LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Prequel Trilogy (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=439)
-   -   anakin (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=162987)

Sith lord 826 03-27-2006 09:34 PM

anakin
 
I wonder who is anakin's father anyone know?

Point Man 03-27-2006 10:48 PM

Click #94

MachineCult 03-28-2006 05:28 AM

OK the mods need to get down here right now this guy has posted five threads.

Anakin has no father!!!

Darth Macca 03-28-2006 09:36 AM

Anakin didn't have a father, he was created out of midi-chlorins by either Plagueis or Sidious.

Personally I believe it was Plagueis, Sidious says he has the power to create life.

Prime 03-28-2006 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Macca
Anakin didn't have a father, he was created out of midi-chlorins by either Plagueis or Sidious.

Or neither.

Darth Macca 03-28-2006 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prime
Or neither.

Anakin was born of midi-Chlorian and human. In Episode 3, Palpatine talks about Darth Plagueis who was so powerful and wise he could control the midi-chlorians to create life...I'll leave the rest for your imagination...

Darth_Terros 03-28-2006 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Macca
Anakin didn't have a father, he was created out of midi-chlorins by either Plagueis or Sidious.

Personally I believe it was Plagueis, Sidious says he has the power to create life.

Its never actually been stated anywhere thats what happened only implied.

Point Man 03-28-2006 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth_Terros
Its never actually been stated anywhere thats what happened only implied.

Refer to post #2.

TK-8252 03-28-2006 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Macca
Anakin was born of midi-Chlorian and human. In Episode 3, Palpatine talks about Darth Plagueis who was so powerful and wise he could control the midi-chlorians to create life...I'll leave the rest for your imagination...

Sidious was BS'ing you. Ha, and you fell for him.

Samnmax221 03-28-2006 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MachineCult
OK the mods need to get down here right now this guy has posted five threads.

Come swiftly off of thy cloud and smite thy blundering foe, and bring some fondue.
(Ride of the Valkyries plays loudly in the background)

MachineCult 03-29-2006 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbo fett 66
Refer to post #2.

Yeah what about it? Terros is still correct.

Darth Macca 03-29-2006 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TK-8252
Sidious was BS'ing you. Ha, and you fell for him.

What facts do you have to prove this? Yes he "MAY" have been lying, he "MAY" not ... my opinion is that he was telling the truth. Hence the reason why I believe Anakin was created by midi-chlorians by Plagueis.

TK-8252 03-29-2006 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Macca
What facts do you have to prove this? Yes he "MAY" have been lying, he "MAY" not ... my opinion is that he was telling the truth. Hence the reason why I believe Anakin was created by midi-chlorians by Plagueis.

Here's a better question: when is Sidious not lying?

And your opinion is wrong. The fact is, Anakin was not created by anyone. We've already discussed this in another thread; Anakin is the Chosen One as George Lucas has said, meaning that the Force itself created him, not an individual.

This is all explained in Episode I.

Darth Macca 03-29-2006 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TK-8252
Here's a better question: when is Sidious not lying?

And your opinion is wrong. The fact is, Anakin was not created by anyone. We've already discussed this in another thread; Anakin is the Chosen One as George Lucas has said, meaning that the Force itself created him, not an individual.

This is all explained in Episode I.

No, in Episode I Shmni tells Qui-Gon that there is no father. That doesn't really tell us anything, so no it doesn't tell us everything. As for the Chosen One; really, don't talk this bull**** to me ... Yeah, I think Anakin was created by Darth Plageus. The legend revolving around him seems to support it. Also, Anakin could easily have been conceieved by the Dark Side and he would still be the chosen one. The Dark Side of the force is still the force.

TK-8252 03-29-2006 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Macca
No, in Episode I Shmni tells Qui-Gon that there is no father.

That's not what I was referring to. I think it's clear you have forgotten a very significant part of the story discussed in Episode I.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Macca
As for the Chosen One; really, don't talk this bull**** to me ...

But he was the Chosen One... I don't get how it could be BS?? George Lucas said it himself... and the movies proved it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Macca
Yeah, I think Anakin was created by Darth Plageus.

Well, think what you want, but you are wrong. I'm sorry to say so and I'm not trying to be offensive. It is not my opinion that you're wrong; it is a fact that Anakin was not created by anyone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Macca
The legend revolving around him seems to support it.

No, that's not true at all. The movies prove that yes, Anakin was the Chosen One just as the prophecy said. George Lucas has said it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Macca
Also, Anakin could easily have been conceieved by the Dark Side and he would still be the chosen one. The Dark Side of the force is still the force.

