LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   The Unknown Regions (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=631)
-   -   KOTOR 3 info from IGN (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=158259)

RaginCajun 01-10-2006 01:11 AM

KOTOR 3 info from IGN
 
"LucasArts: KOTOR 3, Mercenaries 2
LucasArts' recent silence by no means equals inactivity. On the contrary, Knights of the Old Republic 3, in development with Obsidian Development, is in the early stages of creation for a late 2006 -- most likely a 2007 -- release. The game should feature more seamless interaction between NPCs and the lead character, as well as better, more economic interactions between party members. We predict the combat system will go entirely realtime, as opposed to partially realtime (the way it was in KOTOR 1 and 2), and RPG fans will be able to enjoy more distinct shades of gray recognized by characters instead of the black and white distinctions made in the first two iterations of the series."

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/680/680220p1.html

Nedak 01-10-2006 01:29 AM

KOTOR 3 will be only for 360? Crap (better start saving up =D)

Darth Windu 01-10-2006 02:51 AM

LOL, yeah right. LA might contract to Obsidian Entertainment, but I've never heard of Obsidian Development.

Also, to have only real-time combat would mean abandoning the current engine, which would change the way the game plays. Not gonna happen. It's like saying the new Jedi Knight game will be completely turn-based.

I should also point out that this is opinion not fact - big difference.

Prime 01-10-2006 10:42 AM

Sounds a little suspicious to me. ;)

Darth InSidious 01-10-2006 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prime
Sounds a little suspicious to me. ;)

Quoted for emphasis :)

Bob Lion54 01-10-2006 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by read the article title!!!
IGN Predicts 2006, Pt. 1
What will 2006 bring? IGN's editors prophesize the future of Xbox 360 in 2006.

Its IGN just having fun predicting things. They want it to be funny (I think).

Dios Mio!

IndianaSolo 01-10-2006 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Lion54
Its IGN just having fun predicting things. They want it to be funny (I think).

Dios Mio!

Exactly. It's their predictions, probably done in a half-joking type of way too.

Nedak 01-10-2006 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Windu

like saying the new Jedi Knight game will be completely turn-based.

There is going to me a new Jedi Knight game?!?! :D:sbdance

Gray_Master 01-10-2006 05:28 PM

more economic interactions with party members? lol that sounds funny, I'm such a great Jedi/Sith you gotta pay just to talk to me =P

It would be cool if KOTOR 3 was already in the works, but anything that says "it's going all real time" is bogus. You know how many fans would be up in arms..in real-time or turn-based fans would be up in arms....ooo bad joke =P

Sabretooth 01-11-2006 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Lion54
Its IGN just having fun predicting things. They want it to be funny (I think).

Dios Mio!

Damn. Beat me to it.

Cygnus Q'ol 01-11-2006 09:25 AM

Taking a turn-based combat RPG and turning it into a realtime FPS after two games in a successful format?

Ha ha ha, whoa, whoo whoo! Oh boy, Ha ha ha...
(Stops typing to catch breath from laughing...)

Sorry, that's the funniest thing I've heard today.
(whew, still sweating from a great laugh)

Prime 01-11-2006 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cygnus Q'ol
Taking a turn-based combat RPG and turning it into a realtime FPS after two games in a successful format?

They did not say that it will be a FPS. The claim merely was that it would be realtime. There is a big difference.

Darth n00b 01-11-2006 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by han sala
KOTOR 3 will be only for 360? Crap (better start saving up =D)

They didn't say anything about that.
As far as I know did the KotOR series good on the PC so there should be no reason for LA to make it 360 exlusive.
Unless Darth Gates have pushed som money over to them...

JediMaster12 01-11-2006 12:59 PM

Don't say that PLEASE!! :)

Cygnus Q'ol 01-11-2006 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prime
They did not say that it will be a FPS. The claim merely was that it would be realtime. There is a big difference.

What is the difference between realtime and semi-realtime?

How would this manifest itself in this particular game?

ChAiNz.2da 01-11-2006 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cygnus Q'ol
What is the difference between realtime and semi-realtime?

How would this manifest itself in this particular game?

I posted an answer relating somewhat to that question here:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost....&postcount=105

But feel free to comment on it (or others add to it) as you see fit :)

Link to FULL thread:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=152913

Cygnus Q'ol 01-11-2006 02:11 PM

Thanks Chainz, that helps a bit.

