch new game with ForceMod 2 they still do like I said above.
Here is exactly what I changed in fm_classes.cfg file:

IGNORE the missing spaces between the model name and the numbers because for some reason you cant have aton of spaces in one line when you post in forums
EXAMPLE: "tex_qui-gon" 50-122

//--------------------------------------------------
// ForceMod Model Class Config
//
// <name> - name of the actual model as found in the file path
// <class> - 0 = Jedi/Sith, 1 = Scout, 2 = Bounty Hunter, 3 = Heavy Soldier, 4 = HotShot, 5 = Trooper
// <jetpack> - 0 = No jetpack, 1 = Single Thrust, 2 = Dual Thrust, 3 = Tri-Thrust, 4 = Dual Thrust (No Model), 5 = No FX (For Flying Characters)
// <sabertype> - 0 = Jedi/Sith will also use guns, 1 = Single Blade Only, 2 = Dualblade Only, 3 = Twin Sabers Only
// <saberblade>- 0 = Standard, 1-6 = "Episode #" Saber blade type, 7 = Ancient Blade
// <acrobatics>- 0 = Default Roll, 1 = Butterflies, 2 = Cartwheels, 3 = Arial Flips
//
// Syntax:
// "<model name>" <class><jetpack>-<sabertype><saberblade><acrobatics>
//--------------------------------------------------

