PDA

View Full Version : Possible Spoilage - Enter the Matrix - Hacking discussion

BCanr2d2
05-18-2003, 04:35 AM
Who has learnt what codes are needed at the Hackthematrix.com - which I think has to do with Enter the Matrix.....

Or we can discuss how to use the hacking part of the game...

Have unlocked multiplayer, but other than that I am struggling..

ET Warrior
05-18-2003, 04:45 AM
I'm also having some trouble....
I've unlocked all the Directories I think.....

A:
B:
V:
RAM:
LOGOS:

Are there more? And I am certainly confused about the Hackthematrix.com

Also, there is the Decode command......but what can you decode with it? So far everything I type in there gets rejected....

BCanr2d2
05-18-2003, 04:49 AM
Someone has said that until you beat the game, then the sword training program isn't available..........

HertogJan
05-18-2003, 08:16 AM
Decode works like 'decode <word>'... You said you found words (yay I found them too... lots of em :) Try bill, morpheus, Carrie, Keanu, steak, lobby, Guns etc)... I think those are cheats :) I wanna play as keanu!!

Oh and how do I find the pass for the virtual drive?

-=ReApEr=-
05-18-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by HertogJan
Decode works like 'decode <word>'... You said you found words (yay I found them too... lots of em :) Try bill, morpheus, Carrie, Keanu, steak, lobby, Guns etc)... I think those are cheats :) I wanna play as keanu!!

Oh and how do I find the pass for the virtual drive?

You found it earlier, in notez2. Frozenfish, oh and just a bit of info. NEO is a playable character, and he kicks behinds.
:D

BCanr2d2
05-18-2003, 11:01 AM
I think that hackthematrix.com may or may not be linked to Enter The Matrix, as decode doesn't perceive these as words to decode......

Lost Welshman
05-18-2003, 11:10 AM
I'm about to start hacking again, trying to get Neo.

I've completed it but since I put the patch on I can't load the sword program :(

Any help on that would be great.

-=ReApEr=-
05-18-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Lost Welshman
I'm about to start hacking again, trying to get Neo.

I've completed it but since I put the patch on I can't load the sword program :(

Any help on that would be great.

Try dropping the sword in again? :)

HertogJan
05-18-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by BCanr2d2
I think that hackthematrix.com may or may not be linked to Enter The Matrix, as decode doesn't perceive these as words to decode......

True, it doesn't work :(

swphreak
05-18-2003, 01:17 PM
I've copmpleted the hacking part.. or got to Neo's message. I have A through Logos drives unlocked. I have Multiplayer, and Sparks Training Level unlocked.

I want my Neo!!!! *pouts*

As for the sword, I think you have to beat the game.

C'mon Reaper, spread the wealth :D

BCanr2d2
05-18-2003, 01:34 PM
How do you unlock the training level? I have done everything the same as you, except for that....

HertogJan
05-18-2003, 02:30 PM
I heard the white rabbit message now, it says it's the end, but I can't load up a training level, I can only enable the sword (niobe uses it now instead of a throw I believe)... How do I load up new extra levels??

Lost Welshman
05-18-2003, 02:56 PM
OK the deal with the sword is, you complete the game. Then you load the program and enter the matrix (as either character) and then instead of throw or the counter attack (when the enemy has a gun) will make the character pull out the sword and slash away. There are different variations of attack, and each character attacks differently.

Now then,

I can't seem to get multiplayer to work, I haven't tried since I beat the game on hard though. I unlocked the training level, and believe me, your not missing much.

I can drop weapons into the maps now, which is cool.

Finally,

Reaper, give us guys some clue about where to start this Neo hack, please!

-=ReApEr=-
05-18-2003, 03:59 PM
OK the deal with the sword is, you complete the game. Then you load the program and enter the matrix (as either character) and then instead of throw or the counter attack (when the enemy has a gun) will make the character pull out the sword and slash away. There are different variations of attack, and each character attacks differently.

Now then,

I can't seem to get multiplayer to work, I haven't tried since I beat the game on hard though. I unlocked the training level, and believe me, your not missing much.

I can drop weapons into the maps now, which is cool.

Finally,

Reaper, give us guys some clue about where to start this Neo hack, please!

Ok, some clues i shall give. Try using some key character names in echo and decode. :D

And btw once i reach 1000 posts, where i can get my title MaTriX HaCking LoRd. Then i will gladly tell everyone what there is to know. :D

swphreak
05-18-2003, 05:52 PM
Quick! Admins, give him is custom title!!!!! :D

Lost Welshman
05-18-2003, 09:15 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble Reaper but the decode.exe is only for use with decoding th eofficial stratagy guide.....

ANYWAY! I'm on the training level and ocmpletely stuck, done 4 puzzles and now am in a room full of large wooden crates with infinate spawning bad guys, what do I do from here?

El Sitherino
05-18-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak
I've copmpleted the hacking part.. or got to Neo's message. I have A through Logos drives unlocked. I have Multiplayer, and Sparks Training Level unlocked.

I want my Neo!!!! *pouts*

As for the sword, I think you have to beat the game.

C'mon Reaper, spread the wealth :D i didnt beat the game but i got it :D ill see where i got the hack at. i forgot

MysticSpade
05-18-2003, 10:46 PM
ok Reaper if you're usin Neo at all he would just be a pallete swap if anything. he'd kik just as much butt as Ghost or Niobe. the Katana is only unlockable after beating the game. and if any of you are curious there is a Neo code on gamewinners that is FAKE. and ET there is a LOT more than that in hacking. you can upload diff fighting styles training sims. toy around with your PS2 hardware. you can do virtually anything in hacking. i rather far in it. also reaper since you's a good hacker as well dial this number

001-949-555-0101

and listen to it and see what you can make of it. she's speaking in code. and she's got me stumped.

swphreak
05-18-2003, 11:37 PM
I dailed that earlier and had no idea what it was so I just... forgot about it.

You can download more fighting styles and stuff? Even with my Gamecube or is that only special for people who got the PC version?

MysticSpade
05-18-2003, 11:51 PM
i'm on the PS2 version, and i can manage to work it. they are on the disc itself. so the only thing the PC ppl have over us is the ability to download mods for it. but i like the game how it is.

ET Warrior
05-19-2003, 02:26 AM
Woah.....I'm gonna need some help from the spade on this one then.......how do you figure this stuff out? :confused:

Any help would be appreciated, because i've been messing around in the hacking for like........30 minutes with no new things atall......do you have to finish the game first before you can do this?

nova_wolf
05-19-2003, 07:30 AM
This is manic!

This Hacking Mode is getting more net-time and hours out of us than the main game!

BCanr2d2
05-19-2003, 07:50 AM
Well, most of us are working out how to play the game, use Focus and get through the levels. Some people want the short cuts via hacking, others wonder what this decode tool is for, since there is no real guide on what it really does.....

swphreak
05-19-2003, 10:03 AM
I guess I'll be searching for new RAMs to install :D

ET Warrior
05-19-2003, 03:43 PM
I really enjoy the hacking aspect of the game, it's a new twist on gaming that I find enjoyable.....it's like....cheating legally, because the game sort of wants you to do it.......and it makes it more like the Matrix, because you CAN do all that stuff.......this game is so awesome....

but seriously, mystic spade.....i'm stuck, completely.......help..

Kain
05-19-2003, 04:08 PM
okay, i beat it with Ghost and I've seen the supposed 'codes' for Neo, Morpheus, and Trinity, but none work. I have Multiplayer enabled, but I can't figure out how to access it. I have the katana unlocked and I have all the programs and drives opened. HOW DO I GET NEO AND MULTIPLAYER!!!!:( I spent like 3 hours trying to access multiplayer mode.

I'm using PS2, btw...not that it matters because all the codes are the same...

-=ReApEr=-
05-19-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by MydnightPsion
okay, i beat it with Ghost and I've seen the supposed 'codes' for Neo, Morpheus, and Trinity, but none work. I have Multiplayer enabled, but I can't figure out how to access it. I have the katana unlocked and I have all the programs and drives opened. HOW DO I GET NEO AND MULTIPLAYER!!!!:( I spent like 3 hours trying to access multiplayer mode.

I'm using PS2, btw...not that it matters because all the codes are the same...