Much appreciated.

I hope it doesn't come to that.

Nedak 01-11-2006 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth n00b
They didn't say anything about that.
As far as I know did the KotOR series good on the PC so there should be no reason for LA to make it 360 exlusive.
Unless Darth Gates have pushed som money over to them...

I read another article about it maybe being on 360. Oh and also I kinda live by "Darth Gates" so I know the true meaning of pain ;)

kushan10 01-11-2006 07:47 PM

Is KOTOR 3 going to on Xbox 360 only!? Lets hope not.

Jeff 01-11-2006 08:16 PM

Quote:

Is KOTOR 3 going to on Xbox 360 only!? Lets hope not.
Well microsoft announced that no more games for the normal xbox would be made from now on i believe.

EDIT: But I'm sure it will be made for PC.

kushan10 01-11-2006 09:11 PM

:urpboun: yay!Thats good news.

lukeiamyourdad 01-11-2006 09:34 PM

Although much smaller, I believe the PC market to be sufficiently big to warrant at least some sort of port from an Xbox 360 version.

pokejedi123 01-21-2006 06:20 AM

and if it comes to 360 man force help us and all kotor fans who own a PC will go and protest against lucas arts and i will be one of them(although im from estonia)

JediMaster12 01-21-2006 11:48 PM

I hope it's not 360 exclusive. I'm a PC person myself.

swediot=) 02-01-2006 06:16 PM

well kotor1 was pc game of the year there is no way they will release this for 360 only. plus the games were way better on the pc anyway i tried it on xbox and it did not come with all the content.... what was up with that

Alkova Lexis 02-02-2006 07:36 AM

it better not only be for the 360..they gotta have it for pc..maybe even ps3. but i doubt it..but seriously, 360 only?

MachineCult 02-02-2006 08:06 AM

If they do release it 360 only then they really are insane, they'll lose millions of customers including me.
I doubt it will make it to the PS3, maybe if it's for the PC as well.

lord ignarn 02-02-2006 09:02 AM

I hope they release it for PC, after all, they will have much more customers, dedicated customers. I mean, a lot of people (me, for example) won´t buy 360 just to play K3. And also, it would be treason to all the LucasArts PC customers, and I would bet that we are a good bunch of people.

Personaly, I won´t believe it until LucasArts, or the license developer, makes an official announcement.

JediMaster12 02-02-2006 12:22 PM

Well I guess we'll have to wait a little while longer for that. I'm with ya though, I'd be boiling mad if they didn't make it for PC

Master Dakari 02-02-2006 01:03 PM

The article never says that K3 will be XBOX 360 exclusive. It never even mentions what platforms it might be made for. Read the article more carefully and you will see that when it states anything about the XBOX 360 or PS3 in the section, it has transitioned into talking about Mercenaries 3, which is in development by Pandemic. Also, from what we know of the past, K3 will be for both XBOX 360 and PC. I don't think they will change the platform inbetween games of a standing series. It wouldn't be logical. However, I wouldn't put it past Micro$oft to someone twist LucasArts into releasing it as a 360-exclusive game. I don't think it will happen, though.

Also, this article is being condemned because it is IGN's predictions. However, if you take all of the predictions and "we think"s out of it, you can chisle it down to few solid facts that the do know. Or atleast what they claim to know as fact. Try this....

Quote:

LucasArts' recent silence by no means equals inactivity. On the contrary, Knights of the Old Republic 3 is in the early stages of creation for a late 2006 -- most likely a 2007 -- release. The game should feature more seamless interaction between NPCs and the lead character, as well as better, more economic interactions between party members.
Makes since to me. Notice that this is the stuff they actually know. Not to be confused with what they predicted, which is sorely based on the limited knowledge they do have.

Hallucination 02-02-2006 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The original, undoctored Article
LucasArts' recent silence by no means equals inactivity. On the contrary, Knights of the Old Republic 3, which we believe is in development with Obsidian Development, is in the early stages of creation for a late 2006 -- most likely a 2007 -- release. The game should feature more seamless interaction between NPCs and the lead character, as well as better, more economic interactions between party members. We predict the combat system will go entirely realtime, as opposed to partially realtime (the way it was in KOTOR 1 and 2), and RPG fans will be able to enjoy more distinct shades of gray recognized by characters instead of the black and white distinctions made in the first two iterations of the series.