...That's not what the prophecy says. You need to watch Episode I again before continuing to argue.


I really don't understand why people are so quick to accept whatever Sidious says, and then twist it to fit something that was implied by the devil, the biggest liar in the galaxy, Sidious.

No wonder Anakin played right into Sidious's hands... you all have too!

Darth Macca 03-29-2006 05:07 PM

I have watched Episode I and my opinion stays the same. You keep on coming up with these measily facts about Lucas which don't change my perspective of the story. George Lucas is a total mystery at times, you never know what he'll come out with next! Your opinion is no better than mine, you can't accept my opinion because it is different to yours. I left a post saying, "I'll leave it for your imagination" and you reply with, "Sidious was BS'ing you. Ha, and you fell for him.", which isn't the politist to say the least and makes me feel your looking for a public debate. I stand by my opinion but yet you quote me on everything I say and then you turn around and tell me your not meaning to be offensive. Do you even understand yourself? If you believe you are right, why continue to argue? I have a different view than you...does that give you the right to quote my every post? I don't think it does. A forum is a place of opinion, that's the problem at times. People just cannot accept other people's perspectives. I have no problem that you believe Anakin was craved by the force itself - you may well be right like I said in an earlier post. Just accept what I have to say, and move along...we are never going to agree with each other because we both have different views. I just fail to understand the human mind at times...I really do.

MachineCult 03-29-2006 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Macca
No, in Episode I Shmni tells Qui-Gon that there is no father. That doesn't really tell us anything, so no it doesn't tell us everything. As for the Chosen One; really, don't talk this bull**** to me ... Yeah, I think Anakin was created by Darth Plageus. The legend revolving around him seems to support it. Also, Anakin could easily have been conceieved by the Dark Side and he would still be the chosen one. The Dark Side of the force is still the force.

I completely agree with TK on this, you have really got it wrong.
Why would he have been concieved by the dark side? He was the chosen one and he was created to destroy the Sith thus eradicating the dark side, what you're saying goes against everything said about Anakin and the prophecy.

Darth Macca 03-29-2006 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MachineCult
I completely agree with TK on this, you have really got it wrong.
Why would he have been concieved by the dark side? He was the chosen one and he was created to destroy the Sith thus eradicating the dark side, what you're saying goes against everything said about Anakin and the prophecy.

"A prophecy that was misread, could've been..." - Master Yoda

MachineCult 03-29-2006 05:17 PM

Don't just post a quote explain why you think it is relevant and how it proves your point.

Darth Macca 03-29-2006 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MachineCult
Don't just post a quote explain why you think it is relevant and how it proves your point.

Well you are distinctively saying that the prophecy proves Anakin was created by the force. Yoda says in ROTS that the prophecy could've been misread and that Anakin was destined to dark side. If he is destined to the dark side then he was obviously created by some sort of dark taint. Plageuis can accordingly influence midi-chlorians to create life - which leaves me with the impression that it isn't zion impossible for Darth Plageuis to create him. The force did create him - but which side? The dark or the light...Personally, I believe the dark side of the force created him. Hence, Darth Plagueis created Anakin Skywalker. My View.

TK-8252 03-29-2006 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Macca
"A prophecy that was misread, could've been..." - Master Yoda

Did he say that it WAS misread, or that it COULD have been misread?

He said it COULD have, which it wasn't. If you saw the ending of RotJ, which I'm hoping you did, you'll see that the prophecy was not misread. It was proven right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Macca
Yoda says in ROTS that the prophecy could've been misread and that Anakin was destined to dark side.

He never said he was destined to the dark side. Never.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Macca
If he is destined to the dark side then he was obviously created by some sort of dark taint.

I see no logic in this sentence. He was influenced by the dark side, not CREATED by it. He destroys the Sith, after all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Macca
Plageuis can accordingly influence midi-chlorians to create life

You need proof in order to make such a claim.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Macca
The force did create him - but which side? The dark or the light...

Neither side created him. The will of the living Force did.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Macca
Personally, I believe the dark side of the force created him. Hence, Darth Plagueis created Anakin Skywalker. My View.

Well, I hate to say it, but you're wrong.

Darth Macca 03-29-2006 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TK-8252
Did he say that it WAS misread, or that it COULD have been misread?

He said it COULD have, which it wasn't. If you saw the ending of RotJ, which I'm hoping you did, you'll see that the prophecy was not misread. It was proven right.