To acess Multiplayer, you plug in a second Ps2 control. Then load up your save game. Search through all the levels and at the start theres a whole multiplayer section. :D

With levels like the Dojo, the Bedroom, the Ballroom, the subway.
:)

And once i do some more hacking tonight i will dial that number. :D

nova_wolf
05-19-2003, 05:13 PM
I dialled that number, and I have NO idea what is meant to be about, but it sounds very much like Persephone speaking out some form of sexual tension / fantasy....

She is a DIRTY girl.... ;)

-=ReApEr=-
05-19-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by nova_wolf
I dialled that number, and I have NO idea what is meant to be about, but it sounds very much like Persephone speaking out some form of sexual tension / fantasy....

She is a DIRTY girl.... ;)

ROFL. :p I haven't heard it yet but i would guess it has some secret codes in it. :)

swphreak
05-19-2003, 06:47 PM
I'm not seeing anything else to do with the hacking.....

Kain
05-19-2003, 07:48 PM
Okay, got multiplayer working...rather dissapointing that you can't pick your own character. Now, how do I get Neo, Trinity, Morpheus, or whoever else, because I am seriously starting to loose my damn mind. And the new training levels...unless its just Sparks, because that one just keeps giving me SWAT members to shoot.

swphreak
05-19-2003, 08:09 PM
Have you done 4 tests (shooting, shooting bridge, hand to hand, throwing off ledge)?

Those are the only 4 that I've seen and completed. I don't see anything else to do in that level...

Kain
05-19-2003, 08:27 PM
theres more than just shooting? how do I get to them?!

swphreak
05-19-2003, 08:35 PM
you press the buttons. In the 1st room, there are 2 tests. the first one where you shoot the ppl running at you. Then, there's another button next to it, that's the bridge shooting one. After you complete those 2 tests, the 2nd door will unlock. In that second room 2 guards will pop out, kill them, then keep movie. In your new room, there are these metal doors. If you've completed the earlier tests satisfactory, it will open when you walk up to it.

Kain
05-19-2003, 09:32 PM
What is a satisfactory score on the first 2 tests. I actually only got 17 on the ones where they run at you and I never got the bridge one:(
And I still can't get Neo:(

swphreak
05-19-2003, 11:35 PM
I'm begining to doubt that you can get Neo.... I think it's like 22 or something. Remember there's guns at the back of the room on the shelves. They really helped me :D

Phizzle
05-20-2003, 12:17 AM
Like this?
http://www.geocities.com/theseanconneryeffect/neo.txt

Eldritch
05-20-2003, 02:06 AM
Care to share how to do it, Phizzle? I'm sure we'd all be eternally grateful. :D

Lunatic Jedi
05-20-2003, 02:36 AM
:eyeraise:

Well, I think we've solved that little problem. Heh. :p

Kain
05-20-2003, 02:40 AM
Okay, hackthematrix.com is nothing more than a picture site.

Turn off the pop-up stoppers, click one of the 'codes', and type the code in the box and you'll get storyboards and artwork. One is a link to the matrix website...so uh...how do we get Neo?:confused:

Sam
05-20-2003, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by Phizzle
Like this?
http://www.geocities.com/theseanconneryeffect/neo.txt

How do we do it?

-=ReApEr=-
05-20-2003, 06:33 AM
Thank you phizzle for comfirming Neo is in the game. I am now accepting appoligies for all the hatred i got. Saying i was a liar etc. :)

swphreak
05-20-2003, 09:55 AM
I don't remember calling you a liar ;)

and perhaps being told how to unlock him would get many apologies ;)

-=ReApEr=-
05-20-2003, 10:23 AM
I don't remember calling you a liar ;)

and perhaps being told how to unlock him would get many apologies ;)

Hahahaha, not yet my friend. Not yet. :p

Eldritch
05-20-2003, 12:03 PM
That was obviously the PC game, so it'd be much easier to hack than a console.

And Reaper, I think part of the reason you got (and are getting) so much hatred is that you're witholding information and gloating about it (e.g. "hahaha... not yet.")
And besides that, saying such things leads most people to believe that you don't know how to do it, and that you're only waiting for the code to be released publicly before saying, "Yeah, I knew it the whole time."

I'm not saying you don't know how to do it, i'm just saying that if you do and you're holding out... well, it's just not a very nice thing to do.

-=ReApEr=-
05-20-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Eldritch
That was obviously the PC game, so it'd be much easier to hack than a console.

And Reaper, I think part of the reason you got (and are getting) so much hatred is that you're witholding information and gloating about it (e.g. "hahaha... not yet.")
And besides that, saying such things leads most people to believe that you don't know how to do it, and that you're only waiting for the code to be released publicly before saying, "Yeah, I knew it the whole time."

I'm not saying you don't know how to do it, i'm just saying that if you do and you're holding out... well, it's just not a very nice thing to do.

I am holding out indeed. Once i get 1000 posts and my custom title. I will tell everyone the way it gos. :D

HertogJan
05-20-2003, 02:34 PM
OK... In that case I'll hate you :mad: :mad:

I want the points back I donated to you for the FTF!!! :mad: :mad:

-=ReApEr=-
05-20-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by HertogJan
OK... In that case I'll hate you :mad: :mad:

I want the points back I donated to you for the FTF!!! :mad: :mad:

Hey i donated you points mate. :D

Eldritch
05-20-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by -=ReApEr=-
I am holding out indeed. Once i get 1000 posts and my custom title. I will tell everyone the way it gos. :D
Seems a little odd to make people wait 19 more posts, but I suppose you have your reasons.

-=ReApEr=-
05-20-2003, 05:10 PM
Seems a little odd to make people wait 19 more posts, but I suppose you have your reasons.

My reason is, i want to have my custom title first MaTrIx HaCKiNg LoRd. ;) That's my reason.

Eldritch
05-20-2003, 05:14 PM
I know, you've mentioned at least once already.

*shrugs* Still seems like a silly reason.

Darklighter
05-20-2003, 06:03 PM
I'm with Eldritch on this one.

Reaper, which version of the game do you have? (i.e. which platform?)

-=ReApEr=-
05-20-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Darklighter
I'm with Eldritch on this one.

Reaper, which version of the game do you have? (i.e. which platform?)

I have the PlayStation2 Verson of the game. :D

:D *1000TH Post Party Time* :D

Lost Welshman
05-20-2003, 06:05 PM
He has the PS2 version, I have the PC version and feel I'm missing out on alot. i.e. No Multiplayer and no way to load new fighting styles :(

Eldritch
05-20-2003, 06:07 PM

So make with the code, Mr. Hacking Lord.

ET Warrior
05-20-2003, 06:08 PM

Soooo, you have your title.....help us out man, at least give us some hints on hacking........

Lost Welshman
05-20-2003, 06:18 PM
Ok Reaper says to try Decoding and Echoing all the words said in this phone message, 'dial 0019495550101'

I tried and nothing happened but he seems convinced it will. Phizzle can YOU give us some help?

ET Warrior
05-20-2003, 06:24 PM
I dont understand why echoing would do anything......all it does it reprint what you typed back onto the screen..........:confused:

Lost Welshman
05-20-2003, 06:38 PM
Don't ask me,

personally I think he's just SAYing he knows to look good. I don't doubt that he's tried. I know neo is ingame, because I found the image of the ingame model. And there is that screenie above. Phizzle seems to be the only person who has a chance of telling us. But frankly all this conspracy is making me hate the game.

Eldritch
05-20-2003, 06:44 PM
That's true, Welshman. The other player models (like Morpheus and Trinity) are playable in MP mode, and they have their own unique fighting style, so Neo should be available as well.

Too bad that Reaper fed everyone a load of bull. Perhaps Phizzle will tell us.

-=ReApEr=-
05-20-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
I dont understand why echoing would do anything......all it does it reprint what you typed back onto the screen..........:confused:

They didn't put echoing for nothing. It does do something. ;)

Eldritch
05-20-2003, 06:46 PM
Then tell us exactly how you did it. If Lost Welshman says he followed your instructions and nothing happened, then unless you clarify, I've got to believe you're just doing this for attention.

ET Warrior
05-20-2003, 06:48 PM
They didn't put echoing for nothing. It does do something. ;)

Good to know :rolleyes: I'm so glad it does something.

Lost Welshman
05-20-2003, 06:49 PM
I know Decode is used with the Strategy guide. Beep and vibration are is used for fun. All the rest are pretty clear. I thought they put Echo in to make it more realistic. I don't know anymore.

