LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   How many times have you crashed on a speeder bike today? (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=137859)

Darth Groovy 10-08-2004 01:05 AM

How many times have you crashed on a speeder bike today?

Jeezum Crow!

6 times...

All I do is crash into rocks, somebody keep me off this damn thing! :eek:

Evil Dark Jedi 10-08-2004 01:15 AM

Once or twice. I drive speeders very well.:D

^Invader 10-08-2004 02:00 AM

10 :(

guess the good thing that came out of it ran over a few ewoks :)

subs0nic 10-08-2004 02:37 AM

I pretty much only use the speeders to get places, so all you have to do is memorise a safe route to where you want to go. :)

Pho3nix 10-08-2004 04:58 AM

LmaO

About 3 times :P

Amazian 10-08-2004 06:04 AM

The one thing you shouldn't do on a speeder is speed :P

Turn off the blurring, that'll help you pilot it a bit. I usually just use bursts of speed and i'm often braking. The only problem I have with the speeder is I have a hard time aiming it.

Jan Gaarni 10-08-2004 07:04 AM

What I don't like about the speeder is that it is too low on the ground. Going thru the forest of Endor for instance is very dangerous cause you can't see more than a meter in front.

Now, I don't want it to be too easy by elevating it too high, but a tad higher would be preferable. :)

The second thing is, going over slops on the ground at max speed is impossible. As you come down on the other side you slam down on the ground, damaging the speeder. That is just stupid. :rolleyes:

JediJohn 10-08-2004 07:19 AM

0 times, as i am the ultimate biker

chrishaolin 10-08-2004 07:36 AM

i crash about 8 out of 10 times on the speeder on endor.
its great fun to ride it on the dune sea though..

love going full speed and "ghost riding" it when i reach my destination :D

RebelScum! 10-08-2004 08:54 AM

Heh about 5 times (ran about 25 people over and shot 10). :emperor: :dmaul3:

zERoCooL2479 10-08-2004 09:13 AM

I suck driving the speeder in the forest. Only on sand, am I okay...hehe

swphreak 10-08-2004 09:31 AM

Suprisingly, not too much. it helps to use the wasd, not the mouse to steer.

Alegis 10-08-2004 10:46 AM

I almost never played endor, only crashed once there i guess. On tatooine, never

TK-8252 10-08-2004 12:25 PM

On Endor if I'm not careful I always crash into a rock/bump/stick/twig and get blown to pieces.

It makes you wonder... are the speeder bike chase scenes in RotJ actually humanly possible, considering how "unskilled" some Imperial Scout Troopers can be?

Neon 10-08-2004 01:09 PM

Meh, endor full of trees, then I can dodge them, I crash against a flare:mad:

swphreak 10-08-2004 04:01 PM

I find Endor is pretty easy to navigate on speeder. Same with Dune Sea. Yavin is the hard one, the trees are actually too close.

Evil Dark Jedi 10-08-2004 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DogGy
Meh, endor full of trees, then I can dodge them, I crash against a flare:mad:
Same here. I always crash into them. Never the trees.

Tip: Always ride a speeder in 3rd person. Much easier.:)

Kurgan 10-08-2004 04:59 PM

Considering the camera/zoom and the fact that the PC version has Endor littered with lush vegatation, yes, the only way I can effectively use a Speeder Bike is in third person mode, and going in cautious starts and stops, never traveling at full speed, then hopping off once I get to my destination.

It really is a fragile thing, and the above doesn't help much. And I thought the JA Swoops were hard to get used to, but this.... whoa....

Darth Groovy 10-09-2004 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kurgan
Considering the camera/zoom and the fact that the PC version has Endor littered with lush vegatation, yes, the only way I can effectively use a Speeder Bike is in third person mode, and going in cautious starts and stops, never traveling at full speed, then hopping off once I get to my destination.

It really is a fragile thing, and the above doesn't help much. And I thought the JA Swoops were hard to get used to, but this.... whoa....

Gives new definition to the term "crotch rocket" doesn't it? :p

Evil Dark Jedi 10-09-2004 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kurgan

And I thought the JA Swoops were hard to get used to, but this.... whoa....

The JA swoops always go to one side with me. I crashed no times today on a speeder.

Neon 10-09-2004 02:13 AM

Well, you're right with your tip, Evil Dark Jedi.
But the view is cool when you do it in 1st person.

