LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Prequel Trilogy (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=439)
-   -   Best Swordsman? (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=149919)

Jeff 07-21-2005 12:51 PM

Best Swordsman?

What do you all think? I'm pretty sure that Yoda is the best Jedi swordsman, but there have been other opinions.

coupes. 07-21-2005 01:21 PM

Mace is a better swordsman, but Yoda is stronger in the force.

Smilodon 07-21-2005 01:42 PM

Re: Best Swordsman?

Quote:

Originally posted by DarthMoeller
What do you all think? I'm pretty sure that Yoda is the best Jedi swordsman, but there have been other opinions.
Hehe wanna see the opinion of the others on this matter huh? ^^

[x] Mace

Darth Alec 07-21-2005 02:24 PM

Yoda has a maniac kind of fightingstyle, Mace is more controlled.
fighting Yoda basicly as difficult as it gets, but Mace has some special touch over him. I just cant decide who.

TK-8252 07-21-2005 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by coupes.
:wstupid:

lil_dude 07-21-2005 06:04 PM

I have heard that Mace has a special touch which makes him unbeatable with a Light Saber, he uses the Dark Side of the force and the Light Side together to fuel his power and it makes him insanely fast and poweful. This is only when he uses a LS though

Jeff 07-21-2005 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by lil_dude
I have heard that Mace has a special touch which makes him unbeatable with a Light Saber, he uses the Dark Side of the force and the Light Side together to fuel his power and it makes him insanely fast and poweful. This is only when he uses a LS though
His lightsaber form, Juyo/Vaapaad, taps into the users anger to help. Mace is the only Jedi able to use that and not fall to the Dark Side.

El Sitherino 07-21-2005 08:28 PM

Quote:

^

Prime 07-22-2005 09:09 AM

I can't remember where I read it (it might have been the novel), but I believe it said that Palpatine and Yoda are the greatest lightsaber masters of their respective orders.

Samnmax221 07-23-2005 05:42 PM

I just think Mace is cooler

Jeff 07-23-2005 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Samnmax221
I just think Mace is cooler
But the question still stands: Who do you think is a better swordsman?

Soogz 07-27-2005 12:33 PM

heres how I say it: Anakin fights with agression and is strong in the force, Mace is talented enough as a swordsman but is stronger in the force, and Yoda is a better swords man and is stronger in the force than both of them.

Emperor Devon 07-27-2005 08:42 PM

Quote:

Couldn't have said it any better. Overall, Yoda is more powerful.

THE VIGILANTE 07-28-2005 12:49 AM

Yoda is the best swordsman.

Bastila 07-28-2005 06:29 AM

Hard choice but i voted for Mace, yoda does a lot more of jumping (well because his small), but i think Mace is better swordsman.

fuzzyfreaker 08-01-2005 07:57 PM

Wow, a tough one finally. But i'm going with Mace on this one. He's just the more powerful swordsman. I have to say Yoda is more powerful overall, but in a 1 on 1 match using sabers with no force, i'm saying Mace

Pho3nix 08-02-2005 05:58 AM

Imo I think Anakin...even though he was a noob against Obi-Wan.
Liked his style.

Prime 08-02-2005 10:04 AM

Another question is that since lightsaber fighting relies strongly on the Force, and Yoda is the strongest with the Force, does that not make Yoda the strongest lightsaber fighter?

And besides, it says on starwars.com that Mace has been bested by Yoda and Dooku in duels.

fuzzyfreaker 08-02-2005 08:28 PM

Well, as the force does provide strength in battle, does your control of the force make you the best swordsman? I mean, there is a lot of non-force skill involved in saberfighting. Also, in regards to the fact he's been bested by Dooku and Yoda, does that make them better overall? Hm...

BTW: Nice VGCats avi Pho3nix

TK-8252 08-02-2005 08:51 PM

General Grevious was not a Force-user but (before he got his lungs crushed) he was able to take on several Jedi at once and kick ass.

fuzzyfreaker 08-02-2005 09:21 PM

And even if you watch Clone Wars and read the labrynth of evil, he's awesome, so even if you're not a force user, swordsmanship is very possible, i'm sticking to mace.