Oh and reaper, sorry If you do know, Its just I dont think people appriciate you keeping it from us. :mad:

Eldritch
05-20-2003, 06:52 PM
Oh and reaper, sorry If you do know, Its just I dont think people appriciate you keeping it from us. :mad:
Yeah, you might as well be laughing and pointing at us. :mad:

Darklighter
05-20-2003, 07:17 PM

I completely agree with Lost here. Reaper, I personally do not think it is clever or funny to withold information such as this, as it is causing a massive amount of aggravation among the other participants in this thread. Either you kindly tell us now what to do, or you stop bragging with no intention of giving any info. Simple as that. Your witholding of information, like Eldritch said, only makes us believe that you haven't actually got Neo. Only way to prove you have is to tell us. I think that's a fair deal.

swphreak
05-20-2003, 08:24 PM
Yea, I'll quote somebody.... bit I don't remember the guy's name so oh well: "Don't brag dude, it's unbecoming."

Thrackan Solo
05-20-2003, 08:29 PM
Dudes! I just got my sword! It rocks! Niobe kicks arse. And i got multiplayer, but after that its like I cant do anything else, I look around but there is nothing I can do. I Think I have got all the drives
A:
B:
v:
RAM:
LOGOS:
Is that all?

Kain
05-20-2003, 09:29 PM
Well, insulting Reaper isn't going to get him to give us that code any sooner...but since he has his 1000 posts and his custom title and is STILL feeding us a buncha crap...well...Reaper....tsk tsk...

Jo
05-20-2003, 11:37 PM
im with everyone else. Reap, your my friend, but right now i feel you are acting like an A**,phizzle, could you please help us out.

@thracken: yes thats all the drives

swphreak
05-21-2003, 12:12 AM
ok, from what I gather, the decode is pointless unless you get the guide. They just coded the important words in the hints section, so don't worry about decode....

as for echo... I have no clue. Reaper is right.. they put it in for a reason.... I just don't see it...

and about Sparks Training level... it's nothing more than minigames. I dunno what you get if you do something special, but it's just there for fun.

I got this info when I did a lil reading at the mall :D

Eldritch
05-21-2003, 03:08 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I interpreted this as "Once I've got my custom title, i'll tell everyone exactly how to get Neo."
Seems pretty clear to me, but I guess "I will tell everyone the way it gos" means "I'll cryptically hint at it, without giving you any really substantial clues."

BCanr2d2
05-21-2003, 03:14 PM
Many of the programs have example command lines, try then at first to lead you on....

IE DROP has an example code, if you hacked before getting into the game, you would've dropped weapons into the second level of the post office... Try the example line first, it usually does something to help you...

Rad707_Pandaz
05-21-2003, 03:21 PM
The rabbit hole just got deeper.

If you go to www.danielinstitute.com, it says the site can't open but the thing is...the site IS open. They purposely put the Error 500- Site can't be found on purpose. They made the site look like the error page. If you scroll down, you'll find a hex code=0x800A0BCD. I don't know how to enter it into the matrix.com though. Someone tell me.

Also, once Hacking is finished, Neo tells you to "follow the white rabbit". Go to www.whiterabbit.com. The whole site is the friggin origin of the Matrix!! It's entirely fabricated but...damn. This game is sooo deep! I'm going to try and see how deep the rabbit hole goes. I'll

Eldritch
05-21-2003, 03:56 PM
When I go to www.danielinstitute.com all it does is re-route me automatically to enterthematrix.com.

Lost Welshman
05-21-2003, 06:23 PM
Doesn't look like Reaper is going to say any more :mad:

I'm beginning to lose intrest now!

I'll just wait 'til some decent guy posts it on the net, then it'll spread like butter on hot toast. :p

I so hope they add downloads for hackin gon the PC version, the Console versions sound better, what with being able to load new fighting styles and having multiplayer and all :(

I don't just want the crappy sword!

ET Warrior
05-21-2003, 06:23 PM
I also get re-routed to Enterthematrix.com.......interesting

I am really disheartened that nobody seems willing to assist us with our hacking woes. Either nobody knows and they're just pretending to know.....or they're just mean.......:mad:

-=ReApEr=-
05-21-2003, 07:01 PM
The rabbit hole is quite small acutally. I will post a guide to all the hacking tommorow. :)

*Makes lost remind him tommorow*

Kain
05-21-2003, 08:26 PM
Why don't you just post it TODAY, Reaper...unless your still looking for a working cheat...

swphreak
05-21-2003, 08:55 PM
wait.. are you going to website through the hacking thing on the game?

Kain
05-21-2003, 09:02 PM
whats that mean, phreak?

Hellfire Jedi
05-21-2003, 09:03 PM
I got some Q's for ya EtM Hackin' Lords....or w/e. :p
1. How do I 'unlock' multiplayer?
2. What in the fu$$ is multiplayer?
3. How do I be Neo?
4. Tell me how to do ALL the sweet stuff in the game.
If all can be answered a PM would be sweet.
5. (FINAL) Why in the hell can't I access internet on hacking. It says "Internet Access not availble on this system."
Thank you guys....

Kain
05-21-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Hellfire Jedi
I got some Q's for ya EtM Hackin' Lords....or w/e. :p
1. How do I 'unlock' multiplayer?
2. What in the fu$$ is multiplayer?
3. How do I be Neo?
4. Tell me how to do ALL the sweet stuff in the game.
If all can be answered a PM would be sweet.
5. (FINAL) Why in the hell can't I access internet on hacking. It says "Internet Access not availble on this system."
Thank you guys.... `

1. Beat the game, enter hacking, put the code D5C55546
2. Whats it sound like
3. Reaper won't tell
4. Learn
5. Because you must not have the internet thing for whatever platform your on...or maybe you just can't.

Rad707_Pandaz
05-21-2003, 09:30 PM
NO! They reconfigured it! It wasn't redirecting this morning! Now, www.danielinstitute.com, .edu, and .org all redirect to the ETM page. I haven't tried .gov yet. I accessed all these sites through a computer. I still have zero luck on finding what to decode. I just know that its in the Official strategy guide. I'm going to try decoding some of the billboard signs in that driving mission in ETM.

Have any of you gone to www.whiterabbit.com (http://www.whiterabbit.com/) ? We might find some answers here. If you don't believe its the origin of the matrix, here's a description they give of their business.

"AEACUS is powerful modeling software for making sense out of the complex interactions within large organic demographics over time. AEACUS creates artificial worlds, populated with intelligent, self-contained 'agents' that interact with their environment and each other. By manipulating the rules driving the simulation, AEACUS allows the user to uncover hidden patterns in complex systems and draw conclusions based on seemingly unpredictable behavioral sets. AEACUS can be used in models of consumer spending, advertising penetration, political campaigns or virtually any interdependent microcosm."

Sound familiar? If you just think its a coincidence, then I'm about to prove you wrong, because at the bottom is a link called "Enter the Matrix". It brings you to a screen where you can choose the blue pill or red pill. Also, they describe some of the "Agents" they use. One is described as:
"Environment Agent – Currently, this agent does not play any useful role in the model, but this it is expected to be used in future versions."

Ooooo, the irony. Currently, I'm going to email White Rabbit software and ask about their relations with the matrix. If you don't hear from me, you know what happened. Either i got the answers I wanted (How to be Neo, The cheat codes, etc.), or they sent somebody after me. On further note, I accessed some of the links on that website. But the funny thing is, the linked sites have NO links to White Rabbit Software.

And would someone please tell me how the hex codes work?

Eldritch
05-21-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Rad707_Pandaz
Ooooo, the irony. Currently, I'm going to email White Rabbit software and ask about their relations with the matrix. If you don't hear from me, you know what happened. Either i got the answers I wanted (How to be Neo, The cheat codes, etc.), or they sent somebody after me. On further note, I accessed some of the links on that website. But the funny thing is, the linked sites have NO links to White Rabbit Software.
It's not really a mystery what White Rabbit Software's connection to the Matrix is... after all, there's a link to the movie webpage from their site. AEACUS could be a code of some kind, though.

Rad707_Pandaz
05-21-2003, 10:07 PM
Found a couple of DECODE thingies. I haven't tried them out yet.

