LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Feedback (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=332)
-   -   New look (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=108371)

Reclaimer 08-11-2003 12:55 AM

New look

I love it!

ZBomber 08-11-2003 12:58 AM

Ug.... It burns my eyes. New colors, not so bright, please. :(

ChrisC3po 08-11-2003 12:59 AM

We are probably going to be playing around with the new look for a few weeks until we've got it fine tuned.

Lynk Former 08-11-2003 01:01 AM

I sooooooooooooo saw this coming a looooooooooong time ago XD... btw... WHEN IS ARESEN GONNA GET A FREAKIN OVERHAUL!?! We have no active banner, the RogueSquadron.Net site has reverted back to it's ooooooooold design and... *sigh* bleah *walks out*

Datheus 08-11-2003 01:02 AM

I liked the old blueish scheme better... I don't care for the white stuff.. makes it seem old and outdated :( *hugs his JK2 box* I still love ya babe *mummer mummer*

That and the new web layout kinda confused me... Almost spazed.

Lynk Former 08-11-2003 01:03 AM

you're right, it feels more like GB than the swamp in here...

ZBomber 08-11-2003 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lynk Former
you're right, it feels more like GB than the swamp in here...
Yeh, I keep feeling like I'm over ther.... o.O

Agen 08-11-2003 01:06 AM

Remember that orange design that Aristotle was thinking about, once... how about that? This white looks very poor :/

Kain 08-11-2003 01:07 AM

My mind is like...wow. I mean, first I was watching the Eraser for 30 minutes, then I started watching D3 the Might Ducks, and now a bright Swamp! I'm so confused...

ZBomber 08-11-2003 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by MydnightPsion
My mind is like...wow. I mean, first I was watching the Eraser for 30 minutes, then I started watching D3 the Might Ducks, and now a bright Swamp! I'm so confused...

I'm sure the eraser was better to look at then this... its burning my eyes.... so bright. :p

boinga1 08-11-2003 01:15 AM

WH1T3=L4M3!
GR4Y=L4M3!

OK, seriously. It just...hurts. And is it just me or is the screen just a little bit wider than before? Not that that's a complaint, just an onservation.

Plus this is technically still JK2, not "Jedi Knight Series". There is not a single forum here devoted to Jedi Knight.

ZBomber 08-11-2003 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by boinga1
WH1T3=L4M3!
GR4Y=L4M3!

OK, seriously. It just...hurts. And is it just me or is the screen just a little bit wider than before? Not that that's a complaint, just an onservation.

Plus this is technically still JK2, not "Jedi Knight Series". There is not a single forum here devoted to Jedi Knight.

erm... Jedi Knight series, that includes Jedi Academy. And, unless you ahven't figured it out, there are gonna be a lot mroe Jedi Academy areas soon. ;)

ShockV1.89 08-11-2003 01:26 AM

Yikes. I thought I clicked the wrong Favorite for a second there.

ZBomber 08-11-2003 01:29 AM

Re: New look

Quote:

Originally posted by Reclaimer
I love it!
Admit it, you hate it. :p

The banner is good though... :p

Datheus 08-11-2003 01:32 AM

I don't like the banner either:(

I guess I'm just used to the old scheme. Hell, did anyone know this was gonna happen? I didn't...

Spose it hardly matters though.. As long as they change the white background color :D

ZBomber 08-11-2003 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Datheus
I don't like the banner either:(

I guess I'm just used to the old scheme. Hell, did anyone know this was gonna happen? I didn't...

Spose it hardly matters though.. As long as they change the white background color :D

I had feelings, and Lynk new it was gonna happen.

El Sitherino 08-11-2003 01:39 AM

i suggest a black and charcoal theme. something not so bright.

just a suggestion.

if it wasn't so bright i'd love it.:)

Tyrion 08-11-2003 01:44 AM

*looks around*

Gee,I havent been here in a while..but just how long have I been gone? It almost looks like Geebee...

*looks arounds*

This is the swamp,right?:p

ZBomber 08-11-2003 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tyrion
*looks around*

Gee,I havent been here in a while..but just how long have I been gone? It almost looks like Geebee...

*looks arounds*

This is the swamp,right?:p

No... this is Canada... :xp:

Acrylic 08-11-2003 02:03 AM

OMG! :eek:

I dont like it...If you are gonna change the look, at least make it dark! The white burns my eyes! :(

coupes. 08-11-2003 02:04 AM

:cool: :cool: :cool: MY EYES!!!

seriously change is good. I guessed there would be a change in the layout with the release of JA and all, but I had no clue to when it would occur. I like the banner, I was kinda tired of the old one. I do agree on the fact that it might be a little too bright but I like the white more than the brownish yellow.

legameboy 08-11-2003 02:04 AM

I adore this scheme. Finally some bright colors to brighten up my life. This scheme is a keeper. ;)

I do have an idea though. It is possible to have an option (or hack) that lets you choose your own color scheme in a forum. It's just another implementation idea. :)

edlib 08-11-2003 02:13 AM

I gotta dim the brightness on my monitor when I come here now.
I don't mind the white, but maybe just not so damn much of it, eh?

