LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Forum Help & Feedback Center (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Reply Field at Bottom (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=102834)

The Cheat 06-24-2003 10:46 AM

Reply Field at Bottom
 
Have you ever thought about having the forums set up so that if somebody is already logged in and visits a thread, at the bottom there is a message field that they can type their reply into instead of clicking reply to go to another page to type a reply?

Echuu Shen-Jon 06-25-2003 11:04 AM

Can you do that in vBulletin? Anyways, I don't think that's a good idea! It takes longer to load a page, and if you don't want to reply, but just read, it's just in the way!

Pad 06-25-2003 11:45 AM

i know what you mean cheat but i dont see why it needs to be included. in my opinion it only resolves im more spamming as you dont have to wait anymore for the posting page to load.

Lynk Former 06-25-2003 11:47 AM

I've seen those things before, but it's not worth it XP

-=ReApEr=- 06-25-2003 01:40 PM

It helps 56kers a bit, but it draws spammers more. So i would doubt they would add it. :)

The Cheat 06-25-2003 04:02 PM

ok, i have seen it done at the James Bond forums at www.commanderbond.net and i thought it made it easier to post a reply

Jedi Apprentice 06-25-2003 09:51 PM

I have used it at a forum before and since I have 56k I loved it.

It may lead to spam, but isn't that why there are mods?

I don't really care either way, but I would welcome it.

ZBomber 06-25-2003 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jedi Apprentice
I have used it at a forum before and since I have 56k I loved it.

It may lead to spam, but isn't that why there are mods?

I don't really care either way, but I would welcome it.

He has a really good point. ;)

Keep the "New Post" thing though. ;)

The Cheat 06-25-2003 11:01 PM

yeah the one that would be at the bottom would be to type a basic reply and if you click post reply you will be taken to the normal page where you get all of the extra options

200th POST!!!

ZBomber 06-27-2003 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by TheCheat
yeah the one that would be at the bottom would be to type a basic reply and if you click post reply you will be taken to the normal page where you get all of the extra options

200th POST!!!

I know, I go to a forum that has it. ;)

The Cheat 06-27-2003 01:10 PM

ok, well im glad that you guys are taking this suggestion seriously

-=ReApEr=- 06-27-2003 02:47 PM

Well i personally don't mind, but i perfer going the new post way. So i can included tags and diffrent smiles, but meh won't affect me so it's up to the admins. :)

The Cheat 06-27-2003 07:10 PM

yeah but if it was somebody on 56k they would probably just type at the bottom of the page so they dont have to open a new page to post a reply

Lynk Former 06-27-2003 09:35 PM

I'm on a 56k, I'd ignore the mini reply field and use this one because it's better. It's better to encourage people to take time with their posts than to introduce a 'quick posting' system.

Echuu Shen-Jon 06-28-2003 08:09 AM

:wstupid: I think Lynk is right...If there was a "quick reply" thinghy, it'd encourage people just to type: "I agree, it's a very good idea Cheat!"

The Cheat 06-28-2003 02:16 PM

I agree its a very good point Lynk

superracer0022 07-01-2003 11:59 AM

i think a reply field at the bottom would be a good idea because i am on 56k connection and i hate it when i have to go to a new page to reply

-=ReApEr=- 07-01-2003 01:46 PM

Meh i personally doubt it will be added, it's better to let people think through there posts. Instead of posting quick 1 word replys. :)

Joshi 07-01-2003 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by -=ReApEr=-
Meh i personally doubt it will be added, it's better to let people think through there posts. Instead of posting quick 1 word replys. :)
Which would create spam in the way of "yeah" and "I agree" and "Shut up". And it is the mods job to make sure this kind of thing doesn't happen, but please remember, we don't like to delete posts that often because it pisses off the posters, we ususally kindly tell them to stop spamming (or join in) but with this quick post thing, they wouldn't. Invasions would be a hell of a lot easier as well, I don't trust aRSeN.

Das Mole 07-01-2003 06:20 PM

i think it makes it a whole lot easier, but then you type stuff without thinking, and then once you post it you're done, which is why i don't really like the hotel rooms here too much, but that's a good idea.

Lynk Former 07-01-2003 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Neil Joshi
Invasions would be a hell of a lot easier as well, I don't trust aRSeN.
Neil, it's not Aresener's who invade you. It's XWAers and people who just drop by Aresen. The actual Areseners like myself don't really want anything to do with you. Have you ever noticed me invading your side of the forums?

-=ReApEr=- 07-02-2003 04:20 AM

And me, even though im not fully Aresen. I don't want nothing to do with MI anymore, no offense. :)

Joshi 07-02-2003 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lynk Former
Have you ever noticed me invading your side of the forums?
Umm, yes?

-=ReApEr=- 07-02-2003 04:42 PM

Um funny enough i've never seen Lynk invade MI. :rolleyes:

Joshi 07-02-2003 04:49 PM

He posts there occasionally, that's good enough/

-=ReApEr=- 07-02-2003 04:55 PM

But that isn't exactally a invasion. :rolleyes:

superracer0022 07-03-2003 12:04 PM

i like the idea because i just get aggrivated because my internet is soooooooooooooo slow

The Cheat 07-03-2003 12:06 PM

yeah i remember how that used to be, have you ever considered switching to broadband?

-=ReApEr=- 07-03-2003 01:08 PM

Im luckily to always had Broadband. :D

Lynk Former 07-03-2003 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Neil Joshi
He posts there occasionally, that's good enough/
yeah i posted there once or twice, i don't spam there everyday, i'll leave that for other people to do ;)

-=ReApEr=- 07-03-2003 01:47 PM

Indeed i have never seen lynk spam there. :mad:

RoxStar 07-03-2003 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Neil Joshi
Which would create spam in the way of "yeah" and "I agree" and "Shut up". And it is the mods job to make sure this kind of thing doesn't happen, but please remember, we don't like to delete posts that often because it pisses off the posters, we ususally kindly tell them to stop spamming (or join in) but with this quick post thing, they wouldn't. Invasions would be a hell of a lot easier as well, I don't trust aRSeN.

Yeah, But I'm sure there are some spammers using a T3 connection and they could literally zip around the forums with posts like that.

What are you talking about "Invasions"

Lynk Former 07-03-2003 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tycooner
Yeah, Bu I'm sure there are some spammers using a T3 connection and they could literally zip around the forums with posts like that.

What are you talking about "Invasions"

flood control help to TRY to make people stop doing that...

-=ReApEr=- 07-04-2003 04:21 AM

Which does usually work. :) Sometimes...;)

RoxStar 07-07-2003 12:48 AM

sometimes......

-=ReApEr=- 07-07-2003 04:30 AM

That's what i said no need to repeat me and 1 word post. ;)

Semicolon 07-07-2003 05:32 AM

Everyone needs to repeat you!

Oh wait...No they don't.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.