LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Design Schematics (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=571)
-   -   Stormtrooper Mod (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=140086)

TK-425 11-13-2004 07:43 AM

Stormtrooper commando
 
I am planning on a mod that basicly completly changes the game into imperial stuff.
More to come on it after the game is out.

ZBomber 11-13-2004 07:45 AM

Well, I think it'll be pretty hard. You'll have to model all that stuff so it looks just as good as the Clones. ;)

tommygunner 12-09-2004 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ZBomber
Well, I think it'll be pretty hard. You'll have to model all that stuff so it looks just as good as the Clones. ;)
yea it'll be pretty hard but good luck tho...:cool:

adillon 12-09-2004 12:43 PM

but then the player's aim would have to be waaaaaay off. we all know the expendable stormtrooper couldn't shoot the broad side of a barn.
;)

j/k ... would be interesting to see. good luck.

TK-425 12-15-2004 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ZBomber
Well, I think it'll be pretty hard. You'll have to model all that stuff so it looks just as good as the Clones. ;)
Stormtroopers look better than clone troopers/commandos.

TK-8252 12-24-2004 12:45 AM

If a Stormtrooper mod were to be made I would buy the game just for that. I have no interest in these Republic Commando things. They just don't seem like something from Star Wars. The gameplay looks great though with the gadgets and helmet displays like Stormtroopers have.

I've read that the Republic Commando's main weapon is the DC-17m rifle, which is way more advanced than an E-11 blaster. It has anti-armor grenade launcher and sniper attachments. For this I suggest that the Stormtrooper's weapon would be the BlasTech DLT-19 Heavy Blaster Rifle, which was used by many Stormtroopers on Tatooine and a few on the Death Star. It was carried by Han disguised in Stormtrooper armor in addition to an E-11, and later used by Chewie to blast detention block AA-23's guards and security devices. In SWBF it has a sniper scope attachment, and I imagine it could impliment a grenade launcher attachment. However, I've also read that the Republic Commando carries a back-up pistol, the DC-15s pistol, which is an early E-11 blaster. Although the E-11 has a fully-automatic mode, in the movies it was always seen used in semi-automatic mode, so I think the E-11 could be the "pistol" even though it's technically a rifle.

Stormtroopers carry one thermal detonator (that's what that canister-shaped object on the back of their belt is) and two concussion grenades. In the trailers I've seen the commandos placing explosive charges and stuff, so they could also carry Merr-Sonn 7-PrG Proton Grenades (used by Han to destroy the shield bunker on Endor) and laser cutting devices, which Stormtroopers used for breaches (watch ANH where Stormtroopers cut through to the detention block to investigate a "weapons malfunction" - they used these cutting devices).

There is actually a Storm Commando based on the Scout Trooper, but like the Republic Commando, I really don't like the way it looks, and it's not like something from Star Wars. Stormtroopers are supposed to be the elite shock troop of the Empire, and it has all the gadgets a Storm Commando would have, so there's no reason why it couldn't replace the Republic Commando.

Of course, it'd be an incredibly huge and involved task to do such a mod. It would require a team of numerous skilled modders, mappers, modelers, and actors. All new models, maps, story, characters, voice acting (which might actually be the hardest thing to get right). The team would have to be at least a dozen of the most talented modders. It's not as easy as just planning "well we'll make a Stormtrooper model to replace the Republic Commandos and some new weapons and enemies." It'd be a total conversion that uses very little if any of the original material. And this all depends on if the devs will offer an SDK (I'm not following Republic Commando - what's the word on support for the modding community?)...

TK-425 12-24-2004 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by TK-8252
If a Stormtrooper mod were to be made I would buy the game just for that. I have no interest in these Republic Commando things. They just don't seem like something from Star Wars. The gameplay looks great though with the gadgets and helmet displays like Stormtroopers have.

