LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Taris Upper City Emporium (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=645)
-   -   [KOTOR] Star Forge Workbench Mod up at My site (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=134563)

RedHawke 08-28-2004 01:24 AM

[K1] Star Forge Workbench Mod up at My site

Hello all,

Just me at it again, this simple mod came from a conversation I had with Achillies awhile ago about there not being a Workbench anywhere on the Star Forge, after all it is a factory, a lousy Workbench could have been somewhere for us to use, and you also get crystals from fallen foe's on the Star Forge to boot! :D

This mod fixes the problem, it simply spawns a Workbench right near the Door where malak kills the 2 Jedi and then tries to kill you with the Star Forge Spider Droids. Once you deal with the Droids now you will have a Workbench for any final saber modifications before you face Darth Malak! :D

Version 1.1 Released 10-18-2004

You can Get The Workbench Here! :emperor:

This uses the same workbench placeable .utp and script from the Rodian Elder Merchant mod so it is ok to overwrite the 2 files when installing one over the other. Or, if you use it, KMM should see they are the same files and handle it accordingly.

Update: Thanks to Ferrek for reporting a bug in this mod that broke the final confrentation with Malak.

I hope you all enjoy it! :D

Achilles 08-28-2004 02:09 AM

Great work, RedHawke. I'm glad you remembered that conversation, cuz I forgot all about it :D

De Cem Beer :drink3:

RedHawke 08-28-2004 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Achilles
Great work, RedHawke. I'm glad you remembered that conversation, cuz I forgot all about it :D

De Cem Beer :drink3:

Yup... The mind is the first thing to go. :D

[Jolee] What were we talking about again? [/Jolee]

Oh yeah...

*Starts chanting new TSL mantra*

De Cem 'Beer' :guiness:

stingerhs 08-28-2004 08:41 AM

finally, a mod that is truely useful. i'm gonna have to learn how to script so i can do stuff like that. thanx folks!!!

Glamador 08-28-2004 11:56 AM

it would have been more useful if u placed it right outside the star forge map chamber where u fight the semi-final boss cus i hav to say, i didnt find that battle with the three dark jedi nearly as easy as good 'ole malak himself

RedHawke 08-29-2004 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Glamador
it would have been more useful if u placed it right outside the star forge map chamber where u fight the semi-final boss cus i hav to say, i didnt find that battle with the three dark jedi nearly as easy as good 'ole malak himself
Uh Glamador... you lost me there???

What is a "Star Forge Map Chamber" there isn't an area like that that I recall??? :confused:

Nodakrattler 08-29-2004 01:45 AM

I believe he means the area you fight

spoiler:
Bastila(LS) or the three dark jedi(DS)

RedHawke 08-29-2004 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Nodakrattler
I believe he means the area you fight

spoiler:
Bastila(LS) or the three dark jedi(DS)

That area is called the Star Forge's Command Center, at least that is how Malak referrs to it... Oh well. :)

messkell 08-29-2004 02:40 AM

great concept, RedHawke. It's good to have a workbench on the star forge :)

Nodakrattler 08-29-2004 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by RedHawke
That area is called the Star Forge's Command Center, at least that is how Malak referrs to it... Oh well. :)
You are right on that one. I'd forgotten the actual name till you said it. I can see where he got his name for it though, being that there is a large map in there of the battle.

BTW all of your work is great I have it all added in with the Holowan plug-in, and some of the things I'm working on. Of course I don't know if I'll be putting out things as good as your's.

RedHawke 10-18-2004 08:31 PM

Update 1.1

Version 1.1 Released

Fixed a glitch that would break the final confrentation with Malak. Thanks to Ferrek for reporting the bug. :D

TheOutrider 10-18-2004 08:50 PM

Sweet finally now I could add the crystals that always frustrated me about how you could get crystals but not change them

[Homer Simpson Voice]
:ben:RedHawke, the solution to all of Kotors problems
[/Homer Simpson Voice]

Raveth 10-19-2004 05:37 AM

hmm isnt there already one up already ? =S

RedHawke 10-19-2004 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Raveth
hmm isnt there already one up already ? =S
:confused: Uh... Raveth it says its an update for the mod, did you even read anything in this thread before you posted this really out of place question? :eyeraise:

StormSinger 10-27-2004 06:54 AM

Nevermid

Darkkender 10-27-2004 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by StormSinger
Actually, you can add a workbench dialog to an armband and have access to it anywhere... without the need for an actual workbench. *shrug*
but that kinda defeats the purpose of the thrill of finding that last minute workbench to make changes with. not too mention downplays Redhawke's excellent work.

RedHawke 10-27-2004 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by darkkender
not too mention downplays Redhawke's excellent work.
Thank you darkkender. :D