LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   The Unknown Regions (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=631)
-   -   Kotor 3 canceled? (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=163166)

lord ignarn 04-01-2006 09:28 AM

Kotor 3 canceled?

I would like to thing this is a foolīs day preview, but, when I entered starwarsknights this afternoon I found that bioware has declared canceled K3. Now, breathe and:

Could anyone tell us if itīs true?
If itīs true what are we going to do?
What is bioware thinking? :tsk:
Could anyother company develop it?
Have we been forgoten?
Do we deserve this?

I hope itīs not true, I hope itīs just a rumor someone has pushed into the internet.

Anyway, this is my anger: :rifle1: :blast5: :fire11: :blueblas1 :uzi1: :blaze6:

And this is what we should do: :mob:

Hotshot 04-01-2006 09:38 AM

How can it be cancelled if it isn't even announced yet?

Jeff 04-01-2006 09:55 AM

It appears they were secretly working on it and just didn't have it announced.

**** :mad:

Com Raven 04-01-2006 10:11 AM

BioWare has always stated that they were working on two next-gen games: Mass Effect and another unannounced one. Guess we know know that the other game used to be :(

The Doctor 04-01-2006 10:19 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOO![/vader]

That's not true! That's impossible![/luke]

I really, really hope that this is just an admin's sick idea of a joke, but my hopes aren't high...

Dark Woman 04-01-2006 10:27 AM

Its a april fools joke.....

Jae Onasi 04-01-2006 10:38 AM

:lol: Have a great day, folks!

Meatbag 04-01-2006 10:54 AM

Quote:

All members of the KotOR 3 team have been integrated into other development teams both in BioWare’s Edmonton Studio, as well as the newly-founded Austin, Texas Studio. BioWare has recently announced that its Austin Studio has already begun work on an unannounced Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game.
SWG is based in Austin.

Quote:

One of the most successful Star Wars games of all time is heading to the next generation courtesy of Obsidian. The third installment of the series will expand on the somewhat lackluster second title and once again be exclusive to Microsoft. We've heard that Bioware has had very little involvement with the third title, but Obsidian has been clearly instructed to take their time and pump out a game that rivals the original in quality.

HerbieZ 04-01-2006 11:30 AM

I believe it's an april fools joke because i nearly shot lead bullets out of me p***s when i saw it. I like to think that's a Mon Calamari reaction.

lord ignarn 04-01-2006 11:49 AM

@Dark Woman: hope you are right.
@Meatbag: As is posted in the thread "More KOTOR III Possibilty News! " in pages 4 to 5 they say that Obsidian wasnīt still working in K3. I hope the new itīs a fake and I hope Iīm wrong starting this thread. The only thing I can say is that I hope you are right.

If any of you knows whatīs being on with all this, Iīd like you to tell it to all of as. Thanks!!

Bob Lion54 04-01-2006 11:53 AM

Last years was better....

No offence Com Raven

RC-1162 04-01-2006 11:53 AM

if this is an april fools joke, its a very sick one.
if its true, im gonna screw all of those responsible for its cancellation.

*Atris* 04-01-2006 11:55 AM

It has to be an april fools joke, i mean come on!

And anyway why would StarWarKnights be the only site to announce and the first to know??

~DarthGeek~ 04-01-2006 12:24 PM

I logged in, looked at at the page (reading).........Obsidian........................ ...
.Kotor III............CANCELLED!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
This had better be a joke! :firemad:

The Distorted 04-01-2006 12:42 PM

C'mon people, don't let your fear overcome you! -

this is blatantly an April Fools joke (and a very unimaginative one IMO), so much so, that I don't even feel the need to research this at all...

Really though, poor show StarWarKnights...poor show... :tsk: :rolleyes:

~DarthGeek~ 04-01-2006 12:55 PM

But...what if they're telling the truth? (goes into fetile position and sucks thumb)

Samnmax221 04-01-2006 01:05 PM

If it were true they wouldn't botheredd to havee annunced it, they would have just swept it under the rug and forgot about it

Suikotsu 04-01-2006 01:36 PM

Lucasarts would be out of their minds not to make a kotor III, especially since it has such a huge fan base. Even if bioware decided not to work on it doesnt mean lucasarts wouldn't give the job to another developer. (Or It is just a sick april fools joke)

Emperor Devon 04-01-2006 01:58 PM

The KotOR games have made LA huge profits. They'd be fools to not make a third one. And is it a coincidence that this was anounced April first?

Darkkender 04-01-2006 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
The KotOR games have made LA huge profits. They'd be fools to not make a third one. And is it a coincidence that this was anounced April first?

Technically Com Raven announced it March 31 2006 -- Yesterday. Of course CR is rarely hanging around us Kotor Fanatics so by default that raises the instant red flag of Fraud.

Then of course the usage of Bioware as the guinne pig which is of course another laugh.

So for those with fears don't be. For those who feel the need to nitpick don't bother if it's not a LA announcement then it isn't worthwhile. :p For those who think last years was better I agree.