I've read that the Republic Commando's main weapon is the DC-17m rifle, which is way more advanced than an E-11 blaster. It has anti-armor grenade launcher and sniper attachments. For this I suggest that the Stormtrooper's weapon would be the BlasTech DLT-19 Heavy Blaster Rifle, which was used by many Stormtroopers on Tatooine and a few on the Death Star. It was carried by Han disguised in Stormtrooper armor in addition to an E-11, and later used by Chewie to blast detention block AA-23's guards and security devices. In SWBF it has a sniper scope attachment, and I imagine it could impliment a grenade launcher attachment. However, I've also read that the Republic Commando carries a back-up pistol, the DC-15s pistol, which is an early E-11 blaster. Although the E-11 has a fully-automatic mode, in the movies it was always seen used in semi-automatic mode, so I think the E-11 could be the "pistol" even though it's technically a rifle.

Good, I was wondering what to do about the E-11. I was also thinking of maybe the Stormtrooper pistol (I dont remember what its called) in your signature.

Quote:

Stormtroopers carry one thermal detonator (that's what that canister-shaped object on the back of their belt is) and two concussion grenades. In the trailers I've seen the commandos placing explosive charges and stuff, so they could also carry Merr-Sonn 7-PrG Proton Grenades (used by Han to destroy the shield bunker on Endor) and laser cutting devices, which Stormtroopers used for breaches (watch ANH where Stormtroopers cut through to the detention block to investigate a "weapons malfunction" - they used these cutting devices).
Yeah I know. Though I dont know how i would implement the laser cutting device, without coding.

Quote:

There is actually a Storm Commando based on the Scout Trooper, but like the Republic Commando, I really don't like the way it looks, and it's not like something from Star Wars. Stormtroopers are supposed to be the elite shock troop of the Empire, and it has all the gadgets a Storm Commando would have, so there's no reason why it couldn't replace the Republic Commando.
Yeah, I didnt like the looks of it either. I really wanted a Stormtrooper but for sake of accuracy I knew I had to use it. I also was thinking what kind of missions I would have to create for them. I mean what locals should I include, and what would they have to do there.

Quote:

Of course, it'd be an incredibly huge and involved task to do such a mod. It would require a team of numerous skilled modders, mappers, modelers, and actors. All new models, maps, story, characters, voice acting (which might actually be the hardest thing to get right). The team would have to be at least a dozen of the most talented modders. It's not as easy as just planning "well we'll make a Stormtrooper model to replace the Republic Commandos and some new weapons and enemies." It'd be a total conversion that uses very little if any of the original material. And this all depends on if the devs will offer an SDK (I'm not following Republic Commando - what's the word on support for the modding community?)...
Yeah, I know, thats going to be the hard part. I dont know about the SDK. If its not released I probably wont be able to do the mod. Thanks!

ZBomber 12-24-2004 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by TK42235
Stormtroopers look better than clone troopers/commandos.
Thats not what I mean. Check out the models in this game. look how professional they look. You'll have to match that or make it even better to make this a good mod.

TK-425 12-24-2004 02:07 PM

Yeah, thats true.

Redtech 01-14-2005 02:30 AM

"I look forward to your mod with great interest."

But I think Stormtroopers as such are too generic. I mean, they're +1 on Clones, not Clone Commandos. This is like the American army versus the WW2 SAS.

Although I can't think of a decent "elite" Stormtrooper without being corny and thinking of Darktroopers.

Clone Commandos look very menacing in METAL armour, I think it's most likely continuity errors but stormies have been killed and then some. They've lost their "fear factor", if any. These Clones make Master Chief look like a small kid.

TK-425 01-14-2005 06:09 PM

Click TK-8252's link:)

Prime 01-15-2005 09:33 AM

Won't the hud/helmet view be all wrong then? Or are you planning on changing that too.

"I can't see a thing in this helmet."

TK-425 01-15-2005 03:54 PM

Take a close look at the Stormtrooper Commando helmet:)

Redtech 01-18-2005 09:17 AM

A l33t scout trooper? Needs more...padding.

Doomie 01-20-2005 08:13 AM

You don't need to use the storm commando. Normal stormies would also do fine, hell, if you're gonna make a total conversion anyway, why not throw in a larger team, to make it look more realistic...

