LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   T3-M4's Astromech Droid Center (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=646)
-   -   KotOR/TSL Global Variable Comparison Tool (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=124574)

tk102 03-08-2004 04:20 AM

KotOR Global Variable Comparison Tool

v1.0.3 released

- Support for KotOR & TSL
- Added a Save to File button
- Changed savegame listboxes to dropdown lists

Legacy text:
In extending the savegame editor to include the editing of global variables, I've realized how little I know about the inner workings of the game. This tool provides a glimpse into how the global variables change as gameplay progresses.

The tool allows you compare two savegames' global variables (booleans numerics and strings). I hope it can help increase our overall understanding of the game.

Yay! I'm finally a Pit Droid now. :r2d2:

T7nowhere 03-08-2004 07:50 AM

this a cool tool. I just loaded up two save games one was my first game DS and the other was I think the 4th LS. There are alot of differences. It does show bit more of how much work it takes to make a game.

My only complaint I have about this KSE and KGC is that there is no wheel mouse support :( lol I know it's a small detail but I have been useing a wheel mouse for 5 years now and when I can't it use it's almost like useing a PC without a mouse at all.

:) very minor complaint though I can live with it. and your tools are great.

tk102 03-08-2004 02:53 PM

I'll see what I can do about that, T7. Perl/Tk does provide a method for supporting wheel-mice and I was too lazy to include it.

I do appreciate feedback like that. :)

Edit: actually that tells me you're running Windows XP -- mousewheel support is available for other Windows' OS's. It's a weird thing about XP losing focus of the pane you're trying to scroll.

tk102 02-18-2005 11:40 AM

v1.0.3 released

v1.0.3 released.

In preparation from some more serious modding of TSL and by request, I've re-released the Global Variable Comparison tool.

Darth333 02-18-2005 11:42 AM

Re: v1.0.3 released

Quote:

Originally posted by tk102
v1.0.3 released.

In preparation from some more serious modding of TSL and by request, I've re-released the Global Variable Comparison tool.

Thanks! Now we only need findrefs to complete the package :D

...erm...and dlgedit too...this gff thing can be a pain in the *** for long dialogues :(

tk102 02-18-2005 11:46 AM

:worship:

Comment by D333: Just trying :D

T7nowhere 02-18-2005 12:28 PM

Thank you.

Quote:

Thanks! Now we only need findrefs to complete the package
...erm...and dlgedit too...this gff thing can be a pain in the *** for long dialogues
Um, I thought dlgeditor worked fine on TSL dlg's. I will admitt I haven't tried to write a new dialog but they seem to open fine.

Achilles 02-18-2005 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by T7nowhere
Thank you.

Um, I thought dlgeditor worked fine on TSL dlg's. I will admitt I haven't tried to write a new dialog but they seem to open fine.

Hmmm...dlgeditor crashed when I tried to open Kreia's dlg file this morning :confused:

Speaking of dlg files...anyone know where all the non-party NPC dialogs are hiding? I found the files for the transit systems, workbenches, and party NPC's but can't find any of the others using KT. TIA

tk102 02-18-2005 12:40 PM

Getting off topic guys... :D

Did you open DLGEditor first (without opening any .dlg) and then press Ctrl-T and select the kotor2 dialog.tlk? If not, it will crash. But let's talk about it in a different thread.

envida 02-27-2005 10:52 PM

Great tool tk102! This tool just saved me hours of work looking for a global variable difference :D

gyrostylez 03-03-2005 05:41 AM

Kotor2 Airspeeder

Hi,

I am currently on Nar Shadda and I want to be able to repair the air-speeder, but I have already completed Goto's yacht. Anyone know which variables I should change do be able to do this?

the darksider king 08-07-2010 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk102 (Post 1469659)
v1.0.3 released

- Support for KotOR & TSL
- Added a Save to File button
- Changed savegame listboxes to dropdown lists

Legacy text:
In extending the savegame editor to include the editing of global variables, I've realized how little I know about the inner workings of the game. This tool provides a glimpse into how the global variables change as gameplay progresses.

The tool allows you compare two savegames' global variables (booleans numerics and strings). I hope it can help increase our overall understanding of the game.

Yay! I'm finally a Pit Droid now. :r2d2:

yo can you make a youtube vid about how to use it oh yeah if possible could u use bossr and recruit nichos mod