LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Yoda’s Swamp (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   People can be really ****ed up (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=121477)

Pad 01-17-2004 04:05 PM

People can be really ****ed up

Saw this on television this week:
Quote:

A sequence of television images shows an Argentine man lying with a lion named Quique on top of him, after he leapt over a fence at the Buenos Aires Zoo, in Argentina on Monday. Television footage showed Quique the lion sitting on top of 22-year-old Lucas Tomas, padding him with his paw and leaving only superficial injuries to his head, arm and chest, doctors said.
Link is here
Although I´ve seen quite some footages of things getting eaten by lions, I felt something different since now it was a human. I had a real ackward feeling combined with my stomach acting up.

Has any of you seen these footage?
What do you think about it?

ExcelsioN 01-17-2004 04:15 PM

That's kinda scary. :(

I know I never want to work in a zoo. But seriously, shouldn't that lion have been trained? They shouldn't attack humans if they're given enough of their own food.

jebbers 01-17-2004 05:19 PM

ive seen so much crap thru the internet that nothing stuns or shocks me anymore...ive seen some disturbing crap....o how the internet has desensitized me.... :fett:

CapNColostomy 01-17-2004 06:13 PM

Yeah, I saw that on a late night talk show. Is it just me or was that thing a little too close to that guys crotch for comfort?

BongoBob 01-17-2004 07:44 PM

:eyeraise:
That's...not...right...ow...
:barf:

RoxStar 01-17-2004 07:57 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Well, the guy should never have jumped the fence in the first place.

Troopr-Undr-Fir 01-17-2004 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by RoxStar
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Well, the guy should never have jumped the fence in the first place.

WTF was he thinking anyways? Probubly had a big cat fettish :rolleyes:.

gorganfloss 01-18-2004 07:22 AM

Very messed up, that be. A tad sad too.

Reminds me of a movie I saw once, though. I don't remember what it's called though...something to do with teenage boys and their cartoon alter-egos, their mission to maim/kill a nun, and one ends up getting killed by a cougar. They also swear a lot.

Darth Rythe 01-18-2004 09:24 AM

YAY, Lions are fun, but no need to get eatin by one!:p

Crazy_dog no.3 01-18-2004 09:52 AM

Cat fetish? :lol:

DarkLord60 01-18-2004 08:25 PM

Suppose so huh.

Kain 01-18-2004 11:26 PM

I'd of shot the idiot and let him get eatin.

ZBomber 01-19-2004 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kain
Hey, cats gotta eat too. :p

Feel bad for the guy, but like the others said, its his fault.

Taos 01-19-2004 05:29 AM

Re: People can be really ****ed up

Quote:

Originally posted by Pad

What do you think about it?

I think it's just amazing what they will put on television these days in the name of ratings [more sponsor money]. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised though.

Darth Rythe 01-19-2004 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kain
I wouldn't have shot him..................I would have released more lions!!!!!!!

"MORE I TELL YOU!!!!"

Weapon X 01-19-2004 07:13 PM

whether the lion had enough food or not isn't a question that has any relevance, the man jumped the fence and approached the lion, he got what he deserved. we have people like that here in wyoming every summer, some idiot wants to get out of his car and let his kid pet a goddamned buffalo, those things are like twice or three times the size of a cow, and get pissed easy. i guess people think "there's no fence around it, no guards, it's ok to touch them" dumbasses. i'm glad people like that get hurt, either trying to be a man, show off, or just plain ignorance, not sad at all, it's great

Mex 01-19-2004 07:24 PM

Why didn't they leave the guy? :rolleyes:

I'm joking. :)

Alegis 01-19-2004 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Excelsion
That's kinda scary. :(

I know I never want to work in a zoo. But seriously, shouldn't that lion have been trained? They shouldn't attack humans if they're given enough of their own food.

Siegfried und Roy