LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   The Sliced TaunTaun (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=559)
-   -   Forum users prefer PC to XBOX/PS2 (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143787)

michaelforce 02-03-2005 10:16 AM

Forum users prefer PC to XBOX/PS2
 
I hate to bring it up again but I feel I made a bad choice to buy XBOX. Chatting with some of you has reinforced this. XBOX was going to solve the following problems:

1. force upgrading my PC every year
2. a more stable platform (can't get a virus on XBOX) :violin:
3. performance better on XBOX
4. buying multiple copies of games for different plaforms

I feel now the limitation of the XBOX for the SW games I want to play....i.e. Battleground updates, Empire at War, etc.

What advice would you have for a person who has about 10 XBOX games? Sell? Giveaway?

Is it truly worth leaving the XBOX plaform for PC? Convince me!:wstupid:

Revan Solo 02-04-2005 04:31 AM

Buy a PS 2! It is good and you have free online playing.

But I must say that when I have nothing and I can choose between PC and console, I would take PC. I think it is better than a console, even when I like console very much.

console without PC: not so good
PC without console: good


PC with console: very good

Pho3nix 02-04-2005 04:59 AM

meh
 
Just buy a new comp.

michaelforce 02-04-2005 05:19 AM

PS2 quality
 
Quote:

Originally posted by Revan Solo
Buy a PS 2! It is good and you have free online playing.

But I must say that when I have nothing and I can choose between PC and console, I would take PC. I think it is better than a console, even when I like console very much.

console without PC: not so good
PC without console: good


PC with console: very good

I was told that PS2 would not be a good investment because it would often wear out from playing DVD movies. I tried to buy one but the electronics store convinced me to buy XBOX. They said it was better quality (graphics, durability) and that Live internet playing would eventually replace PC based games and bury PS2 alive. While that hasn't happened, XBOX has truly taken some market share away from PS2. I feel like it is to late to change now.

Revan Solo 02-04-2005 05:56 AM

There will be a new console from Microsoft.

michaelforce 02-04-2005 07:14 AM

New XBOX console
 
Quote:

Originally posted by Revan Solo
There will be a new console from Microsoft.
Yeah I hear that it was leaked recently...which probably isn't such a terrible thing. I'd like to know what the next gen XBOX looks like. I can only hope for the best!

Maybe the next XBOX will have more PC like qualities, such as downloadable updates, mice/keyboard expanded play and the like.

Here's an update that is not much of an update:

http://www.xbox365.com/news/news.cgi...FuPWswpicS2134

Revan Solo 02-04-2005 07:17 AM

But the new one isn't compatible with X-Box games! That sucks, I guess.

swphreak 02-04-2005 07:40 AM

Re: PS2 quality
 
Quote:

Originally posted by michaelforce
They said it was better quality (graphics, durability) and that Live internet playing would eventually replace PC based games
I'm sorry, but the people at your store are morons. Nothing will replace the PC. Nothing.

Revan Solo 02-04-2005 07:42 AM

X-Box better than PS 2! That was what he was speaking about.

RebelScum! 02-04-2005 08:23 AM

Re: Forum users prefer PC to XBOX/PS2
 
Quote:

Originally posted by michaelforce
What advice would you have for a person who has about 10 XBOX games? Sell? Giveaway?
Just give um to me ;). There Problem solved...No seriously thought sell you xbox if you dont like it then buy/build a nice shiny new pc.

ET Warrior 02-04-2005 08:35 AM

PC gaming is overrated.

Don't get me wrong, I love my PC, and I love the games on it. But I tire of hearing about how vastly superior the PC is for gaming than a console.

Both is obviously the way to go, why limit yourself and your gaming potential?


However, if I had to choose Xbox gaming or PC gaming, I'd go with my Xbox, because it:

A) is on a bigger screen
B) is more portable if we want a LAN party
C) is easier to set UP a LAN party
D) Never needs upgraded
E) Never has compatibility issues
F) Is easier to play with real life friends.

I could probably name more, but that'll do.

michaelforce 02-04-2005 08:44 AM

XBOX RUMORS?
 
Quote:

Originally posted by ET Warrior
PC gaming is overrated.

Don't get me wrong, I love my PC, and I love the games on it. But I tire of hearing about how vastly superior the PC is for gaming than a console. Both is obviously the way to go, why limit yourself and your gaming potential? However, if I had to choose Xbox gaming or PC gaming, I'd go with my Xbox, because it:

A) is on a bigger screen
B) is more portable if we want a LAN party
C) is easier to set UP a LAN party
D) Never needs upgraded
E) Never has compatibility issues
F) Is easier to play with real life friends.

I guess that is what I have been thinking. However updates and mods are not possible yet and that is valuable to me. Using Both PC and XBOX platforms can work unless the rumor is true....old XBOX games not compatible with the new? That would be HIGH TREASON and reason to drop my XBOX if true. Can anyone substantiate this?

