LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Telos Tourist Bureau (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=575)
-   -   Favorite Jedi Master in TSL (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=157272)

RobQel-Droma 12-21-2005 07:56 PM

Favorite Jedi Master in TSL
 
I would probably have to say Kavar, Vash, and maybe to some greatly lesser degree, Vrook. Kavar was just plain sweet- with his dual blue sabers, his Juyo form that he teaches you, he was probably the coolest. Not only that, he wasn't like the other Masters who would admonish you all the time, he seemed to like you.

As for Vash, she really doesn't say much or do anything, you only see her in the holo-records of you trial, but what I saw of her I got to like her also. She was pretty much the one person (besides maybe one person) who stood up for you, or wanted to tell you the truth. At least, it seemed like that to me. I got to like her a lot after the trial- and a lot less Atris, who is my least favorite.

Atris really got me ticked off at her when she started saying "his grave should have been Malachor V." Arrogant little... :D What about you? Sorry if this thread has already been made before.

Jae Onasi 12-21-2005 10:48 PM

Kavar's my favorite, too. He's the epitome of a Jedi--dispensing wisdom and still willing to get in there and fight with the rest of the troops. I liked his form, too. Zez-kai Ell was my next favorite. He was willing to be honest about Jedi shortcomings. The combination of some balding, moustache, and feathers had a certain je ne sais quoi. :syoda:
it's nice to know not all the masters look like Ken dolls.
:noel:

Rain128 12-22-2005 07:37 AM

Even tho i play light side, i liked Vash the best because she didnt say a word to you ....

Second would be Zez, because he saw the folly of the council, but im with Jae with the whole needs a D-Trump comb over .. ;)

Venom750 12-22-2005 10:50 AM

I like kavar and zez because there like you and don't judge which is good

Cygnus Q'ol 12-22-2005 12:03 PM

When playing LS, Kavar was alright. He's the only one really that wanted to talk about what happened.

When playing DS, Vrook. He was the most challenging as an opponent.
They were all pretty weak opponents actually, considering they were masters.

Aayla Secura 12-22-2005 04:10 PM

Kavar. He was the only one who would talk to me like I was doing the right thing.

Soogz 12-22-2005 04:42 PM

I thought that they were all pretty bad...

Aayla Secura 12-22-2005 04:46 PM

They can't all be bad...

RobQel-Droma 12-22-2005 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cygnus Q'ol
When playing LS, Kavar was alright. He's the only one really that wanted to talk about what happened.

Yeah, exactly. He was the only one really that seemed to want to give me a chance, get me to understand why they had done what they had done, and he also congratulated you if you did something good. He didn't find fault with you from the very start, like Vrook.

Zez-Kai Ell seemed kind of neutral to me. He just didn't really seem to do much at all, he was wearing regular clothes, he didn't seem to be trying to help Nar Shaddaa out- he was just sitting there.

Vrook seemed just like he always did at the beginning when you rescue him from the mercernarys. If you choose the right responses, and help out Khoonda as much as you can, he seemed to grudgingly give you some respect, and rethink his ideas about you. However, him trying to cut me off from the force at the end ticked me off. At least Kavar seemed like he didn't really want to do it.

The Doctor 12-22-2005 06:02 PM

Kavar. He was cool. He didn't yell at you like Vrook.

Aayla Secura 12-22-2005 09:38 PM

I hated Vrook. He was just always angry at me. He was also always angry at Revan.

HQ|Delta 07 12-23-2005 03:48 PM

Kavar was cool. He was not like Atris and Vrook. So you didn't change. blabla. whatever. kavar was just cool.

Although Vash didn't had much to say she looked really sweet:D:p

What I have to say is that Atris and Vrook sucked. sry but thats for sure.

SilverSentinal2 12-23-2005 04:42 PM

Kavar and Vash the were JEDI! The others weren't its just that simple.

AnakinSolaris 01-05-2006 09:54 AM

Vrook = a grumpy little man.

Atris = an arrogant old hag who thought that she was the right person to rebuild the jedi order, even though she was just a jedi historian and had no experience of the "real world" or having to make decisions (talk about deluded!).