"4lom" 10-000
"Aayla" 00-122
"ackbar" 50-000
"adi" 00-122
"admiral_rieek" 50-000
"ak-buz" 30-000
"Anakin" 00-322
"anhluke" 00-020
"ani-gel" 00-122
"arco_palpatine" 00-120
"atatpilot" 50-000
"aurra" 00-322
"bartender" 10-000
"battle3po" 50-000
"battle_droid" 50-000
"battledroid" 50-000
"beedo" 20-000
"bespin_cop" 40-000
"blacktrooper" 50-000
"boba_fett" 22-000
"BobaFett" 22-000
"boushh" 10-000
"c3po" 50-000
"calsann2" 00-122
"camotrooper" 50-000
"canor_jax" 00-122
"cheshire_vader" 00-150
"chewie" 40-000
"chiss" 10-000
"chromeshadowtrooper" 00-122
"clonecommander" 50-000
"CloneTr" 50-000
"clone_trooper" 50-000
"clonetrooper" 50-000
"coleman_trebor" 00-122
"commander" 50-000
"ct_fisto" 00-122
"ct_sidious" 00-100
"d" 00-121
"darkyoda" 00-122
"Darth_Sidious" 00-120
"darthseph" 00-121
"dash rendar" 40-000
"dash_rendar" 40-000
"desann" 00-222
"dooku" 00-123
"gl_dooku" 00-123
"dug_jedi" 00-121
"eerin_bant" 00-122
"eerin_bant_robe" 00-122
"ep1_obi" 00-122
"ep2anakin" 00-122
"ep2windu" 00-122
"epiI_obi" 00-122
"esb_ghost" 00-122
"esb_yoda" 00-122
"ewok" 40-000
"exar_kun" 00-121
"exarkun_sithii" 00-121
"fenn_shysa" 20-000
"galak" 20-000
"gamorrean" 50-000
"gee" 50-000
"geonosis" 50-000
"gl_dooku" 00-123
"grafox_palpatine" 00-100
"gran" 50-000
"grayfox" 20-000
"greedo" 40-000
"gungan" 50-000
"han_anh" 40-000
"han_esb" 40-000
"han_roj" 40-000
"han_solo" 40-000
"hornett_trooper" 50-000
"hutt" 50-000
"ig-88" 20-000
"imperial" 50-000
"imperialcommando" 50-000
"imperial_worker" 50-000
"infantry" 50-000
"jan" 10-000
"jango_fett" 22-000
"JangoFett" 22-000
"jar-jar" 50-000
"jarjar" 50-000
"jawa" 50-000
"jawa_hybrid" 50-000
"jedi" 00-122
"jedi_dooku" 00-123
"jeditrainer" 00-122
"jerec" 50-000
"jodo_kast" 20-000
"kaia_yoda" 00-122
"keiran" 50-000
"ki_adi" 00-122
"ki_adi_mundi" 00-122
"ki_adi_vm" 00-122
"ki_moot" 00-122
"kir_kanos" 00-122
"kit_fisto_vm" 00-122
"kit_mitsu" 00-122
"koh_tu" 00-122
"krussk" 30-000
"kui_masu" 00-122
"kyle" 00-062
"kylearmor" 00-022
"kyparmor" 00-022
"khyron_jinn" 20-000
"lando" 40-000
"leia" 40-000
"luke" 00-122
"luke-bespin" 00-022
"luke-dagobah" 00-022
"lukearmor" 00-121
"luminara" 00-122
"mace-windu" 00-122
"mara jade" 00-122
"mara" 00-122
"mara_jade" 00-122
"master_yoda" 00-122
"Maul" 00-221
"maul_deluxe" 00-221
"maw" 05-321
"mc_jarjar" 50-000
"monmothma" 40-000
"morgan" 40-000
"motskyle" 00-122
"obivm" 00-122
"oldben" 00-120
"padme" 40-000
"padme2k3" 40-000
"padme_geonosis" 40-000
"padme_geonosis_battle" 40-000
"palpatine" 00-122
"pilot" 50-000
"plo koon" 00-122
"plo_koon" 00-122
"plokoon" 00-122
"prince_xizor" 00-122
"prisoner" 50-000
"Qui-Gon" 00-122
"quigonvm" 00-120
"quigonvm2" 00-120
"ra7" 20-000
"raith_armor" 20-000
"realluke" 00-120
"rebel" 50-000
"reborn" 00-121
"reelo" 10-000
"rodian" 50-000
"royalguard" 00-322
"samuel_l" 00-123
"sand_shoulder" 50-000
"sariss" 00-122
"sebulba" 50-000
"sebulba_racer" 50-000
"security" 50-000
"shaak ti" 00-122
"shaak_ti" 00-122
"shadowtrooper" 00-120
"sirrya" 00-123
"sithlord_palpatine" 00-120
"sithyodavm" 00-221
"solo" 40-000
"stormcommander" 50-000
"stormpilot" 50-000
"stormtrooper" 50-000
"swamptrooper" 50-000
"swluke" 00-020
"tavion" 00-121
"tc14" 20-000
"terpfen" 00-122
"tex_quigon" 00-122
"the_emporer" 00-120
"trandoshan" 50-000
"trooper" 50-000
"trueanakin" 00-322
"tusken" 50-000
"tusken_raider" 50-000
"tyranus" 00-121
"ugnaught" 50-000
"ulic" 50-000
"vader" 00-120
"vigo_morn" 50-000
"watto" 35-000
"weequay" 50-000
"windu" 00-123
"wolfe" 00-322
"wookiee" 40-000
"yarael" 00-112
"yarael_poof" 00-122
"yarael_sith" 00-322
"yin" 00-122
"yoda" 00-122
"esb_yoda" 00-122
"yoda_ghost" 00-122
"yodaghost" 00-122
"yodamaul" 00-122
"yuuzhanvongketo" 00-322
"zabrak" 00-222
"zabrak_jedi" 00-222
"zam_wesell" 11-000

KaiaSowapit
06-08-2003, 05:40 AM
DarkLord60, I used to have problems like you're describing, but for several builds now my bots have all been well behaved (figuratively speaking of course :)).

I just added Watto as a flying Trooper and he's working out fine.

If you'd like I could send you some of my bot files and .cfg's to see if that works.

Feel welcome to PM me if there's anything I can do to help.

DarkLord60
06-08-2003, 05:46 AM
send them to me at J_hamp60@hotmail.com or post them in aotctc forums

KaiaSowapit
06-08-2003, 06:09 AM
Oh and while I'm thinking of it, speaking of bots...

This might sound silly, but is there a way to create a bot that doesn't use ANY weapons (neither saber nor guns)?

Before you all start chuckling, I ask for two reasons. First I'd like to make a Palpatine/Sidius bot who uses nothing but the Force. Secondly I thought it might be fun to create an "innocent bystander" bot - a bot Light Side players could try to protect and Naughty Side players could try to abuse (sort of a twisted version of capture the flag). :)

Daskers
06-08-2003, 10:35 AM
Terrific Mod. I have two questions though.