Quote:

Originally posted by RebelScum1
Just give um to me ;). There Problem solved...No seriously thought sell you xbox if you dont like it then buy/build a nice shiny new pc.
What is an XBOX worth anyway? I think I'd rather give it to you than sell it.

I bought it for $199, I bet I couldn't get $75 for it....?:headbump


Quote:

Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak
I'm sorry, but the people at your store are morons. Nothing will replace the PC. Nothing.
I was refering to the PS2 vs the new (at the time) XBOX. Still you could be right about the moron part, it was a Radio Shack. Bought my XBOX at Wal-Mart of course.:anvil:

ET Warrior 02-04-2005 12:53 PM

Lets try to cut down on the triple posting eh?


Editing in further comments is a very viable option, and makes less work for poor ET :)



The rumors now are that the Xbox 2 will not in fact be backwards compatible. Of course I don't see why that is an issue, just don't get rid of your current Xbox if and when you get an Xbox2.

Lynk Former 02-04-2005 03:41 PM

Nintendo!!


...What? I only use PCs for the net and using applications. I don't like the PS2 or Xbox cause they're full of FPS games which I'm a natural at console FPS and can kick everyones all once I get used to it... which is why I'm bored of FPS games and hate them now x.x Reason I don't like PC FPS games are cause I despise the controls... damn keyboard + mouse.

At least with Nintendo you can get oldskool fun with interesting gameplay.

ZBomber 02-04-2005 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lynk Former
Nintendo!!


...What? I only use PCs for the net and using applications. I don't like the PS2 or Xbox cause they're full of FPS games which I'm a natural at console FPS and can kick everyones all once I get used to it... which is why I'm bored of FPS games and hate them now x.x Reason I don't like PC FPS games are cause I despise the controls... damn keyboard + mouse.

At least with Nintendo you can get oldskool fun with interesting gameplay.

Amen. To me, all PS2/XBox FPS are the same, unless they have something REALLY challenging or new (which most don't)

Revan Solo 02-12-2005 04:08 AM

I still cannot understand what good gameplay Mariokart and such games can have?
I guess, I would be bored of them after a short time. The only Racing Game I like is a game with real cars and not those in MarioKart.

Lynk Former 02-12-2005 06:57 AM

It's a great party game, grab a bunch of friends together and play em and you'll have lots of fun. Great gameplay is when you can pick up a game and play it as if you've done so all your life, it doesn't take much to learn how to control and figure out. It's what Nintendo is famous for cause it's so easy to control the games they make.

El Sitherino 02-12-2005 07:30 AM

Easy to play, has a challenge. That's what makes Nintendo superior.

Revan Solo 02-12-2005 08:34 AM

I don't know if you can compare Gameboy with GameCube but I bought a Mickey Maus game for Gameboy before about 8 years and I never finished it. It was too difficult!

Lynk Former 02-12-2005 05:55 PM

It might have been the fact that you were 8 that did it ;) Plus while that game is on a Nintendo system that doesn't make it a game made by Nintendo. It was created by some other developer :p

Revan Solo 02-13-2005 02:41 AM

It is from Nintendo and now I am not 8 and I still cannot finish it!
In fact I found kotor and such games easier than a Mickey Mouse game.

Lynk Former 02-13-2005 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Revan Solo
It is from Nintendo and now I am not 8 and I still cannot finish it!
In fact I found kotor and such games easier than a Mickey Mouse game.

*looks up all known Mickey Mouse games on the GameBoy.

These are the Disney games that have been made by the following companies...

Disney Interactive
Kotobuki Systems

Both third party companies. Sorry but they have nothing to do with Nintendo other than they released their games on a Nintendo system ;)

ET Warrior 02-13-2005 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Revan Solo
It is from Nintendo and now I am not 8 and I still cannot finish it!
In fact I found kotor and such games easier than a Mickey Mouse game.

Plus old Gameboy / Nintendo / other early era video games were typically a LOT harder than current ones. Some of them were actually impossible I think (Battle Toads anyone?)

Lynk Former 02-13-2005 07:05 AM

Hmmmm yeah, that's another fear I have for videogames... a lot of them are way too easy for their own good these days...

swphreak 02-13-2005 08:15 AM

Dude, I think I know what game he's talking about, and yeah, it was kinda hard...

I just hope the Nintendo does well with the DS, it does show potential.

lukeiamyourdad 02-13-2005 10:49 AM

IMO, SP gaming with a console is boring. It just doesn't feel right. That's maybe because I'm so used to playing console party games.

XBOX Live cannot replace PC internet gaming. It's not free. Something that costs a monthly fee will not beat something that's free.

I love SP and MP gaming with a PC but nothing beats a console in a party. Nothing.
Getting a gang together to play a soccer, hockey, fighting or DDR game is a whole lot of fun.

Revan Solo 02-14-2005 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak
Dude, I think I know what game he's talking about, and yeah, it was kinda hard...

I just hope the Nintendo does well with the DS, it does show potential.

Dangerous Chase,... Could that be?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.