ECHUMXBIAOEF

IDYSFNYC

DCAYOE7VDSZZCKO

If it doesn't work try replace "O" with "0". I have one more but these should keep you all busy.

Kain
05-21-2003, 10:10 PM
Of course, if Reaper sees any of this, he'll say something completly cryptic...like idiotic cryptic*not calling Reaper an idiot...just his cryptic talking*.

AEACUS might be a code...which might be cool. But everyone knows what'd be cooler...IF REAPER WOULD SAY WHAT HE SAID HE'D DO AND TELL US:mad: !!!

Sorry...it just aggravates me when people do that kinda crap...

ET Warrior
05-21-2003, 10:16 PM
I think we're ALL a bit upset with reaper......he did promise us, and he has not delivered, and we've all been stuck on the hacking for QUITE some time.

Kain
05-21-2003, 10:19 PM
Well ET...I have something we can agree on! It'd be cool to be one of the Twins in game play.

ET Warrior
05-21-2003, 10:29 PM
Well ET...I have something we can agree on! It'd be cool to be one of the Twins in game play.

THAT.....would......be....AWESOME...

Especially if you could phase shift into their ghost-like form.....woah....that'd be soooo neat.

Kain
05-21-2003, 10:38 PM
Found a couple of DECODE thingies. I haven't tried them out yet.

ECHUMXBIAOEF

IDYSFNYC

DCAYOE7VDSZZCKO

If it doesn't work try replace "O" with "0". I have one more but these should keep you all busy.

the first one activates 'SwordPlay', but its not the sword throw thing.

the 2nd one, don't work

the 3rd says red solution...I dunno what it means...

swphreak
05-21-2003, 11:08 PM
the 3rd says red solution...I dunno what it means...

Virtual Drive ;)

Someone on the net will post how to get Neo and get all the glory eventually....

Kain
05-21-2003, 11:17 PM
Virtual Drive ;)

Someone on the net will post how to get Neo and get all the glory eventually....

Virtual drive? What the hell does that mean? This hacking wares on one's nerves

and so far nobodies stepped forward...

Kain
05-21-2003, 11:37 PM
AEACUS dosen't do anything

J.K Luke
05-22-2003, 10:31 AM
eh? so up till now, no one knows how to unlock Neo yet?

Eldritch
05-22-2003, 11:05 AM
Pretty much, Luke. There are people who supposedly know, but have chosen to remain silent thus far.

Kain
05-22-2003, 11:11 AM
even though they promised to tell us when they got their custom title...

J.K Luke
05-22-2003, 11:23 AM
Pretty much, Luke. There are people who supposedly know, but have chosen to remain silent thus far.

the closest I can get regarding ETM hacking is this, but the author mentioned that he doesn't know how to unlock Neo, Trinity and Morpheus yet...

ETMHacking (http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/enter_the_matric_hacking.txt)

Eldritch
05-22-2003, 12:18 PM
Booo! Using a FAQ is like robbing yourself of some of the fun of the gameplay.

I'd only use the guide if it showed how to get other playable characters outside of MP mode.

-=ReApEr=-
05-22-2003, 03:38 PM
Ok people, here is a full hacking guide here. :)

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/enter_the_matric_hacking.txt

Lost Welshman
05-22-2003, 04:17 PM
Thank you Reaper, you finally found something then.

J/k :p

I hope it mentions Neo.

Does anyone know what this Swordplay is?

EDIT!-

'Q: How do I use Neo, Morpheus or Trinity in the main game?
A: As far as I know, you can't.'

THATS WHAT IT SAYS ON THAt SITE, THANKS! :mad:

Here is the only thing we didn't know:

Decode these

IADYSFNYC
DCAYOE7VDSZZCKO
EABXMSXAMA7EUNGD
ECHUMXBIAOEF

Not sure what they do yet. Anyone know?

Darklighter
05-22-2003, 04:19 PM
It says you can't link directly to the text file. So Reaper, you gonna let us in on how you got Neo, since you told everyone you got him?:)We've all been waiting with baited breath ^^

ET Warrior
05-22-2003, 05:18 PM
Yeah......so......um...........There was not a single thing on that FAQ that I didn't know how to do already, EXCEPT for the decode terms. There was no mention of Echoing either......and unless your name is Spencer.......you didn't write that......so are YOU ever going to tell us anything? Or have you been feeding us a line this entire time?

Kain
05-22-2003, 06:41 PM
Dammit ReApEr! This dosen't help at all! Just flat out tell us how you got Neo or that you don't got him so we can talk about other things. I don't know why you felt you needed this BS attention you're getting, but its quickly turning into negative attention.

Kain
05-22-2003, 08:39 PM
okay. apparently, the decoding of those 3 codes has lead me to believe that they only help in getting the sword. 'SwordPlay', 'Red Solution', 'Sparks', and I forgot the other one. See the association? You need the red solution for the sword and you need Sparks, which you get from the RAM, which is where the TRAINING is. Any sign of me finding Neo? No. But unlike some people, if and when I find him, you'll all be the first to know. I give my word. THEN we'll see who the REAL MaTrIx HaCkInG LoRd is!

Oh, and ReApEr. Looks like someone found YOUR source before YOU did. Why is that..?:mad: For shame, ReApEr...

RoguePhotonic
05-22-2003, 11:25 PM
You guys ever consider the fact that the image he showed is fake.... :tsk:

You can pick anyone you want in multiplayer mode but not neo....but you cannot play as them in single player....just wait for the mods to roll in....good times ahead :D

ET Warrior
05-22-2003, 11:36 PM
Mods are of no help to me when I have ETM on Xbox.......

Darklighter
05-22-2003, 11:39 PM
Mods are of no help to me when I have ETM on Xbox.......

Same here dude:(

Well, it can't be helped I guess. Who knows, maybe there is a secret code to get Neo (I mean, that was one of the main reasons people wanted a Matrix game - to play as the hero), and the game creators might release it at some point. Until then, we'll just have to make do:)

Sivy
05-23-2003, 12:02 AM
*flies in*

the neo picture could have been made by doing this

Ok, here is a "not so smart" way to play as neo, trinity and morpheus:

first, BACKUP all the files for ghost and niobe in the actors folder

then use Neo.dcx/Morpheus_coat.dcx to replace all the Ghost***.dcx by renaming Neo.dcx/Morpheus.dcx to Ghost_Costume04.dcx etc.

or

use Trinity_zen.dcx to replace all Niobe files (except for Niobe_cellphone.dcx, Niobe_cellphone_pik.dcx and Niobe_thermal.dcx i guess.. don't ask me why cause i'm also not sure, i didn't replace it)

now u can play Neo vs Seraph in the Seraph's Tea House as in the movie, or fight the 3 agent smith with Neo. Cool!

or these codes have been suggested

To get Neo
F2222546

To get Trinity
00F58256

To get Morpheous

but i haven't tested them yet

if i found out more i will be back

*flies off*

ET Warrior
05-23-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Darklighter
Same here dude:(

Well, it can't be helped I guess. Who knows, maybe there is a secret code to get Neo (I mean, that was one of the main reasons people wanted a Matrix game - to play as the hero), and the game creators might release it at some point. Until then, we'll just have to make do:)

I HOPE there is a code to get Neo.....because it would be way fun to play as Neo, especially if he was able to kill agents and whatnot.

Sivy
05-23-2003, 12:15 AM
*flies back*

ok i don't know what this does

In the Hacking engine, instead of using "GUEST", you can LOGIN as FREEMIND or COWBOYCURTIS to hear a message from Morpheus

anyone know?

Lunatic Jedi
05-23-2003, 12:33 AM
When you login as one of those, you can hear a message from Morpheus. What else is there to know?

Just enter LOGIN, then enter FREEMIND, then select which part of the message you want to hear. Its that easy. :rolleyes:

Sivy
05-23-2003, 12:35 AM
so i take it he doesn't say anything very interesting then

Lunatic Jedi
05-23-2003, 12:48 AM
Actually, he doesn't. He just gives some rather cryptic advice. Its worth hearing, though.

Jo
05-23-2003, 12:52 AM
siv, do you know if your method for neo works or not. im just asking.