Darth Eggplant 08-11-2003 02:20 AM

:eek: ooo scary, bright, pastel:eek:

Darth Eggplant 08-11-2003 02:25 AM

it burnss
it freezesss
nasty bright lightsss
we don'tss likess it
my precioussss
no we doess not

Emon 08-11-2003 02:27 AM

Bright white is horrible. Grays, blues, and blacks are very, very easy on the eyes, I suggest you simply lower the brightness all around.

-=DarkZero=- 08-11-2003 02:44 AM

If it was black and silver, a spacey type interface it would look cooler, but i guess white is ok
IT WILL HELP ME BECOME THE DAREDEVIL FASTER :D -is going blind-

Jo 08-11-2003 02:54 AM

only one word describes this....

WOAH!!! i like it, the bright i like alot better, all though it could be toned down quite a bit...i like it though, and the banner, tight :thumbsup:

Acrylic 08-11-2003 02:58 AM

Well, the banner is nice, but I really hate the colors...I will become blind.

ZBomber 08-11-2003 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Acrylic
Well, the banner is nice, but I really hate the colors...I will become blind.
Yeh, like we were saying in MSN, this is actually giving me a headache. :|

I really loved the old forum colors. Can't it be Black, grays, and blues? (ooh, maybe Gold Text on a black backround ^_^)

ChrisC3po 08-11-2003 03:12 AM

Well as I mentioned before, expect the design to change. We just wanted to get something that matched with JediKnight.net for now.

I personally like white (as JediKnight.net shows), but I understand it is a little glaring at the moment.

Although it is rather nice to have a change every once and a while. :D

Lil Killa 08-11-2003 03:14 AM

I like this but I thin it should be toned down just a tinny bit. Also center the threads again I liked it like that:D

ZBomber 08-11-2003 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ChrisC3po
Well as I mentioned before, expect the design to change. We just wanted to get something that matched with JediKnight.net for now.

I personally like white (as JediKnight.net shows), but I understand it is a little glaring at the moment.

But, Doesn't Gold on Black sound..... er.......Soothing? Or something like that? :D

Whit wouldn't be that bad, if it was just a small part, but not a lot of the scheme. People usually like Dark Colors (except Daring Dueler, when I made him a map, he wanted all bright bright textures, and it looks kinda weird..... but yeh... :p)

Acrylic 08-11-2003 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ChrisC3po

Its Nice...but, its soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bright. :(

It did give me a headache. Just like it gave Z a headache. :(

matt-- 08-11-2003 03:56 AM

Quote:

WH1T3=L4M3!
GR4Y=L4M3!

This part is incomprehensible to most, but when deciphered, you can discern "white equals lame!" and "gray equals lame!" Never trust a man with such poor spelling that he includes numbers in everyday words.

Let's try to communicate with him in his tongue.
D4RK=0V3RU53D!

Quote:

* taps the Jedi Academy forum, adds other relevant forums as planned.

I also highly suggest thouse with brightnext/glare problems set the gamma rates for their monitor at something reasonable.

Acrylic 08-11-2003 04:00 AM

well, im wondering, why should i adjust my gamma jsut for this forum? Doesnt make sense.

matt-- 08-11-2003 04:13 AM

Well, why should your gamma be set so high as to hurt your eyes?

They're your eyes.

Tesla 08-11-2003 04:15 AM

When i first saw the frontpage and it said "Jedi Knight Series", i thought ok, that seems good since it's not JK2 anymore but when i got to the Swamp i jumped out of my skin, OMG it's changed alot :p

Not bad but a little to white IMO :)

ZBomber 08-11-2003 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by matt-windu
Well, why should your gamma be set so high as to hurt your eyes?

They're your eyes.

Because, every other palce I go doesn't have a forum with colors that make my eyes hurt. I like the blue, but lets get some darker colors too. White isn't really a Jedi Knight color. ;)

Darth Eggplant 08-11-2003 04:24 AM

my avitar offers wonderful variations of purple, let da swamp go aubergine. ooooo wonderous eggplant, koo koo ka choo.

but what is really, really terrifying is the thank you you have just posted screen. man stay away from the light! don't step into the light.

the scroll bar at the side is pretty.