PDA

View Full Version : Kazaa problem...

Lunatic Jedi
05-17-2003, 08:17 AM
I've been cut off from my precious Kazaa for a few months now due to this problem.

Whenever I try to start it, it tells me that "I have uninstalled a part of Kazaa that is required to run." I checked the known issues on Kazaa.com, and apparently this is because my OS uses NTSF partitioning and I don't have local admin access.

But I AM the computer admin! I emailed Kazaa tech support, but no reply, of course. :mad:

I figure that I'll get better results from here since I'm sure that just about everyone here knows more than any halfwit that Kazaa tech support could dredge up.

HELP!!! :eek:

•-BLaCKouT-•
05-17-2003, 08:52 AM
Well, I'm not being funny here but I had probs with Kazaa and the advice I'd give is: Ditch Kazaa and get [removed] more reliable.

Failing that, have you tried uninstalling it, ripping it out of the registry and re-installing?

[b]B.

Sam Fisher
05-17-2003, 09:17 AM
I thought that Kazaa was like Warez or something...

Kstar__2
05-17-2003, 09:45 AM
it's a file exchange program :p

so the program isn't illegal, but people can get illegal stuff from it

tried KLite yet? maybe that'll help ;)

Sam Fisher
05-17-2003, 09:53 AM
Well then, sorry about that:D

•-BLaCKouT-•
05-17-2003, 09:58 AM
Kazaa Lite will probably run a whole lot better, as there's no spyware comes with it. Only problem being they want you to pay for it.
It's only 99c a month or something daft like that, but it's the principal. It takes all the fun out of it y'know? ;)

There are plenty of file-sharing progs without the spyware available for download from [removed]. It tells you in the descriptions whether there's 'bundled' stuff with it or not.

Personally I use Soulseek because there seems to be more of a 'community' to it, rather than just getting files from other peoples computers.

B.

Pad
05-17-2003, 10:00 AM
:disaprove:
no talkin about such programs people!

•-BLaCKouT-•
05-17-2003, 10:05 AM
Really? Sorry, should I delete the above?

B.

Reborn Outcast
05-17-2003, 10:11 AM
Yea sorry guys but I suggest deleting this whole thread... It will be deleted by the admins or a mod anyways because talk about Kazaa or any promgrams like that is against the rules.