1. When using the Darth maul saber hilt, I get two strange effects. You seem to have implemented some code that makes the second blade extend from where the second emitter should be, but the hilt appears as only being half as long as it should be.

2. Did you say that you could add your own custom skins? If so, is it possible to make the blade vanish altogether for forcepikes and things?

JEDICW
06-08-2003, 04:01 PM
I was thinking in an up comming update maybe that thier could be different saber sounds to choose from like for example Darth mauls saber sound, yodas saber from epo.2 also when saber fighten u could in knock the saber out of the players hand then while fighten try to retrieve it. Just a thought for updates

rut-wa jodar
06-08-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by JEDICW
I was thinking in an up comming update maybe that thier could be different saber sounds to choose from like for example Darth mauls saber sound, yodas saber from epo.2 also when saber fighten u could in knock the saber out of the players hand then while fighten try to retrieve it. Just a thought for updates

Some interesting ideas you have for future updates but I think they would be difficult implement into the game especially the custom saber sounds. I`m sure though if anyone can do it Azymn can.

Gideon_Duthuras
06-08-2003, 07:17 PM
I'm running into a few problems...one of which is that my bots don't have class. I.E. When I try to bring in Jango instead of being a bounty hunter the screen gives me a "class could not be found" and Jango starts to use a lightsaber as well.

Second problem is the scaling. Simple enough, it doesn't work. Yoda is the same size as the others. However the scaling still does work in the original forcemod.

Please suggest any solutions you might have.

JEDICW
06-08-2003, 07:18 PM
I think anything is possible anymore this forcemode 2 is awsome, but im kinda lost on a few things.......where u can pick your classes i caint seem to find out how to do that.

Ol-Gil
06-08-2003, 09:27 PM
A few things I've noticed:

Enabling client-side size controls causes all of my characters to start at the minimum size, not their tck defaults.

Mod_timescale no longer works at all for me, and this feature was VERY important for playing JKII with my 56k friends.

Finally, how can I enable a new model as a "Mandalorian" without enabling jetpacks for all of a certain class. I ask because the Montross model is not considered a Mandalorian by ForceMod II, and it should be.

Great mod, otherwise.

KaiaSowapit
06-08-2003, 10:16 PM
Here's a few things that I've discovered that may help some of you...

First off, there are many different models (and model names) floating around out there. We can't expect Azymn to keep track of them all. For example, there are at least 3 different BattleDroid models (and probably at least as many Jango's and Clone Troopers). Make sure your model name matches what is in both the tckmodel.cfg and the fm_classes.cfg files respectively. To find out the exact name of your model, use a pk3 viewing utility or choose the problem model in-game and in the console type: "model."

For example, if I look inside the pk3 of my Zam Wesell model, I see this:

models/players/zamvme

"zamvme" is the official name of my model not zam_wesell (an older Zam model) as appears in the currently shipping version of ForceMod II.

Also, both the tckmodel.cfg and fm_classes.cfg files appear to be case sensitive. What I mean by that is, I had problems when I added Zam as "ZamVME" - after I changed it to "zamvme" the model worked perfectly.

Don't forget there is also a handy cvar called "f_defaultclass" that should help if you've added a new model not listed in the fm_classes.cfg file (read more about how to use it in ForceMod's documentation).

Ol-Gil, I too had problems getting mod_timescale to work for me at first (I love a good slow-mo game every now and then). But as soon as I complained about it, it started working again (isn't it funny how that happens sometimes?). I can guarantee you that it still works, I'm just afraid I don't know what I did differently. I suggest you make sure you're hosting the server you're trying to set it in and don't give up trying. :)

JEDICW, leave no stone unturned... make sure you look at every menu item in-game (some are a lil tricky to find). If you're trying to chose a Jedi/Sith class, you should find that where you choose your Force Powers. As for Jedi/Merc, that should be right in the same spot you pick your model.

Hope that helps!

KaiaSowapit
06-08-2003, 11:07 PM
Some minor aesthetic changes I'd like to see...

I don't think most of these are specific to ForceMod, but I'll mention them anyway.