*Atris* 04-01-2006 02:42 PM

I cant remember what lasat years was :S. I remember it happening but not what happened

Achilles 04-01-2006 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Atris*
I cant remember what lasat years was :S. I remember it happening but not what happened

LucasArts was shutting down Holowan Labs. Oh...and the witchhunt for modders. Good times. :cool:

Meatbag 04-01-2006 03:45 PM

http://aprilfools06.ytmnd.com/

K3 has to come. Worry not.

ScieX 04-01-2006 05:01 PM

i looked on other websites,

i.e gamespot, they said nothing of it. so if there is only one site that said something about it around April Fool's Day. I'm not saying its a joke, could be a coincidence, but im skeptical about how much truth, if any is to this whole thing.

at the moment id say its an April Fools Joke.

and why would they cancel it when it was never officially announced?????
there were rumors of its making but there was no official annoucment from Lucas arts, Bioware, or Obsidian. so they wouldnt cancel it if there was no official announcement saying it was in development.... just a thought.

hormoz111 04-01-2006 05:36 PM

hey guys check comment i think it is an april fool joke

Shem 04-01-2006 06:07 PM

If this announcement came like a month or two later, then that would make an impact. But it's obviously an April Fools Day joke. The game needs to be announced and in the making before it can be announced as cancelled. It was a just a gag to rev up us hardcore KOTOR fans.

Char Ell 04-01-2006 10:52 PM

What?! Kotor3 cancelled?! Bu-bu-but when was it announced??? WWAAAAHHHH!!! :cry8:

I think I'll just sit in my garage for a while, with the door closed and the engine running. I know that will make the pain go away. :cry6:

j/k people. No need for an intervention or anything like that. It is April Fool's Day after all...

Jae Onasi 04-01-2006 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutmeister
What?! Kotor3 cancelled?! Bu-bu-but when was it announced??? WWAAAAHHHH!!! :cry8:

I think I'll just sit in my garage for a while, with the door closed and the engine running. I know that will make the pain go away. :cry6:

j/k people. No need for an intervention or anything like that. It is April Fool's Day after all...

:lol: That's the best reply I've seen all day. :D

stingerhs 04-01-2006 11:33 PM

oh well. i had to figure something like this might happen. at least there's still hope that OE will get things handed over to them...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Lion54

No offence Com Raven

what, you think the staff is trying to pull a good one?? last i checked, i am a part of the SWK.com staff, and this is the first i've heard of this. you people have no sense of trust.

Sabretooth 04-01-2006 11:42 PM

When KotOR III has not even come close to official announcement, how can it be bloody cancelled?

Char Ell 04-02-2006 12:05 AM

I guess it was an announced shutdown of a previously unannounced project. Bioware never really gave it a chance.

Stan: "Look! They killed KotOR!"
Kyle: "Those b******s!"

RIP KotOR 3. The good times we would have had now will never be. We'll miss you... :frownhug:
*sob* :cry6:
*sniffle* :wornout:
***stumbles back to exhaust fume-filled garage***

Analia 04-02-2006 03:50 AM

But Bioware wasn't even going to make it, Obisidian is, duh.

FiEND_138 04-02-2006 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Lion54

No offence Com Raven

Yeah, a lot better. Again, no offence intended. ;)

Com Raven 04-02-2006 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabretooth
When KotOR III has not even come close to official announcement, how can it be bloody cancelled?

Microsoft for example has admitted a few years ago that they cancel about 60% of their games in development before they are ever announced. Just like Baldur's Gate 3: The Black Hound and Fallout 3 were never announced, but still died.

*Atris* 04-02-2006 07:55 AM

The April Fools Joke Has Now Been Removed From The Site

Com Raven 04-02-2006 08:25 AM

Yeah guys, sorry if it wasn't as funny as last year^^

But what can I say, there are only so many things you can do with a single-player only rpg franchise that has officially no sequel in development^^

Quick April 1st history:
2003 - KotoR on the PC was cancelled
2004 - KotOR II: TSL was announced (you have to appreciate how close we came to the truth with that joke^^)
2005 - the modding boards had to be shut

so for 2006, we had the options of cancelling the game, or announcing KotOR 3. Seeing how the last April Fool's cancelation has been 3 years ago, we went with that ;)

Bob Lion54 04-02-2006 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Com Raven
Yeah guys, sorry if it wasn't as funny as last year^^

hehe. Well, last year was a classic. I really dont think it can be topped.

Still, it was a good try.

Aurora Merlow 04-02-2006 09:04 AM

I was almost in tears. Not bad April fools at all. But come on, how could you play with our fears like that? Heartless, completely heartless!

Suikotsu 04-02-2006 04:23 PM

Dontcha guys think this thread is unecessary now? It has been revealed it was an april fools.

RedHawke 04-02-2006 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurora Merlow
I was almost in tears. Not bad April fools at all. But come on, how could you play with our fears like that? Heartless, completely heartless!

That's the fun of it! :dev6: