LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Original Trilogy (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=441)
-   -   [DVD] Luke Skywalker with a mustache? (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=137750)

andargor 10-06-2004 10:16 AM

[DVD] Luke Skywalker with a mustache?
 
Maybe I'm hallucinating, but in RoTJ when Luke jumps off of Jabba's sail barge (just before it blows up), there's a close-up of him and I swear I see some fuzz on his upper lip...

Am I mad?

Andargor

*Yoinked* 10-06-2004 10:50 AM

YA, you are mad, and I am too, cause I see it as well...
WEIRD! :disaprove

DarthBuzzard 10-06-2004 05:05 PM

I saw some internet speculation on that very thing I think...or it may have been that I wasn't reading straight at 21 minutes past midnight...o_0

P.S...Nice sig Adam! ;)

Kurgan 10-07-2004 05:11 AM

Most likely explanation: you're seeing the stuntman (who has facial hair), rather than Mark Hamill.

It's funny sometimes how they don't make the stuntman/woman look like the original actor, but then they figure you will only see them for a split second so you won't be focusing saying "now is that really the same person or just somebody dressed like them?"

In the prequels Lucas is taking the actor's faces and digitally "pasting" them ontop of the stuntpeople's faces. On the one hand this increases realism and suspension of disbelief by making it look like the "character" is doing everything. But on the other hand the stuntpeople might be understandably upset that they have even less of a presence in the film. But one could argue that their job isn't to stand out, but to blend into the action. After all, you aren't supposed to see the technicians with their boom mikes in the background either, so the less you see of that in a fictional movie meant for entertainment, the better.

Prime 10-07-2004 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kurgan
It's funny sometimes how they don't make the stuntman/woman look like the original actor, but then they figure you will only see them for a split second so you won't be focusing saying "now is that really the same person or just somebody dressed like them?"
They probably didn't count on DVD technology to provide obsessive fanboys with the chance to analyze every single frame in perfect detail.

Sivy 10-07-2004 07:14 AM

that reminds me of spaceballs when they catch their stunt doubles.
http://captiongallery.com/Movies/Spa...Picture_16.JPG

hehe :D

Vagabond 10-07-2004 07:15 AM

I think Luke was merely using a little-known power called Force Mustache, which startle-ifies your opponent at your rapidly sprouting facial fur. In this semi-mesmerized state, the baddie is vulerable to a killing blow. That's got to be what it is :cool:

andargor 10-07-2004 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Prime
They probably didn't count on DVD technology to provide obsessive fanboys with the chance to analyze every single frame in perfect detail.
Right, before DVD technology wasn't necessary for obsessive fanboys to become Lucas Forums Star Wars Classic Trilogy Moderators, however. ;)

Andargor

Kain 10-07-2004 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sivy
that reminds me of spaceballs when they catch their stunt doubles.
http://captiongallery.com/Movies/Spa...Picture_16.JPG

hehe :D

Dude, that stunt double is a LEGEND!!

Lynk Former 10-07-2004 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by andargor
Right, before DVD technology wasn't necessary for obsessive fanboys to become Lucas Forums Star Wars Classic Trilogy Moderators, however. ;)
:rolleyes:



and LOL @ the space balls pic.

andargor 10-07-2004 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lynk Former
:rolleyes:
There was a smilie at the end... :)

Apologies if in bad taste.

Andargor


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.