Maybe it's just me, but I think the default effects when using Force Protect & Absorb look awful (I'm also not fond of the yellow mess when using Force Seeing, but that's too useful to simply drop out of the game). Perhaps someone familiar with editing shaders can give me a few pointers on how I could change these to suit my taste?

Also, there are a few scaling irregularities that are a little unpleasant. Ever notice how many of the items and weapons in the maps look HUGE? The blaster rifle is bigger than Yoda. And speaking of Yoda (and other scaled down models), they appear to pass on their scale to other players they've dismembered, i.e.: if Yoda hacks off Desann's leg, suddenly Desann's dismembered leg becomes "Yoda-sized." I think this is just a limitation of Tchouky's scaling, but if I've set up something wrong, someone please tell me.

Then there's the thermal detonator. If you ask me, it looks more like a fancy firecracker rather than something that should be feared (yeah I'd like to see its damage and splash zone a little bigger too, but that's a whole other issue :)). This probably falls under the category of editing shaders as well. Anyone know how to make it appear to have a bigger boom?

Lastly (and I'm embarrassed to ask but here goes anyway), my custom hilts pack doesn't show all the hilts properly in the character setup menu. Some hilts appear with their custom icons and some just appear with a "generic" icon. Really a trivial issue, as the hilts work fine, I'm just curious why it's happening. (I'm using the Dueler's mod hiltpack, which for whatever reason works/looks fine in Dueler's mod).

Noxrepere
06-09-2003, 06:57 AM
To KaiaSowapit,

As far as the saber icons go, I believe it's because they are saved as jpg's in the pk3 rather than tga's. If you open up the icons in a photo edititing program, choose "Save As" and then choose ".tga" as the file extension, then zip everything up again, it should work fine. (It did for me at least.)

Also, it didn't work when I tried just changing the file extension manually (since I don't have my file extensions hidden), so apparently it must be done through "Save As".

Hope that helps.

KaiaSowapit
06-09-2003, 07:52 AM
Ahh... sometimes the most obvious is the most overlooked! Thanks 7th Jedi!

BTW, does anyone know the console command for setting bot intelligence (initiate, padawan, jedi, etc.) when starting a server? Is that what the cvar bot_thinktime is for?

Azymn
06-09-2003, 05:48 PM
I think Kaia answered most of the questions, but the few i saw might not have been:

Those of you having trouble choosing a merc class, make sure the server has the "Jedi vs Merc: MercMod" on the server startup screen. That's likely the problem.

The darth maul hilt now has a blade extend at the place it should. This will cause it to look funny if you have a hilt with the name "maul" in it that isn't saber staff length. Sorry for the inconvenience, i should've made this configurable. But the original jedimod has the maul staff saber hilt included, and it matches that length.

You should be able to make an invisible saber by making all four files relating to one blade black.

JEDICW
06-09-2003, 07:09 PM
I was wondering if i wanna play let say a dark sith player say darth maul do i need to download the file and put it in the forcemode2 file, and also for a jedi player other than what is availble?

Azymn
06-09-2003, 07:15 PM
If i understand what you're asking, you need to have the darth maul model downloaded in order to use it, yes.

JEDICW
06-09-2003, 07:46 PM
ok so do i put the file in the forcemode2 folder???

Azymn
06-09-2003, 07:49 PM
You can put it in the forcemod2 folder if you only want to use the model in forcemod, or in the base folder to make it available for any jk2 game.

Azymn
06-09-2003, 08:37 PM
Kaia - how long would it take you to whip up a .cfg file that set all forcemod and jedimod cvars to forcemod 2 defaults?

JEDICW
06-09-2003, 09:36 PM
Ok now that iv downloaded some skins where do i put them in my forcemode2 folder is thier a special place they need to go? They are dark and reg jedi char. ????

KaiaSowapit
06-09-2003, 09:36 PM
About two seconds. :)

(But that wouldn't be as cool as my setup, hehe.)

KaiaSowapit
06-09-2003, 09:57 PM
JEDICW, read carefully... :)

Put your new skins either in the "base" folder or the "ForceMod" folder. Personally I would go with base, but it's up to you.

Example: Put maul.pk3 in base folder.

Maul should now be a selectable skin when you start a new game.

