LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Yoda’s Swamp (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   WTF of the Week (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=121554)

The Cheat 01-18-2004 10:19 PM

WTF of the Week
 
http://dvdmedia.ign.com/dvd/image/matrix_rev_cover.jpg

Please say it isn't so. This has to be the worst DVD cover I have ever seen

BawBag™ 01-18-2004 10:20 PM

Meh. It was a terrible film :(

Pie™ 01-18-2004 10:22 PM

lol!
so tragically funny :( :D :( :D :( :D :(
Well, i guess it serves the movie well... :(

•-BLaCKouT-• 01-18-2004 10:24 PM

I can't say it bothers me overly. Only because I've done a custom set of covers for my Matrix DVD's. Mainly because of Warner Bros' switch to conventional DVD boxes from those crappy cardboard ones. I wouldn't have minded that much if they'd at least finished the Matrix series and then changed them.

But yeah, not a fantastic cover. Neither was Reloaded though :(

Crackin films tho ;)

B.

Kain 01-18-2004 11:24 PM

Re: WTF of the Week
 
Quote:

Originally posted by The Cheat
http://dvdmedia.ign.com/dvd/image/matrix_rev_cover.jpg
(insert 30 minutes of histarical laughter)

Neverhoodian 01-18-2004 11:44 PM

You think that's bad...

I opened up the local newspaper a few days ago to see an "advertisement" for a local church. Its title was "Matrix Revelation." It was a promo shot from Matrix Revolution with Neo's head replaced with the pastor's head.

Simply nauseating. :barf:

MaulerZ 01-18-2004 11:51 PM

Wow thats looks terrible....pathetic :lol:


Quote:

Originally posted by Neverhoodian
You think that's bad...

I opened up the local newspaper a few days ago to see an "advertisement" for a local church. Its title was "Matrix Revelation." It was a promo shot from Matrix Revolution with Neo's head replaced with the pastor's head.

Simply nauseating. :barf:

:rofl:

ZBomber 01-19-2004 12:53 AM

:rofl: at the priest thing

It woulda been so cool if it was like ETM cover, just a shiny Matrix code and it said Matrix Revolutions

Darth Rythe 01-19-2004 07:36 AM

I don't have a problem with it.:(

Kain 01-19-2004 08:12 AM

The coolest thing in all of it is the rain-as-matrix-code deally they have going on. Very unique...for the most part atleast.

Darth Groovy 01-19-2004 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by •-BLaCKouT-•
I can't say it bothers me overly. Only because I've done a custom set of covers for my Matrix DVD's. Mainly because of Warner Bros' switch to conventional DVD boxes from those crappy cardboard ones. I wouldn't have minded that much if they'd at least finished the Matrix series and then changed them.

But yeah, not a fantastic cover. Neither was Reloaded though :(

Crackin films tho ;)

B.

The only good thing about the Cardboard DVD boxes, is it is alot easier to get the stupid plastic stickers off. Whoever invented those stickers at the top, bottom, and sides should be drug out into the street and shot.

Darth Rythe 01-19-2004 08:17 AM

I didn't know the rain was surposed to be the matrix code.......

Kain 01-19-2004 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Darth Rythe
I didn't know the rain was surposed to be the matrix code.......
Don't feel bad. I JUST noticed it, and thats why I posted. Not exactly something you look for, but you notice when its brought to your attention or after looking at it a few times...kinda like the movie as a whole...damn confusing ending.

You know me and my brother debated that movie for an hour and a half while we were stuck in a traffic jam in Bowling Green.

Sivy 01-19-2004 08:26 AM

its not the worst dvd cover i've ever seen.. but it isn't good.

so much better if there was the 4 different covers to choose from.

ah well... i might just wait for the boxset.

leXX 01-19-2004 11:13 AM

That IS awful. :| Looks like someone put it together in Paint.

Zappa_0 01-19-2004 11:28 AM

Yea I agree Lexx...they must have let the kids work on this one. Well I hope thats not really the cover to it. But if it is they will still sell thousands of copies no matter what.

DarkLord60 01-19-2004 08:01 PM

Whew That sucks just as much as the movie!

Acrylic 01-19-2004 08:55 PM

Thats a horrible cover. They better change it If they dont...





...







...




Meh.

Darth Rythe 01-20-2004 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by DarkLord60
Whew That sucks just as much as the movie!
What was so bad about it?

Crow_Nest 01-20-2004 12:40 PM

wtfs?! This is really a WTF of the week, its a sh!ty looking DVD cover.

And and movie aint that good.

Sam Fisher 01-20-2004 12:46 PM

Wow, that looks like crap.

End of story.

|GG|Carl 01-20-2004 02:10 PM

It looks like something I could create:D.

Sam Fisher 01-20-2004 09:36 PM

It IS something you could create... ;)

DarkLord60 01-21-2004 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Darth Rythe
What was so bad about it?
It was just a big let down two much CGI over did it.

wassup 01-21-2004 01:27 AM

Hmm I thought only mods could post "WTF of the Week"? Ah well.

Yes the cover is awful, but I guess a mediocre movie deserves a mediocre case.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.