LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Jedi Outcast (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   So, how many people play this anymore? (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=117733)

jonesdaniel 11-15-2003 09:32 AM

So, how many people play this anymore?

Well, now that academy has come out, how many people play outcast? I was considering a reinstall, but if theres not that many people playing, i find it kinda pointless :(

Neverhoodian 11-15-2003 05:10 PM

Well, the number of people playing JO has certainly gone down since JA's release. I honestly don't know, since I haven't played JO MP ever since I got JA. :P I still play some SP custom levels from time to time, though.

Samuel Dravis 11-15-2003 11:35 PM

Now the only reason I play JO is for Instagib Disruption CTF matches. Those are awesome. Look for the Chop Shop Disruption server. :)

DarkLord60 11-16-2003 04:50 AM

To tell you guys the truth I haven't touched my JO cd since I got JA.

Sam Fisher 11-16-2003 06:21 PM

I haven't touched my JO CD since 10 mins after I installed it:p

I have Virtual Drive:cool:

But on topic, I do occasionly(sp?) play JO, but not much.

Pvt_Dancer 11-17-2003 07:09 PM

I still play JKO... though not online because I don't have a decent i-connection at the mo. I'm working on that though. I don't have JA though I think about buying it when I get some dough scraped together ( I hate living in the state with the LEAST amount of disposable income per laborer).

Amidala from Chop Shop 11-19-2003 06:15 AM

Considering how long the game has been out and the fact that its replacement has been out for two months, a respectable number of people are still playing JKII:JO. There are still over 300 servers. My two servers still fill up or are nearly full many times every day.

The Jedi Academy forums have several threads where the competitive players bemoan how Jedi Academy is useless for them and how superior Jedi Outcast is for organized competitive play. They say that Jedi Outcast is much more challenging and rewarding than Jedi Academy for serious players.

If you never played the Colosseum Mod single-player mod
http://www.lucasfiles.com/?s=&action=file&id=102
that alone is reason enough to reinstall.

Reinstall, update to the 1.04 patch (which is what most servers are running), download Colosseum Mod, and check out some of the still-busy servers online.

|GG|Carl 11-19-2003 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by jonesdaniel
So, how many people play this anymore?
Not me...

Prime 11-19-2003 02:48 PM

I don't play JO at all anymore, and have in fact uninstalled it. However, I am not a competative player, nor am I interested in CTF, which are two reasons why some people stick with JO...

Jedi Luke 11-23-2003 09:31 AM

I'm still playing Jedi Outcast as i am still creating maps for Jedi Outcast as well as Jedi Academy. I have a map that i started months ago of an Imperial Star Destroyer map (very detailed one with Icarus scripts for cutscenes, objectives, musicset, credits, etc) and i must therefore complete for JO.

BawBag™ 11-23-2003 11:01 AM

I only ever play SP Outcast now, basically because I got bored of Academy. :(

SpecialForces 11-23-2003 09:17 PM

I play jk2 all the time... but I dont have jk3 yet.
I mod and map for jk2 so ill still mess around with that stuff and play mp.

Im makeing a new instagib mod with all the guns instant kill..
its balenced there will be no favorite gun..
anyone think I should releas it?????

I DIDNT make Instagib so I have nothing to do with it, so I cant name it Instabig2 so what should I name it?

Darth Rythe 11-28-2003 04:30 AM

I still play JO SP but not MP.
I have to get my JA to work Before I can play it.

Kurgan 11-28-2003 10:46 AM

The number of people playing JK2 online has been steadily lower than JA for quite some time, however in the last two days (I blame the Thanksgiving holiday in the US) JK2 has had slightly MORE players.