JEDICW
06-10-2003, 06:13 PM
Ok guyes again i did download some char. skins and put them in my forcemode2 folder , then went to play and i had darth maul to play as enemy but it wasent the darth maul skin what am i doing wrong. Also i did notice when saber fighten and u saber lock somtimes u can see the saber blade is on the handle when locked up, i would think that the handle then would be destroyed.

rut-wa jodar
06-11-2003, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by JEDICW
Ok guyes again i did download some char. skins and put them in my forcemode2 folder , then went to play and i had darth maul to play as enemy but it wasent the darth maul skin what am i doing wrong. Also i did notice when saber fighten and u saber lock somtimes u can see the saber blade is on the handle when locked up, i would think that the handle then would be destroyed.

regarding saberlock problems this will occur if one character is taller than another. You can thank the Jedi Outcast developers for that. If only they had implemented singleplayer saberfighting into the multiplayer game we would have a killer multiplayer game.

Crowy
06-11-2003, 07:38 AM
jedicw, how many skins/models do you have in the base folder there have been several times where i have had to take out alot of skins for new models/skins to work....

Mace_Windu21
06-11-2003, 01:32 PM
ForceMod II - The Mercs Strike Back, has now been released on jk2files.com. I don't know if Azymn wanted it there yet, or if he put it there, but it's there. :fett:

Noxrepere
06-11-2003, 04:18 PM
I need a little help regarding the bots and their sabers. I've been trying to get the bots to use the double-bladed and dual-bladed sabers but the custom models I have won't do it.

The Desann bot will use his double-bladed saber, but the custom models will not. I've tried with Aurra Sing, Darth Maul, Exar Kun, and Maw (all of which have been denoted in the fm_classes.cfg file to use saber variations). They will change their roll style and saber blade style and Maw uses his invisible jetpack so I know it's reading from the file.

I do have the double and dual saber options in the lightsaber menu enabled. I've tried everything I can think of to try and get them to work but with no success. If anyone has any idea what the problem is please let me know.

Other than this little problem I'm having, I love the mod and think it's absolutely great.

Thanks Azymn for this wonderful piece of work!:)

Azymn
06-11-2003, 04:28 PM
Hmm....you could try tinkering with f_forcesabertype (i believe it's called "Force Saber:" or something in the lightsaber menu).

If it comes to it, you can edit the *.bot files as shown in "note_to_modelers.txt" in the documentation folder, and that will make them work for sure. As of right now, editing the *.bot files takes precedence over the fm_classes.cfg.

JEDICW
06-11-2003, 11:26 PM
Hello all while playen forcemod2 i found somthing that hopefully will be fixable:) i noticed when playen using darth mauls saber and it gets split in two u then have two whole darth maul saber hilts, shouldent it be just to halfs?

DarkLord60
06-12-2003, 02:06 AM
he would have to create two new models you cant really spit it in half unless the model was made to do so.

Mace_Windu21
06-12-2003, 02:05 PM
I noticed while playing as a Bounty Hunter, I had dual-blasters, and the laster in my left hand was slanted downward in his hand, and it looked really messed up. So please fix this. Thanks!:ewok:

JEDICW
06-12-2003, 06:47 PM
How do u play as a dark jedi and the other classes?? I have been playen jedi master on online but playen against the computer witch is fine im kinda lost, ive looked at the readme a bit and ive looked at the screen shots but i caint get the skins to work like boba fet, i think i might be doing somthing wrong??

Noxrepere
06-13-2003, 03:33 AM
Thanks Azymn.

Editing the bot files worked so it works fine now.

Great work on the mod.

KaiaSowapit
06-13-2003, 05:40 AM
JEDICW, look at the readme a bit more.

If that fails, maybe there's someone near your computer who can read it for you? ;)

P VADER
02-15-2004, 06:51 PM
OMG!! I just fought against darth maul Bot I managed to split his sith saber in two, he then begins to kick my butt me with 2 sabers. :drop2: I CAN'T FIQURE OUT HOW TO ACTAVATE MY STAFF INTO A DOUBLE BLADE LIGFHTSABER FOR STAR WARS JEDI KNIGHT:JEDI ACADEMY FOR XBOX IF ANYONE CAN TELL ME PLZ CONTACT ME AT MLESSERDEMON@AOL.COM THX U.:D