Prime 08-02-2005 10:03 PM

Good point TK.

lil_dude 08-02-2005 11:05 PM

Well again we come back to the Emporer, he was defeated by Mace, Lucaas said that the Emporer did not give up he was simply defeated. Also in Attack of the Clones you see him easily blocking so many blaster shots, even when not looking or when jumping down from that platform he simply deflects them away. That right there shows his skill with a Lightsaber is unequaled.

As far as Anakin, he is not even that strong, so he slaughtered a bunch of padawan's and children in the Academy, ooooh. Obi-Wan says that he has become much stronger since the last time they met in ANH, which I doubt the Emporer let Vadar become any stronger. Obi-Wan beat him the first time and could of done it the 2nd time, but it wasn't his destiny, he was old and the Jedi order was meant to be remade.

Pho3nix 08-03-2005 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzyfreaker
Well, as the force does provide strength in battle, does your control of the force make you the best swordsman? I mean, there is a lot of non-force skill involved in saberfighting. Also, in regards to the fact he's been bested by Dooku and Yoda, does that make them better overall? Hm...

BTW: Nice VGCats avi Pho3nix

hehe thx =)

Prime 08-03-2005 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lil_dude
Well again we come back to the Emporer, he was defeated by Mace, Lucaas said that the Emporer did not give up he was simply defeated.

Do you have a quote for that?

coupes. 08-03-2005 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lil_dude
Lucaas

OMG !!! :eek:

Geoge Lucas has a clone !?

sorry, had to do it...

lil_dude 08-03-2005 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prime
Do you have a quote for that?

No not at the moment, but I hear it will be included in the DVD version of ROTS

TK-8252 08-03-2005 03:17 PM

The best quote I can get is from the SW.com databank:

Quote:

The two dueled, transforming the office of politics into an arena of lightsaber combat. Windu overpowered Palpatine the instant Anakin Skywalker came running into the offices.
I believe it was said better in the novel.

Leviathan 08-05-2005 10:38 AM

Quote:

His lightsaber form, Juyo/Vaapaad, taps into the users anger to help. Mace is the only Jedi able to use that and not fall to the Dark Side.
I do not agree... From what I've read, he wasn't alone to know how to use the Vaapad... (In the Expanded Universe, at least...)

Prime 08-05-2005 10:58 AM

But some did...

yoda-2nd 08-05-2005 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthMoeller

true dat brother true dat!.'"?

lil_dude 08-05-2005 06:14 PM

If yoda is so skilled in everything, how did Palpetine defeat him? He is definatly the master of wiseness and preception, but of using a LS, I think not.

Mike Windu 08-06-2005 02:37 AM

It is my personal belief that Yoda is a greater swordsman than Mace, no matter how hardcore Mace is >_>

and Palpatine defeated him with a combined use of huge senate seats and lightning. Yoda barely got a chance to duel him.

(was still kinda weak IMO, Yoda just going away like that)

Leviathan 08-06-2005 07:33 AM

Some persons think Yoda wasn't very combative against Sidious, because he was probably affected by the death of all those Jedi... :confused:

DarthTDe 08-06-2005 03:14 PM

I say Yoda.Mace was killed by Anakin,for Pity's sake.If Yoda was Pitted against Anakin,He would have ripped him to shreds with his lightsaber or the force.

lil_dude 08-06-2005 06:31 PM

Mace was not killed by Anakin, he easily defeated Palpetine and even blocked his force lightning like experienced Jedi can(not Anakin, he gets owned in Ep. 2). Then Anakin enters and Mace isn't perceptive to know that he has turned, Anakin chops off his LS hand and Palpetine now force lightnings him off the ledge. If Mace new Anakin had turned he could of defeated him and Palpetine at the same time. Lets just face it, even 50 droids can't hit his ass.

Venom750 08-06-2005 08:03 PM

I say Yoda because of the way he moves, he so fast i think its hard for his enemys to get a beed on him but you notice how both Yoda and Mace kicked that idiot Sidious ass.

DarthTDe 08-09-2005 01:15 PM

yeah.

El Sitherino 08-09-2005 01:17 PM

But incapacitate Yoda's ability to use the force and he has limited mobility. Mace could still fight because his style isn't reliant on the force to work, it makes it more powerful but he could still be a great combatant without use of the force.

TK-8252 08-09-2005 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venom750
but you notice how both Yoda and Mace kicked that idiot Sidious ass.

...Yoda was clearly beaten by Sidious. Who's bragging to his Senate friends how he just defeated the most powerful Jedi Master, and who's crawling through an air duct?