Vash = can't really comment as you didn't get to talk to her

Zez-Kai Ell = a coward who did nothing to alleviate the suffering of the people in the refugee sector on Nar-Shada'a

Kavar = one that I liked the most, as he actually seemed to like you (probably because you used to be his padawan) and was the least judgmental.

But I didn't like any of them really - after all they do try to kill you even though you are the only one who can stop Sion and Nihilus (arrogant *******)

mogga 01-05-2006 10:09 AM

i disliked all of them, on ds with obvious reasons, and on ls when they seemed pretty egotistic.
my favorite would have to be vash, because she's dead, therfor is not annoying.

Prime 01-05-2006 10:57 AM

I liked Kavar, but Atris was probably the best since she had the most to do with the story.

Olympus 01-05-2006 11:26 PM

If I didn't know any better, I would say Kavar had fought in the Mandalorian wars. He wasn't afraid to get his hands dirty, and wanted you to know the truth. Then came Zez, he aknowledged Jedi faults and wasn't an arse to you. Next came Vash, then Vrook, then Atris. Vash because she was cool in the holos but never talked to you (will this change with that new endgame mod? o.o), Vrook sucks because he's mean to everyone (aww :(), and Atris was the worst. Deluded SOB.

The Source 01-06-2006 12:17 PM

Kavar and Vash!
I would have like to have talked to Vash.

Ajunta Pall 01-06-2006 02:22 PM

Kavar. IMO, Zez looked like someone who starts in a cheap B-movie Western. *shudders at the though of his sideburns*

Darth InSidious 01-06-2006 04:36 PM

Vrook. He's honest about you with you, he displays some real emotion, he seems most like a real person, and least like a computer-man programmed to say lines.

Aayla Secura 01-25-2006 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympus
Vrook sucks because he's mean to everyone (aww :(), and Atris was the worst. Deluded SOB.

I agree. Atris was a jerk and so was Vrook. I hate them both.

rgdelta 01-25-2006 07:26 PM

I said they were all bad because I play Darkside only good Jedi Master is a Dead Jedi Master :-)

TheGreenGoblin 01-25-2006 08:20 PM

Kavar: The type of no-nonsense to the point man that deserves respect.

Atris: I thought she was a great change of pace from the usual wise and insightful Jedi Master cliche.

I hated Zez. Guy sat on Nar Shardaa and did absolutely nothing of any worth for anyone.

Vibro 01-26-2006 06:50 AM

Kavar for me. My worst would have to be Vrook, he annoys me.

Jeff 01-26-2006 08:36 PM

My favorite was Kavar. Though they all annoyed me to some extent :p

ForceFightWMe12 01-26-2006 09:07 PM

^^
Same here. All the others were just...old....:xp:

PoiuyWired 01-27-2006 12:51 PM

ALL of them are old.

Kavar is the coolest guy, but storywise Atris is better. Well, especially the fact that she had feelings for Exile and envy him and everything.

Master Dakari 01-29-2006 02:44 AM

I'm sorry to go against all of you Kavar fanboys, but I just loved Master Zez-Kai Ell. He was a very wise and experienced Jedi Master.

Many of you don't like him because he never helped those on Nar Shaddaa? I suggest you replay the game then. When you tell Visquis, "I wasn't aware of the situation here; or I would have been here sooner" he replies with, "Then that would give validity to rumors of another Jedi here." Or something to that effect. If Visquis himself was getting word of a Jedi being present, then Zez-Kai Ell was getting around. However, he also knew the improtance of keeping a low-profile. He was in hiding against a threat he had never known or seen. Also, the Masters strictly kept their whereabouts from each other ... how much more to keep your position from everybody - and their mamma - on Nar Shaddaa?

