LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   RSRP (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   READ ME! RPG Discussion Threads: Yes or No? (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=131752)

Redwing 07-14-2004 01:26 AM

READ ME! RPG Discussion Threads: Yes or No?

I find RPG stories go better when many people contribute to the idea pool, discuss what they think should happen next, and coordinate plot ideas with each other.

Postlude to Holocaust is certainly plot-heavy enough for this...and discussion might benefit other RPGs as well...

Private messaging can get tedious and I know alot of you don't like instant messenger. What do you think about making discussion/planning threads?

(Remember, for secrets, there's still PMs ;))

Admiral 07-14-2004 02:00 AM

simple:

1 discussion thread would be to confusing
2 Discussion threads for every RPG=to many unnecessary threads

3. Best option out of all of them.

Kuuki 07-14-2004 09:41 AM

yeah, i have the same thought as admiral (for there being as long as its needed)

but i think we can manage to make a single thread and not be confusing (like putting it in the post subject and separater lines in)

Deac 07-14-2004 05:07 PM

I think for RPGs that need it, but only that. One for all would be confusing

Redwing 07-16-2004 02:15 AM

Well, that's pretty much the popular consensus, then, since I favor option 3 as well... (unless someone else wants to chime in ;))

Next question: Which RPGs need it? (My vote goes to Postlude to Holocaust, at least...)

[I'll make and sticky any discussion threads, or sticky any discussion threads made by anyone else, of course]

Deac 07-16-2004 09:55 AM

Postlude to Holocaust...and perhaps the Regular Cantina...which should be posted here so you can sticky it, Red.

Kuuki 07-16-2004 01:25 PM

Yeah, PTH and Cantina

and maybe crisis for what matter how long that lasts

Redwing 07-20-2004 01:24 AM

I'll make those two threads, then, I guess...but first I'm going to wait for certain other people *cough* BD *cough* jokemaster *cough* to notice this thread XD

Redwing 07-22-2004 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Deac
Postlude to Holocaust...and perhaps the Regular Cantina...which should be posted here so you can sticky it, Red.
*bump* actually, as of today, I can sticky threads in XWA too. So...not a problem ^_^

Deac 07-22-2004 09:42 AM

Wow! Red's a super moderator now. Is that like the difference between a saya-jin and super-sayajin? Should we cower before thine awesome power? Should I shut up now?

Kuuki 07-22-2004 01:55 PM

dont tempt me to quote crackles about when he's angry :)

Redwing 07-23-2004 01:51 AM

Heh. XD Actually, the difference is that a supermoderator can do everything a moderator can do their forums, but in any forum. And we can ban people (user accounts not IPs, so basically a slap-on-the-wrist type ban).

(Oddly, we can't unban people due to...something or other.)

No, you shouldn't cower, because there's really no point...:D

Back on topic: Still waiting for BD and jokemaster to show up... (though I'll take just one of them as a signal to get moving ;))

Kuuki 07-23-2004 10:53 AM

yeah

and recently Lynk's been made a moderator as well

Redwing 08-17-2004 07:45 PM

Well, there we have it. We're going with option three, it seems...and I'm now destickying this.