LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   The Comics (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=194)
-   -   Pursued Purcell Projects (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=127097)

SyntheticGerbil 04-19-2004 04:40 AM

Pursued Purcell Projects

Well okay, there is the ToyBox comic in Fast Forward #3 that I have yet to get my hands on.

There's some Gumby Christmas comic he wrote.

Then Toybox once again is in a Hellboy Christmas Special.

At least two of those three I must gander at in my own home. So does anyone else have any idea if any of Steve's unrelated Sam and Max stuff exists elsewhere?

Share. I want a comprehensive list. I will defeat the completist in me by doing exactly what he says. It's what schizos do also.

Dr Edison 007 04-23-2004 11:36 AM

I can't think of anymore comics, but there's a new Pixar movie (Cars ) he is working on.

And, speaking of obsessed Purcell fans, where's AndrewL? I've only seen him once since I've registered, but I saw him a lot when I was just lurking.

SyntheticGerbil 04-24-2004 12:27 AM

He hates our cracka asses.

Skinkie 04-24-2004 06:31 AM

He posts like once every four months. Its the circle of life or something.

SyntheticGerbil 04-24-2004 08:29 AM

Someone sell me the Hellboy Christmas Special.

Dr Edison 007 04-24-2004 12:26 PM

Go on ebay, there's one up for $3.95.

And thanks for introducing me to Frigo cheese sticks, those things are damn good.

SyntheticGerbil 04-24-2004 07:51 PM

I still haven't won that contest. If someone wants me to be a good person, the best sign is by letting me beat the odds and win a gameboy.

Dr Edison 007 04-26-2004 12:56 AM

I found this thing called Kards: The Funny Animal Tarot which Steve drew a card for. The picture can be found here.

And is the bid on the Hellboy thing yours?

SyntheticGerbil 04-26-2004 05:23 AM

No, I'll never win anything off of Ebay. I bid on loads of ****, come back from work, and the price has all been tripled, not under my name.

Are you sure that card is Purcell? That's Cerebus the Aardvark.

StonerDaveN'Max 04-26-2004 05:26 AM

right now im trying to win the "SAM & MAX FREELANCE POLICE #1 COLLECTORS PACK NM!" bid. Im so close to winning, i can smell it.

Dr Edison 007 04-26-2004 11:21 AM

It's his alright, that's what I got when I looked up "Steve Purcell hangman (the name on the card)" on google images.

And StonerDave: This topic is about Purcell's non-Sam & Max ventures, so for godsake stay on topic.

StonerDaveN'Max 04-28-2004 05:44 PM

Lol, sorry. I think im entitled to do that every once in a while. But im not sure that anything else he did could compare, since these were kind of his characters. But who knows? Ill try and look into it.

AndrewL 05-06-2004 12:13 AM

OBSESSED FAN???! sadly correct.

I love you cracka azz crackas. And yea, i've been a bit busy but I'll try to post more.

I've basically gone nuts on ebay and bought a **** load of comics that either feature steve's work or has an AD for sam and max. something like that. I'll scan em and explain em when i have time.

I think i have 3 hellboys christmas specials as we speak.

I have 1 gumby one.

All my comics are on a shelf right now, and i totally don't feel like going through them. But I have a damn lot right now.

oh yea, "Dynatron city" or something. a lucasarts/marvel comic book. I have it. Steve made it.

hmm. I have both the pins now. cost me and arm and a leg on ebay.

Theres are the more recent things i think.......oh yea, some weird Role playing book. Theres some steve art in it.

yea, when I have more time, i'll organize my stuff and list it. Let's just say I'm catching up to Jake...only a few things left.

RIght now, i'd kill for some original Steve Purcell art. he should sell us some, He'd make a killing off of that. Just sell old sketches and sign them, I'd buy em. IF YOU READ THAT STEVE, IT'S A GOOD IDEA.

alright, i'm done.

Dr Edison 007 05-06-2004 06:12 AM

AndrewL, your my hero.

SyntheticGerbil 05-20-2004 12:40 AM

Hey Andrew would you be willing to sell one christmas special?

I have the Fast Foward one. I likgf

SyntheticGerbil 07-03-2004 01:15 PM

ALL I NEED IS THE HELLBOY CHRISTMAS SPECIAL. SOMEONE SELL ME IT! NEW POST!!!!!1