The Jedi thought Anakin was going to bring balance to force by defeating the Sith, which was total nonsense. He infact was destined to the dark side - even Sidious knew that. That's why he was so sure of turning Anakin, because he was indeed created by a Dark Lord of the Sith. Palpatine tells Anakin the story of Plageuis to leave the audience with a new view on things. Lucas knows it will cause controversy, that's why he includes it. Everything in Star Wars is done for a reason...

TK-8252 03-29-2006 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Macca
The Jedi thought Anakin was going to bring balance to force by defeating the Sith, which was total nonsense.

Except for the fact that he brought balance to the Force by defeating the Sith.

Alkonium 03-29-2006 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TK-8252
Except for the fact that he brought balance to the Force by defeating the Sith.

But, he defeated the Sith when there were no Jedi either, which means that he did bring balance, whether you believe that balance means the light and dark sides are in equilibrium, or that the Light Side reigns supreme. The latter doesn't really sound like balance, but more bantha fodder that the arrogant Old Jedi Order came up with.

Darth Macca 03-29-2006 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TK-8252
Except for the fact that he brought balance to the Force by defeating the Sith.

Yes I know that, but the Jedi still misread the prophecy. They believed he was going to defeat the Sith whilst on the light side, which was total nonsense. But why would the force itself create a boy with so much anger and hatred? What went wrong whilst he was being created? If the force was trying to create a boy with no anger, no hatred or jelousy then that really cocked up. Plageuis must have influenced the midi-chlorians to create anger, hatred and jelousy. Yes the prophecy was meant to be, but at a cost.

TK-8252 03-29-2006 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Macca
They believed he was going to defeat the Sith whilst on the light side, which was total nonsense.

You seem to be the one who has misread the prophecy. Because no where does the prophecy say that the Chosen One will be a Jedi and never did any Jedi say that that's what it says. All it says is that the Force will create him, and that he will destroy the Sith. This is what the Jedi believed. And it happened.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Macca
Plageuis must have influenced the midi-chlorians to create anger, hatred and jelousy. Yes the prophecy was meant to be, but at a cost.

No, those are things created by human nature.

Rogue Nine 03-29-2006 05:54 PM

Until George Lucas says otherwise, the issue of who Anakin's father was remains unknown, so you're free to believe anything you want, be it that Darth Plagueis created him through the Dark Side or that the living Force created him or that Shmi Skywalker just ate a really bad Tatooine burrito and conceived him. For all you know, Lucas could pull something out of his ass and say that all those theories are incorrect. Please do not try to force your opinion on others here because no one knows what the definitive answer is. This goes for all of you. Keep it civil. I'd hate to have to put some of you on time-outs.

Darth Macca 03-29-2006 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TK-8252
You seem to be the one who has misread the prophecy. Because no where does the prophecy say that the Chosen One will be a Jedi and never did any Jedi say that that's what it says. All it says is that the Force will create him, and that he will destroy the Sith.

No, those are things created by human nature.

I've misread the prophecy? If the Jedi didn't think Anakin was going to defeat the Sith whilst been on the light side, why would they let him to be trained? Hatred, jelousy & anger are all characteristics of a Sith...not a Jedi. Can't you see he was destined for the dark side? The force created him, Plageuis minipulated the force. He was the Dark lord of the Sith - his power was amazing. Anakin's fate had been written before he was even born because of Plageuis. He knew Anakin would bring balance to the force but at the same time cause huge amound of pain and anger. This is just what Plageuis wanted. It all makes sense, Plageuis minipulates midi-chlorians, Anakin was suspiciously created by midi-chlorians. In my view, it all makes sense!

TK-8252 03-29-2006 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Macca
If the Jedi didn't think Anakin was going to defeat the Sith whilst been on the light side, why would they let him to be trained?

They DIDN'T want him trained! Remember Yoda and Mace Windu turning down the request for him to be trained? The only reason he was trained was because it was Qui-Gon's dying wish.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Macca
Hatred, jelousy & anger are all characteristics of a Sith...not a Jedi.

This is irrelivant. The Chosen One was not destined to be a Jedi or a Sith, but his destiny was to destroy the Sith. That's IT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Macca
Can't you see he was destined for the dark side?

He chose to join Sidious if you saw Episode III. It was not his destiny. His only destiny was to destroy the Sith.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Macca
Plageuis minipulated the force.

Again, you need some proof. You can't just make up something like that. You need some actual evidence, not just assumptions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Macca
He was the Dark lord of the Sith - his power was amazing.

Again irrelivant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Macca
Anakin's fate had been written before he was even born because of Plageuis.