And many don't like him because they think he was a wuss. I disagree. Quite the contrary. I saw him as strong and formidable ... but broken. He was a man who had finally been awakened unto the hypocracy and arrogance of the Jedi Order and its Council. He was a mentor who saw his own student forsake the Light Side and the Order, and turned to the corruption of the Sith teachings. His spirit was broken, he had lost faith in the Jedi and the Force, and he was simply miserable (Sounds like Kreia, almost). If I, for one, had gone through some of the things he experienced, I would probably feel the same way. Yet even through his dreary disposition, his wisdom and true spirit still shone through.

Well, I said all of that just to say that I liked Zez-Kai Ell above all. And these were my reasons.

Sabretooth 01-29-2006 05:40 AM

Every single ****ing Jedi Master in TSL sucked.

thundrfang1 09-27-2008 01:38 PM

WHY THE HELL DO YOU LOVE KAVAR SO GOD DAMN MUCH! HE STABS YOU IN THE BACK! HE ACTS ALL NICE AND THEN AGREES TO KILL YOU! VASH IS THE ONLY ONE THAT DOES NOT WANT TO KILL YOU!

thundrfang1, welcome to the forums. Just some tips, it is bad to type in all caps, so please refrain from doing so here. Also please note the date of the last post in a thread posting in really old threads is thread resurrection and is generally frowned upon unless you have something significant to add to the topic. Thanks. -RH

Kalonus 09-27-2008 01:42 PM

I always liked Vrook.

Endorenna 09-27-2008 03:36 PM

Yet ANOTHER resurrected thread! :lol:

I agree with thundrfang1. I hate Kavar's guts! I liked Vash the moment I saw the trial hologram. She was only one who seemed sorry to see me go. I was sad when I found her body. :cry8:

PLEASE HURRY, TEAM GIZKA! I WANT HER CUT CONTENT!!!!!

I know, I know...

:wid:

Astor 09-27-2008 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thundrfang1 (Post 2530274)
WHY THE HELL DO YOU LOVE KAVAR SO GOD DAMN MUCH! HE STABS YOU IN THE BACK! HE ACTS ALL NICE AND THEN AGREES TO KILL YOU! VASH IS THE ONLY ONE THAT DOES NOT WANT TO KILL YOU!

Cruise Control, much?

Are you referring to the Masters wanting to kill you when they reassemble?

If so, it'd be pretty hard for Vash to not want to kill you, by virtue of her being, y'know, dead.

Q 09-27-2008 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endorenna
PLEASE HURRY, TEAM GIZKA! I WANT HER CUT CONTENT!!!!!

I'm afraid that you're going to be disappointed. They're doing absolutely nothing with Vash's cut content, AFAIK. If you want to see it, I'd suggest trying to find the Vash mod. It restores her content in such a seemless fashion that it's indistinguishable from the rest of the game. Unfortunately I haven't a clue where you could find it now.

Oh, and based on said cut content, I voted Vash. :D

Zerimar Nyliram 09-27-2008 06:14 PM

I both love and hate Vrook. He's a good character. The rest were terrible.

TKA-001 09-27-2008 08:20 PM

Quote:

I hated Vrook. He was just always angry at me. He was also always angry at Revan.
Gee, I wonder why.

Endorenna 09-27-2008 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qliveur (Post 2530366)
I'm afraid that you're going to be disappointed. They're doing absolutely nothing with Vash's cut content, AFAIK. If you want to see it, I'd suggest trying to find the Vash mod. It restores her content in such a seemless fashion that it's indistinguishable from the rest of the game. Unfortunately I haven't a clue where you could find it now.

Awww, darn it...thanks for telling me! :D That would've been a bummer to get it and THEN find out it wasn't there!

Q 09-27-2008 11:18 PM

Really, I'd suggest trying to hunt down the Vash mod. It would be worth the effort. It's that good. ;)

Arátoeldar 09-28-2008 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qliveur (Post 2530366)
Oh, and based on said cut content, I voted Vash. :D

Agreed

JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan 09-28-2008 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endorenna (Post 2530334)
I liked Vash the moment I saw the trial hologram. She was only one who seemed sorry to see me go. I was sad when I found her body. :cry8:

totally!
i was so disapointed to find her dead! i wanted to give sion another dead eye!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.