LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   The Sliced TaunTaun (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=559)
-   -   Is Halo 2 going to "kill" Battlefront? (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=139511)

Prime 11-03-2004 05:39 AM

Is Halo 2 going to "kill" Battlefront?

With the impending release of the much anticipated (putting it lightly?) Halo 2, is the majority of the Battlefront community going to be moving to that game? Is Battlefront going to be the victom of bad timing?

Discuss...

Rends 11-03-2004 05:41 AM

Im a StarWars fan and not interested in Halo. So for me the answer is NO.

Rends

ckcsaber 11-03-2004 06:07 AM

For me, yes. I've already traded in Battlefront. I got bored of it very quickly, and can honestly say that Halo 2 will take all of my gaming attention. Halo was one of the few games that I could almost never get bored of.

Sabretooth 11-03-2004 06:20 AM

I haven't played Battlefront or Halo, but Halo and Halo 2 have BF swamped!

swphreak 11-03-2004 07:52 AM

I don't see why. I plan on playing Battlefront as well as Halo 2.

Yahoo.s2f 11-03-2004 09:53 AM

Im not interessted in Halo 2 since the first Halo game sucked royal (_|_) and didnt offer much .... so ill stick with SW:BF, there i can enjoy being surrounded by lasers and growling wookies.
and not to mention i get to drive the :atat: *klompetty klomp* woohooo!!!

Lynk Former 11-03-2004 10:24 AM

*snuggles and huggles and fondles Samus and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes*

I've made my choice :p

RebelScum! 11-03-2004 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak
I don't see why. I plan on playing Battlefront as well as Halo 2.
Same here.

Cpt. Bannon 11-03-2004 12:42 PM

considering some of us dont even own an xbox...i dont think its gonna kill it, especially considering that luca$art$ already has that covered.

Lieutenant_kettch 11-03-2004 12:44 PM

it won't kill it, they are two very different games, BF is like BF
(front and field), but both are different enough from halo2 that they won't be affected, and yes, play both

Jaden Malip 11-03-2004 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lynk Former
*snuggles and huggles and fondles Samus and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes*

I've made my choice :p

Echoes will be amazing.

Com Christmas, Prince of Persia 2 will glue me to the PC.

TK-8252 11-03-2004 02:41 PM

What is Halo anyway?

ET Warrior 11-03-2004 02:46 PM

Well, I know I won't be playing battlefront once Halo 2 comes out. Of course I don't play battlefront now, and I thought it was a pretty terrible game.

So in answer, maybe.

Pho3nix 11-04-2004 03:33 AM

I have Halo...that's enough for me...don't need to buy Halo2

Astrotoy7 11-04-2004 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Rends
Im a StarWars fan and not interested in Halo. So for me the answer is NO.

Rends

ditto for me :D as many know, Im very much an RPG person :)

mtfbwya

RebelScum! 11-04-2004 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by TK-8252
What is Halo anyway?
Tk...either you are joking or you need to get out more....

ET Warrior 11-04-2004 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Astrotoy7
ditto for me :D as many know, Im very much an RPG person :)
Get Lord of the Rings: The Third Age.

It seriously rocks the socks.

Quote:

I have Halo...that's enough for me...don't need to buy Halo2
:eyeraise:

If you own Halo, and like Halo....why on earth would you not want Halo 2? It is supposedly going to be greater than Halo in almost every way :eek:

Pho3nix 11-04-2004 07:38 AM

If you own Halo, and like Halo....why on earth would you not want Halo 2? It is supposedly going to be greater than Halo in almost every way :eek: [/B][/QUOTE]

duNNo? guess i don't like Halo that much :/ It's not as addictive as BattleFront, GTA: San Andreas or Warcraft3

Masterme5 11-04-2004 10:16 PM

I have played halo with my friend. I don't have xbox so I won't buy halo2.:o

Iam8up 11-05-2004 06:25 AM

we have 8 people setup and 2 xboxes, and big screen tv to play halo 2 on tuesday when it releases...

when xbox+people+halo 2 are here...im there...

until halo 2 comes out for pc (2-3 years?) it won't take down battlefront, which of course won't last 2-3 years unless maps/mods get added in

TK-8252 11-05-2004 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by RebelScum1
Tk...either you are joking or you need to get out more....
I don't know what Halo is about. :(

Masterme5 11-05-2004 01:30 PM

I undearstand you don't know what halo is about. one week ago, I didnt know what halo was/is.

Evil Dark Jedi 11-05-2004 02:47 PM

Halo 2 will be the r0x0rz. It will kill Battlefront.

LightNinja 11-05-2004 02:48 PM

i dont think halo 2 will kill bf; at least in PC. If it kills bf in Xbox...i dont care

ET Warrior 11-05-2004 02:50 PM

Quote:

The basic story is the 'covenent' a group of alien speices sharing a comon religion are attacking humanity and trying to rid humans, because their leaders have called a holy war against the humans.

Master Chief (you) is a super soldier wearing powerful body armor and just is overall really badass, and has to try and escape off of a ring that his ship crash landed onto.

That's it in a nutshell.

RebelScum! 11-05-2004 04:55 PM

Quote:

You should do some Resarch

LightNinja 11-06-2004 08:07 AM

Quote:

Me neither, and i dont know MGS story neither so..:/. Thanks ET for the info

Oidar 11-06-2004 11:48 AM

I didn't like Halo, the story was crap and the game didn't have any features I hadn't already seen before in a video game.
Battlefront is what I'll be sticking with.

