LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Reporting for Duty (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=568)
-   -   Who is developing this game? (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=142979)

JDKnite188 01-16-2005 10:22 AM

Who is developing this game?
 
Pandemic made BF. Raven made JO and JA. Who is making Republic Commando? Is it an in-house LEC project?

coupes. 01-16-2005 11:38 AM

Yes, LucasArts is the developper and the publisher as far as I know.

Alegis 01-16-2005 11:47 AM

Seems they are, strange..I never thought about that. LEC should do more in-house like them old times

ZBomber 01-16-2005 04:50 PM

Well, if JK was an LA thing only, and this is, this could be one of the best games evar. :D

JDKnite188 01-17-2005 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ZBomber
Well, if JK was an LA thing only, and this is, this could be one of the best games evar. :D
My thoughts, exactly.

LEC seems to put in more effort with their in-house titles, although there are exceptions (KOTOR and KOTOR2).

Revan Solo 01-17-2005 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by coupes.
Yes, LucasArts is the developper and the publisher as far as I know.
I agree. There are only the emblems from lucasarts on the official site.

Prime 01-19-2005 10:29 AM

But I thought that Episode 1 and Episode 1 Racer were in house titles that sucked. I was under the impression that that was why they wen't to third party developers. I also thought they had more or less gotten rid of their own development people...

Revan Solo 01-20-2005 01:39 AM

Everytime people can make faults!
Perhaps they have changed there people until now? You cannot know it.

coupes. 01-20-2005 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by JDKnite188
My thoughts, exactly.

LEC seems to put in more effort with their in-house titles, although there are exceptions (KOTOR and KOTOR2).

This statement makes no sense.

ZBomber 01-20-2005 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by coupes.
This statement makes no sense.
Why? KOTOR I and II were both good games, and weren't in-house productions, thus making them exceptions.

coupes. 01-20-2005 01:26 PM

Exceptions of what ?

Explain to me how can LucasArts put less effort into a game they don't even develop.

eastcoast2895 01-20-2005 02:54 PM

not getting in the argument of effort or what not, but i think lucasarts doesn't have the worst in-house record.

there was dark forces, jedi knight 1, rogue squadron (according to ign.com it was both factor 5 and lucasarts), shadows of the empire ( i liked it, good in its time ), full throttle, grim fandango, sam and max, and maniac mansion.

also i personally like episode 1 racer on n64.

so it seems to me lucasarts knows how to make a game, its just sometimes they miss. and as of right now republic commando may be a hit.

ZBomber 01-20-2005 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by coupes.
Exceptions of what ?

Explain to me how can LucasArts put less effort into a game they don't even develop.

Yeh, he didn't word it correctly. He meant, often, LA in-house games are usually better than ones that aren't. An example of ones that are good and not LA in-houses would be KOTOR I and II.

Micahc 02-07-2005 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by eastcoast2895
not getting in the argument of effort or what not, but i think lucasarts doesn't have the worst in-house record.

there was dark forces, jedi knight 1, rogue squadron (according to ign.com it was both factor 5 and lucasarts), shadows of the empire ( i liked it, good in its time ), full throttle, grim fandango, sam and max, and maniac mansion.

also i personally like episode 1 racer on n64.

so it seems to me lucasarts knows how to make a game, its just sometimes they miss. and as of right now republic commando may be a hit.

Dude; how can you forget the game Armed & Dangerous?! Thats easily one of there best games, sure it may not be Starwars and i have no clue if it was also made by another company but it still has the Gold Guy!:p

TK-8252 02-07-2005 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by eastcoast2895
and as of right now republic commando may be is a hit.
Fixed.

What engine is RC on? Is it UT?

Boba Rhett 02-07-2005 04:43 PM

Unreal engine I think.

And Planet Moon made A&D, which could have been a lot better if they weren't rushed to get it out the door. LucasArts used to consistantly make great inhouse games. Ones that weren't even SW related, mind you. ;) Then not so much.

Republic Commando looks to be great. Perhaps they're coming out of the slump they were in. Now if only they'd also get back into games like Grim Fandango and Sam & Max.

EDIT: And Monkey Island. I'm sorry for forgetting. Don't hit me. :(

Kurgan 02-07-2005 08:54 PM

If I'm not mistaken, "Unreal Tech" is the same engine they've used since 1998's "Unreal" that's been continuously modified for each subsequent game (up to and including UT2k4).

Given the time that RC was started, I'm guessing it's based on UT2k3, but that's purely a guess.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.