Sivy
05-23-2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Masterjo2588
siv, do you know if your method for neo works or not. im just asking.

well, renaming files method works, i haven't done it myself but other people have and say it works. although there is some bugs (still got ghost's voice and mouth doesn't move in cutscenes :()

the codes? I don't know, haven't tried them yet

Jo
05-23-2003, 01:06 AM
codes are bull s***, they dont work, someone put them there saying they would, but the dont, at least not for me.

Lunatic Jedi
05-23-2003, 01:09 AM
Why can't I unlock multiplayer? Is it because I'm playing on PC?

Sivy
05-23-2003, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Lunatic Jedi
Why can't I unlock multiplayer? Is it because I'm playing on PC?

yeah i don't think the PC version has multi-player.

Lunatic Jedi
05-23-2003, 01:28 AM

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sivy
05-23-2003, 01:38 AM
yeah i know

thats why i'm hoping they've given us pc users something else to make up for it.

Lunatic Jedi
05-23-2003, 01:50 AM
Doesn't look like it so far. I feel cheated. :(

ET Warrior
05-23-2003, 04:30 AM
It's okay, multiplayer is decent fun, but it's not that great. You're not missing out on much.

J.K Luke
05-23-2003, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by Sivy B
*flies in*

the neo picture could have been made by doing this

or these codes have been suggested

To get Neo
F2222546

To get Trinity
00F58256

To get Morpheous

but i haven't tested them yet

if i found out more i will be back

*flies off*

I just checked the 3 codes, none working...

Kain
05-23-2003, 10:31 AM
so is it safe to assume that ReApEr is full of crap?

Sivy
05-23-2003, 10:50 AM
i believe the picture that was posted was done by renaming the neo model

i.e

then use Neo.dcx to replace all the Ghost***.dcx by renaming Neo.dcx to Ghost_Costume04.dcx etc.

but i hope there is a way of getting him through the hack.
and as soon as i find it i will post it.

J.K Luke
05-23-2003, 11:15 AM

i.e

then use Neo.dcx to replace all the Ghost***.dcx by renaming Neo.dcx to Ghost_Costume04.dcx etc.

have you tried the method you described above? or are there anyone here have tried it?

J.K Luke
05-23-2003, 11:58 AM
Ok people, here is a full hacking guide here. :)

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/enter_the_matric_hacking.txt

LOL! That was what I posted just 2 threads above yours :evil6:

i.e

ok, i've renamed most of niobe.dcx to that of trinity_zen.dcx and it actually works!! that includes the cut-scenes(not fmv ones).

now gonna change ghost to that of Neo...

I also wonder what happen if I replace Niobe to that of Neo...

J.K Luke
05-23-2003, 12:58 PM
hmmm... I renamed ghost's files to taht of Neo's, but the game crashes everytime it loads in the post office scene. However, Icould see neo's head just before it crashes...

ET Warrior
05-23-2003, 04:22 PM

oh and just a bit of info. NEO is a playable character, and he kicks behinds.

Well, since he told us that, but has apparently been unable to tell us how........I would say yes, he was just full of it.

Lost Welshman
05-23-2003, 04:47 PM
Luke! Help you're our only hope!

I tried the Neo thing, didn't work,

I tried the Trinity thing and it still crashed. You said you changed MOST of the files, which ones exacly?

Thanks!

-Edit

Ok, I Was rushing to show you so the pic I took isn't that good but LOOK! (excuse the low health I was on hard and kept looking for a decent shot, I didnt get one :p)

http://linuxsupportdesk.net/pichost/uploads/Lostsneo.jpg

Ok, as soon as someone notices this I will tell them. Promise, none of this FOLLOW THE WHITE RABBIT crap that Reaper talks of.

Gtg for lunch now, bye!

nova_wolf
05-23-2003, 05:51 PM
Have now completed both storylines (STILL love the deadpan expression of Ghost at the end when he say 'Well, atleats thats something to look forward too!')

Have the sword.

NAILED the training missions (28 on test 4)

NO Neo.

I hate to question Reaper, as has never soon an ******* side, but I thnk I have to submit to the will of the masses here!

Repear, unless you can prove you, your obviously full of it!

Although if you have atleast changed the model, its a start of a mod! (But I thought you were on X-Box like me...)

Lost Welshman
05-23-2003, 06:03 PM
BOOM! AND HERE IT IS PC FANS (Sorry to you console owners :()

ok, open up the game folder, and open up the 'actors' folder, make a backup

Then!

If you want to play as Neo then find a file named something like

Ghost_Costume_e01.dcx and Then copy the file name. Delete the last number so you don't come up with any errors then find the Neo.dcx and rename it Ghost_Costume_eo1.dcx

Sadly this doesn't work across all levels, only the one where he wears that costume, so you'll have to find out yourself. Try other costume names for different levels.

I assume this works with Niobe, and also works with every other character .dcx

Enjoy!

I know y'all love me, :p

I think I'll play as Agent Smith now...te he

Oh and Reaper, thanks for wasting our valuble time :p

Sorry, I don't like holding grudges so *throws grudge out the window* :p keep on trying to find a was on console versions

oh and Nova, 93 on test 4 :P

The trick is, stand near an edge, no focus, and just make sure the enemys are on the sides, left is better. And whatever side they are on, hold that direction and throw (works for behind aswell)
Just try not to slip :p

Look guys:

http://linuxsupportdesk.net/pichost/uploads/LostSparks.jpg

I've decided to make you all some Mods for the game. If you want. Because I was thinking and got around the only having one neo skin at a time. I can make a series of mods so you can choose the character you want to play as, I'll even make a backup so you can replace all the edited files if you want to go back to the original. :D

Kain
05-23-2003, 10:36 PM
What about us on PS2?! I WANT NEO, DAMMIT!!!

J.K Luke
05-24-2003, 01:27 AM
Luke! Help you're our only hope!

I tried the Neo thing, didn't work,

I tried the Trinity thing and it still crashed. You said you changed MOST of the files, which ones exacly?

Thanks!

-Edit

Ok, I Was rushing to show you so the pic I took isn't that good but LOOK! (excuse the low health I was on hard and kept looking for a decent shot, I didnt get one :p)

http://linuxsupportdesk.net/pichost/uploads/Lostsneo.jpg

Ok, as soon as someone notices this I will tell them. Promise, none of this FOLLOW THE WHITE RABBIT crap that Reaper talks of.

Gtg for lunch now, bye!

wow! nice one Welshman. As for using Trinity, use Trinity_Zen.dcx to rename Niobe's files, except those with cellphone and thermal.dcx. You should be able to do it .

If you want to play as Neo then find a file named something like Ghost_Costume_e01.dcx and Then copy the file name. Delete the last number so you don't come up with any errors then find the Neo.dcx and rename it Ghost_Costume_eo1.dcx

Cool! gonna try this after Iget back from work

Thanks again welshman!

swphreak
05-24-2003, 02:35 AM
oh, I know Neo is a playable character, the game developers would be asking for death wishes if they didn't put him in. We just don't know how to get him and since someone won't tell us, we just can't get him yet...

Kain
05-24-2003, 04:11 AM
Does anyone know how to break necks? I can do it on accident like 1 in a 100 times. I wanna know how ta do it all the time.

AND, has anyone figured out how to change fighting styles? I like Seraph's and Trinity's. And the Agents with that unblockable kick BS.

Sam
05-24-2003, 04:44 AM
Grab someone from behind and press the focus button.

Lost Welshman
05-24-2003, 08:20 AM
Yeah, make sure your not in focus mode before you grab them.

My turn for a custom title, only 200 posts to go :P

Anyway, want Neo to be in every level? (Including the cars?)

Then I'll write a short guide.

Open up the game folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Enter the Matrix\)
Then open the 'actors' folder (after making a backup of course)

now find the Neo.dcx (or any character you want to be) And copy this file about 15 times, that should leave you with more than enough.

Now find the file named Ghost_1_Car.dcx and copy the file name and add something like 'Ghost_1_Car1.dcx' so no errors will occur. Then paste the original file name over the 'Neo.dcx' and then repeat this for all of ghosts Car and Costume Files and Vwala, you have a new character.

This can be done with Niobe aswell.

You can also replace bad guys, like if you want to see more of the twins.

(If you want to add morpheus add the 'morpheus_coat' version as the other one is designed for

The Free way Level

so he doesn't have much detail)

ENJOY!