In short, i like Stormtroopers better than Storm commando's...

TK-425 01-21-2005 04:26 AM

I do to, but I have to do it for the sake of realism.

Revan Solo 01-21-2005 08:07 AM

Is modding difficult? I ask because I have such a tool for a game but I never used it.

El Sitherino 01-21-2005 12:51 PM

Modding is only as difficult as you make it. It also depends on your plans, your willingness to perfect the mod to fit evey detail of your plans, and extreme patience.

TK-425 01-23-2005 03:42 PM

Sounds like there will be an SDK soon after the game releases

NiCK-LeSS 02-01-2005 11:22 AM

i can model
 
hey guys, if youre actually gonna start this mod i can model for you (my hobby)...
i have only one problem, i cant model organic (humans/plants and similar stuff) things.

heres some of my models:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...SS/Arasaki.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...LESS/knife.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...SS/Shotgun.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ampKnife_1.png





........ if anybody wants more, post here or send me a PM.

TK-8252 02-02-2005 05:43 PM

After playing the demo I'd say this game would be perfect for Stormtroopers. And the Clone Adviser could be an Imperial Officer. :D

Course... this time, you'd be fighting the Wookiees (uh-oh). :p

Stormtrooper mod or not, the demo (them releasing an awesome demo shows they actually care about us) convinced me the game's well worth buying.

TK-425 02-05-2005 05:10 PM

Exactly my points in doing this:D

TK-425 02-05-2005 05:18 PM

Re: i can model
 
Quote:

Originally posted by NiCK-LeSS
hey guys, if youre actually gonna start this mod i can model for you (my hobby)...
i have only one problem, i cant model organic (humans/plants and similar stuff) things.

heres some of my models:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...SS/Arasaki.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...LESS/knife.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...SS/Shotgun.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ampKnife_1.png





........ if anybody wants more, post here or send me a PM.

Looks like we have ourselves a weapon modeler!:D

TK-8252 02-05-2005 08:18 PM

Now that I've seen how the DC-17 works, I'm thinking that the E-11 could replace it instead of a DLT-19. Since there's no melee claw on Stormtroopers, the E-11 would have to be used in melee attacks. I'd suggest the same motion as the Slaver's shotgun.

For sniper attachments, the stock would be placed in its rear position, the scope would be removed and a longer scope would be placed on, and the barrel extension like on the DC-17 sniper would be placed on.

For anti-armor, the barrel would be removed and the very same attachment from the DC-17 would be placed on, and the scope would be removed. Sort of like this.

Then the DC-15 pistol would be that pistol in my sig. SWBF calls it an SE-14r Pistol.

And about explosives and stuff...

There'll need to be less grenades. You start out with just one Imperial-issue thermal detonator and two concussion grenades, however they'll be set up. You could pick up conventional thermal detonators, sonic grenades, flash grenades, etc. throughout the mission, but never deploy with them.

But instead of demolition charges for busting through walls, a Stormtrooper could use a small cutting torch attached on his belt to cut open a hole and then have you blow the weak spot out with one of your weapons (like the Stormtroopers breaking into detention block AA-23).

TK-425 02-06-2005 06:20 AM

Ok, but Stormtrooper commando's have a melee blade dont they?

TK-8252 02-06-2005 08:16 AM

Doesn't say so in the StarWars.com Databank.

TK-425 02-06-2005 01:19 PM

Yeah, guess your right. I was confused.

Drax Kreiger 02-07-2005 07:50 PM

For the pistol, you could try using the BlasTech DL-44 Heavy Blaster Pistol. It was the pistol used in Jedi Knight, and it has a scope and everything.

But why would you only have 3 grenades? Even in Halo you get 8 total. I would think that a some of an Stormtrooper's weaponry would consist of grenades.

TK-8252 02-08-2005 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Drax Kreiger
For the pistol, you could try using the BlasTech DL-44 Heavy Blaster Pistol. It was the pistol used in Jedi Knight, and it has a scope and everything.
Or, the correct pistol could be used.

