LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Development Forum (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=283)
-   -   Exclusive Jedi Revamp Screenshots (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=130185)

DarthMaulUK 06-18-2004 05:49 PM

Exclusive Jedi Revamp Screenshots

These new animations..... are they new Jedi powers, or reworking animations of current ones? Whatever they are, they really add some magic to the Jedi profession, that is under going a major revamp for the next publish.

Tell us your views about them!

click here to view

DMUK

afoi 06-18-2004 11:08 PM

Looks cool.

Now get to work on the combat revamp.:biggs:

Afoi

reelguy227 06-18-2004 11:16 PM

jedi suck in this timeline ,get em out of swg for good!!!

Gohan_Trunksss 06-19-2004 12:11 AM

if you dont like jedi why are you playing STARWARS. btw i love the new animation, maybe late you get some saber blade animations for instance Black saber blade with white lightning shooting from hilt to saber end or static lightning traveling around the blade.... just some thoughts.

Lord Haine 06-19-2004 04:01 AM

The reason he is playing Star Wars Galaxies is because he wants to play a MMORPG that is around the Star Wars world in a certain timeline, and this certain timeline contains very few Jedi, instead, he wishes to be a powerful well known Bounty Hunter that is feared by many people, or the Commando of a hunting group going in search of fortunes in the game world. That is why he is playing star wars, not to be a Jedi.

And by the way, seeing as you cannot get black light, there is no way you can get a black lightsaber.

Gohan_Trunksss 06-19-2004 06:08 AM

well everyone has to stop saying take out jedi because thats what known in Starwars, if anyone says starwars u know the first thing they think is "jedi" so he has to square with that.

and for the sabers, said it was an idea :-p so do purple and light green i dun care its just ideas for some interesting animations

Ulic Quel Droma 06-19-2004 06:13 AM

Quote:

if you dont like jedi why are you playing STARWARS.
hmm i might need glasses but im reading that as _STAR_ wars not _JEDI_ wars

Quote:

btw i love the new animation, maybe late you get some saber blade animations for instance Black saber blade with white lightning shooting from hilt to saber end or static lightning traveling around the blade
thats got to be the worsed idea ive EVER seen

Quote:

well everyone has to stop saying take out jedi because thats what known in Starwars, if anyone says starwars u know the first thing they think is "jedi" so he has to square with that.
Jedi arnt even supposed to EXIST in this time period, the only jedi that exist (not including EU) are Obiwan Yoda and Luke
Jedi should be taken out of the game completely OR it should be only 1 in 100 players can get jedi, which would be perma death

the DEV's should stop tending to the needs of carebares and work on something that actualy NEEDS to be fixed, IE pistoleer

GuunHan 06-19-2004 09:12 AM

Let's get a few things straight. Despite being called LIGHTsabers they are not lasers, they are plasma. So there could easily be a black lightsaber. THere were also more than three Jedi in existence around this time, just not shown in the movies, read some books and play some games my friend, learn.

DarthMaulUK 06-19-2004 09:49 AM

Lets get back on topic please. Theres dozens of threads in the main forums about Jedi being in Galaxies. This thread is to debate the new screens and what could be new powers.

DMUK

ThunderPeel2001 06-19-2004 12:51 PM

PROS: They look cool.

CONS: They don't look exactly like Jedi stuff from the movies... but that doesn't bother me!

Hooray for SWG, maybe one day it will reach a near complete stage!

Lord Haine 06-19-2004 03:36 PM

Um, just wondering, are these official shots? Or did someone send them in or something? Because, if you look closely, the last 2 pictures, (bottom and middle), the player model is in exactly the same position, just with different animations, and to me, they look a little bit fake...

Misfits 06-19-2004 03:52 PM

Awesome!

:mm1 :vader3: :sithm: :lsduel: :saberr: :saberb: :koon:
sorrry was just clicken on a few i thought looked cool heh heh heh hehOk the robes look awesome but what are the protection stats on them depending on lvl?

DarthMaulUK 06-19-2004 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lord Haine
Um, just wondering, are these official shots? Or did someone send them in or something? Because, if you look closely, the last 2 pictures, (bottom and middle), the player model is in exactly the same position, just with different animations, and to me, they look a little bit fake...

These are OFFICIAL shots. If you look on www.starwarsgalaxies.com it even links to them. Everything on SWGalaxies.net is always official.

DMUK

Lord Haine 06-19-2004 05:07 PM

Quote:

These are OFFICIAL shots. If you look on www.starwarsgalaxies.com it even links to them. Everything on SWGalaxies.net is always official.
Sorry to doubt, its just a few other sites arent as faithfull as you, heh.
Then, if these are official, those graphics are awesome? Espiaccelly the last one with the small sparks of electricity flowing around the Jedi's body.
I seriousely want to know if there going to make a whole change to graphics of the game or something, because these graphics and JTL graphics are completely breath taking, are they changing the original SWG graphics aswell?