J.K Luke
05-24-2003, 08:27 AM
ok guys! You can play as Neo now, check these two screenshots I have, heck he's with Trinity too

http://web.singnet.com.sg/~foxhound/Neo.jpg

http://web.singnet.com.sg/~foxhound/neotrinity.jpg

to play as Neo, copy out Neo.dcx file into desktop, search Ghost(with dcx format) files, rename neo.dcx to each of ghost file. So you should get all ghost file replaced by Neo.dcx(1.16MB).

Next, disable Shadow option, otherwise, it will crash your game to desktop.

You can use Trinity by replacing Niobe files(don't replace niobe files with cellphones and thermal) the same method for replacing Ghost files to Neo.

You can also use this method to play other chars such as Morpheus,Sparks,Agent Smith altough I haven't tried them yet.

I hope the instructions are clear :D

-=ReApEr=-
05-24-2003, 08:36 AM

No i am not full of crap, i have not even posted a way yet. Try putting your ps2 disk in your pc cdrom. :rolleyes:

Haven't you ever copied the music that you liked off your games, by putting your ps2 disk in the cdrom. :eek:

Lost Welshman
05-24-2003, 12:40 PM
Look, Trinity - Morpheus Combat, don't ya just love this!

http://linuxsupportdesk.net/pichost/uploads/Morpheus.jpg

Darklighter
05-24-2003, 01:11 PM
Yeah...love it...

*shakes fist then rams his head into a wall*

I want Neo!:mad:

:p

Kain
05-24-2003, 01:34 PM
Welsh...your cool and all*you made my sig after all*BUT YOUR A TEASER!!!:mad: :(
ReApEr, we say your full of crap because your 'full hacking guide' hasn't helped THUS FAR! Just flat out tell us and I'll straight swallow my pride and apologize.

Thrackan Solo
05-24-2003, 01:48 PM
ARGH! It seems I have become stuck. I cant seem to get anywhere else on the Hacking. Right now I have unlocked all the drives, the swords, done the thing with Spark/Emp's. It's making me mad!:mad:

Kain
05-24-2003, 02:02 PM
Okay, ReApEr...your so full of it. First you say it has to do with decode or echo and persophonie's phone message or whatever, now your saying put the ps2 disc inside the CD rom. Then tell me why, ReApEr, that it says that Windows cannot read that format of disc, thus providing the instance that:
A: You can't copy music off of it, which sucks
B: Whatever it had to do with Neo couldn't be true
So, that being said, I reiterate my statement: ReApEr is full of it

No i am not full of crap, i have not even posted a way yet
That, dear ReApEr, is why you are...

Lost Welshman
05-24-2003, 02:14 PM
Welsh...your cool and all*you made my sig after all*BUT YOUR A TEASER!!!:mad: :(

Really sorry, I didn't mean to tease the console users, I just wanted to show the PC users how cool this is. Maybe I should put this in a spoiler...yeah, CONSOLE USERS DONT READ! :p

Does anyone else find playing with Neo alot easier? I know it doesn't change anything but the model, but I feel more fluid with what I do. When I fought Cajo or whatever his name is, usually he stops halfway and you have to fight 3 enemys, but with Neo I staked him before he could get a punch in. I LOVE THIS! (If you own the console version why are you reading this? I'm sorry :(

J.K Luke
05-24-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Thrackan Solo
ARGH! It seems I have become stuck. I cant seem to get anywhere else on the Hacking. Right now I have unlocked all the drives, the swords, done the thing with Spark/Emp's. It's making me mad!:mad:

for the hacking part, you're done.
and fyi, the difference between the method I described and welsh is that, mine need to disable the shadow and you can play the new 'chars' in any levels.

icefox98
05-24-2003, 07:12 PM
Owned. =D

I tried Niobe with the sword first...hehe. It sure is fun chopping up Hugo with Neo, too. I'll get a screeny of that, also.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-5/79592/owned.jpg

Edit: Dang Jpeg conversion....lost a bit of the resolution. Oh well. :rolleyes:

Rad707_Pandaz
05-24-2003, 08:33 PM
I've finally figured out what all the DECODE stuff does. Guess what it does? Really, guess. Guess again. You're not even close, so I'll just tell you. Nothing. They "mostly" do nothing. Apparently, DECODE was put in "exclusively" for the Official Strategy Guide. The Guide has TONS of these decode codes and the only thing they do is fill in words. On the front cover of the Official Stategy Guide they have a long code. When decoded it says" Take your game further". At first I thought I had to beat the game on hard or something, but then I figured out that "Take your game further" is on all of the strategy guides from Bradleygames. So it's a major let down. Sorta like in that movie "A Christmas Story" where the kid gets his secret decoder thingie so he could decode messages from the Little Orphan Annie's radio show. After decoding a special message, he finds that the message said "Don't forget to drink your Ovaltine". It was a friggin ad.

I feel cheated. But i know for a fact that you can play as Neo. Since logic dictates that since a 3D model of Neo exists (just look at Neo's image file) but the model in question never appears in the game, that it wasn't put in for nothing.

We now know something we didn't know before. The websites the game told us to hack were put in just so they could get more internet activity on their sites. Neo's cryptic message,"Follow the white rabbit" is just a wild goose chase. But something tells me that the developers are still holding out on us. C'mon, half of the friggin cheat codes don't work.

Sivy
05-24-2003, 08:57 PM

But i know for a fact that you can play as Neo. Since logic dictates that since a 3D model of Neo exists (just look at Neo's image file) but the model in question never appears in the game, that it wasn't put in for nothing.

exactly, it must be there for a reason
i think there's a code, but no one knows it yet.
there has to be something for pc users to make up for the fact that we haven't got multi-player, and i think (hope) a playable neo is it. or maybe they just put it there to be helpful to game modders. i don't know, but its safe to say we will be able to play as neo one way or another.

Darklighter
05-24-2003, 09:26 PM
So what now? Are we ust supposed to wait around for the game developers to leak a little code to enable us console users to play as Neo? I mean it's the only way: there must be a million million cheat code combinations, and I am sure no one is crazy or desperate enough to go through everyone.

*fidgets in his chair*

...Ah hell...

*goes to try every code combination*

:(

J.K Luke
05-25-2003, 01:48 AM
do you guys think that the method to get MP for PC ver is somewhat different than the console ver? I still can't believe they didn't include MP option for PC version.

Anyway, for the ability to play as Neo,Trinity and Morpheus, I'm pretty sure it's for modding purpose only or for multiplayer...

Lunatic Jedi
05-25-2003, 03:36 AM
Now, I'm ABSOLUTELY sure that there must be some way to get Neo.

How do I know? HERE'S HOW!

Alright, did anybody notice that Neo never actually appears in the standard game? And yet, his model is included in the game. Why would they put in a character model that never appears? They wouldn't. Therefore, there must be SOME WAY to get Neo. The creators wouldn't have put him in there if there wasn't.

ET Warrior
05-25-2003, 05:40 AM
Alright, did anybody notice that Neo never actually appears in the standard game? And yet, his model is included in the game. Why would they put in a character model that never appears? They wouldn't. Therefore, there must be SOME WAY to get Neo. The creators wouldn't have put him in there if there wasn't.

*pauses*
*looks up 4 posts*
*reads*

I feel cheated. But i know for a fact that you can play as Neo. Since logic dictates that since a 3D model of Neo exists (just look at Neo's image file) but the model in question never appears in the game, that it wasn't put in for nothing.

Woah....De Ja Vu............:p

Lunatic Jedi
05-25-2003, 06:25 AM
Oh... you're right... I probably should have read that first.

*Smacks himself in the head*

Lost Welshman
05-25-2003, 08:13 AM
Yeah, I think people missed the huge section on the last page. MP is not included in the PC version (as far as we know) BUT you can play as Neo or any other character, as I posted the other day. Just follow the instuctions and you can be The One, or someone else. As for the modding I made some .zip files so that you can easily change between characters by unzipping the files into the correct folder, only problem is I can upload them anywhere. Ah well.

I also noticed how there is an animation folder, but it doesn't show where Ghost and Niobe's Animation files are, so I can't seem to change the fighting styles at the moment, maybe someone can work on it.

Rad707_Pandaz
05-25-2003, 09:16 PM
Deja Vu!!!!!???!!! Aw crap...a glitch in the matrix...dammit.

Lunatic Jedi
05-26-2003, 04:07 AM
A glitch in the Matrix?