Quote:

Originally posted by Drax Kreiger
But why would you only have 3 grenades? Even in Halo you get 8 total. I would think that a some of an Stormtrooper's weaponry would consist of grenades.
Ah, if only people would read my posts I wouldn't have to quote myself.

Quote:

Originally posted by TK-8252
Stormtroopers carry one thermal detonator (that's what that canister-shaped object on the back of their belt is) and two concussion grenades.

Drax Kreiger 02-08-2005 06:19 PM

thats what im questioning. where did you learn that they only carry three grenades?

TK-8252 02-08-2005 06:24 PM

www.StarWars.com

Where'd you learn they have more than three?

And where'd you learn they carry DL-44's...

Drax Kreiger 02-09-2005 06:48 AM

I really wasnt going for realism. I was going for things that would make the game better. But as for the pistol, as far as I know, there was only one pistol in Jedi Knight. And since some Imps used a pistol, I guess they would have to have used the BlasTech one.

TK-425 02-09-2005 07:03 AM

No offence, and I appreciate your trieing to help and everything but I am striving for Star Wars universe realism. If I wasnt I would have used the Stormtrooper instead of the Stormtrooper Commando. Also, take a look at the raven Jediknight stormtrooper, then watch the trilogy, get my point:dozey: Here, http://www.forumforfree.com/forums/i...act=ST&f=7&t=6 I might have a website up soon, but for now I just have the forum

Redtech 02-09-2005 08:12 AM

You are going to make this exciting though, aren't you? Last thing needed is to get anal about details. Yes, technical realism is good, but perhaps Imps need to be able to NOT get 0wned by a bunch of teddy bears? No?

I've got some great character backgrounds if you're interested. But I'm a thinker rather than a do-er...sadly.

TK-425 02-09-2005 04:32 PM

Well, I wasnt quite thinking of movie missions but I suppose your right. You would have to skip the behind enemy lines line though. Btw, tell us what you have for chars Redtech. And for the getting boged down in details the answer is, the Star Wars movies were fun werent they:dozey:

Redtech 02-10-2005 11:55 PM

The movies were fun because the Empire sucked so badly, they lost, remember?

IMHO, the films were based around their heroes, the Stormies were scenery that shot back sometimes.

I would love to see Stormies actually making some sort of comeback. True, "realism" is convincing. But then, I would prefer if the AI were able to hit a target! Haven't got a beef with weapons and classes, however.

--------------------
Anyway, here are some troop profiles I thought up, I'd really appreciate it if you gave some feedback.

Firstly, thought it’d be easier if there are 4 troopers, add some if you want, heck it’s your mod.
Second, I have NO CLUE as to sensible squad code numbers.
Third, any gaps are probably deliberate, add what you want.
Fourth, works for Stromtroopers, OR Storm Commandos. Choice is yours. :P

Squad Leader:
(Playable character)
Nickname: Lead
Profile: A veteran approaching retirement age, Lead has lead dozens of troopers under his command, many have moved on, but far too many died through their own stupidity. As such, he tries not to get emotionally attached to his unit although he looks apon them like his children and the unit as his family. Despite receiving many commendations for bravery and performance attributes, Lead declined the chance of any further promotion to continue to play a far more active role in the Empire’s ranks. A model trooper that many aspire to be. Lead has survived by not playing by the rules. But instead of throwing out the rulebooks, as many younger troopers have mistakenly done, he prefers to add new pages. He is known to be very much in control and is flexible, using enemy weapons or his bare hands to destroy a target if need be. Nothing stops the mission succeeding.

He is unmarried and has no children. The squad is literally his family and he secretly fears that without it, he may as well not exist.

Squad 2nd:
(Resident sniper)
Nickname: Scope
Profile: A prodigiously gifted sniper, Scope ascended through the ranks quickly solely due to his excellent marksmanship and amazing kill ratios. This has lead to suspicion that he is force-talented, which is immediately rebuked with swear words as violent as his kills and has lead to minor scuffles in the past. Unknowingly, he is force-talented, but not enough to do any significant feats of ‘Jedi Magic’. Rather, he would say he has a ‘gift’ for knowing precisely where an enemy’s vital organs are. At home with a scope equipped weapon, he is deadly at close range as well, simply because he absolutely hates being disturbed by friend or foe from his sniping.

