LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   Official 1.3 Beta Patch Thread (released 4/21/05) (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=148157)

richo 04-20-2005 03:56 PM

Patch 1.3 BETA

I don't know if this has been posted yet but it has been annouced that the 1.3 patch is coming soon (the next few days). It is going to be called 1.3beta and will have some pretty important changes including ditching the framerate restrictions in multiplayer.

Here is the link

Richo

kingguru 04-20-2005 11:12 PM

1.3 server beta release

Currently the 1.3 server patch (standalone has been released , within a few days expect 1.3 client patch)

download the 1.3 server from 3dgamers at :

http://www.3dgamers.com/dlselect/gam...ta1_3.exe.html

this new server allows for easier admin of servers via chat commands , changing maps on the fly etc... there are many new MP updates as well , less lag, less bad server predictions, dropped players.

If you find issues with the beta server or client please post info about it here :
http://gametoast.com/index.php?name=...ic&p=7142#7142

I hope to all the clans get this update before Mod Battleweek so we can run the new code throughout the event.

Rends 04-21-2005 07:50 AM

Re: 1.3 server beta release

Quote:

[i]
I hope to all the clans get this update before Mod Battleweek so we can run the new code throughout the event. [/B]
But then this would mean that all non US game version players (includung me) CAN`T play because the client beta patch will be US Version only.

Read it here:
http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.j...39447&tstart=0

richo 04-21-2005 08:01 AM

What country are you from rends? Hopefuly it won't take too long for other language patches to appear as from what I have experienced when playing online a large percentage of the online community are european.

By the way I loved your bounty hunter mods, thank you for keeping my interest in this game, I will look forward to more releases from you. We need to get them on multi player though. I keep trying to mention them when I'm playing.

Regards
Richo

Leviathan 04-21-2005 09:53 AM

Is there any available list of changes made to SWBF with the 1.3 Patch BĘTA ?

Raxor 04-21-2005 10:08 AM

i can think of 3...

framerate lock taken out
rcon server access

and i think the clone pilots backfiring of the weapon is changed. dont know about the others

Stryker412 04-21-2005 05:37 PM

Well I'm not sure what I can talk about yet (NDA). I was a beta tester for this patch, and I think the critics in here and on the LA forums should be happy. Not everyone will be overjoyed because that just isn't possible but I think most of us will be happy. :D

Achillesz7 04-21-2005 11:48 PM

Not sure but I think this is the client patch of 1.3beta.

http://support.lucasarts.com/patches/battlefront1_3.htm

-Achillesz7

Achillesz7 04-22-2005 02:13 AM

Results

Installed and played patch.

Positives:
-Game plays like butter
-Flying shotgun or co-piloting vehicles is ALOT easier
-Maps like Naboo Theed and Geonosis play smoother and faster

Negatives/Problems:
-I had flickering on the engine lights of starfighters
-Starfighters laser bolts stuttered when fired and did not look as smooth or natural as before
-Clicking the mouse when the respawn timer counts down causes jarring quick cuts to the different CPs around the map. (its a small detail)

Hopefully this information helps make the developers aware of issues before the final patch. It might be a good thing for more people to post feedback on the new patch...

-Achillesz7

EI 9373 04-22-2005 08:59 AM

Is it worth downloading this for Single Player...? :)

Leviathan 04-22-2005 11:51 AM

Quote:

and i think the clone pilots backfiring of the weapon is changed. dont know about the others
On the SWBF's updates page, they do not mention any clone pilot's glitches, but they talk about CIS pilot's problem...
So, who's right ?

BeBop 04-22-2005 02:57 PM

Wow the game runs alot smoother. Even on custom maps which have tons of Units on the battlefield at once. As to the cons, I didn't notice anything that Achillesz7 mentioned except for the fact that the Laser bolts sometimes seemed to stutter.

rut-wa jodar 04-23-2005 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by EI 9373
Is it worth downloading this for Single Player...? :)
Not really !
It looks like offline gamers have been ignored, once again :(

italegion 04-23-2005 07:36 AM

great! 80 FPS now!

negative:
- lasers of all guns miss some frames (are not smooth as before)
- AT AT heads have some problems in movements (at least with my Geforce 6800)

Kurgan 04-26-2005 03:46 PM

Official 1.3 Beta Patch Thread (released 4/21/05)

That's right, there's a new patch out (and new dedicated server), and it finally uncaps the Framefrate, plus some other nice fixes like the remote administration feature.

http://support.lucasarts.com/patches/battlefront1_3.htm

Quote:

For PC: 1.3 beta update

Patch Name: Battlefront_Beta1_3.exe

Platform: PC

Format: CD-ROM NOTE: The patch is a downloadable exe.

Size: 8.95 MB (9,389,691 bytes)

Min. Requirements: N/A

Posted: 04/21/05

Installation: This is a self extracting exe. Double-clicking on this file installs the patch.

Reminder this is a BETA version for Battlefront and may not work on all systems and is for the U.S. version of the game only. Version 1.2 must be installed first in order for this version to be properly installed

This update addresses the following:
-------------------------------------------------------
CHANGES FROM 1.2
-------------------------------------------------------
Multiplayer
Unlocked frame rate
Better tolerance of latency spikes and frame rate spikes
Fixed an end of game hang
Better smoothing of predicted positions and orientations
Allow more maps specified from dedicated server command line
Better Droideka prediction
Added remote admin support for those hosting dedicated servers
Tighter clock synchronization under normal conditions
Fixed joining servers behind most firewalls
Allow more mod maps (was 50, now 512)
Global
Fixed CIS Pilot shooting backwards
NOTE: Users hosting Star Wars Battlefront PC Dedicated Servers will need to download and install the updated version of the PC Dedicated server software for compatibility with the 1.3 version update.