Ion 11-28-2003 08:22 PM

Many peeps still play and Im glad cuz I dont have JA, Yes its still going good and steadily :)

SpecialForces 11-28-2003 11:05 PM

yes its good, but by christmas I bet it will be almost dead, if not im sure jk3 will get allot more people...
I hope I get jk3 at christmas...
I have to get a 4.0 in 9th grade to get it *shudder*
Ah oh well I have a 4.1 right now :)
cheers hahaha
I CANT WAIT UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!
until then jk2 all the way :);)

Sith_Lord_Tim 11-29-2003 12:07 AM

i think JO is a great game for both SP and MP. ive played JA at friends and it was great too. i want it really bad. but u know i have like 20 mods on JO and there fun to play. i have alot of friends online too. so as long as they stay i stay.

shukrallah 11-29-2003 01:13 AM

I still play, all the time :) cant wait till christmas, i get ja then :whtsmile:

MasterN64 11-29-2003 11:40 AM

OF COURSE PEOPLE STILL PLAY JO!!! Just because a new game has come out doesnt mean every1 moves on to the next.

Crow_Nest 12-04-2003 10:44 AM

I wanted to play JO again, so i can meet some of my old friends. :)

But my drive couldnt read the disk, so i cant install it. :(

SpecialForces 12-04-2003 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by lukeskywalker1
I still play, all the time :) cant wait till christmas, i get ja then :whtsmile:
OMG same with me :) :) :) :)
only I have to get a 4.0 in school :( :( :( :(

Haku 12-04-2003 03:58 PM

I play most nights .... the game is excellent. Good laugh a lot of the time also. Can't believe you unistalled it - oh well. Just my opinion:D

Tosh_UK 12-05-2003 11:58 AM

All i can say is with the lack in Fanboys in JOII now its way much better game than it use to be... and i am in no rush to play JA anyways.

shukrallah 12-05-2003 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tosh_UK
All i can say is with the lack in Fanboys in JOII now its way much better game than it use to be... and i am in no rush to play JA anyways.
yeah, thats true :whtsmile:

Desann's MASTER 12-06-2003 04:12 PM

Lots of people still play JO. Its like Diablo, just cuz diablo 2 and its expansian came out doesnt mean people dont play diablo nemore.

Darth Rythe 12-07-2003 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SpecialForces
I CANT WAIT UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!
until then jk2 all the way :);)

That is the same with me, I couldn't get mine to work (they say it was a dud CD), so I took it back and got my money back. Now i'm getting it again for Christmas.

:multi:

Sam Fisher 12-07-2003 02:20 AM

Well, Christmas is only about 20 days away!

Darth Bliss 12-07-2003 09:55 AM

My view on it, and a plea for help!

I've found that since JA brought so much new stuff to the table, especially in duels and what not, that the game online has become even more random, and no real skill is required to get wins anymore. So I went back to JO after beating it in SP. I wasn't too impressed with what I saw in JA.

The little I did see. That brings up a point. Ever since i reinstalled my JO and installed my JA, I havent been able to get more then a small number of servers to show up when i "get servers" and refresh and what not. Somtimes its around 30, sometimes its only like 5, maybe i need to open ports or something? any ideas? I have 1.04. And I have 1.01 for JA...all updated and what not...I cant figure it out, and when I do get servers up, I can join, they just keep trying to connect and eventually give me some error or something equally nerve wracking. I remember when I first got JO, I could play just fine, now all of a sudden I can't do anything, but I expect my router ahs something to do with this, if you have a solution plz let me know, and you JO guys will gain another devoted player :)

I also openned the ports that lucas says to open btw.

Still no go. I have at the current time about 5 servers listing, and i can't join any of them, when i filter in JkII online there is only one server, and i cant join it either :/

Maybe i haven't downloaded something that the servers have thus I dont see them? I have 1.04, thats it.

The strangest thing is that it does it on both JO and JA...I am not too woried about JA at this time, but I'd really l ike to get back into JO if possible...Also, I tried getting the Colleseum mod, and installed it right, and I cant see those servers either.

Bliss Out.