I love quotes with deleted parts. I live to fill in sentences to show the truth![/sarcasm]

As you can see, it is just speculation, and they don't know if it's true or not.

Master Dakari 02-04-2006 02:32 PM

*EDIT*

Everything removed by poster.

innerfears 02-04-2006 03:14 PM

Relax.. KOTOR3 will never be Xbox exclusive. Why limit yourself to a console audience when you can have the console people AND PC people? It wouldn't make sense market-wise... and I believe the original KOTOR was designed exclusively for the PC and then they decided to port it to the Xbox not long after. Remember, the Xbox is really just a PC you can plug controllers into and play through your TV, it wouldn't make sense to not make a PC version.

At this point we don't even know if there WILL be a KOTOR3. We can just assume, since the series is so popular and loved, and I think there will be one but I don't know why IGN would give a prediction on it already being in development without something to back it up.

Oh yeah, and if they did make the combat real-time (not likely), I'd have to send a bunch of hatemail to Obsidian. That is the one thing that drew me to the game and it's just another thing that makes it so much better than the Jedi Knight series!

The Source 02-10-2006 02:56 PM

IGN is mirroring what they see in forums. I noticed that they use words and phrases that came from conversations found at ObsidianEnt and LucasFourms.com. Otherwords, they are only repeating the philosophies and rumors found in the Star Wars community, and they are repackaging it as news.

They are also making 'predoictions'. Predictions are their attempt in telling the future.

Nikkke 02-15-2006 05:12 PM

Innerfears made some good points there, about K3 not being exclusive to 360. I almost panicked when I read the previous posts about the matter.
I wonder if LA is going to release some information about K3 soon, cause it has already been quite long since they released KotOR II. Do they have any other big projects there at the moment?

Phaedra36 02-15-2006 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaginCajun
"LucasArts: KOTOR 3, Mercenaries 2
LucasArts' recent silence by no means equals inactivity. On the contrary, Knights of the Old Republic 3, in development with Obsidian Development, is in the early stages of creation for a late 2006 -- most likely a 2007 -- release. The game should feature more seamless interaction between NPCs and the lead character, as well as better, more economic interactions between party members. We predict the combat system will go entirely realtime, as opposed to partially realtime (the way it was in KOTOR 1 and 2), and RPG fans will be able to enjoy more distinct shades of gray recognized by characters instead of the black and white distinctions made in the first two iterations of the series."

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/680/680220p1.html

Look at the key words there. "The game SHOULD..." "We PREDICT..."

Renegade Puma 02-16-2006 05:21 AM

Everyone calm down :) There will be a KOTOR III. No I don't have a link or story confirming this. I am just believing and hoping and saying that there will be. There, everything is better now right?

fonsolo 02-16-2006 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RenegadeBore
Everyone calm down :) There will be a KOTOR III. No I don't have a link or story confirming this. I am just believing and hoping and saying that there will be. There, everything is better now right?

Indeed there will be. Essential economics supply and demand law: if people will buy it, someone will do it. It's just as simple as that.

Ztalker 02-16-2006 08:39 AM

If Kotor 3 comes out for only the X-Box, it will proof they are taking the wrong road. We know Uncle Bill paid them for it then, and they are only there for the cash. On long term, it would destory them.

My conclusion:
Screw Bill! We WILL play Kotor 3!

*readys pitchforks*

Char Ell 02-16-2006 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by innerfears
{snip}I believe the original KOTOR was designed exclusively for the PC and then they decided to port it to the Xbox not long after. Remember, the Xbox is really just a PC you can plug controllers into and play through your TV, it wouldn't make sense to not make a PC version.

Hmmm... perhaps a chronological review of KotOR game series release dates is in order?

2003 July 17 - KotOR for XBOX released
2003 November 18 - KotOR for the PC released

2004 December 6 - KotOR II:TSL for XBOX released
2005 February 10 - KotOR II:TSL for PC released

Still think any of the KotOR games were designed exclusively for the PC and then ported to the XBOX? :D

I definitely hope that any future KotOR games are supported on PC since I do not intend to buy an XBOX 360, PS3, or Revolution. However I suffer no delusions that the PC platform drives video game sales. The big numbers are on the consoles. Those of us who play on PC are just hoping we get to come along for the ride... :)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.