Ulic Quel Droma 06-19-2004 09:24 PM

Quote:

Let's get a few things straight. Despite being called LIGHTsabers they are not lasers, they are plasma. So there could easily be a black lightsaber. THere were also more than three Jedi in existence around this time, just not shown in the movies, read some books and play some games my friend, learn.
not too good on the reading side are ya buddy, ONE lightsabers are NOT plasma, they _ARE_ light, light is focused through the crystal and refined enough to be able to cut things, hence LIGHTsaber, also if you had botherd to read my post i said

Quote:

Jedi arnt even supposed to EXIST in this time period, the only jedi that exist (not including EU) are Obiwan Yoda and Luke
see the brackets saying EXCLUDING EU that means anything that wasnt in the movies smart guy.

ahem anyway ontopic, the robes look meh, they added a hood woopde do, the animations dont look that great either and whats with all the flashy effects they look cheesy

Jan Gaarni 06-20-2004 06:23 AM

Obi-Wan is dead, Yoda is in hiding, and Luke is no Jedi yet. :D

So really just 1 Jedi. ;) :p

Lord Haine 06-20-2004 09:54 AM

Quote:

not too good on the reading side are ya buddy, ONE lightsabers are NOT plasma, they _ARE_ light, light is focused through the crystal and refined enough to be able to cut things, hence LIGHTsaber, also if you had botherd to read my post i said
Yay!

/dance

I thought i was right! Thanks Ulic!

Quote:

Obi-Wan is dead, Yoda is in hiding, and Luke is no Jedi yet.

So really just 1 Jedi.
How did they all die? Did they all get hunted down by the Empire?

Jan Gaarni 06-20-2004 09:57 AM

Yes.

Lord Haine 06-20-2004 10:09 AM

Quote:

Yes.
Jeez... The empire must kinda kick ass then, lol, if they killed all of the Jedi...
I need to watch the films again...
I know this is going a little off topic but what happens after the last movie? Is Darth Vadar killed? I cant remember, what happens? Cause the hologram person is still alive right?

(Mind blank, cant remember anything >_<)

Andill_Starside 06-20-2004 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gohan_Trunksss
maybe late you get some saber blade animations for instance Black saber blade with white lightning shooting from hilt to saber end or static lightning traveling around the blade.... just some thoughts.
Ok for ALL of those people who want black saber blades, it can not be done. Because a lightsaber emits light (what an idea!), if a saber was black, it would absorb all light and not emit any, so it is impossible so don't spam with black saber ideas.

lil_dude 06-20-2004 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lord Haine
Jeez... The empire must kinda kick ass then, lol, if they killed all of the Jedi...
I need to watch the films again...
I know this is going a little off topic but what happens after the last movie? Is Darth Vadar killed? I cant remember, what happens? Cause the hologram person is still alive right?

(Mind blank, cant remember anything >_<)

i believe Vadar killed a large number of Jedi, he missed a few though.

Yes Palpetine kills Vadar when Vadar throws him over the ede into the reactor or w/e, his suit fails and he dies. He turns good then so you see his ghost thing along with Obi-Wan and Yoda

Soldier7390 06-22-2004 05:25 PM

How to be a jedi

I heard that they are changing how you become a jedi is that true? (Sorry for offtask kinda) But the animations look cool i like the lightsaber glint though.... well... i dont think its cheesy.:explode: :snipe1: man i had to do that.:barf2: :wan: okay okay no more...i like those smileys though.

DarthMaulUK 06-22-2004 06:08 PM

They are indeed changing the 'path' to becoming a jedi. Check out the news section for full details.

DMUK

obi-wannAB 06-22-2004 09:50 PM

BLACKsaber

sorry just getting used to the system...
quote: "Ok for ALL of those people who want black saber blades, it can not be done. Because a lightsaber emits light (what an idea!), if a saber was black, it would absorb all light and not emit any, so it is impossible so don't spam with black saber ideas."

This isnt reality, this is a game, plus do you really think that using "the force" is possible anyway? lol, what if they make a super saber that doesnt use a crystal? what if it DOES absorb light so that the blade would apear black? any way....
The screenshots look really kool I like them....

Daniel_Dyke 08-04-2004 08:25 AM

Ah but by using a Yuuzhun Vong crystal(Like Anakin Solo) or having an electrolum lightsaber(Like Mace Windu) a wider colour spectrum is available.
Those force effects would look better if the jedi loked like they were putting effort into them, like wincing and stuff.:c3po:

lucyan 01-20-2006 03:28 AM

bah! they are old ones

heal, absorb and another generic one

damn they should just go back this dumbies

chilastraafet 06-05-2007 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucyan
bah! they are old ones

heal, absorb and another generic one

damn they should just go back this dumbies

Wow please update your threads here this is confusing. At least put datestamps on em. I got all excited for nothing.

DarthMaulUK 06-05-2007 04:39 PM

you mean this? 06-18-2004, 09:49 PM above my avatar?

MonkDN 09-04-2007 08:46 PM

KKK sorry about bringing this up again, but i want someone to tell me the scientific reason why there cannot be a black light saber..... Im not a total geek, but i do know that the color black is a lack of light, .... but then explain a black light...

"Black light (also Wood's light) is the common name for a lamp emitting electromagnetic radiation that is almost exclusively in the soft near ultraviolet range, and very little visible light. In many areas this type of lighting is more commonly referred to as simply "UV light".""

this using this property you could make a black in color lightsaber, just using a non visible frequency...

using special tools and such you can see them easily - like a nightvision setting on a newer camcorder can see the blink from your IR remote for your TV

someone let me know if im wrong... but you just have to think outside the box a little

Jo 09-05-2007 02:55 PM

This is three years old. Pay attention to time stamps

Saber-Scorpion 09-05-2007 03:13 PM

sorry but ot was thick text so i thought it was active my computer messes up the text sometimes