P.I.M.P 12-07-2003 07:36 PM

Yup

I have both but I really miss Jedi Master in JK2 :-( I am currently considering taking down my JA server and putting the JM server back up. Just my 2 cents.

shukrallah 12-08-2003 12:44 AM

try the all seeing eye ;) it might work.. or just try to reinstall again.

Darth NeoVenom 12-08-2003 07:39 PM

I play Jedi Outcast online, but like I prefer servers to have lightsabers only. By the way, yesterday, I created a server so that my cousin and I could play on, but he couldn't see it. How you create a server online?

Amidala from Chop Shop 12-09-2003 01:29 AM

Re: Yup

Quote:

Originally posted by Darth Bliss
Also, I tried getting the Colleseum mod, and installed it right, and I cant see those servers either.
Colloseum Mod is fantastic, but it is a Single-Player mod, not Multiplayer. That's why there are no servers.

Quote:

Originally posted by P.I.M.P
I have both but I really miss Jedi Master in JK2 :-( I am currently considering taking down my JA server and putting the JM server back up. Just my 2 cents.
If you love JediMaster, come to my JK2 Chop Shop FFA-CTF server (IP is in my sig, scroll down). Two of the maps in the rotation are JediMaster, one on the Deathstar (ffa_deathstar) and one on ctf_bespin. Since they are part of the rotation, there are usually a lot of people on the server and they play it, even though they might not normally go to a JediMaster-only server. Very frequently there will be 10, 15, or even 20 people playing JediMaster, which you never saw even when the game was new, and certainly don't see anywhere else today.

Jedi Luke 12-09-2003 01:31 AM

Jedi Master is so cool on Chop Shop :D .

Darth NeoVenom 12-09-2003 02:23 PM

In my last post, I meant to say that if anyone knows why my cousin couldn't see me when I created a server. I obviously know how to create a server. :D It can't be the firewall because I allowed it to run JKII as a server. I tried disabling it aswell and still no luck. My brother says that maybe it's because I have Pure Server on "Yes". Can that be the problem or is it something else?

Lightning 12-11-2003 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DarkLord60
To tell you guys the truth I haven't touched my JO cd since I got JA.
lol me to:rolleyes:

shukrallah 12-12-2003 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Darth NeoVenom
In my last post, I meant to say that if anyone knows why my cousin couldn't see me when I created a server. I obviously know how to create a server. :D It can't be the firewall because I allowed it to run JKII as a server. I tried disabling it aswell and still no luck. My brother says that maybe it's because I have Pure Server on "Yes". Can that be the problem or is it something else?
Well... just type /showip in the console, and give him your IP.. then he types /connect [your ip] (no []) and it will connect him to the game :whtsmile:

Samuel Dravis 12-12-2003 01:49 AM

Re: Yup

Quote:

Originally posted by P.I.M.P
Just a quick notice: All Jedi Outcast gametypes have been re-enabled for Jedi Academy if you use the OJP Enhanced mod. It would be cool to play those again in JA, hint hint ;)

Tosh_UK 12-12-2003 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Darth NeoVenom
Have you got the server in the same network as your self and is it via connection sharing? If so you will need to run the game on the pc that plugs up to the modem to the net. And any pc you are networked with you will see your game via network and not Internet.

Darth NeoVenom 12-12-2003 12:37 PM

Well he lives in the Bronx, so I'm assuming we do not have the same network. Therefore,we cant' play on LAN. Maybe if I disable the firewall, he would be able to see me. But if I do disable it, hackers might "observe" or do something else on my pc. I'll going to tell him to do the whole "/connect (my IP)". Thankz for the tips lukeskywalker1 and Tosh_UK.

Neverhoodian 12-12-2003 04:58 PM

Well, after having JA for a few months now, I've suprised myself. As of now, I'm playing JO about as much as JA! The reason being is the fact that I have many top-notch custom SP maps and campaigns for JO, something JA doesn't have right now. I also use JO MP for all my Disruption needs, as the JA version is too laggy.