LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Yoda’s Swamp (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   New Avril Lavigne Quote/WTF of the Week (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=121411)

Boba Rhett 01-16-2004 06:05 AM

New Avril Lavigne Quote/WTF of the Week

"I know that even if the next record bombs, I'll still have that and I'll still go down in the history books. It'll be like Madonna, The Beatles, the Rolling Stones, Madonna, and then Avril Lavigne," she laughs. "I don't think it'll bomb though. I feel so strongly in what I'm writing right now."

W...T...F did she just say? :indif:

ET Warrior 01-16-2004 06:28 AM

who the hell is avril lavengener? or whatever her name is? And what is she TALKING about?

BongoBob 01-16-2004 10:02 AM

The ****?
Oh, yeah, like she can compare to The Beatles or Thre Rolling Stones :rolleyes:

CapNColostomy 01-16-2004 10:09 AM

I hope she was kidding, because if she was serious, someone should tell her she seriously sucks.

STTCT 01-16-2004 10:36 AM

Yes, I've always thought "sk8ter boy" would be an instant cult classic....... :rolleyes:

Pad 01-16-2004 11:41 AM

I think she first needs to learn how to sing before she makes such remarks. :rolleyes:

Sivy 01-16-2004 01:35 PM

lol, well from someone who called David Bowie "David Bowel-ee" you would expect little less.

Bob Gnarly 01-16-2004 02:24 PM

Im more proud that Platinum Blonde were from Canada. Not her.

Taos 01-16-2004 02:56 PM

I think I might of heard of maybe one Avril Levingian song........so naturally I would compare her to the Rolling Stones and Madonna. :rolleyes:

ZBomber 01-16-2004 04:00 PM

lol! She put Madona twice. I think she was drunk. :p

Any of you hear about what Joe Nammoth did? He was hitting on a TV reported on live TV. :p

Jed 01-16-2004 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Pad
I think she first needs to learn how to sing before she makes such remarks. :rolleyes:
:rofl:

So true. That girl needs a pair of vocal chords....sounding like a dying dog isn't something that ranks you up with the major leaguers, you know?

Neverhoodian 01-16-2004 05:43 PM

Quote:

"I know that even if the next record bombs, I'll still have that and I'll still go down in the history books. It'll be like Madonna, The Beatles, the Rolling Stones, Madonna, and then Avril Lavigne," she laughs. "I don't think it'll bomb though. I feel so strongly in what I'm writing right now."
....Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

:confused:
Why'd she have to go and make things so complicated?:p

txa1265 01-16-2004 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Pad
Of course, while I've not much respect for 'Anvil' (as my wife calls her), remember that it is not singing ability that matters much in the rock/pop world. While the Beatles could manage a decent tune, the Stones ... um, no, then there's Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteeen, and on and on. There are many qualities which make either a person/group or their songs memorable/important/classic ... and she ain't got any of them.

Mike

Elijah 01-16-2004 09:06 PM

I know you all think she sucks, but most of you are like older and live in the UK...right?

Dont get me wrong, her music has never tickled my fancy (im more into punkrock/punk and hardcore) but there are plenty of people my age who like her, and her music...

It does piss me off that people think she is "punk" though... her and Pink, they both need to realize they are just as much of hip-hop kids and main stream junkies as britney

Zappa_0 01-16-2004 10:22 PM

wow that is really messed up, she needs serious help.

RoxStar 01-17-2004 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ZBomber

She probably got married to her cousin in Canada or something:p

That wasn't meant to diss canadians. Its a psoof of Britney Spears

BongoBob 01-17-2004 05:38 AM

LMFAO!
And nice pun there Topshot.
I just hate her because she calls herself punk.
That little bitch...

:mad:

Darth Groovy 01-17-2004 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ZDawg
I know you all think she sucks, but most of you are like older and live in the UK...right?

Dont get me wrong, her music has never tickled my fancy (im more into punkrock/punk and hardcore) but there are plenty of people my age who like her, and her music...

It does piss me off that people think she is "punk" though... her and Pink, they both need to realize they are just as much of hip-hop kids and main stream junkies as britney

Pink and Avril think they are punk? *gasps* I am old enough to remember The Misfits and Black Flag still doing shows...

Elijah 01-17-2004 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Darth Groovy
I am old enough to remember The Misfits and Black Flag still doing shows...
now thats punk... but pink and avril... no.

Darth Rythe 01-17-2004 09:10 AM

WTF is all I can say.
except WTF IS UP WITH THAT!
Are you aware you said Madonna twice?

Alegis 01-17-2004 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ZBomber

I guess she's a feminist ;)

I know how that b**** looks though I don't see why she is any better than for example, the spice girls or any other dead pop group/solo

CapNColostomy 01-17-2004 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Darth Groovy
Pink and Avril think they are punk? *gasps* I am old enough to remember The Misfits and Black Flag still doing shows...
In my best Edith Bunker voice, "Doze were da days!"

Bob Gnarly 01-17-2004 11:42 AM

Pink is more punk then Avril Though so i have respect for her.

