LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Modding forum (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=644)
-   -   Empire at War: Total Realism v2.0 --- get ready... (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=163057)

Athanasios 03-29-2006 12:27 PM

Empire at War: Total Realism v2.0 --- get ready...
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[edit] For easier referance i quote the download links below that Orao has already posted:

Well, as promised, it's 1/4/2006 and we uploaded Empire at War: Total Realism v2.0...enjoy and send us the required feedback to
enhance this mod even more! :)

******************
* DOWNLOAD NOW! *
******************

Empire at War: Total Realism mod is a creation of A.Tsiolas (Athanasios) and M.Goran (Orao).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT NOTE: It would be V-E-R-Y helpful if you could send us in the contact email (found in last section of README file) along with the feedback described here, some screenshots or even short videos showing the problem you are talking about. In your email just put a easy-referance subject (ie. bug: Piett rapid turn speed, imbalance: ATST no efficient against infantry). You may also copy & paste the description of the problem as posted in the forums, but do not omit to post the problem in the forums too, so that other people that face the same problem acknowledge that it's already reported.

Orao recommends using FRAPS program (uploaded to our site) to record in-game videos. It can capture screenshots too. Mind to turn your screenshots into .JPEG format, so that they are not huge (.tga format: 5 MB/image, .jpeg format: 200 KB/image .

Thanks again for the feedback :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okey, we kept silence for quite long while working hard in the backround to boost up the already preferred modification "Empire at War: Total Realism". Due to the wide appeal we decided to get our hands even more dirty and steal some precious free time from our lives to bring you the mod you were asking for.

Anyway, to stop the babbling and get into the point, EaW:TR v2.0 will be uploaded (hopefully) this Saturday, 1/4/2006 (no, we're not liing :)) featuring a wide range of new enhancements, from a minor footprint re-scalling to a whole re-configuration of ground & space combat and Galactic Conquest experience.

Below i post some parts of the extensive readme file. Stay tuned in topic, since until Saturday, ill post the images you will be asking for and even more.

So, get ready, load your patience, excercise with some veterans out there, and then come face the real devastating power of some marching ATAT & Star Destroyers, or fulfil your thirst for freeding up the galaxy with more advanced tactics than ever before!

PS: Mind that since the text below is directly copied from a text file, the organisation doesn't look as in the text file; i did my best to make it look nice in this thread, but in the original readme file it's just "as meant to be".
-------------------------------------------------------

***[edit]*** Due to MANY difficulties i had to post a decent listed thread in this forum, i redirect you to the PFF forums where you can see the post as meant to be. I mind waste an hour posting the post (as you can see it in PFF forums) here too later. :smash:

EaW:TR (PFF forums thread)

whiteflash 03-29-2006 12:33 PM

i've just checked out the pffthread and wow!i mean u guys deserve a reward the stuff u've done sounds amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Master Leffe 03-29-2006 03:25 PM

Wow, whiteflash is right, that DOES sound pretty amazing... though in an earlier thread, me and some others were debating the issues of posting the CE maps... Might not want to do that...

kimballkinnison 03-30-2006 06:04 AM

I am absolutely loving the sound of this!!

One thing though, seeing as darth and the emperor are being powered up by stormtroopers and imperial guards, would it not be good to do the same for the rebellion heroes?

Maybe some wookiees to go with chewie and han? Obi-Wan could use some help too to be fair, he is pants compared to vader. Some infiltrators would help although I guess that isn't really lore...

Keep up the good work! :D

vandem 03-30-2006 08:03 AM

Sounds magnificent! Already playing with 1.1 and finding it much more exciting than vanilla EaW. In the words of an AT-AT Commander: "Prepare to crush the Rebel scum!"

conmanguyler 03-30-2006 09:09 AM

wow, this sounds cool,iam relly lykin the "dozens of lasers" on the capital ships, but im not sure what teh numbers mean, if they are the garrison/reinforcement thing, could you expand, im not relly sure wot they mean. cheers :thmbup1:

ghost665_uk 03-30-2006 11:45 AM

tie advanced?, is this a new model or are you using the tie scout model for it?

"Multiple installation options for: (1) High-end systems, (2) Low-end systems"

any idea what is considered high end/low end? yet

btw, mod sounds great

trim 03-30-2006 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conmanguyler
wow, this sounds cool,iam relly lykin the "dozens of lasers" on the capital ships, but im not sure what teh numbers mean, if they are the garrison/reinforcement thing, could you expand, im not relly sure wot they mean. cheers :thmbup1:

those numbers mean spwans at the start of the battle/total number of units taht will spawn out of that biulding in the cource of the fight

Athanasios 03-30-2006 05:02 PM

Update at the PFF Forums! The link is not here

Enjoy!


