LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   DownTime: The Pilot's Lounge (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=248)
-   -   Who here is smart? (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=134793)

Lujayne 08-31-2004 05:57 AM

Who here is smart?

I need a good *free* webhost that allows leeching so I can post pics on ebay and my journal and crap! Who knows a good one??
Bwah!

Kuuki 08-31-2004 07:32 AM

scarface2k1@msn.com

email me pics and i'll put them on my webspace that i got

http://kookee.wheresthebeef.co.uk/

[edit]I'm currently putting an uploading script so that you can jsut upload onto there[/edit]

Kuuki 08-31-2004 04:03 PM

http://kookee.wheresthebeef.co.uk/Upload/

Lynk Former 08-31-2004 08:58 PM

http://www.photobucket.com/

Redwing 08-31-2004 09:21 PM

Geocities or something like that will work too, just name the pic files with a *.txt extension, instead of *.jpg or *.gif...

Rogue Nine 08-31-2004 09:35 PM

I can do it for you too. Put stuff on my nifty Echonet webspace. I'm pretty sure Wacky wouldn't mind terribly.

Lujayne 09-01-2004 12:28 AM

Hi! Thank you all for the great help; I think however that I will go with Link's suggestion, just because it seems like the easiest... ^_^
Arigatou-gozaima****a, minna-san!

Lujayne 09-01-2004 12:29 AM

Wow. They edited out my ****y Japanese. u_u

Nairb Notneb 09-29-2004 10:37 AM

Try

http://members.freewebs.com/

Kuuki 09-29-2004 02:07 PM

http://kookee.wheresthebeef.co.uk/Upload

is better

cus i run it

and you can upload ALMOST anything (granted that they're legal **** :P (aka mp3's a nono :D)

Redwing 09-29-2004 02:25 PM

Niner's idea was better. ;)

Old thread. :D (Not that old, but the problem's 'old' by now...XD)

Lynk Former 09-29-2004 05:49 PM

I don't think it matters anymore Red XD I'm just glad to see many threads with new posts in here lol.

Nairb Notneb 09-30-2004 07:48 AM

(in best Yoda like voice)

good posts! good! good!

Rogue15 09-30-2004 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Nairb Notneb
(in best Yoda like voice)

good posts! good! good!

stop the spamming before we reset your post count.

Lynk Former 09-30-2004 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Rogue15
coming from the moderator who doesn't do anything.

Nairb Notneb 10-01-2004 02:38 PM

After looking at a few of my posts, I can see how one might construe them to be spam? My intent was to respond in a humorous manner with a Star Wars flavor. If I broke forum regulations I will be more careful. My apologies. If in fact I have broken the rules then please send me an email or something as opposed to posting here please because I feel that these posts would only clutter up somebody's thread and that would be rude. I have never intended to be rude, nor do I wish to be. Thank you.

Lynk Former 10-01-2004 07:20 PM

The problem is that you're a n00b, and this is Aresen and well, Aresen is a very old forum which one one takes any notice in so when a n00b comes in and posts stuff like that we kinda suspect that they're only here to score a few extra posts. The rest of us on the other hand have been here for years and this place, while it is dead, is our home. In this forum there are different rules and regulations to the ones you're used to. Basically, anything goes, as long as you're a well known member here :p

Rogue Nine 10-01-2004 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Rogue15
Coming from the moderator that can't actually do anything.

Lynk Former 10-01-2004 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Rogue Nine
Coming from the moderator that can't actually do anything.
XD LOL

Redwing 10-01-2004 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Nairb Notneb
After looking at a few of my posts, I can see how one might construe them to be spam? My intent was to respond in a humorous manner with a Star Wars flavor. If I broke forum regulations I will be more careful. My apologies. If in fact I have broken the rules then please send me an email or something as opposed to posting here please because I feel that these posts would only clutter up somebody's thread and that would be rude. I have never intended to be rude, nor do I wish to be. Thank you.
No, no one's construing anything as spam. Don't worry, you haven't done anything wrong ;)

Bad R15. :D

90SK 10-01-2004 09:07 PM

Quote:

Basically, anything goes, as long as you're a well known member here
Thats comforting :p

Lynk Former 10-01-2004 09:07 PM

*waits for the next Aresener to come in and pick on 15*

Rogue15 10-01-2004 09:13 PM

it was my mistake...first thing i saw when i stumbled drunkedly into downtime was a bunch of topics with the last post with "Nairb Notneb" as the last poster. and besides, it was fun. *passes out beers for everyone*

Lynk Former 10-01-2004 09:15 PM

Excuses, excuses eh 15 :D

Rogue15 10-01-2004 09:35 PM

who let the vornskr out of the cage?!

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swkot...ept_art/10.jpg

he bites. ^_^

Lynk Former 10-01-2004 10:40 PM

How can a picture bite?

90SK 10-01-2004 11:57 PM

I've seen pictures BYTE all the time!
:joy:

sorry, I couldnt resist.

Nairb Notneb 10-03-2004 04:05 AM

Hey its cool Rogue15. I am very new here to the forums and that is why I've been going all over the place and poking around. This forum is dead (as are several others) and I was trying to help put some life into it if I could. I guess I instead I stepped on a hornets nest and woke 'em up or something. Sorry about that. My bad. I didn't intend to. I came the Rouge Squad area 'cause I still play my good old PC Rouge Squadron game with my son. Every time we beat it we reset it and start over again. So, you'll probably be seeing me around I hope.

Lynk Former 10-03-2004 04:16 AM

I was spawned here back in 1999 and back when the activity in this place was dying down I tried to keep it alive for as long as possible but it was no use.

Nairb Notneb 10-03-2004 04:40 AM

Well, RS is an old game and very few people play it anymore so I see why nobody comes here. I figured it was worth a try any way, what would it hurt. That's what I thought . I never thought I would ruffle some feathers. I'll be posting, at least a little.

Redwing 10-03-2004 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lynk Former
I was spawned here back in 1999 and back when the activity in this place was dying down I tried to keep it alive for as long as possible but it was no use.
What are you talking about? There was that one spurt of activity that lasted oh, I don't know, several years :p after I joined ;)

R15: I like that piccy, as I said on AIM. :D

Skye: How dare you! *bans* ;)

Philocleon 10-04-2004 05:48 AM

Well, I'll admit, Aresen is dead and no one's really bothered to clean this place, but hey, it's a good place to kick back and relax and it may be dead, but hey, it's home. *sits down on what appears to be a couch, only to fall to the floor because the couch is actually a pile of dust that resembles a couch* Ow.

Lynk Former 10-04-2004 05:56 AM

Well the people to blame are Factor 5... ever since they made the Rogue Squadron series exclusive to the GameCube the folks who run this place lost interest in it because of that reason.

Maybe one day the X-Wing / Rogue Squadron spirit will be revived and a new forum opens up, one where the Areseners and XWAers will migrate to XD

Nairb Notneb 10-04-2004 09:51 AM

I agree Lynk. I would have all RS games myself if they were on PC. I challenge LA to revive the series in PC format.

Commander 598 10-05-2004 06:14 PM

Quote:

Areseners and XWAers will migrate to
Translation: Areseners and XWAers will race to claim...*
*Provided some "missing" members can be cattle prodded back to the forums

I would be more than happy to have RS back on the PC.

*Puts Factor 5 blackmail folder back in desk drawer*

Kuuki 10-05-2004 08:35 PM

*takes cattleprod from Commander and prods him with it*

Don't take my cattleprod!!

*prods again*

Redwing 10-05-2004 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Commander 598
Translation: Areseners and XWAers will race to claim...*
*Provided some "missing" members can be cattle prodded back to the forums

Heh. Yes. XD

I would PLAY RS again if it were on PC. :/ Flight sims + consoles = sucky. At least IMHO. (Note - I do favor console usage in such games as Halo, KotOR and Fable. So I'm not just saying that because I'm a PC fan :p)

Nairb Notneb 10-06-2004 08:55 AM

I think you can do more with the right PC. "They" prefer the consoles over the PC in that they can make a higher profit because of the "I gotcha" factor. A consumer commits himself/herself to one line of console therefore creating a monopoly for that companies games, so they don't have to compete. There is still competition between console systems, but if you can get somebody trapped into your console, then they typically aren't going to switch midstream. That's why most companies sell their consoles at a loss and jack up the prices of the games.

Deac 10-06-2004 10:51 AM

Ah, I remember the old RSN/XWA rivalry. And I remember defecting to RSN. Then I remember not really bothering with either after both died. And every so often I make a return post like this.

See you again in 6 months.

Redwing 10-06-2004 11:19 AM

...Or tomorrow, if you're in the RPGs. :D

Which is pretty much my situation as well...I post in my RPGs daily or even multiple times daily, but here and in my other communities, I'm much more...shall we say...erratic. ^^;;

(Except I at least skim the RPG forums daily, because, well, that's my job ;) but I still may not post...)