ET Warrior 11-06-2004 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Oidar
I didn't like Battlefront, the story was crap and the game didn't have any features I hadn't already seen before in a video game.

<_<

>_>

I keeed

Though honestly, what does Battlefront have that is so new and unique?

I don't see why a video game must have an awesome story and be totally new and unique for it to be a good game. It seems to me that it only has to fun to play :dozey:

Doomie 11-06-2004 01:45 PM

Quote:

What is Halo anyway?
Well, on one side it's a very succesful franchise, wich was started by a game for XBOX (and later pc and mac) but now also includes several books, and ofcourse Halo 2. It was revolutionary in that it was one of the first shooters to involve driving vehicles, and the good graphics, solid gameplay and nice story, as well as fun multiplayer on at least PC, did the rest...

The story is about the covenant, a group of aliens, who try to destroy humanity, because it is somehow against their religion. They have superior technology and numbers, and the only thing stopping them from destroying the earth is the fact that they don't know where it is. They worship whatever race has built Halo, a mysterious artificial ring-shaped world that was designed to...

spoiler:
hold a race known as the flood. These can take over any creature with enough biomass to sustain it. According to Halo's builders, the only way to kill it is to starve it, wich is done by firing Halo, wiping out all life in our galaxy. Luckily, the Masterchief stopped this from happening, and escaped.

The Master chief, wich is the character you play as, is the last surviving cyborg of the 'SPARTAN' project. the SPARTAN cyborgs were designed to eliminate the covenant, but unfortunatly, they got to us before we got to them, and the planet with the Spartans was captured. The Master chief is humanity's last hope in the war against the covenant, especially now that they seem to have discovered earth in Halo 2...

Syzerian 11-07-2004 02:01 PM

I agree with Yahoo, there is no way Im going to buy Halo 2 as Halo 1 was complete ***.
Microsoft has never been able to make a half decent game and never will be, just look at what they did to Freelancer! :mad:

Leper Messiah 11-07-2004 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Syzerian
I agree with Yahoo, there is no way Im going to buy Halo 2 as Halo 1 was complete ***.
Microsoft has never been able to make a half decent game and never will be, just look at what they did to Freelancer! :mad:

Halo wasnt bad at all, it may not have been to your taste, doesnt mean it was rubbish

Doomie 11-08-2004 07:21 AM

Yeah, and halo 2 is good as well.

It got a 10/10 from xbox magazine and 9.8/10 from IGN, I believe.

and besides, IMHO Batlefront was such a letdown that it's a bit silly to discuss Halo being rubbish on this forum...

Lynk Former 11-08-2004 09:19 AM

It's all about opinion really. Halo and San Andreas may score highly in reviews but it all depends what kinda gamer you are, if you're a Star Wars nut then you'll love Battlefront more, if you're a Metroid fan like I am you'll love Metroid Prime 2: Echoes more. I know that MP2:E won't do as well as Halo 2 but it's still a great game and I'm gettin it and I'm gonna play it and I'm gonna love it :p that's all that matters :p

Jet Black 11-08-2004 10:14 AM

I played Halo for XBox with a friend Co-Op and it was all right. Played single player on a PC for a bit and thought it was terrible.

I think the only reason it got such good reviews (the first one) was because it was new for Consoles... PC users have had games like it for ages.

Halo2 is supposed to have a great story and whatnot, but as was said before, I'm not going to buy an XBox to play this thing, good or not. When/if a PC port comes out for it, it won't kill SW:Battelfront. Especially since we're seeing Pandemic working their asses with new content, something I don't know if Halo has ever done? Not that I'd know ;)

Doomie 11-08-2004 10:38 AM

That's because since the end of Halo, they've been working to make Halo 2 a great game. Halo 2 will feature downloadable content however...

But I'm not going to argue about this anymore, clearly i can't convince you guys, and I don't want to...

Jaden Malip 11-08-2004 11:02 AM

Some one lent me Halo on PC, and it was just dull. But when I play it around a friends house who has an X-box it is so much better.

lukeiamyourdad 11-08-2004 06:33 PM

Halo is the one of the best console shooter out there. However, you cannot compare it to the better PC shooters.

PR-0927 11-10-2004 07:53 AM

Hah, Halo PWNED all. Now, Halo 2 PWN's all. You gotta read the three books, Halo: The Fall of Rech, Halo: The Flood, and Halo: First Strike, in order to get the story. It's pretty intense, and the books PWN the first game. It is an excellent story.

I'll be playing Halo 2 and SWBF. I don't see why I would not. SWBF is a great game. Just wait for mods and more patches. And, more MP maps from LucasArts.

:fett:

Darth Groovy 11-12-2004 12:59 AM

Halo 2 kicks ASS, and I STILL love Battlefront.

I am trying to put together a giant LF member Halo 2 match on Saturday, for those of you with Xbox Live subscriptions.

My gamertag is: Darth Groovy. If you are interested, just add me, pm me, or post here. I'll keep in touch. As of now, it looks like it will be noonish, as to allow for the different time zones.

As far as MP games go, it will be majority rule, but the Sky is the limit.

Lets make it happen on Saturday, it will be sheer fun!