Some short answers:

1. Multiple installation options
Some features like the camera enhancement and the many lasers on ships will make low-end systems crawl, since they demand high cpu & graphic card power. So, we'll include many installation options for all preferances.

2. TIE Advanced X1
Yup, no TIE Scout, just a pure TIE Advanced X1 model (as you can see in the image).

3. Spawn units
As you may know, ships and ground buildings spawn some units during a battle (forever). Now, this is not the case; when those spawn units are up, no more spawn/garisson units. Ofcourse, we tweaked the capacity too.

Admiral Z 03-31-2006 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athanasios
Okey, we kept silence for quite long while working hard in the backround to boost up the already preferred modification "Empire at War: Total Realism". Due to the wide appeal we decided to get our hands even more dirty and steal some precious free time from our lives to bring you the mod you were asking for.

Anyway, to stop the babbling and get into the point, EaW:TR v2.0 will be uploaded (hopefully) this Saturday, 1/4/2006 (no, we're not liing :)) featuring a wide range of new enhancements, from a minor footprint re-scalling to a whole re-configuration of ground & space combat and Galactic Conquest experience.

Below i post some parts of the extensive readme file. Stay tuned in topic, since until Saturday, ill post the images you will be asking for and even more.

So, get ready, load your patience, excercise with some veterans out there, and then come face the real devastating power of some marching ATAT & Star Destroyers, or fulfil your thirst for freeding up the galaxy with more advanced tactics than ever before!

PS: Mind that since the text below is directly copied from a text file, the organisation doesn't look as in the text file; i did my best to make it look nice in this thread, but in the original readme file it's just "as meant to be".
-------------------------------------------------------

***[edit]*** Due to MANY difficulties i had to post a decent listed thread in this forum, i redirect you to the PFF forums where you can see the post as meant to be. I mind waste an hour posting the post (as you can see it in PFF forums) here too later. :smash:

[url=nope[/url]

Lol, did you include those CE maps from me? Lol if so, good. I want everyone to have em. Funny how I get slammed for spreading good.

Athanasios 03-31-2006 12:02 PM

Yes, but after the "attack" you got by some people, i thought to hide your name. If you want, special thanks can be given ;)

darthcarth 03-31-2006 12:17 PM

A quick question
I read in the read me that u rescaled all the ground units are u planing to do that to the space units in the next patch or is that already done?

Admiral Z 03-31-2006 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athanasios
Yes, but after the "attack" you got by some people, i thought to hide your name. If you want, special thanks can be given ;)

Heh, it's ok. I just wanted everyone to have them. What's the point of playing online skirmish with those maps if only 1 out of 10 people have them?

Athanasios 03-31-2006 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthcarth
A quick question
I read in the read me that u rescaled all the ground units are u planing to do that to the space units in the next patch or is that already done?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athanasios at PFF
  • Complete space rescaling (space ships, buildings)
  • Complete ground rescaling (buildings, vehicles, infantry, heroes, indigenous)

Hope this answers your question. Ill upload the PFF thread within an hour for new images, so, stay tuned ;)

Master Leffe 03-31-2006 02:54 PM

The update screens were amazing! Cheers to everyone who worked on this? ( And are you sure it can't be release until tomorrow :( )

darthcarth 03-31-2006 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athanasios
Hope this answers your question. Ill upload the PFF thread within an hour for new images, so, stay tuned ;)

Sorry must have missed that. cant wait to play your mod tommorw. :bounc4: :bounc4: :bounc4:
and i think u mean 4/1/2006

Orao 03-31-2006 06:44 PM

Yep sorry guys. We can't release it untill tomorrow. We are doing some last minute polishing and translation to french is time consuming. Besides we are only 2 on this mod.

Athanasios 03-31-2006 08:03 PM

Okey guys, final update is up, enjoy the screenies at PFF forums!

go there

darthcarth 03-31-2006 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athanasios
Okey guys, final update is up, enjoy the screenies at PFF forums!

http://pff.swrebellion.com/index.php...46321#msg46321

looks good cant wait. :twogun:

Admiral Z 03-31-2006 08:42 PM

Wow I can't wait for the mod!! Damn nice piece of work you guys. And Athanasios, lol. If you wanna put my name on there for the CE maps, I'd love to. I asked myself, "Why not grab a piece of fame as well". LOL!!!

walpurgisng 04-01-2006 12:21 AM

I look forward to this mod, but what makes the scaling you have done different then the scaling done in the "Open Conflict" mod which has been around for a long time---it has over 1000 posts to it?

Athanasios 04-01-2006 07:54 AM

@Admiral Z : done ;)

@walpurgisng: First, i won't commend on the number of posts a thread may gather for various reasons and secondly i won't compare TR with OC because, first of all, comparison is up to you and secondly, i have nice relationships with Adonnay that i have no intenesion to break. I will only say that scaling, contrary to most mods out there that include rescaling, has been based on this principal: "We keep the eye-candy visual effect of battles, but make it in the right scale". In other words, you will not see fighters and troopers as dots (literally) on the map, in favour of the towering ATAT or the massive SD.

Of course, the only problem currently is that we can't resize maps too. But that's a short work which will be done asap we have a map editor.

jedigun 04-01-2006 07:59 AM

will it be online compatible ?

mandead 04-01-2006 08:34 AM

Hello, chaps.

OC Renegade here ;)

This mod looks amazing - I can't wait to check it out.

When will you upload it (GMT) ??? :vsd:

Master Leffe 04-01-2006 08:44 AM

IT'S SATURDAY!!!! YIPPEE!!!! (There should be a countdown clock or something lol...)

:)

Orao 04-01-2006 10:39 AM

Don't be in such haste very young apprentice. We are trying to pack files in the installer right now.

whiteflash 04-01-2006 10:44 AM

so does that mean we might get it 2 day?instead of 2 morrow?

Orao 04-01-2006 11:19 AM

No it means you'll get it tonight on GMT. We are still April 1st (and no there is no bad joke)

Another gift for you all :

http://goranmost78.free.fr/_Resize%2...%20scaling.jpg

whiteflash 04-01-2006 11:26 AM

oh right,by the way i live in the uk(GMT)april 1st here aswell

Master Leffe 04-01-2006 12:24 PM

Orao, would that in any way be the machine from the Clone Wars cartoon series?

darthcarth 04-01-2006 12:31 PM

Im pretty sure that is just a AT-AT lander.

Master Leffe 04-01-2006 12:41 PM

Or that, lol.

whiteflash 04-01-2006 12:46 PM

err,just wondrin when u do upload it,where will it be-filefront?(please!)

Orao 04-01-2006 12:50 PM

We have our own webspace from ISP. Don't worry. And this is ATAT barge. As you can see it is pretty big.

What we are trying to do now is to find some good installer which will greatly simplify things for guys who dont want to bother with any sort of editing. If you have any good one here is your chance to help us.

Otherwise we will just pack the files into single rar file with detailed instructions on how to install properly and nicely.

darthcarth 04-01-2006 12:56 PM

When u mean edit like edit xml files? or just put some folders in the data folder?

whiteflash 04-01-2006 01:00 PM

i don't mean 2 sound too anxious but are u sure u we will have it by 2 morrow(please don't shout -runs into a corner a hides)

darthcarth 04-01-2006 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orao
We have our own webspace from ISP. Don't worry. And this is ATAT barge. As you can see it is pretty big.

What we are trying to do now is to find some good installer which will greatly simplify things for guys who dont want to bother with any sort of editing. If you have any good one here is your chance to help us.

Otherwise we will just pack the files into single rar file with detailed instructions on how to install properly and nicely.

Well Ultimate Empire at War had a installer that work well maybe u could use it?

whiteflash 04-01-2006 01:20 PM

don't mention ultimate eaw,after uninstalling it,it recked eaw-wouldn't let it start up at all-so i had 2 reformat...

darthcarth 04-01-2006 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteflash
don't mention ultimate eaw,after uninstalling it,it recked eaw-wouldn't let it start up at all-so i had 2 reformat...

Wierd didnt do that to me

Well if people are having problems with that installer then u might aswell just put it in a .rar file.

DCorris 04-01-2006 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteflash
don't mention ultimate eaw,after uninstalling it,it recked eaw-wouldn't let it start up at all-so i had 2 reformat...

i hope u didnt mean reformat your whole hardrive



so im guessing the mod still isnt out yet, its 9:45, i was hopeing to play it today :(


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.