LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Forum Help & Feedback Center (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   DEVICE MEMORY HELP pleeeeaaaaaasssssseeee (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=162997)

Rase1One 03-28-2006 01:57 AM

DEVICE MEMORY HELP pleeeeaaaaaasssssseeee
 
Hi, I have a psp and I was wondering if any one knows how to steal memory from another device oor computer and transfer it onto my psp??

Joshi 03-28-2006 05:17 AM

Steal memory? Do you mean RAM? It's probably impossible, memory is a piece of physical hardware which can't just be "stolen" without opening the device, taking out the memory module and somehow attatching it to the PSP, but like I said, probably impossible.

Det. Bart Lasiter 03-29-2006 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rase1One
Hi, I have a psp and I was wondering if any one knows how to steal memory from another device oor computer and transfer it onto my psp??

1) Why ask here?
2) There are different kinds of memory, physical memory (RAM), and memory for storage.
3) If you mean "steal" and not "take from a legitimately owned computer or other device that is owned by you", then it's illegal and has no place on this forum.

Ray Jones 03-30-2006 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmac7142
2) There are different kinds of memory, physical memory (RAM), and memory for storage.

So memory for storage ain't physical, and I cannot store data in RAM? Here I am wondering and cursing about data loss. :PPP

Seriously, if Sony had something like this in mind when developing the PSP, and if they did something like this, the first place to get to know about 'how to' is teh manual.

Det. Bart Lasiter 03-30-2006 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray G. Jones
So memory for storage ain't physical, and I cannot store data in RAM? Here I am wondering and cursing about data loss. :PPP

Seriously, if Sony had something like this in mind when developing the PSP, and if they did something like this, the first place to get to know about 'how to' is teh manual.

I knew I should have gotten some sleep :p

Just reverse those... RAM is used logically by the OS and CPU to cache data they need to access (randomly :D ) many times per clockcycle. So it's not physically stored, whereas the data stored on a hard drive is written to the disk itself by causing small indentations on the disk in order to represent binary data (1s and 0s).

As for memory on a PSP... they have problems with their power supplies anyway, so adding more RAM or storage space will sap the battery faster.

Joshi 03-31-2006 04:40 AM

And even if you could add more ram or storage, you probably couldn't 'steal' it from another device or computer.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.