•-BLaCKouT-• 01-17-2004 12:22 PM

As I recall from interviews I've read, she doesn't actually call herself 'Punk', that's what the media have labelled her after Sk8er Boi. The same media that, a year later, delights in criticizing her 'Punkness'. :rolleyes: And no, obviously, she's not Punk.

I don't care what anyone says, Let Go is a fantastic album, with some quality tunes on it. :D

The downsides are a) She can't sing live - she's proved this. and b) The media enjoy either misquoting her or holding up a loudhailer every time she says something dumb.

:) B.

BongoBob 01-17-2004 08:50 PM

Last time I checked, she specifically stated herself Punk. If shewas to state that she DID NOT CONSIDER HERSELF PUNK, then I would buy her album, because she does have a few good songs, I will admit. But if she considers herself Punk, then she's no better than Good Charlotte or any of those other bastards.

:confused:

•-BLaCKouT-• 01-17-2004 09:34 PM

Well, I originally read the interview in another magazine, but she said this to Rolling Stone and I trust them enough not to not lie completely:
Quote:

Originally posted by Avril Lavigne
I'm not going to call myself punk, because punks aren't on MTV. But normally I would say I was this little punk messing around, getting myself in trouble. But I can't say that, because I'm not punk.
If she's changed tack since then, then of course she's talking crap - unless she's going to go proper punk for her next album.
But your comment about Good Charlotte is a very valid one.

To be honest, I'm not too bothered what she considers herself - I know what I consider her to be ( :naughty: ) and - as I said - I love Let Go for what I think it is: a fantastic album.

:D B.

BongoBob 01-17-2004 09:38 PM

Hmmm...I guess that she doesn't then. Hmmm...
Maybe I'll check out that cd.

:)

Hermie 01-18-2004 02:29 AM

W………T…………F………………!

…uou get the point

Mike Windu 01-18-2004 02:41 AM

haha I like some of Avril's songs... or used to...

BUT GOOD CHARLOTTE IS FREAKING AWESOME! WOO!:p

Amidala from Chop Shop 01-18-2004 02:48 AM

A most unfortunate quote.

I bought one of the 6 million copies of Let Go that have been sold so far, and I love it. The songwriting is very catchy and full of hooks, because the best songs were mostly written by some pros (a trio of songwriters called The Matrix).

From the interviews I have read, she does not consider herself to be "punk" in a Sex Pistols kind of way.

Acrylic 01-18-2004 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mike Windu
haha I like some of Avril's songs... or used to...

BUT GOOD CHARLOTTE IS FREAKING AWESOME! WOO!:p

I was scared there...but then the :p loaded up, and I was happy again. :)

Mike Windu 01-18-2004 03:29 AM

acrylic i'm serious i like good charlotte! lol i think they are pretty good

Elijah 01-18-2004 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mamba
Pink is more punk then Avril Though so i have respect for her.
Isnt punk, means isnt punk, and pink isnt punk

Quote:

GS is good, and talented. Beside the fact that they made millions off being hypocrits... Lets consider this, They'r most popular song is "lifestyles of the rich and famous" and basicly, they cap on rich and famous people and say they are all week and we should rob them... Now they are one of the most famous mainstream/"punk" bands around and they are rich like crazy... mmm, something wrong with that picture.

gorganfloss 01-18-2004 08:09 AM

God I hate her. Especially since I was forced to listen to her for like three days straight. We were making our finals in my tv class (music videos) and one group picked Sk8ter Boi as their song.

Sk8ter Boi.

:eyeraise:

Anyway, to compare and contrast her with the other bands/singers she listed, here is a short list:

Madonna - Much better than her.

The Beatles - A plane of a bajillion death roaches > Her

The Rolling Stones - Lets just say that their stones are gunna be rollin on her. Tee hee.

Madonna - She said it twice, didn't she?

Fin.

Acrylic 01-18-2004 04:28 PM

Quote:

You had to make me do this huh?

*Picks up dagger and stabs self through heart*

MennoniteHobbit 01-18-2004 04:32 PM

^Amen to what everyone above this post said about how Avril... what's her face... that she is a F... idiot. It's not even going to be worth quoting everyone in one post.

Mike Windu 01-18-2004 06:23 PM

*looks at acrylic on floor, laughs*

dont worry he'll be fine its a rubber knife

*sees blood flowing*

errrr... its ketchup!:D right? right?

*runs away from angry forumers*:eek:

Kain 01-19-2004 12:32 AM

Punk is dead. Punk died along time ago. Punk died alongside Grunge...and we all know when Grunge died. Damn you Courtney Love! DAMN YOU!!!

Elijah 01-19-2004 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kain
Punk is dead. Punk died along time ago. Punk died alongside Grunge...and we all know when Grunge died. Damn you Courtney Love! DAMN YOU!!!
WTF, do you live in a hole? cave? are you rich to the point that you stay inside all the time?

Kain 01-19-2004 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ZDawg
WTF, do you live in a hole? cave? are you rich to the point that you stay inside all the time?
Don't wtf me, wtf are you talkin about? True Punk has been dead for more than a decade, probably longer than that. And don't say Grunge isn't dead cuz I will...not do anything, but Grunge and Punk are still dead.