OH CRAP! AGENTS ARE COMING! RUN!!!

*Agents bust down the door and start shooting*

Sam
05-26-2003, 06:32 AM
any news on a way to get neo? Or is Reaper still stalling?

Lunatic Jedi
05-26-2003, 07:02 AM
I doubt he knew to begin with. He was probably just desperate for attention.

*Dodges a bullet, runs away*

Agent: Terminate the rebels!

Kain
05-26-2003, 08:45 PM
We've decided ReApEr isn't stalling and that he's full of crap.

Lunatic Jedi
05-26-2003, 08:51 PM
Way to point out the obvious. :rolleyes:

Heh, j/k

Seriously though, I SAY WE HANG REAPER UPSIDE DOWN BY HIS ANKLES AND MAKE HIM WATCH EVERY EPISODE OF BARNEY EVER MADE, EVER, AND HIT HIM OVER THE HEAD WITH A LARGE WOODEN SPOON EVERY 10 MINUTES!!! AAAAAAAAAGGGHHHH!!!!!! :mad:

Too harsh, or not harsh enough? :p

C'jais
05-26-2003, 08:55 PM
Guys, give him a break.

Surely you must have better things to do than this. Whining about it or actually finding out yourself? What to choose?

If he knows, it's his damn business if he wants to reveal it or not. And believe me, you don't seriously trust a guy to keep his word over the damn internet, do you?

swphreak
05-26-2003, 09:04 PM
he said something about searching on your PS2 disc. I'd give it a go... but I have Gamecube and my comp can't read GC discs/ Just get over it now.

Darklighter
05-26-2003, 09:07 PM
Seems so;)lol

It just got a lot of people aggravated, him building up our hopes (I was one of them too, I must admit). It's pretty clear that Reaper isn't telling the truth, and if he is, like Jais said, it's his choice if he wants to tell us.

Well, looks like us console users have a few options:

1. We sit here waiting for the developers of the game to release the cheat code for playable Neo (which we've established must exist...I mean come on, a Matrix game without Neo and a Neo model just springing out of nowhere? Can't be coincidence...)

2. We go through the hacking again, trying all the code combinations possible, using the seemingly useless Decode and Echo commands (which to be frank, will take too much damn time and effort ><)

3. We sit here and moan about how evil the game makers are for not putting Neo in there.

I like the last one ^^

C'jais
05-26-2003, 09:21 PM
Ow, listen to yourselves.

You are whining and b*tching over a god damned cheat.

You are whining over not being able to play f*cking Neo.

You are going completely ballistic on a guy who claimed he had said cheat.

Sorry, but I find it both highly amusing and very sad that you're getting so riled up over this.

Listen, you've got Ghost and Niobe. They're cooler than Neo.

Lunatic Jedi
05-26-2003, 09:27 PM
Cooler than Neo? WHAT?! NEVER!!! :mad:

DIE BLASPHEMER!!!

*Angry mob chases Jais*

C'jais
05-26-2003, 09:35 PM
Cooler than Neo? WHAT?! NEVER!!! :mad:

:p

So much fury for so little gain.

Put your energy to good use elsewhere ;)

Kain
05-26-2003, 10:32 PM
Ghost and Niobe are cool and all, but Neo has that cool trenchcoat.

C'jais
05-26-2003, 11:00 PM
Ghost and Niobe are cool and all, but Neo has that cool trenchcoat.

Ghost has a f*cking suit.

And an evil beard.

I rest my case, trenchcoat or not.

ET Warrior
05-26-2003, 11:23 PM
Neo is WAY cooler than ghost.

I mean, Ghost is okay...but Neo is the ONE dammit.........seriously.

I've been hacking for days and days guys, and quite frankly i'm comin up empty. I've got nothign left.

So i just have to wait until somebody else figures it out, because my brain is completely out of ideas.

Kain
05-26-2003, 11:25 PM
Jais, I got mad respect for ya and all, but its not the fact that he won't tell us, its the fact that he told us he would. So I feel he deserves to get laid into.

Has anyone figured out any more training.dsk's?

C'jais
05-26-2003, 11:28 PM
Neo is WAY cooler than ghost.

I mean, Ghost is okay...but Neo is the ONE dammit.........seriously.

Shame the ONE can't act then...

*cough*

Still, no need to go apesh*t over Reaper because of this :)

It's a damn cheat man. Think of how you just spend days hacking the game and having fun finding Neo. Think of how great a game it is. So what if you didn't find Neo - it's the journey that matters, not the goal.

C'jais
05-26-2003, 11:34 PM
Jais, I got mad respect for ya and all, but its not the fact that he won't tell us, its the fact that he told us he would. So I feel he deserves to get laid into.

Yeah, I can understand that, and I too think he went about it in an arseholish way, playing the Gloatmaster.

On hacking, can anyone answer this post I made on Echobase:

Just completed the game with Ghost.

Note to self: Niobe cannot drive. When the twins are in pursuit, the car gets magnetically attracted to pillars. At this point, replace Niobe with a red brick, as there are better chances that the red brick will avoid crashing into pillars ALL THE DAMN TIME.

Oh, and the chopper levels are boring, frustrating, and should be removed from the game in the next patch. Along with the Niobe-driving levels.

So, how does this hacking thing work? When I finished the game, it gave me a code to unlock a "secret area": 13D22C77F - unfortunately, the damn thing wouldn't let me wait to write it down, so I got it wrong. The above code doesn't work. Anyone got the real code?

How do you access the other drives? I got permission to access drive B: as "guest". but I can't open any programs or anything from inside. Do you have to type B:\> or something for this to work? At any rate, the hacking game won't let me do the ">" key.

BTW, how the hell do you open .img files? Do you have to use some sort of command, like "read"?

Help appreciated.

Sivy
05-26-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by C'jais

So, how does this hacking thing work? When I finished the game, it gave me a code to unlock a "secret area": 13D22C77F - unfortunately, the damn thing wouldn't let me wait to write it down, so I got it wrong. The above code doesn't work. Anyone got the real code?

How do you access the other drives? I got permission to access drive B: as "guest". but I can't open any programs or anything from inside. Do you have to type B:\> or something for this to work? At any rate, the hacking game won't let me do the ">" key.

BTW, how the hell do you open .img files? Do you have to use some sort of command, like "read"?

type 'dir' then a list of options should appear on the left, scroll down to B:\tools and then press the 'ctrl' key
now you should see more options to play with

on the .img type 'view' then more options will appear on the left, select which one and press the 'ctrl' key :)

C'jais
05-26-2003, 11:45 PM
Thanks Sivy.

No way I'd have guessed the ctrl trick.

xwing guy
05-27-2003, 02:36 AM
How do you disable shadows? I look in the options ingame and don't see it there.

Jo
05-27-2003, 02:59 AM
I cannot get MP for PC version, and i know people can unlock it. Please help me out people

ET Warrior
05-27-2003, 05:49 AM
Sorry dude, but everything i've heard about the PC version is that there is no MP. Sorry

J.K Luke
05-27-2003, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by xwing guy
How do you disable shadows? I look in the options ingame and don't see it there.

if you update to ver 1.52. You will be taken into ETM config when you double click on the icon. There you will see 'Shadows'. Don't tick on it.

RoguePhotonic
05-27-2003, 04:38 PM
How do you play or view something in hacking...I type in a command like to play a movie and it just says playing......done....and nothing happens.....

Swat
05-28-2003, 01:12 AM
little guide to hacking (http://www.gamespy.com/articles/may03/matrixhacking)

ET Warrior
05-28-2003, 04:07 PM
Well, that hacking guide tells us nothing new. I'm beginning to think that we have actually unlocked everything there is in hacking, and that everyone else just lied to us and there really isn't anything more to it.

Kain
05-28-2003, 04:29 PM
that sucks. i want neo, dammit

Darklighter
05-28-2003, 05:39 PM
Same here man:(I think we're just gonna have to face facts: that if there is a Neo, no one's gonna be able to figure it out, so we'll have to wait for the game developers to tell us. Sucks I know, but we got no alternative:(

Kain
05-28-2003, 09:04 PM
DAMN YOU REAPER!! DAMN YOU FOR BUILDING UP OUR HOPES!!!:mad: :(

Darklighter
05-28-2003, 09:55 PM
Come on man, calm down, I know how you feel:(He's done himself no favours, and yelling at him will solve nothing. A solution will present itself, in time, try not to get so worked up about it, I know it's hard v_v

Jo
05-28-2003, 10:29 PM
the only way at the moment that you will get neo is to do what Lost and Sivy have said. Replace the files. i did that, and there is one on ghost that if you replace the whole think shuts off when loading a level.

