LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   The Sliced TaunTaun (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=559)
-   -   Skype a good idea for talking when not in game (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=135922)

maxloef 09-19-2004 12:50 AM

Skype a good idea for talking when not in game
 
skype is a programm which uses voicechat and also some instant meseging i truly recomend this if you wanna have a audio conversation its FREE and you can get it from www.skype.com it uses VERy high quality voicechat if you r gonna get it or if you have it post your name in this thread My name on skype is maxloef



Ps: to the moderators please make this thread sticky

Mountainforest 09-19-2004 02:17 AM

Has this something to do with battlefront?

Alegis 09-19-2004 02:18 AM

I didn't know skype supported multi-conversations. It's more like a replacement for a phone. For games/clans etc programs like ventrilo, teamspeak, roger wilco etc are preferred.

moved to sliced tauntaun

Doomie 09-19-2004 02:20 AM

Then where do we get those programs, Alegis? are they free too? Cause it would be a real improvement to be able to jsut talk to your teammembers...

Mountainforest 09-19-2004 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Alegis
I didn't know skype supported multi-conversations. It's more like a replacement for a phone. For games/clans etc programs like ventrilo, teamspeak, roger wilco etc are preferred.

moved to sliced tauntaun

Nice sig :D I really love that tv-ad.

Alegis 09-19-2004 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Doomie
Then where do we get those programs, Alegis? are they free too? Cause it would be a real improvement to be able to jsut talk to your teammembers...
first of all, battlefront will have a built-in chat system.
Secondly, teamspeak and ventrilo are the most popular voicechat programs for games ATM. Both free. You'll just need a server then which some host for free.
ventrilo.com, teamspeak.org. If you're on xfire others can see which teamspeak/ventrilo server you're on

Mountainforest 09-19-2004 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Alegis
first of all, battlefront will have a built-in chat system.
Secondly, teamspeak and ventrilo are the most popular voicechat programs for games ATM. Both free. You'll just need a server then which some host for free.
ventrilo.com, teamspeak.org. If you're on xfire others can see which teamspeak/ventrilo server you're on

We use skype, but if those are better programs, we will step over. Let's post this on our forums. Thanks for the tip!

Neon 09-19-2004 07:37 AM

I can't find it, you do mean our forums hè?

Mountainforest 09-19-2004 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by DogGy
I can't find it, you do mean our forums hè?
I already gave the information to our leader. Don't doubt my speed :D

Neon 09-19-2004 10:05 AM

Ow.
But what's so special about these programs?

Alegis 09-19-2004 10:30 AM

TEAMspeak and ventrilo are designed, built etc for clans, teams, whatever, to speak to each other. Skype is an alternative to phoning. Skype is up to 4 for example and if you want to speak to each other while in game, the useless extra features of skype and the tons of extra useful ones in t./v. make the decision obvious


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.