He is cool, and almost unemotional from the outside, despite simmering deep inside, yet is fairly tolerant and enjoys leading from a supporting role, after all, he knows exactly where everyone is.

A career soldier, Scope plans to one day lead a squad of his own and while he enjoys being under the control of Lead, Scope is not comfortable with Lead’s unconventional methods, especially ones Lead rebukes others for doing. He never lets Grudge watch his back..

Squad 3rd:
(Demoman)
Nickname: Grudge
Profile: Possibly the exact opposite of Lead, Grudge is coarse-mouthed and very violent, even by trooper standards. He follows the Emperor’s anti-non-human sentiment to fanatical lengths. As a youth from a relatively poor family, he was constantly frustrated with non-humans, the way they stole jobs rightfully deserved for humans, their foreign smells and languages, their filthy customs and worst of all, their criminals. His parents were killed by a group of non-humans and their bodies thrown into a trash compactor when their search for valuables proved empty.

Grudge immediately signed up to become a trooper 2 years underage. When his test scores came back, the shock of the recruitment officers made him immediately accepted. Tatooine was his first assignment, and Grudge would say that it was the second worst moment of his entire life.

Grudge has received many reprimands for excessive force, for destroying houses, religious temples, or public utilities in order to complete the mission, but they are all turned into commendations. When a criminal cell is wiped out in a single explosion, or a known bounty hunter is killed when his landspeeder explodes, or a rebel informant (and her family) are killed in their own home, people pay attention. Personally, Grudge doesn’t see any problems with his methods. After all, they’re not human. Just don’t get him started about the Rebels. He hates them even more.

Squad 4th
(All-round trooper)
Nickname: Wings
Profile: The youngest trooper in the squad, originally, wings planned on entering the Imperial academy to become a pilot. However, despite a consistent high score, he failed the final exams and dropped out. He doesn’t begrudge being a trooper however, infact, he has a zeal which often frustrates his squad. Yet none would say he doesn’t deserve a second chance, after all, it was a stand-off between the rebels and the imperials that lead to the death of Wings’ mother and the resultant test failure. He knows the rebels killed his mother and as such, Wings can’t stand them, but not to the levels of Grudge, although Grudge is sympathetic and tends to call him “kid brother”, mainly to annoy him.

Wings is very by-the-book and so tends to empathise with Scope the most, when things get ugly, although Wings is not afraid of ‘borrowing’ a weapon and turning it on its former owner. Wings is known for using an E11 like the bolts came out of his hands and is a surprisingly good shot regardless. He still has a love for aircraft and talks about them constantly, which is a good distraction in between the regular bouts of chaos. He enjoys travelling to new locations and likes to have almost sadistic fun when everyone else is loosing their heads…literally.

TK-8252 02-11-2005 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Redtech
The movies were fun because the Empire sucked so badly, they lost, remember?
Only sucked at shooting the heroes. Watch the Tantive IV boarding party to see how Stormtroopers can really kick ass. :p

Anyway, to be honest I think "lead" would be a weak nickname. Maybe "sarge" or however you spell the short for sergeant.

El Sitherino 02-11-2005 01:53 PM

Just because they're making it realistic doesn't mean they're making the Stormies suck. And they only lost because the hero's had to win.

TK-8252 02-12-2005 03:54 PM

While we're on the topic of new names, I think the squad could be named "Saber" instead of Delta.

TK-425 02-12-2005 04:45 PM

Yeah, pretty good red, although I probably will change or exclude some things for having a little to much drama for being a Stormtrooper:) Also, I dont know about nicknames, I like just calling them by there code(more like the movies). Btw TK, I was thinking about Echo company? Also TK, what trooper would you like to be in the game(besides the leader)?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.