Kain
05-28-2003, 11:22 PM
Sadly MasterJo, but Darklighter, ET, and myself are stuck on console platform. There is no 'replace the files'. Well anyways...
Since the hacking only goes so far, we should discuss game tactics. Or how to hack new martial arts styles.
As for tactics, I found something rather easy out...for those bold or dumb enough. On the Vertigo level with Ghost, hold Focus and hold away from a Smith(While on platforms), keep hitting punch while holding back(in fighting stances), and you'll eventually do an uppercut elbow move, which sends Smith flying, and if you aim right, off the platform and to his death...or his delay.

ET Warrior
05-28-2003, 11:35 PM
I hate running from those stupid Smiths......THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!!!!!!

and if you get stuck against a wall and they're close to you you DIE no matter what, because he'll just keep picking you up and slamming you down, i could never excute a wall kick fast enough to get him away.......:(

Sivy
05-28-2003, 11:57 PM
well i did the file rename mod and i'm using neo instead of niobe, which is cool cause her fighting style is more like neo's. but the down side is that when you get hit you scream like a girl :)

basically i'm starting to think that maybe they put neo in there just to help out the game modders.
i would have thought that someone would have found the code by now, not just here but other forums and cheat sites.
but then who knows, maybe its there is but no one has found it yet.
bottom line is that you will be able to play as neo one way or another. either by finding out the code if it exists, or by doing the renaming file mod or waiting until someone makes a neo model.

Eldritch
05-29-2003, 01:43 AM
basically i'm starting to think that maybe they put neo in there just to help out the game modders.
That would be true if not for the fact that this game is also on 3 different consoles. And I can't think of any company that really wants people to mod their games.
bottom line is that you will be able to play as neo one way or another. either by finding out the code if it exists, or by doing the renaming file mod or waiting until someone makes a neo model.
I've got to believe that there's a legit (well, as legit as cheat codes can be) way to get Neo, otherwise there'd be no reason for a model of him, as he's not used in any cutscenes or seen anywhere in the regular game.

Jo
05-29-2003, 02:14 AM
actually, his back is seen very briefly in the cutscene before the powerplant levels. And its a Model cutscene.

but your right, with a model that detailed its there for other purposes. if they just wanted his back the could have done a low poly model.

Eldritch
05-29-2003, 02:41 AM
I don't remember that... whereabouts was it?

Sivy
05-29-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Masterjo2588

with a model that detailed its there for other purposes. if they just wanted his back the could have done a low poly model.

it is very low poly and not very detailed at all. :(
it looks alright from the back but the front is not good.
it doesn't really look like him at all. it has <>-<> style glasses, which is wrong.
if its true and he is in a cutscene then i'm afraid that pretty much settles it, for me anyway. no playable neo cheat code.

but i'm sure there are many game modders, modellers and skinners already working on a good looking playble neo model.

Sam
05-29-2003, 01:17 PM
If a neo model is in the console ones there will be a gameshark or action replay code for him.

Eldritch
05-29-2003, 01:52 PM
it is very low poly and not very detailed at all. :(
it looks alright from the back but the front is not good.
it doesn't really look like him at all. it has <>-<> style glasses, which is wrong.
if its true and he is in a cutscene then i'm afraid that pretty much settles it, for me anyway. no playable neo cheat code.

but i'm sure there are many game modders, modellers and skinners already working on a good looking playble neo model.

The fact that you can swap out Neo and play as him in the PC version leads me to believe that he is playable. They just don't leave models in games for no reason.

Quotation
05-31-2003, 02:14 AM
Eldrich, just out of curiosity, what was your Screen-Name prior to Aru-Wen? I can never remember....

Eldritch
05-31-2003, 02:26 AM
It was originally JEDI_Anakin_S. That was a clan name. Aru-Wen was another clan name that I still currently use, but decided weeks ago to switch everything over to my Mapping alias (Eldritch) to avoid confusion. I'm known now almost everywhere as Eldritch.

Lunatic Jedi
05-31-2003, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by C'jais
So much fury for so little gain.

I GAIN SO MUCH!!! I GAIN BOOMSHUCK!!! :eek:

Damorith
06-01-2003, 07:47 PM
If he was put in the game for one little scene the 3d anamators wasted there time I haven't seen him.. and why would they have anamations and such for computer if he was only for one scene... Besides with all of this on computer I can understand mods but what about us X-Box users... they wouldn't have put him up there for a mod because we are limited up there...

HertogJan
06-01-2003, 08:50 PM
Hey today I received my PC Zone and it had a review of EtM... It said with hacking, you could unlock new moves for your character (err...??), unlock 6 multiplayer levels (err...??) and in a couple of those levels you'd be able to play as Neo (err...??)...

I dunno how accurate the review was though, in one part, it said that it would take 7 hours per character to play trough the game, later on they said it would take 12 hours per character to play trough the game...

Personally, I've found out it takes like 7 hours to play trough the game with both characters, and maybe 1 hour to complete the hacking... :rolleyes:

Jo
06-01-2003, 08:55 PM
well, it would be nice if we could find out how to get that stuff. but who knows.

OFFTOPIC(SORRY MODS)please do not try to contact me for the next week as I will be gone. I am staying at a friends house and will be back about friday night..that is all

MasterJo

boinga1
06-04-2003, 02:32 PM
Sorry to bump this up....but....

Why is there even a Neo model in the PC version? There's no MP, is he in-game somewhere else? (I ran through the game with both Niobe and Ghost and didn't see him.)

Also, HertogJan- I dunno about new moves, but on consoles you can unlock MP levels where you play as Neo in some of them.

Eldritch
06-04-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by boinga1
I dunno about new moves, but on consoles you can unlock MP levels where you play as Neo in some of them.
Nope. You cannot choose what character you play as in the console's MP mod. It is dependent on what stage you choose, and the two characters are always the same, and none of them are Neo.

boinga1
06-04-2003, 05:12 PM
Oops, my bad. I didn't read close enough. I don't have a console version, but I read about MP, and I thoguht it had said Neo for one of them. My mistake. :o

Jo
06-06-2003, 07:48 PM
ok, if you watch the commercials for enter the matrix, at the end there is a address....http://www.thisisnotreal.com/ its not done, but im sure its for any questions concerning enter the matrix. just giving a heads up.

-=ReApEr=-
06-06-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by MasterJo
ok, if you watch the commercials for enter the matrix, at the end there is a address....http://www.thisisnotreal.com/ its not done, but im sure its for any questions concerning enter the matrix. just giving a heads up.

I expect there adding content to it soon. :)

ET Warrior
06-07-2003, 03:25 PM
ACTUALLY, the website on the commercial is www.thisadisnotreal.com

THAT will take you to a website about the game. I haven't look around the website for useful info though.

Jo
06-10-2003, 12:30 AM
ok, now you have to check out what this guy did, look at the screenshots, i personally like the frist one.

http://www.geocities.com/eyes0only/etm/

Eldritch
06-10-2003, 04:41 AM
Interesting stuff. Wish it could be done for the console versions.

MasterJo -
Nice av/sig combination. I like it. ;)

Tesla
06-12-2003, 11:57 PM
Okay i have 2 questions,

1.Anyone got a hacking guide??

2.Does anyone know what the music track is from the ending FMV when you see bits from revoulutions??

Thanks In advance
:)

RoguePhotonic
06-13-2003, 12:23 AM
2.Does anyone know what the music track is from the ending FMV when you see bits from revoulutions??

Don't know the name but I think that song is on the first tomb raider movie's soundtrack...can start looking there....

Tesla
06-13-2003, 01:01 AM
Well i have a look but if anyone knows the name of it please post,
oh and anyone got a guide on the hacking section??

Swat
06-13-2003, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by Tesla Trooper
anyone got a guide on the hacking section??

I posted and I'm posting this (http://www.gamespy.com/articles/may03/matrixhacking/) again

Tesla
06-13-2003, 01:26 PM
Still need to know the anwser to question 1 though :(