Anakin's fate was written before he was even born, and his fate was to destroy the Sith. Not because of Plagueis; I'd find it hard to believe that Plagueis created someone for the sole purpose of destroying his own.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Macca
He knew Anakin would bring balance to the force but at the same time cause huge amound of pain and anger. This is just what Plageuis wanted.

No... Plagueis wanted the Sith to dominate. WHY would Plagueis create something for the sole purpose of DESTROYING the Sith??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Macca
Plageuis minipulates midi-chlorians

Again, no proof at all.

lordzack 03-29-2006 07:07 PM

George Lucas created Anakin Skywalker. As for how he was created in universe, we don't know. George Lucas hasn't said anything about yet. And perhaps he hasn't even decided. It doesn't really matter because it's all fiction.

TK-8252 03-29-2006 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordzack
George Lucas created Anakin Skywalker. As for how he was created in universe, we don't know. George Lucas hasn't said anything about yet. And perhaps he hasn't even decided. It doesn't really matter because it's all fiction.

It seems to me he's made up his mind, because he's come out and said that Anakin was indeed the Chosen One.

boinga1 03-29-2006 08:27 PM

I feel the need to point out that, if Sidious/Plageus created Anakin, it makes no sense for him to have been born a million light-years away on a dusty little planet, completely unknown to either of them. Surely, if they had created such a life-form, they could at least make it be born on Coruscant, or make its existence known to them. But there seems to be no evidence that anyone was aware of Anakin before Qui-gon, and there is no logical reason why the Sith would have created him on such a distant planet.

Point Man 03-29-2006 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boinga1
I feel the need to point out that, if Sidious/Plageus created Anakin, it makes no sense for him to have been born a million light-years away on a dusty little planet, completely unknown to either of them. Surely, if they had created such a life-form, they could at least make it be born on Coruscant, or make its existence known to them. But there seems to be no evidence that anyone was aware of Anakin before Qui-gon, and there is no logical reason why the Sith would have created him on such a distant planet.

I have wondered about this myself. I can come up with two reasons. First, since Tatooine is a backwater planet, it would be outside the notice of the Jedi Order. If a child was born of the Force on Coruscant, the Masters of the Jedi Council would probably notice the "disturbance in the Force." Second, Star Wars strongly implies Anakin came from Tatooine, so Lucas had to place him there.

As to the ongoing debate about whether Plagueis/Sidious manipulated the midi-chlorians to create Anakin, I have to ask those who believe otherwise this question: if a book published by Del Rey and run through Lucas Licensing says Plagueis/Sidious did it, why do you choose not to believe it?

TK-8252 03-29-2006 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbo fett 66
if a book published by Del Rey and run through Lucas Licensing says Plagueis/Sidious did it, why do you choose not to believe it?

Movies > EU

Point Man 03-29-2006 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TK-8252
Anakin is the Chosen One as George Lucas has said, meaning that the Force itself created him, not an individual.

And why can't it be that the prophecy about the coming of the Chosen One came to fruition because a Sith Lord manipulated the midi-chlorians to create a child born of the Force? The irony in that is a great demonstration of how the dark side leads to its own destruction.

TK-8252 03-29-2006 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbo fett 66
And why can't it be that the prophecy about the coming of the Chosen One came to fruition because a Sith Lord manipulated the midi-chlorians to create a child born of the Force? The irony in that is a great demonstration of how the dark side leads to its own destruction.

Because that's not what the prophecy says?

Point Man 03-29-2006 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TK-8252
Because that's not what the prophecy says?

Then enlighten me because I must not remember the prophecy correctly. I sure don't remember anything in it that would preclude that course of events.

TK-8252 03-29-2006 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbo fett 66
Then enlighten me because I must not remember the prophecy correctly. I sure don't remember anything in it that would preclude that course of events.

Read my posts. I've explained what the prophecy says numerous times in this thread.

Point Man 03-29-2006 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TK-8252
Read my posts. I've explained what the prophecy says numerous times in this thread.

Sorry, but all of your posts simply push your opinion. Just because you say it is fact does not make it so. If you want to tell somebody their opinion is wrong, you need to have hard evidence. All you have presented so far is your opinion, which to me carries less weight than the published account I have quoted.

TK-8252 03-30-2006 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbo fett 66
Sorry, but all of your posts simply push your opinion. Just because you say it is fact does not make it so. If you want to tell somebody their opinion is wrong, you need to have hard evidence. All you have presented so far is your opinion, which to me carries less weight than the published account I have quoted.

Well, not my opinion, but the opinion of George Lucas, yes...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.