Evil Dark Jedi 10-09-2004 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by DogGy
Well, you're right with your tip, Evil Dark Jedi.
But the view is cool when you do it in 1st person.

Yeah it does look better. Crashed two times on my last game which was on Endor.

Darth Groovy 10-09-2004 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Evil Dark Jedi
I crashed no times today on a speeder.
Me either, because I didn't play SWBF today yet. :joy:

DieStarWarsGeek 10-09-2004 03:38 PM

I crash occasionally too. Yes it just takes careful driving, but I must say that the sensitivity to speeder bike explosion is way too high. Sometimes I can barely nudge something and explode like I crashed into a big tree at 100mph. They need to fix that.

Rends 10-09-2004 03:56 PM

Here is the ultimative Speedbike Tip:

1.Run to a Speedbike
2. Hit "E" to take control of it
3. Close your eyes
4. Stay cool!
5. Press "W" or whatever your acceleration button is
6. Now you should be able to "feel" the rocks and trees" in front of you
7. If you still crash you never will be a Jedi !

Hope this helps ;)

Rends

Kurgan 10-09-2004 07:16 PM

Use the Force!

Quote:

Originally posted by Rends
Here is the ultimative Speedbike Tip:

1.Run to a Speedbike
2. Hit "E" to take control of it
3. Close your eyes
4. Stay cool!
5. Press "W" or whatever your acceleration button is
6. Now you should be able to "feel" the rocks and trees" in front of you
7. If you still crash you never will be a Jedi !

Hope this helps ;)

Rends

LoL, that is sound advice!

hatelull 10-09-2004 09:30 PM

those speeders are death traps i say. everytime i mount one i'm helping the other team out. the physics are funky to say the least ...

not to start some sort of bash/debate but i just finished playing a few hours of the t:v multiplayer demo and the vehicle control in that seemed much more "natural" than what's given in BF. Granted, the vehicles are necessary in this game but horribly difficult to control. furthermore, the speeder bikes on the Endor map don't help much other than allow the imperials to make it to a spawn point quicker. it's easier to run over enemies than it is to kill them, and chances are you're likely to hit a stationary tree before you hit a member of the opposing team.

most of the time i end up like princess di

SM_drunkcow 10-09-2004 10:36 PM

Just wandering but....

It pisses me off that you can't have a second person on your speeder thing and that you can't kick the other dude on the speeder like in the movie. I wander why not.

monkey joe 10-09-2004 10:49 PM

about 17............sooo

^Invader 10-10-2004 03:42 AM

re

Personally my crashes Im usually take someone out with me, like the other day i stole the Snowspeeder and crashed it into a turret with 5 rebels around it, really was quite fun :)

SM_drunkcow 10-10-2004 10:58 AM

Re: re

Quote:

Originally posted by ^Invader
Personally my crashes Im usually take someone out with me, like the other day i stole the Snowspeeder and crashed it into a turret with 5 rebels around it, really was quite fun :)
LOL . Once I took out 3 or 4 ewoks in Endor with a speeder.

^Invader 10-10-2004 04:13 PM

re

hehe i look at it this way if im going to die im going to take something or someone with me :)

Darth Groovy 10-10-2004 04:38 PM

Re: re

Quote:

Originally posted by ^Invader
hehe i look at it this way if im going to die im going to take something or someone with me :)
*runs over ^Invader with a speeder bike and crashes into the wall*

^Invader 10-10-2004 04:40 PM

re

*dodges and steps on Groovy with a AT-AT* :P

monkey joe 10-10-2004 06:28 PM

*eats a sandwich

Tyler_Durden 10-10-2004 07:32 PM

When those editing tools are released i want to have driving speeder bikes across the ocean to get to the enemy. I think that would be awesome and you wouldn't crash nearly as much i would think.

By the way i only crash once or twice when using a speeder bike in first person. How's that for skill?

Kurgan 10-10-2004 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SM_drunkcow
Just wandering but....

It pisses me off that you can't have a second person on your speeder thing and that you can't kick the other dude on the speeder like in the movie. I wander why not.

I agree. That would have served me well in quite a few situations! In the movies you could have two people on a Speeder.

Now there's something that a patch or mod should add...

Granted, that big "backpack" behind the player would get in the way (clipping) but it could be removed easily enough I would think.