I have yet to try it out online, but it sounds great. Will it be enough to keep this game alive? You decide!

Mods: If you find any other patch threads floating around in here about 1.3, please merge them into this thread, thanks (or if you're not a mod and find one, PM me the URL and I'll do it when I have time)!

Proto 04-26-2005 04:33 PM

Any linux server binaries this time around? :deathstar

Jetset 05-02-2005 02:16 PM

what i've found

Ok... after waiting three Jedi patient months for a patch--and of all the numerous things I'd love to see fixed before full release--here's what I've found to be must fixes, (please!):

- Game still crashes to desktop at random. There's no windows error reporting box to close anymore. And, I don't have to reboot my win xp machine in order to restart game and join multiplayer. "Almost there!"

- Autoaim is still on! Hey, I love using my controllers (mouse and Logitech Wingman Strike Force 3D ---> lotsa buttons :) ) Please take this out of multiplayer!

- 1st person/3rd person view changes frequently without user input. Very prevalent in the snow speeder and starships. Badness... nothing more dangerous then tow roping an ATAT and all the sudden my view is switched. I have my change view set to Joy button 10... which is on my second Hat... so I'm not accidently hitting it.

And, it probably won't ever happen... but, I wish someone would go ahead and add voice chat some day. There's nothing more frustrating for me as a gunner in an ATAT/ATST, than having a human pilot turn away from the action! It doesn't help at all to send a text chat message. And for anyone mentioning "But, you can use teamspeak or other 3rd party program..." No regular players are going to do that on a wide scale. They will "If" you put it in the game.

Jet

Murf 05-03-2005 06:05 PM

people updating, they are not ???

Why are online players not updating? When I look online for servers with players, there are hardly any!!!!

I asked in the game and they said it is because they are still playing on the 1.2 version.

As much as people moaned and groaned in here about problems, why are they not updating!!?!?!??!?

Jetset 05-04-2005 11:45 AM

Re: Results

Quote:

Originally posted by Achillesz7

Positives:
-Flying shotgun or co-piloting vehicles is ALOT easier

Negatives/Problems:
-Clicking the mouse when the respawn timer counts down causes jarring quick cuts to the different CPs around the map. (its a small detail)

Oh, I used to hate being the aft gunner in AT-TE... I hope that is much better!

And the respawn timer... getting a brief view of other CPs is fine by me. I still respawn at the CP I selected. I think this occured in previous versions and not just this patch.

Jet

Jetset 05-04-2005 11:50 AM

Re: people updating, they are not ???

Quote:

Originally posted by Murf
Why are online players not updating? When I look online for servers with players, there are hardly any!!!!
I am hearing of some Europeans installing English version now... since this is "English" version rather than "U.S." version only.

Jet

Estilia Bane 05-10-2005 05:19 PM

Having some trouble, I think. I installed both the 1.2 and the 1.3 patch (at least, I ran them and they said that the game was updated). But when I start the game, before getting to the server screen, in the corner it still says 1.104..is that the version I'm running? And why is my game not updating? I'm wondering if I'm missing something here.

CSX 07-18-2005 06:20 PM

Any idea when the 1.3 Final will come? It's months since the beta, and the beta only works with the english version as far as I know (and that makes it useless for me)

THX1138_Scorpio 09-08-2005 09:57 AM

geez

lucasarts needs to get off their ***es and finish the 1.3 they promised BEFORE BF2 comes out

Pho3nix 09-08-2005 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THX1138_Scorpio
lucasarts needs to get off their ***es and finish the 1.3 they promised BEFORE BF2 comes out

Hear hear !

Leviathan 09-10-2005 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THX1138_Scorpio

Where did you read that Pandemic had promised SWBF's 1.3 Patch release before SWBF II's one ? :confused:

THX1138_Scorpio 09-12-2005 06:11 PM

I just assumed it considering the fact that they've made all the other patches in the first few months, and now it has been like 2-3 months since the beta....

zerted 09-12-2005 08:03 PM

I would rather they got off their ***es (assuming they are on them) and made SWBF2 even better then spend their time on a lowly update.

Kurgan 10-05-2005 12:07 AM

Yeah but as of next month SWBF2 will be out. While I want SWBF2 to be the best game it can be, I think they owe it to the fans who purchased SWBF1 on the PC to releease a "final patch" rather than leave the game in an unfinished state forever... (and the bugs that remain are potentially game stopping/major exploits)

After SWBF2 I'm sure they'll have learned and worked these kinks out after all, and can more easily transfer them to SWBF1!

That's what Epic did with their final Unreal patch after Unreal Tournament was released.

THX1138_Scorpio 10-06-2005 06:07 PM

Kudos Kurgan, exactly what I was thinking. If they were just going to discard their BF1 fanbase so quickly, and assume we'd buy SWBF2, they should have just given us a cheap demo or something.

Kurgan 02-18-2006 01:44 PM

Well here we are and no new patches have come out for SWBF1, though with all their delays and being busy with SWBF2, I guess the team must be too small to work on more than one game at a time.

In any case, the reason I post is to let people know that LucasFiles.com now FINALLY has a mirror for the 1.3 beta patch (we actually forgot to add this one when it came out late last April!).

I'll see about adding the server file this weekend (if not tonight).

Hopefully this will encourage more people to check it out!

northero 02-20-2010 09:00 PM

hey I have a question so do I have to download version 1.2 den 1.3 or juz 1.3 immediately ?

richo 02-21-2010 08:21 AM

I'm not sure, I can't remember. But I would stick with 1.2 if you want to play online, as no one really uses 1.3. So if you install 1.3 you probably won't see many servers.